Features

Sally Dadzie’s “Fourth Finger” is One Hell of an Entrancing Read #LiterallyWhatsHot

OkadaBooks

This week’s Literally What’s Hot pick is from OkadaBooks bestselling author Sally Dadzie … her latest book is titled “The Fourth Finger”  and reads like a romantic Nollywood movie with lots of action and suspense. The review by Nimide Ogbeun below …

sally pictureLet me start by saying … Sally Kenneth Dadzie’s The Fourth Finger is one hell of an entrancing read!

The 663 paged novel is so intricately woven that my head was left spinning from the plots and twists that came with it.

It started with Raji and Christie, Raji who is married to Salma and Christie to Raji’s best friend, Folarin. Please hang in there … it gets even more interesting …

Things take a different turn when they are caught in a web of lies, adultery and deceit with their partners none the wiser. The adulterous tempest doesn’t end with them, but spreads through several other characters in this book, like the biblical Jezebel, looking for who to devour.

Sacred marital vows are broken, trust is severely damaged and a once love-filled home is filled with threats and veiled accusations. Sex is a weapon here, just like in real life, and business are sealed with it, vengeance is gotten with it, and homes are destroyed on its premise.

The characters in this book run amok with their amorous desires and lust; taking what doesn’t belong to them and dipping their fingers in who doesn’t belong to them with such reckless abandon.

I particular liked the role of Antonia Braithwite, a big shot PR executive, and underground playgirl, owner of the most scandalous blog and self-acclaimed connoisseur of married men. I liked how focused she was in achieving her goals, whether good or evil and how she eventually allowed herself to love and be truly loved.

4th fingerSally’s The Fourth Finger portrayed a society that isn’t too far from the realities in real world Nigeria. In this increasingly amoral generation we are, I see a lot of married men and women who hang their vows at the footstep of their house and forget it all once they step into the real world.

The title The Fourth Finger is in perfect juxtaposition with the story as the fourth finger, where wedding rings are worn as a symbol of marital vows and allegiance holds no significance to the characters in this story.

The story is Nollywood big screens worthy, filled with suspense, secrets, betrayals, intrigue, unspeakable desires, a heady sexual presence which she describes in captivating details, vengeance, and ceaseless passions.

Although, after a long tumultuous fight with the repercussions of their sins, the characters find rays of hope to cling to.

As I closed the book, I was left wondering if it was all worth it for the characters … to toy with their happiness, love, and homes with such recklessness as portrayed. But the one thing I was sure of was that Sally’s The Fourth Finger was definitely worth the read!

Read/download the full book here at The Fourth Finger Download

IMG-20160205-WA0005Nimide Ogbeun is a book lover, an unrepentant coke addict and a hopeless romantic. When she’s not trying to expand her shoe closet or dreaming up the perfect getaway, she works as the Assistant Editor of Stylevitae.
See her crazy pictures on Instagram
Email us at [email protected]

Images courtesy of Sally Dadzie.

1. Tee

August 17, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I’ve read the book and everything the person that wrote this post said it’s true. it was one heck of a read! damn! but then, that’s sally for you.
    *applause

2. Toyinfab

August 17, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Currently reading the Fourth Finger and its all these and much more..

3. fourth Finger

August 17, 2016 at 3:08 pm

*downloads book.

4. Kany T. Dahl

August 17, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Sally is a wonderful writer. You cant help but wonder how she finds time to come up with a story and the way she structures every scene. You can get more of her stories at http://www.moskedapages.com

5. Busrah Adeola Adelakun-Adeniji

August 17, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Yes, I read Ms Sally’s ” The Fourth Finger” 6 times back to back. And I must admit, this review does justice to the book. Ms Sally as I always call her is a vampire when it comes to writing. Most times, I always wish a could just have just a moment with her brain…lol

Yes, I am addicted to her works and this was no exception. In fact, I couldn’t hold myself, I kept telling my friends to visit her blog so that they can also feel the orgasm I always felt whenever I read her works most especially ” the forth finger” “the immortal code” , “it’s another Saturday” and “Novocaine Knight” .
    Watch out for ” Its Another Novocaine Saturday” and imagination will soar.

Trust me, Ms Sally is da bomb.

6. Marvey

August 17, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I’m halfway through this book, I can’t wait to see what happens yet I don’t want the story to end.
    Sally is a prolific writer, I’ve followed her blog for years, and seen her grow in her writing. You don’t want to miss the opportunity to read this book. Grab your copy now!

7. John Smith

August 17, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Former 360nobs, writer… Congratulations

8. Joy

August 17, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Wow! I had no idea Sally could write so well. Quick question, can you also add the price at the end of every review? Thanks Nimide and kudos to Okadabooks!

