BN TV

William & Tracy Discuss the Co-Habitation Test Run Before Couples Say “I Do” | Watch

For some, the notion of living together with a partner before marriage is a terrible idea. I mean, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Not that women are cows or produce milk when not pregnant (I know, I know).

This is also a good time to point out that times have changed and cohabitation these days isn’t always a woman moving to a man’s place. Split accommodation is now a thing; and while I am yet to meet one, I am sure there is a man somewhere getting roofed by the sweetest girlfriend that ever liveth.

For some, this idea is detrimental because it exposes too much too soon. Personally, I think it should be mandatory instead of letting people walk into domestic situations they can’t handle. You could get on very well with someone but can’t as much as live a month in their constant company without feeling the urge to throw them out the window. Also, abusive behaviour is easier to spot when in constant proximity, because it is when we are likely to irritate people the most to measure just how far they can stomach before they turn green.

In the video below Tracy and I have tried to look at both sides of the story and hopefully your comments will help us get a clearer picture.

So what do you think; yay or nay to cohabitation?

William Ifeanyi Moore is an MPharm graduate from the University of Portsmouth, UK. His true passion is in novels and poetry but he cheats on them with movies, plays, and music. He believes sacrifice and compromise is the bedrock of any healthy relationship. His debut novel Lonely Roads is out on 10/12/2015. Blog: www.soulsyrup.space Twitter: @willifmoore Instagram: willifmoore

1. Bodunade

August 10, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Truth. Cohabitation, not a good idea to me but staying with someone few days at a time over a considerable time will definitely lead to exposure of some not-so-good traits, which is a good thing.
    Didn’t watch though.

• Bodunade

August 10, 2016 at 7:33 pm

*considerable period

• Chy

August 11, 2016 at 12:54 am

I wished that I cohabited before I married my husband cos I am tired. Different traits and habit that I can’t deal with. One who cannot even clean after himself, masturbates, smokes , drinks and so on;all the things I didn’t know about him. It’s like l married a stranger, the marriage is just a year old with a kid but I am looking for a way out.

• SISIEKO1

August 11, 2016 at 9:24 am

LOL @Chy. You dont have to cohabit before you see traits like this. Was it long distance or were you just blind to his shortcomings? Iv dated two people in my life and i can tell you to a 60% accuracy who they are and who they are not and i never cohabited with any of them.

• Chy

August 12, 2016 at 6:34 am

It was an across the ocean relationsip, very long distance.

• SISIEKO1

August 15, 2016 at 1:27 pm

awww. Sweets! i dont know what to tell you because i havent ever been in your shoes. But i send you a truck load of love wherever you are. I pray you find peace

2. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

August 10, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Chai…Bros. You too package biko. You are so much into hour self, Jeeezzzzz, I AM FINER THAN YOU!!!!!!. YOU ARE HERE FOR A VLOG AND NOT TO SELL YOUR MARKET. SEEE HAND THROWING UPANDAN, LEGS “K” CROSSED. HAIR ON FLEEK. EYE BROWS PERFECTLY MADE.

BELLANAIJA…I WANT TO HAVE MY VLOG ON BELLANAIJA JOOR. GIVE ME A CHANCE.

NB: AM NOT A HATER BIKO

3. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

August 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm

*your*

4. Rebecca Abisola Alabi

August 10, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Ok

5. Baby gurl

August 10, 2016 at 8:37 pm

To answer the question from my Christian point of view, NO it is not. What is the point? No matter how long you stay with one before marriage there is always a noticeable difference with your partner. Always. I ain’t here to preach tho do what rocks your yacht.

• James Bay

August 11, 2016 at 4:06 am

The idea of cohabiting is not to discover your proposed better half a 100% but to experience living together.

Like my uncle will say, Marriage Na Night Market, Na until Morning before you realise wetn you buy.

We could be very different characters, what happens when we find out we can’t live together after marriage?

Husbands start to chase small girls around or marry second and third wife until he finds what he is looking for.

If you can live together temporarily, if you can’t? The Lord be with you. Some people didn’t cohabate but have been married 60years

6. Great Lady

August 10, 2016 at 8:56 pm

NAY to cohabitation. There’s just no reasonable reason to cohabit with someone who isn’t your spouse. The truth is as long as you’re living with someone, there will be times when you really feel like throwing them out the window even your spouse no matter how much you love that person. Why, because we all are different, we come from different backgrounds and have different approach to life.
    Marriage is God’s idea, but man is always thinking of ways to figure it out without his help. NO ONE is a saint, so don’t expect to marry someone without weaknesses.
    If we do marriage/relationships the way God ordained, we wouldn’t fall into errors and there will be no need for all this testing.
    Come to think of it, hoe many test runs would you do? How many men/women would you sleep with, live with before you finally meet the one? Are you made for an experiment or a chemistry practical, abeg let’s start valuing ourselves.
    Memoirsofagreatlady.com

• missy

August 11, 2016 at 10:02 am

Cohabitation does not mean sleeping together or having sex, close proximity brings out those characters that would not ve been seen if courting from a distance because you believe the bible says this or that. I ve not found where the bible says no cohabitation , it says no sex before marriage so pls stop this christian/bible quoting when you re not sure. Imagine a guy who smokes , masterbates and drinks no matter how hard he tries to hide such acts if a lady is observant enough, she ll find traces of such and that can save a lifetime of agony and heaartbreak

7. Solomon Akinboyewa Olawale

August 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm

That’s alright

8. Damseldami

August 10, 2016 at 11:43 pm

The truth is no matter how long you cohabitate once you get married surprises will keep turning up to the point where you will wonder if it was the same man u were living with before marriage. Everything is prayer o.

9. SISIEKO1

August 11, 2016 at 9:27 am

Me i cannot cohabit because i dont want to feel married before i am actually married. Nights over? yes. Weekend together in a relaxation spot? yes but no cohabiting pls. Plus I plan to stay celibate till after the wedding sef and i very much value my space so let me enjoy it while i can.

10. BOBOEKO1

August 11, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Cohabit from now till eternity, they’ll keep pretending!
    We live in a “try before you buy” world, a world where we can somehow get the result without going through the process. When you decide to stop having sex when in relationship, you’ll be able to clearly see the negative attributes you weren’t seeing before when you gave in to sex to wanna keep/satisfy them. Some of you are in relationships that you shouldn’t be in but the sex gives you a false sense of intimacy and connection that wouldn’t be there if you weren’t having sex. People think we follow rules but, nah! can’t afford the struggle of dealing with random soul ties with multiple women. Almost 26, male, still saving it all, + my first kiss. Future wife will be blessed! Keeping it God’s standards.

11. Tosin

August 12, 2016 at 1:26 am

plenty echo echo echo, please fix.

12. "changing moniker"

August 12, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Hey BN, please how do i send my vlog to you for a feature??