Relationships

Entrepreneur Orode Okpu celebrates 27th Birthday with Gorgeous Shoot & Empowering Words

BellaNaija.com

One of Nigeria’s brightest young entrepreneurs Orode Okpu celebrated her birthday today. Orode made a name for herself as a social entrepreneur with the Pink Pearl Foundation and Rubies Vocational School which has impacted the lives of thousands of women via breast cancer awareness projects as well as poverty alleviation initiatives especially at the grassroots level.
She is also the Founder of Otres Restaurant, a Nigerian food restaurant in Lagos as well as the newly launched Gigs – event rental company.

Today, Orode turned 27 and her poetic words were so empowering!
Orode Okpu 27 Strength
When Strength Matters!! (Another Year today) ??
#27
Through the pain I saw grace
Through the sorrow I saw joy
Through the hardship I held on to faith
Through the sleepless nights I saw peace
Through the heart breaks I became love
Through the sadness I learnt to smile
Through the fire I kept it cool
Through the storm I became calm
Through the betrayal I grew loyal
Through the hurt I saw healing
Through the surgeries I saw Restoration
Through the battering I gained strength
Through the mistakes I found a path
Through the shame Identity came
Through the fear I found courage
Through the lies I saw the hidden truth
Through the gossips I learnt silence
Through the brokenness I gained Myself
Through it all He wrapped His arms around me and made it all better.
Jesus made it all Better.
Xoxo
Orode

Orode Okpu 27 Rise

Pain Had its time but JOY took Over!!! and then came the RISE!! #27 Grateful for it all…. The ability to appreciate the little things and let love heal you! xoxo Orode

#27.. After the RISE comes Peace.. True peace comes from accepting the reality of who you are not minding what the world has to say or think. I am Orode a proud single Mother to two amazing heroes, Daughter, Friend, Lover, Sister, Boss, Hero and most of all Fearless!!! The King of Kings is my Father #Princess ?? She Grew Up!! This is my story.. xoxo Orode

Orode Okpu 27 Happy

#27 Finally Finally THANK YOU!!!!! The Love today has been Outstanding! Whatever it is always be Joyful.. Miracles only happen where JoY resides!! God bless each and everyone of you!! Oya make una shout Amen!! Lol ( that warri side can never be left out) ? xoxo Orode ✌?️

Credits
Photography: Emmanuel Oyeleke
Makeup: Mary Jane Ohobu

1. Alexander Mccathy

August 1, 2016 at 3:53 am

She looks gorgeous

• AHausaChickInToronto

August 1, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I remember when she was getting married, a friend of mine who is her close family friend was complaining bitterly about the guy she was getting married to (his complaining was so intense, I even was like Haba take it easy now)……Ah life, now see how it all ended. May God give her the strength she needs and may God bless us with discerning spirits to marry right and listen to the right advice.

2. susa

August 1, 2016 at 4:01 am

Delta state money working…….

3. lacey

August 1, 2016 at 5:20 am

I don’t get it!After you and your parents stole Delta State blind! My dear Happy Birthday!but get yourself out of Social Media,there are young entrepreneurs from Nigeria out there with nouveau ideas who got true representation from legit levels!making waves all over the world!so my dear good luck with single motherhood!and do not remind Deltans the nonsense your family put them through!

• unlace

August 1, 2016 at 10:48 am

you’re really wicked why did you bring her single motherhood into the mix. How somehow of you. Do you know what she went through in that marriage? You should stop being wicked and bitter because I know if it was you that your dad had that kind of money you wont do anything useful with it. Not supporting her, but that ‘goodluck with singlemotherhood’ was a low blow and one day you will regret it. Are you not a woman looking to marry a Nigerian man? DONT WORRY. You think it’s by cooking and being meek and not having money abi?

• NK

August 1, 2016 at 11:12 am

Lacey, the idiot. Such a useless fellow. To think she can quote the bible. Mocking another woman for being a single mother.

• FasholasLover

August 1, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Hehehehe. How does being a single mother come into the narration of her father’s grand larceny? Some people are just born foolish. Lacey, you are irredeemable.

