BN TV

What makes a ‘Classic Man’? Jidenna talks about His Love for Ankara, says why Burna Boy Should Break Out Internationally & More – WATCH

BN TV

Jidenna Interview Wazobia TVLong Live the Chief! In this interview Jidenna had with Wazobia TV talks about a lot of things from his fashion to his favourite Nigerian musicians and what makes a Classic Man.

A few tidbits –

• Did you know his middle name is Theodore?
  • His love for his father influences his fashion – that’s why he infuses Nigerian prints and fabrics
  • He loves the Nigerian music industry and he says it’s now the best it’s ever been
  • His favourite old school artistes are highlife artists like Celestine Ukwu, Sunny Ade
  • He said he thinks Burna Boy is underrated – he wants him to crossover
  • When she asked him to sing … he asked ‘are you paying me?’ ???
  • What defines a classic man for Jidenna? Find out … *it’s not fashion*

Watch!

1. Chuks

September 6, 2016 at 2:23 am

I hope Jidenna is enjoying nigeria

2. Tosin

September 6, 2016 at 7:04 am

He looks like a Theodore. He also looks like a Jidenna. He’s had fun, time to move, and time to throw away some contacts because energy can be good or toxic.

Humming “theodore, emily, … and the harbormaster too” from Theodore the Tugboat. I have no right to remember that! from the 80s.

3. Tosin

September 6, 2016 at 7:19 am

Fantastic interview, Jidenna just dey on-point like full-stop.

4. Atreides

September 6, 2016 at 8:49 am

Thought he had gone back.

5. Nene

September 6, 2016 at 9:44 am

I could detect some Nigerian accent there

6. chika

September 6, 2016 at 11:14 am

Great interview by Uvbi whoop whoop

7. God's Gold

September 6, 2016 at 1:18 pm

uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=youtube+celestine+ukwu#id=1&vid=ac179383de0e71c20962e3eb0eea6532&action=click

This song my dad would play when I was a child. And listening to it brings tears to my face. Thanks for taking me back. I grew up in the UK.

• Tosin

September 7, 2016 at 10:37 am

to be honest, i don’t know Celestine Ukwu, but I’ma start the research, could be those songs we knew from Naija radio but didn’t recognize the musicians…
      Thanks.

• Tosin

September 8, 2016 at 4:17 am

aha, the sounds are of course familiar, and this one Ije Enu is the same melody as ‘Holy Water’ – Yoruba people sha

8. Sherlie Holmes

September 6, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I like the guy sha…proper Igbo boy “are you paying me??” Lol

I didn’t quite follow his analysis on kidnapping mitigation though. How would increasing the infrastructure and tourism prevent or reduce the kidnappings? A bit lost on that one Jidenna…

• sika

September 7, 2016 at 2:53 am

it will create more jobs…which means less jobless people hanging around looking for money and kidnapping.

9. nene+

September 6, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Classic interview infused with Naija sense. Jidenna your dad influenced you a great deal. You mentioned Ireland and Germany you mum ancestors, I must say women from these places from personal experience, are usually at home with Africans not those crazies who think we live under trees.

Weldone Jidenna. Let me just listen to this Burna boy.

10. CUTTRED MEATLOAF!!

September 6, 2016 at 6:22 pm

The part where i think he killed it for me was when he said Burna Boy is underrated….Thats for sure,only those that know music would tell you the truth…MTV take note!!!