BN TV

Should girls also do “The Chase”? Watch Toke Makinwa talk about Switching Things Up in her New VLog

Toke Makinwa is out with a new episode of her vlog “Toke Moments”.

In this episode she talks about the rules of dating and how guys have to be the ones to do the “chasing” but how it is sometimes necessary to switch things up.

Watch below.

1. ....

October 13, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Ughhh, I couldn’t watch past 30 seconds because this her 3 in 1 accent is a huge turn off. The quack English accent mixed with Lagosian accent mixed with I dey pose accent is too much. Please if you are brave enough to watch the whole thing, kindly summarize the noise for me lol. Based on the topic sha, I’ll say do whatever works for you. This life we dey live no get formula so the thing wey work for person A might not work for person B.

• Observer

October 13, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Her accent wasnt that bad actually. After the first 1 minute it became more normal and bearable. Pele! But it was an vlog, I enjoyed watching it.

• Observer

October 13, 2016 at 4:44 pm

*enjoyable

2. iyke

October 13, 2016 at 4:48 pm

There’s nothing wrong in a woman asking a man out – as a matter of fact, women have always been doing that subconsciously. It doesn’t mean that you have to straight up go to him and ask him out ….Nahhh..You should know the cues.
    Ladies, if you are single and wish to meet eligible men or ask men out without asking them out directly, then pay attention to the colors you wear. Incorporate a little crimson, burgundy, cardinal, rose, and wine color into your wardrobe. Make use of the color of love and get the romance you desire. Not only will it make others, (Men especially) perceive you as better looking and higher status, but it will also make them want to get to know you, be close, and get passionate.
    So, the next time you go out to find a mate, or want a man to ask you out or get ready for a special date, think about wearing some red. You will create that chemistry, feel better about yourself, and have a more loving experience.
    Don’t you know that women wearing red are more sought-after and seen as more attractive too? The color red triggers a basic, primal response in humans as a signal of sexuality and fertility and as such when a man sees a woman in red, he is immediately and unconsciously influenced by the color to find her more attractive.
    So have you seen how you have asked him out without asking him out directly?
    His ability to (DELIVER HIS MANIFESTO) prove that he is worth taking off your pants for, is what will determine if you will go all the way with him.

• Ewo

October 13, 2016 at 5:30 pm

With this piece of advice, you have literally painted the town red. Lagos women will soon overdose on red everything including red weave lol

• Baby gurl

October 13, 2016 at 5:48 pm

LMFAO I can’t believe this comment iyke! Is this really a thing? My chest. Lol. Color psychologist. I guess I have some more shopping to do lol

• Iyke

October 13, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Ever wondered why red lipstick is more popular as opposee to other colours? Now you know.
      Try this simple experiment…Be a lady in red for a day and count how many men that will hit on you.

3. looters

October 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Funny thing is I met the love of my life through a hookup years ago. It was his birthday and a mutual friend of ours put up his picture as his dp. When I saw it I was like dayum this guy is hot, who is he and I’d like to get to know him lol. The mutual friend told the guy and I was invited to his birthday get-together the following day. I didn’t feel anything the first time I met him but after about 2 weeks, we started really talking and we became inseparable; we were completely in love. We did plan on getting married but there was an obstacle that we just couldn’t seem to cross, sadly. We aren’t together anymore but I thank God for that relationship because it really was a beautiful one.

4. Lucinda

October 13, 2016 at 5:59 pm

I feel like if you CONTINIOUSLY chase a guy you will need to keep up. You will find yourself making the first move on every other thing in the relationship and it is exhausting. You will be the one to ask the “what are we” question, etc. Most times when we women do the chasing there’s too much infatuation and irrational feelings involved. If you want to chase a man you have to plan rationally and this is not about playing games. You should approach him with the mindset that you’ll be fine if you get rejected. It is important you look at his exes and know if this guy will find you physically appealing. Also, look at what you can gain from him apart from a relationship. More like networking.
    I approached a fine colleague and even got his number. He is FINE. Dated a former miss Nigeria. I’m not bad looking too. I just realised that I’m not what his spec physically. He has tried to deny but I know. Besides this we have other strong incompatibility issues. He has done the official toasting and even asked for marriage twice. The funny thing is that we have never been intimate. He doesn’t even know where I live. We’re still friends tho. He helped me get my present job and he’s just good with linking me up with people who are helpful. I did not do desperado or proud things. I was just myself and I knew when to hold back.
    So the answer is that you can do the chasing without losing your self respect and it might work, only if you are what he is looking for and you’re compatible in other areas.