Orode’s marriage was violent. A lot of unpalatable/unprintable things went down in that marriage. It was a mistake to have married Ryan – the black sheep of his family. I congratulate Orode for having the sense/courage to walk out of that sham of a union. People will gloat no doubt but, whose opinion here matter anyways? I’d rather people gloat/laugh at my predicament than be a statistic. I’ll rather be alive to single-handedly mother my children than be dead while keeping up appearance.

• Women pulling women down

August 1, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Hurry hurry commenter. I must comment by fire by force. Your fellow woman leaves an abusive marriage and the best you can do is to mock her? Lacey the thunder and karma looking for you are on the way. Her father was a thief but how did you connect it with her failed marriage? Your heart is dark. And some women actually liked your comment. smh

• Haba Lacey?

August 1, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Lacey Marry a naija man? The foolish girl says she will marry a white “angel” husband. That was the day l started to question her age/IQ. Always commenting rubbish.

• Thatgidigirl

August 1, 2016 at 11:24 am

I understand your bitterness about her father robbing delta state blind. Delta state went back to the Stone Age the period her dad was governor, and the money from her “entrepreneurship sourjourn” apparently came from there as well. However what I do not understand nor support is mocking a woman for being a single mother, especially one that did not start out as a single mum and has obviously been through a painful marriage. She has saved a lot of lives via her foundation and put food on some tables, and these are things she DIDN’T HAVE TO do but did them all the same. She is 27 (young), beautiful, has a good heart and pedigree (money) which is a magnet for a lot of men….so I doubt she would be a “single mother” for long. Who would have the last laugh then?

• Anon

August 1, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Sane comment.

pedigree (money)…?

• lacey

August 1, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Whatever you [email protected] gidi or moimoi, I have come to realize that Nigerian youths are so shallow in their thinking!especially the gen between 18-32,No depth at all, no innovative thinking! I for one today applauds Sisi Yemmi’s blog and I commend her for coming up with her own innovative style of blogging which is family oriented! I will only promote genuineness, not all this yada yada Nigerian gimmicks!

• susa

August 2, 2016 at 4:24 am

I don’t know why people are getting their knickers in a bunch about your comment. Is she a single mother now or nah? Single parents need all the luck in the world just like everyone navigating through this thing called life.
      These politicians and their kids don’t deserve your prayers at all. Please, save those prayers for you and your loved ones.

To all the politicians and their kids robbing Nigeria blind, you all will never experience true joy and peace. Ase!.

Awon asiere gbogbo! Your wahala has just began….

4. Ariere

August 1, 2016 at 7:38 am

BN, every Business and Venture mentioned on this Post That she founded and manages Were fully fundeD by the public revenue of Delta State.

I can’t be empowered and inspired by this kind d of Entrepreneur who got it so easy And in a platter.

Enjoy Your Birthday Ma.

• Bleed Blue

August 1, 2016 at 11:53 am

I can understand your disappointment. I felt the same way when I saw that the rice farmer of Nassarawa who used google to learn about farming is actually a relative (by marriage) of President Obasanjo.

It almost makes one feel the TRUE grass to grace entrepreneurial success stories do not exist or if they do, they are very few and far between. This is why politicians do whatever it takes to ensure they get to power and stay in power. ..so they and their children will never again know lack. How are we going to get past this?

In any case, happy birthday Orode. I follow one of your organizations on social media and your enthusiasm is infectious. Above all, I love that you give back to society. All the very best!

5. MissB

August 1, 2016 at 7:50 am

she has left him !! proud of you girl .Its okay to be a single mother . The time has come to fight against domestic abuse . Women need to stand up for themselves . I pray God gives you the strength to guide , teach and protect your girls . God bless you.

p.s All my sisters in abusive relationships , pack your bags and walk out . Jesus loves you more .

6. Surely

August 1, 2016 at 8:32 am

Wow. No amount of money can help you heal from an awful marriage people, please don’t make this about money guys.

Orode, more power to you. You seem like a great woman!

• Ethio

August 1, 2016 at 10:38 pm

“no amount of money?” duh!