9. wumi

August 17, 2016 at 4:06 pm

If you have not read the story, you are missing. Quickly check moskedapages.com for this and more stories. Sally is surely going to get you hooked to her.

10. Sandra

August 17, 2016 at 4:10 pm

I will put my money any day on anything Sally writes. shez got more than talent, shez blessed. If you haven’t read this book, ur on a long thing…. if uv never visited her blog on moskedapages.com, ur on the longest thing.

11. Fadeyibi Oluwatobi

August 17, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Sally is THE MVP. very talented, humble and disciplined. Love, love, love her.

12. titi

August 17, 2016 at 4:19 pm

i have followed Sally’s work closely for a while now and this is what I have to say: she is damn good and unpredictable. her stories always have a dark side that brings a twist to everything she writes. i read novocanine night, its another Saturday, the fourth finger, boys with toys, the fish brain clan and a host of others. Keep writing Sally and i promise to buy all your published work. You are an amazing writer

13. DAME

August 17, 2016 at 4:24 pm

SALLY IS THE TRUTH ANYDAY ANYTIME
    FROM “ITS ANOTHER SATURDAY” TO “NOVACAINE KNIGHTS” TO EVERY SINGLE STORY WRITTEN, SALLY NEVER FAILS ME
    SHE NEVER DOES

14. Koffie

August 17, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Finally, my Sally is here, lol. I have been a reader of Sally’s blog moskedapages.com since 2012 and she’s really good. I feel that Sally doesn’t have the hype she deserves yet but I’m yet to read from a Nigerian fictional blogger/author who’s as good as she is. My favourite of her works might actually be the Fish Brain Clan (and all the other books with the same characters…). Sha it’s been long I last read from her in between exams every diet but I’ll run along and finish all the stories I missed.
    And Sally, if you get to read this, this ya picture is popping.

15. CHIKA

August 17, 2016 at 4:51 pm

SALLY IS GOOD!!!!

16. sekinat

August 17, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Yeah. Aunty sally has always been,d best writer of our time. Followed the story on her blog and i can categorically say that she touch issues that are nt been discussed openly. She shed more light on marriages tins we can’t imagine happening. I appreciate u ma. Kudos to u. Will b buying the book soonest

17. errrmmmm

August 17, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Who are all these people?

• Sultana

August 17, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Thanks oh! Awon Sally is an angel crew. Okay oh we wee go and read it. Eshe

• olamicome

August 18, 2016 at 2:32 pm

18. favouriteshades

August 17, 2016 at 5:17 pm

What can I say? Sally’s TFF was worth my while in terms of money,energy and time.

What I especially love about Sally’s books isn’t just the good storyline(I mean any writer can have that) but how she entrenches the values that hold the very fabric of our society together.In TFF particularly, I saw friendship,family,diligence,forgiveness,tolerance and the the likes. And oh,she manages to pinpoint the prevalence of Love without been cheesy about it.

Seriously,if you haven’t read The fourth finger,what are you waiting for?For when elephants will start flying? Lol.

Anyways,You can buy and freely read more of Sally enchanting stories on her page @www.moskedapages.com

And Sally, you rock as always

19. Tanti

August 17, 2016 at 7:16 pm

I read all from 1- 21
    Can’t purchase the rest
    Can someone be kind and lend me the book
    Pls I need the book
    [email protected]
    Thanks

• Gerald

August 18, 2016 at 6:22 am

Sally, send her a copy, I’ll pay. Tanti, you can ensure that she sees this.

• Sally Dadzie

August 18, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Please check your inbox.

• Gerald

August 21, 2016 at 5:19 am

Yaaaay!!!

20. Karo

August 17, 2016 at 7:42 pm

I’m not done with the story yet. But I can’t wait to finish it.

21. Funmi Adebayo

August 17, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I’m buying my copy immediately.

22. Glowing Kosnie

August 17, 2016 at 8:54 pm

The Fourth finger is simply the ‘Bomb’ I couldn’t keep my phone down until I finished the story…I have been following MoskedaPages for more than two years now and all the stories on this blog has been a hit back to back. Sally is simply an Amazing writer who captures her readers interest with vivid descriptions and illustrations. She is the BEST and I would recommend MoskedaPages to anyone who enjoys reading

23. FSF

August 17, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Bella Naija for the first time and its all because of Sally,THe Fourth finger is a mean book and Sally is a slayer and yes the review did justice to it and yes it needs to make it to the big screen

OkadaBooks

August 19, 2016 at 11:57 pm

We hope it does make it to the big screen!

