BN TV

BN TV: Jollof Bulgur Wheat instead of Rice? Watch Bukie’s Kitchen Muse for the Perfect alternative to Jollof Rice

Bukie’s Kitchen Muse is back with another episode this fine morning. It’s a new month so why not try something new with her new recipe for an alternative to our beloved Jollof Rice, with Jollof Bulgar Wheat? Here’s what she told us;

One of the growing alternatives to rice that I’m beginning to see people use is something called Bulgar Wheat. It’s not quite rice but boy does it taste and feel like rice – with even more benefits. It’s high in fiber, less in carbs. So for those of you who are looking to cut down on your carbs but not so much on your party Jollof ways, Bulgar might be your perfect escape.

On this episode, I show how to cook what I term “My Perfect Alternative to Jollof Rice” using, you got it, Bulgar. I hope you all try this recipe out sometime. Please feel to share your thoughts below. Bon appetit. xoxo.

Watch the Video

1. Fifi

August 1, 2016 at 12:08 pm

My love for bulger wheat no be today, yumm, please where did you get your pots from?

2. nomnoms

August 1, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Pls where can I find Bulger wheat to buy in Nigeria?

• Fifi

August 3, 2016 at 7:59 am

I buy mine at the supermarket in mega plaza

3. Pra

August 2, 2016 at 12:06 am

It’s like when Vegans replicate the texture of meat. This is a no as you cannot call this Jollof.

• Ada

August 2, 2016 at 4:14 am

Ignorance.

4. Jo!

August 2, 2016 at 2:55 am

Mehn, I tried to waka pass, seeing as I already dropped a comment and BN deleted it.
    But I can’t seem to get past this, I have small OCD when it comes to spelling. I even had to google to see whether the word has different variations, but no, it doesn’t.
    It’s BULGUR, not bulgAr or bulgEr. B.U.L.G.U.R.
    Bulgar doesn’t exist, neither does Bulger (well, except as someone’s name, according to Google)

And no ma to the person that said “you cannot call this jollof”, you can definitely call it Jollof, “jollof bulgur”, nobody called it jollof rice.
    Bulgur is one of the few rice alternatives I actually like, not like that quinoa that tastes like sin and pestilence.

• Fifi

August 3, 2016 at 7:59 am

No vex MA

5. Jo!

August 2, 2016 at 2:58 am

The person that asked where they can buy in nigeria: SoFresh on Awolowo road, and Ebeano in Lekki and most big stores in Lagos to be honest, also yemyem in Unilag.

P.S:
    Kitchen muse, you should share recipe for coconut jollof bulgur. The taste is DIVINE