• Anon today o

October 13, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Hmn, l tend to agree with you somewhat. I have done the straight up l like you thingie after subtle flirting. Dude is foine, does not womanise and a gentleman but, him get glaring short coming. Dude just kept taking and taking. So tay l took him on two holidays – all expenses paid. . I just got tired of his not giving back. My love language is giving but, dude is stingy or does not know how to treat a woman. Even when we took taxi’s he just stood by and watched me pay. When we went out to dinner/dates, dude just watched me pay. I cut my losses and moved on. We still talk shaa. But l am not so stupid as not to know when to walk and walk l did.

5. Byn

October 13, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Beautiful lady!

6. TINUADE

October 13, 2016 at 6:33 pm

TOKE TI PA MI OOO….. ROTFLMFAO!!

TOKE JUST MAKE EYE CONTACT OJARE. LOCK EYES WITH HIM FOR AN EMBARRASSINGLY LONG TIME, HE WILL GET THE DRIFT AND ASK YOU OUT.

AND IF HE THINKS ITS SPOOKY? THEN OYO LOWA TOKE.

LOL

7. tosin

October 13, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Is it just me or she her vlog is based on her current life situations. Just my tot o.

• Cindy

October 13, 2016 at 8:18 pm

And what if it is? Literarily everyone is walking around with a life situation. Difference is she is trying to make light of it.

8. Spunky

October 13, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Lemme analyse this with a small gist. Few years ago a friend hooked me up with this chick. We got talking and I invited her over to share a take out meal. She did show with her beautiful friend in tow( ladies should stop this). Well, we just couldn’t click plus her nasty attitude was so glaring and stunk all over. Her friend must have had pity on me (or some other emotion) because we kept stealing glances. We exchanged phone numbers the slightest chance we had and she called the next day apologizing for her friends attitude. I took it from there and told her the only way to make up for her friend’s disaster was if she could go on a proper date with me and you know the rest…hoping to pop the big ????? No time Ooo! Most of us are ready but confused. But while at it, use your basic instinct to hunt on the right field. Don’t go chasing or showing green light in a dingy bar with some cute-random-money spoilt- brat and expect a happy ever after…except of course you wan do one night.
    P.s. excuse the typo

9. Larry

October 14, 2016 at 2:59 am

Girls been doing this for a long time already,the thing is the smart ones go with the subtle signs so they don’t appear despirate. Signs like lock eyes, laugh at jokes, start an actually interesting conversation and then compliment him from time to time and so on. I am personally of the opinion that when a girl has a crush on me, which happens quite often, she should first of all get my attention through any of the methods she knows how to use the best and if I still don’t ask you out after obviously noticing that you are into me, I suggest you just let it go or the best you will get is a one night stand cheers

10. Syon

October 14, 2016 at 3:48 am

I added my boyfriend on Instagram and sent him a DM in March. We’re together now. Lol ? It’s 2016, use your resources to get what you want!

• trudy

October 14, 2016 at 9:18 am

CONGRATS DEAR. I WISH I WAS AS BRAVE AS YOU

11. sol

October 14, 2016 at 8:32 am

toke b looking like a dummy

12. Fifi

October 14, 2016 at 9:24 am

I did the chase and ended up with a baby,the love of my life cant commit so we are happy co-parenting,if i had a chance to have a re-do i wouldnt have chased him and wouldnt have continued the relationship because i loved him more than he loved me

13. Miss Pee

October 15, 2016 at 2:55 pm

My take I just ended a 3months or so relationship now cos I felt he wasn’t ready for a relationship I initiated it. Advantages of a girl asking a guy out, you might be a rebound and if The guy notices you’re into him might exploit you. My take!

14. Davids G.G