BN TV

Why does Society taunt Women that are Single and Over 30? WATCH a New Episode of “Heart of the Matter”

When you are single and over thirty; female and especially Nigerian, society taunts you with one question – when will you marry?

In this new episode of “Heart Of The Matter”, Omilola Oshikoya sits in a chat with Lape Soetan, Author and Love Coach, as she talks us through life as a single woman in one of Africa’s most diversely cultural environment – Lagos.

Watch below.

1. person

September 25, 2016 at 7:12 pm

I didnt understand what people were saying before about this foolish pop up ad until i experienced it today. That’s it BN. Im out of this site until u listen to ur readers and take this crap off your site. Rubbish.

2. tosin

September 25, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Yes o . Dis yeye pop up is soooo vexing

3. Sky Blue

September 25, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Nice interview… I really like the interviewee.

4. Beard gang

September 25, 2016 at 8:04 pm

bellanaija, this rubbish advert is taking up so much screen space and why is the close (x) icon not working? i thought the bn team held us readers with so much value? complains have been made but you guys have adamantly refused to do something about it …its okay..lol…see now @person is out of THIS site. i like the green blazer sha…lol..(the ad girl)

• Mr. Egghead

September 25, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Bella does not hold us to any kain value. O na-achu ego
      Comments don’t pay the bills; coins do.

If a company pays BN to advertise orange dildos for transgender people on the middle of the homepage; you will damned well see orange dildos every time you open this page.

Ushay gats catch up with her crush, Mark.

• marlvina

September 25, 2016 at 9:11 pm

LOL! That imagery of orange dildo’s. I won’t even think twice to visit the blog again. I’l be gone!

• Baby gurl

September 25, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Mr Egghead the superstar commenter loool! I’m on the floor!! No one’s even talking about the topic at hand lol. #Buhbye ✋

5. Josephine

September 25, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I take it that Omilola has changed or maybe she has forgotten some comments she made.

6. MamaD

September 25, 2016 at 11:54 pm

The only thing I noticed BN did is that it reduced the size of the lady but I still dislike the ad taking up a good space on my screen arrrgh.

7. Olivia

September 26, 2016 at 12:35 am

It is people who allow the ”pressure” to get to them. I’m 33 and I live in Lagos and I face no sort of pressure. I have no husband or kid, don’t plan on ever having. I leave my home in the morning to work, come back in the evenings, work on some other projects and businesses I’m involved with, take care of my beautiful dogs and sleep. The last time anybody said anything to me about marriage was 4 years ago,

I actually find the pressure from blogs or preachers’ sermons which are usually targeted at the already married who need to strive to ”keep” their homes(whatever that means). I have a few unmarried friends both younger and older than I am and none of us ever talk about marriage or the lack of it. I don’t know, maybe I have a different cycle of friends or a different social cycle all together. I also don’t go for weddings or whatever union ceremonies people hold these days, so I don’t get asked weird questions I read people complain about.

One thing I have noticed since residing in Nigeria is this, Nigerians would only upset you if you give them the time of day.and indulge them in participating in your personal life. I personally think 30 is still quite young. I also assume that anybody who wants to get married would do so without having to be reminded, I mean we are all adult right?

8. Random

September 26, 2016 at 12:46 am

People should stop glamorizing non issues. Happiness is exclusive of status. It is not a tragedy unless you make it one. A tragedy is becoming a refugee or having terminal illness. Being single at 30 is not a tragedy. It is people that make it an issue and push young people into life crushing relationships and unhappy marriages. We should give each other a break and get productive and touch lives positively.

9. sheke

September 26, 2016 at 9:38 am

Omilola, you’ve been on this gig for a while, by now you should have mastered the art of hosting a talk show. There was no direction dear. the Interview was all over the place and painful to watch

• Omilola Oshikoya

October 13, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m actually working on improving my presentation and hosting skills, so feedback like this is confirmation. I really appreciate it. God bless you.