BN TV

BN TV: Ubi Franklin & Actress Thelma Ojiji join “Moments” Hosts to talk about Marriage Expectations vs. Reality | Watch

BN TV

ubi-franklinIn a new episode of “Moments”, hosts Toke Makinwa, Michelle Dede and Bolanle Olukanni are joined by actress Thelma Ojiji and TripleMG CEO Ubi Franklin as they talk about the difference between marriage expectations and the reality of things.

Ubi Franklin shares how he couldn’t hold back the tears at his labour room experience and more. He also talks about the fact that most times the delays in getting married are caused by women because a lot of women are simply not ready.

Thelma Ojiji shares tips for balancing work and marriage as she says she does it just fine.

Watch below.

1. wasiu

November 9, 2016 at 3:35 pm

So which one, has his marriage packed up or what? Hearing and reading different things!!!!!

• Sonia Paloma

November 9, 2016 at 3:47 pm

This was taped 3 months ago. You can hear him say “he has been married for 9 months” in this video 🙂

2. Sonia Paloma

November 9, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Ubi, the way you answered that domestic violence question is a big miss bruh. now people are going to read into it in relations to the rumour (which i hope is not true). Awwww he does sound like a really emotional person that loves crazily, too bad in this case it was not reciprocated (if we go by what social media has been dishing us). Lastly, na wetin ubi, you nor even wan allow another person talk on the issue, only you want to give your opinion but i digress, you made some good points tho.

• Sultana

November 9, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Haba madam. In what way was he talking over everyone. In fact he was talked over most times. He’s not very expressive word wise though. And it was truly funny with the friends and cousins ish ?. Chief adviser!

• abby

November 10, 2016 at 12:05 pm

i think you talk too much sonia..

• Sonia Paloma

November 10, 2016 at 5:36 pm

@abby … I use your mouth (or in this case) MB take talk?

3. YMB

November 9, 2016 at 3:50 pm

is this the same ubi with domestic violence problems? He spoke so well and sold the dream of a happy marriage. and bro you seem to have alot of people come to you for marriage advice. hmmm

4. Xoxo

November 9, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Okay this is actually the first time I’m watching Ubi talk and I must say it seems like he finds it hard to express himself. He seems so bleh and unintelligent and it’s only him that has a story of his friend or cousin and what not.. I so don’t agree with most of the things he said. Please fellow human beings irrespective of gender if you’re not going to marry a person especially when you know the other person is thinking marriage please don’t waste their time. End it and save the person a little stress. On a lighter note, Toke’s hair is seriously giving me life and was that a subtle shade from Thelma ??? People date for 10+ years and still end up in a happy marriage. Not my cup of tea tho.

5. Lilian

November 9, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Did you guys notice his response to Domestic violence ?

• Netizen

November 9, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Please someone with enough mb should tell us na

6. Que

November 9, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Poor Ubi ????

7. Marlvina

November 9, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Okay, so this is an old episode right? Cus I would have said with all that’s allegedly going on in his family, he shldnt be out here talking on marriage.

8. Egusi Soup

November 9, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Guys lets all get together and decide to stop watching this nonsense. Bella stop feeding us with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everything on Moments is marriage, why I’m I still single, marriage, why I’m I still single (P.S I not against women who aspire to marry, as long as it’s your choice though) It’s getting out of hand.
    When have they ever sat down to talk about empowering women or the girl child or even talk about child marriage or the things the majority of Nigerian women go through.
    Chimamanda was right, whenever you see a group of women seated together just know they are talking about men.
    For Mo, Toke, Bolanle and the other woman, here are a list of topics you should talk about:
    1.How to start a business in Nigeria
    2.Challenges you’ll face if/when you’ll start a business in Nigeria
    3.Don’t worry if you don’t marry heaven will still open its doors for you
    4.Child marriage the effect it has on our society,
    5.Rape, how to get help and report to the right authorities etc.

Maybe if they talked about topics like this Ubi wouldn’t have given such a useless reply to that question.
    LETS ALL BOYCOT MOMENTS TALK, I DON’T WANT MY DAUTHER GROWING UP THINKING THIS IS ALL WHAT NIGERIAN WOMEN TALK AND THINK ABOUT.

• Le coco

November 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I have to agree.. its tiring.. its different if the show was specially tailored for marital topics.. but this is not how this show was pitched.. when Mo abudu started she barely spoke about such things.. Nd she certainly didn’t beat yt to death.. diapo oni’s show is alright because it’s called ” so you wna et married” so we knw wht to expect. bt in his case it’s annoying..

• There's more to women than just marriage

November 10, 2016 at 3:15 am

I agree. I’m happily married, I love hubby but let’s give marriage topic a break. My single girlfriends always want to talk about marriage but I’m not feeling it. Since I’ve been married, I’ve developed other interests that will take me away from my everyday life. There are so many other things to discuss relating to women. I tell them, please do not rush, take your time to find yourself first, patiently wait for the right one because marriage is work even when you feel like you married your best friend, soulmate let alone when you feel like you don’t know who you married after the wedding.
      I don’t believe in all that forgive and forget, petty sorry because before one can “forgive and forget” there has to be some fundamental understanding. We human beings are so complex, and if we don’t make effort to respect, understand one another it will lead to resentment, misunderstanding and pretense. When we were newlyweds, hubby expected I forget about things easily just because he’s not much of a talker and doesn’t want to appear emotional. In the beginning, I will try to forget but it would eat me up inside. Only for me to find out, he’s just as sensitive as I am, he gets hurt too but chooses to be macho about it. We made a commitment to communicate how we truly feel. It saved us a lot of wahala, unnecessary attitude, argument and has allowed us to forgive each other easily. I can’t keep forgiving and forgeting on something that I don’t like but my hubby keep doing it over and over again or I feel misunderstood, judged vice versa. Communication is IMPORTANT. We are clear on what our final deal breaker is, and it’s been 7 years now. I guess, we haven’t broken the deal breaker.

• Feefee

November 10, 2016 at 3:44 am

You had me at how to start a business in Nigeria. Can you please start a show already, I would totally watch

9. 'Diddie

November 9, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Ubi stroke me as someone level headed. My take home from him is that every day is an examination for the woman from potential husby
    I really hope his marriage is in tact and all the rumours flying around are untrue

10. Billionaire in grace

November 9, 2016 at 8:20 pm

The few times I watched moment I find it so boring

11. o

November 9, 2016 at 8:47 pm

1. Thelma is really pretty
    2. Bolanle, you want blind yourself with that side fringe?
    3. Toke’s hair is bad
    4. Ubi truly loves Lilian and appears emotional. Praying they can work on their issues.
    5. Ubi you know plenty ppl o. There’s always a friend or cousin or nephew coming to you for advice.

• o