7. Mz A

August 1, 2016 at 9:12 am

She might have had a fast track on people’s taxes, but hey she’s doing well for herself. Many politician’s children are not half as hardworking as Orode. Before u cuss her out, ask yourself WWJD? better still would u do better if u were in her shoes? We like to point fingers with our oily fingers. She used her position as a 1st daughter to her own benefit. Better be inspired and empowered.
    Happy birthday Orode, higher plains everyday!

• Chy

August 1, 2016 at 9:26 am

The reason why Nigeria continually gets pillaged and nothing happens is the constant refusal of citizens to separate church from state!
      What has WWJD got to do with corruption and misappropriation of public funds?!
      No one is willing to hold anyone accountable so politicians and their children steal, earn a post on bells naija (which is already bad enough) and then some idiot starts saying WWJD

• A

August 1, 2016 at 10:54 am

Jesus would not call anyone an idiot, thats one. You hide behind your screen when u are not any better than the political thief. Many of us have had soft landing, can we allow her breath? I’m not celebrating her ill gotten wealth, I’ve said it before that EEU should be taken into custody. But regardless; orode is hardworking give her credit.

• Chy

August 1, 2016 at 11:43 am

Let us give everyone a pass because we don’t know what we would do if we were in the same position abi?
      How about we hold them accountable and then if you get into that position make an attempt not to be a thief?
      And I have had no soft landing.
      Everything I have I’ve worked hard for.
      oh and btw Jesus would not support thieves and you’re still and idiot!

8. Prince

August 1, 2016 at 9:33 am

Happy Birthday

9. Sheri

August 1, 2016 at 9:52 am

I don’t think I’ve been this disappointed in a very long time. I came across her Instagram post. I was dumbfounded! I was inspired! I was proud! It gave me motivation and encouragement. I wondered how such a young lady had managed to do quite well in Lagos, Nigeria…and now I know why. Why way Nigeria? Boo. Not so happy. I really hope to be a young entrepreneur with successful businesses, that will motivate other young ladies to make something for themselves even without help…and the wrong kind. Gosh. I am annoyed.

• Oma

August 1, 2016 at 10:03 am

Arrgh, me too, i did not know her or her story. I saw a post by Arese Ugwu on IG praising her for her accomplishment at such a young age and i was thinking WOW, what an inspiring young woman and now this, i am disillusioned!

• Anon

August 1, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Arese nee Ogiemwonyi. Go figure…

• Pompey

August 1, 2016 at 12:38 pm

NO WAY! So she’s the daughter of 2 former ministers?

Chai! Those of us with non-govt parents, how will we get our businesses out there in the spotlight to the same level of exposure as these rich men’s kids? 🙁

I see the same names on blogs and at events all the time. Now I’m beginning to see there’s a circle of influence which makes them all support each other. I know they work hard, but the rest of us have to work extra harder.
      Okay oh, let me go back and face my hustle.

• Abk

August 1, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Pompey, her Father was a Governor; her Mom was never Minister.
      Happy Belated Birthday, Orode! May God bless you and your beautiful kids. Amen!

10. Great Lady

August 1, 2016 at 1:40 pm

This is so sad. Honestly I had no idea her marriage was over. Orode is one woman I love so much, she inspires me greatly. Happy birthday Beautiful. You’re still my hero.
    Memoirsofagreatlady.com

11. lacey

August 1, 2016 at 5:39 pm

To all the overly silly people who come here to insult others over their opinion! I will say you are all the reason why God will have to deliver Nigerians from backwardness! It is very clear whoever has insulted me here has benefited from corrupt money! I do not really care what silly explanation you all have !as innoccent Delta citizens suffered seriously during her family’s barage of Delta State’s treasury! and are still suffering under the rigged election of PDP! I will not and have not taken part or associated with corruption,so if you like put yourself in her position and be ready to steal the poor blind! There is always retribution! I wonder why EFCC has not come for this family? As per telling her goodluck with single motherhood, it was never to mock her, at least she has beautiful kids at 27 from the union.So you educated illiterates that cannot comprehend simple english! You are the reason why Nigeria will keep having bad leaders, because there is no manifesto and no one is held accountable! I live comfortably in one of the best cities in the world and God’s grace has helped me this far ,not stealing from people! I know loads of young Nigerians who are based here in this tech region who are top notch and doing great, trying to come up with innovative ideas for the Nigerian youth, that will impact them like the Indians and Chinese in technology, not sales girls jobs! So all you mortgaging your destiny for lentils porridge continue!