24. Steven

August 17, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Sally is always Sally, gifted in her own way, when reading any of her write-up on moskedapages.com (from Novocaineknights, memoirs, to immortal code- a lot, you will always get fixated) ( always make me feel am in another world. And also she makes the Nigerian society bare( I mean revealing a lot of hidden stuffs about the society). Big ups Sally Kenneth dadzie

25. Dami

August 17, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Sally is a great writer anyday. I’ve read all her books n she always make my weekends. Kudos babe!!!

26. MrsA

August 17, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Sally is an awesome writer,I always look out for her stories. Sally “fourth finger” kept me wanting for more, i go to her blog every Saturday waiting for a new post and just couldn’t wait for the Ebook to be released. If you have not read the fourth finger please do so and also head to her blog moskedapages.com for more interesting read.

27. 'Bimbola-Rikitava

August 17, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Sally is the truth….Do yourselves a favour, download the book and then head to her website – http://www.moskedapages.com for some more juicy write ups. Don’t just take out word for it. Go find out for urself. Up Sally! Sally for president!!!

28. neymar

August 17, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Sally is a wonderful writer and she really did justice to d 4th finger. Up sally , thumbs up

29. tee

August 17, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Sally is da bomb ai… my very best writer walahi.. If you love stories… get on her blog .. moskedapages.com every saturday.. promise you wont regret it.
    For the new people .. start from * to tame a virgin.. N.K…. boys with toys.. endless wonderful stories i can assure you… and all of them unique. I wld love to crawl into Sallys head for a bit with a bowl of popcorn.. hahha. Love u sally.. hugs
    NB: she is the real deal and does a lot of research for all she writes.. we have learnt so many new things just from reading her work.

30. Gerald

August 18, 2016 at 6:24 am

Sally, I told you that you’ll go places. You’ve not even started. Soon, New York Times will profile you. Huffington Post to come next. I love how she shows passion in her works. With any of her books, you can’t drop the book, until you’re through with it.

31. Tosin

August 18, 2016 at 6:29 am

Lovely review. Yes! Sally is an incredible writer.

32. Onuh

August 18, 2016 at 6:59 am

Keep up the splendid work, Sally!

P.s. The reviewer is a ‘coke addict’? Some things just come out wrong.

OkadaBooks

August 19, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Ah nice catch…we would clarify that she is a “Coca-Cola” addict we don’t want NDLEA to come and harrass her =D

33. Quincy

August 18, 2016 at 10:19 am

Sally!!!!!! I’m so happy for you and im certainly going to download this book. This is amazing!

34. Toyeen

August 18, 2016 at 10:22 am

Sally is definitely the best we have in Nigeria….”yesiloveher”. Her books are witty, intriguing, suspense filled and worth my time. moskedapages.com

35. Jay

August 18, 2016 at 11:18 am

I totally agree with this review.
    Sally is the definition of a great writer. I first read her “To Tame a Virgin” and i was held spellbound. For every chapter, it felt like i was in their midst. All her subsequent books i read after that one are like that. Her characters are always real. you can just relate to one or two characters.
    The fourth finger is my new fav, i can relate to the story line and my fav character is #Tondre, i just love those two. I cant wait to finish the book.
    Kudos Sally!

36. Fadeyibi Oluwatobi

August 18, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Talent will take you where only character can keep you. Sally is the TOTAL PACKAGE. Her books are soooo captivating that they can determine my mood for the whole day. Super Talented, humble, versatile, disciplined, sensitive, the list is endless. If you have not visited her blog moskedapages.com then Yes, you have been living under a rock. Well, it is not too late. Go and join the Trybe Nowwwwwwww. Thank US later.

37. Tosin

August 18, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Every penny was worth it, i bought fourth finger and devoured it in a swoop. It is the best.
    I have followed moskedapages.com since Novocaine Nights, Boys with Toys and Its another Saturday. Every single one of the stories is a hit back to back. Sally never fails to deliver. I hope her stories will hit the screens soon. If you are not following her blog, your are missing.

38. olamicome

August 18, 2016 at 2:36 pm

@ sultana I promise you won’t be disappointed.every story was a hit from fish brain to novocaine and it is another saturday.sally is really good!!!!

39. Exotique

August 18, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I have paid for the book. I cant find a way to download it though. help please….

40. Tosin

August 18, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Sally is literally amazing. I’m a huge fan of her blog. The fourth finger is just one of many. She’s amazing!!!!!

41. LeMubs

August 18, 2016 at 7:04 pm

The Forth Finger is just one of the best fictions I’ve read…
    From immortals Code to Its another novo’ Saturday back to back…..its a super HIT!!!

42. jecinta

August 18, 2016 at 8:34 pm

I really need to read this book…… but it ain’t coming ?

43. Bukky

August 18, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Mrs Sally is good writer when it comes to good stories as i always say dat i blessed d day i discovered her blog, thou hav nt finished reading d book but i knw it will be wao! wao! after reading. All her stories from tame a virgin, fish brain, another Saturday, little black book they are all amazing. She is talented an i know she is going somewhere.

44. loolah

August 19, 2016 at 11:05 am

The fourth finger is an amazing book that i couldnt stop reading from the moment i started the first page and even after finishing it, i had to re-read and i must say Sally is talented and a damn good writer.

45. Modupe

August 19, 2016 at 12:10 pm

When I say Sally is more than the bomb, people are just beginning to see what I mean, an unapologetic fan of over 4 years, am I proud of her , her works and especially this “the fourth finger”?, O mine, am damn proud. Go our Sally,

46. Amina

August 19, 2016 at 12:53 pm

You all need to read the fish bone series to appreciate Sally more, she’s the total package…..and the reason people are commenting is not just because she’s a great writer but she also has an admirable personality. Sally is confident yet down to earth.

47. Herbehbih

August 19, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Pls check your mail box

48. Funmilola Adekola

August 19, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Sally is Hawt! She’s an amazing writer, the way she weaves in and out of her stories never cease to amaze me. Thumbs up Sally! You go girl!

49. Ifeanyi Onochie

August 20, 2016 at 1:49 am

I love Sally’s writing. Like the review said, her books are encompassing of what’s prevalent in Nigerian society. From start to finish, I’ll bet you can’t put down the book. Wonderful character-building, credible plot, masterful subplots, smooth reading.

50. anita

August 21, 2016 at 12:33 am

well sally like i always say ur books gives me d kicks like one addicted to drugs, i sniff on every word until i am high, dats d way i feel wit d 4th finger. u neva cease to amaze me wit ur depth of construction of acts, characters nd scenes. well done. l usually read each of ur books like 4times b4 i am satisfied.

51. Mazi

August 21, 2016 at 5:26 am

Sally has started a movement. Must be called “The Sallyistas”. Her literary works are joys to behold. We may all have to thank God for giving us Sally in our lifetime. She writes effortlessly and you’ll have nothing else to do, but to imagine the scenes. My weekends aren’t complete without reading your stories. The Fourth Finger will make you to have more than a favourite character. Most conventional stories usually gives one, just a (1) favourite character. TFF has many therein. For me, I loved Tonia, Christie, Fabrice & Izu.

52. ralph olamilekan

August 21, 2016 at 2:54 pm

what more can be said Sally z gooood damn Good,Modupe Olabenjo unknowingly lured me to maskedapages sometime ago,buh it seems a long time now n since Sally has never dissapointed bt rather keeps wowing us from To Tame A Virgin(my favourite of all)to No Heart Feelings,amongst other short mindblowing short stories like”””In A Hopeless Place,Gord she is a Literary Beast.even as m yet to finish The Fourth Finger(sighs) i know she deserves this raving review n so much more
    ….

53. sarah

August 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Sally is a great writer and I love how she makes her stories soo real you can literally put yourself in the shoes of her characters. I love her themes of love, family, friendship and faith. I stumbled on moskeda pages and i haven’t regretted liking the page one bit. It’s paradise on earth for a book freak like me and truth be told, sally has never failed to deliver. I have on several occasions been up for 18 hours or more reading the stories she so intricately weaves and I am also proud to say I have gotten my cousins hooked on moskeda pages and sally’s stories?. I don’t hesistate to purcahse her completed books on okadabooks because i know i will get extra value for my money.You deserve all the praise you get sally and more. May your ink never run dry!

54. consyspark

August 21, 2016 at 10:50 pm

okay i came late to the party. the fourth finger is one story everyone can read and enjoyed. i had to bully two of my friends to buy the book on okadabooks and they still owe me jollof rice as appreciation.
    i love sally and i wish her well in all she does

55. Ojay

September 7, 2016 at 11:54 am

Sally’s the best. One of the very few African writers I follow. Keep up the good work girl!! We’re rooting for you

56. Okechukwu Ofili

September 28, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Super star Sally!

57. lilian

October 21, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Reading sallys books always puts a large smile on my face because boredom is not an option. Like she can sha write though

58. HAMZAT MAMUDU

October 6, 2018 at 10:58 pm

I was going through Okada books when I found the link to this article.

Wonderful job!