• Bio

August 1, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Shut up for once. You have the nerve to call God? You -ed up big time. You are the only literate person here. Only you always seem to undertand the trash you type. Shame on you. Your arrogance is so annoying. When you marry and your husband makes you a punching bag stay and die there. Idiot.

I don’t like her father but the question is why are you happy at her failed marriage? l bet you didn”t even know she was married. Holy holy oonly you will go to heaven

• A

August 1, 2016 at 8:51 pm

@lacey just get help and don’t burst a vein #dasall

• lacey

August 1, 2016 at 10:01 pm

The help @ A and Bio that your generation needs!This her marriage issues is really giving you guys sleepless nights, as it is afternoon where I am! and moreover may your words go back to you both in a 100 folds,as I did not choose husband for her and I am not even iinterested on her status whether she is single or married!!So Bio, may you receive everything you have said! If you guys so damned about my opinion then it is your headache!

12. swerve ho!

August 1, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Lacey go and channel ur frustration elsewhere. I can feel ur pain from here

• lacey

August 1, 2016 at 11:27 pm

@Swerve hoe! someone called herself a proud single mother! and I wished her goodluck!like I wish you goodluck in your live endeavours!You are frustrated you mean!As you guys have english issues!as I just had lunch with dessert and sipping coffee,as I reply your dumbness!

• Bidemi

August 1, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Lacey you jam rock today. Next time, think before you type. You are all over the place constituting a nuisance. Breath and amend your mentality cos, it is warped.

13. lacey

August 1, 2016 at 11:58 pm

@Bidemi you must be very silly!The rock wen don grind you!The nuisance that you are !Na all of una join chop the cursed money na!silly gilts!Cursed is anyone that will take what belongs to the masses!u guys just added color to my job today,as I nor even wen closing time reach!

14. Lol

August 2, 2016 at 12:14 am

Obviously, the comments are getting to you becos you are coming unhinged. Next time think before rushing to type. KMT

15. lacey

August 2, 2016 at 1:34 am

@lol I just liked your comment! good luck to you all!

16. lacey

August 2, 2016 at 1:42 am

Let me go and have my egbele dinner!with okra and shrimps/fresh fish and oats swallow! It was an eventful day for me today with Cherry Flavored Water! I kept so many people awake in Nigeria! At least advisors can put this on their menu!

17. Nene

August 2, 2016 at 2:40 am

Wow. Very spiteful comments here. This girl is doing great things, she’s been doing them for years and she doesn’t deserve the comments here and she didn’t deserve that horrible husband. I didn’t even know she was this young. She’s being respectful compared to the kids of other governors who don’t even live in Nigeria or those who flaunt their wealth all over the Internet.

• Anon

August 2, 2016 at 8:31 am

What’s your obsession with people who don’t live in Nigeria? How does that make them bad people or am I missing something? You’re mixed abi? Live where you want abeg

18. Victoria

August 2, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Damn Nigerians. The Brand is 10 years old people so is Her foundation. Lacey et al Google is your friend!! Things grow if it started with Tax payers money, tax payers money didn’t keep the doors of the business or foundation opened! Damn She saw an opportunity and she used it #firing squad!

• Bola

August 2, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Her Pink Pearl foundation I believe started in 2007/2008 so it’s not 10 years old. Otres is her Mom’s restaurant in Delta which she rebranded in Lagos in 2014 I believe.
      If her Father is allegedly a bad person, the sins of her father shouldn’t be transfered to her.

All the best on your future endeavors, Orode. God bless you and your family.

19. deedee

August 2, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Are most of you aware that you can read a post , and still move on with your life without having to leave a comment, especially if you do not have anything positive to say… ?………
    Do you also know that it won’t remove or add any extra sense to any one than you lot think you already have ….?.
    .. ….you lot need to be aware just incase you have no idea …..
    You’re welcome and please don’t mention …..

And yes before I forget ..Happy belated Orode. ….
    Longlife and nothing but Grace