BN TV

Cornelia O’Dwyer is Showcasing the Essence of the Modern Day African Woman with her New Talk Show “Chick Chat Live” | Watch Episode 1

BN TV

We loved Cornelia O’Dwyer as the host of NdaniTV’s hit “Real Talk” and now that she’s about to kickstart her very own web show, we are super excited for her.

The talk show, “Chick Chat Live“, was formed with the sole purpose of showcasing the essence of the modern day African woman. The show is full of positive energy as a result of the diversity of the guests and the lively atmosphere generated by their conversations.

The discussions explore the worldview and opinions of diverse types of women with different backgrounds, personalities and age groups. The focus is on the ‘intelligence’ each guest has developed throughout life’s real, mundane and awkward experiences.

Watch episode 1 below.

In the first segment, Cornelia’s co-hosts (Sika Osei, Wonu Okoye and Zed-Eye) and she discusses how to deal with procrastination. Have you ever been slow on the come up and you see someone execute an idea you had ‘in your mind’ right before your eyes? Ideas are a dime a dozen, and they talk about setting attainable goals.

The Chick Chat hot topic of the day is “How Modest Should A Single Woman Be When Visiting Her Newly Married Friends Home” Find out if you suffer from the Mrs Syndrome.

1. EE

January 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Ms O’Dwyer can make the mundane sound so fun. We should get her to talk up our economy, ‘d probably get to 4% off excitement alone.

An underrated essence of the modern-day “African” women, very straight hair.

Would the show showcase the essence of the modern day Nigerian woman if one of us made an honest woman out of the very lovely Sika, ’cause as a staunch patriot I’d be all Katniss Everdeen.

My Igbo heritage demands that I try to get an NYSC waiver, but if y’all hardball, I’d cave easy.

2. Chi Chi

January 24, 2017 at 10:15 pm

I really wanted to enjoy this, but it was difficult with the ladies speaking over one another

Goals/milestones/execution (with personal style) that’s what I got. Please advise your guests to speak one at a time. For example, Dolapo Oni is great at moderating as everyone speaks in turn

Good concept!

• Chi Chi

January 24, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Turns*

3. Engoz

January 24, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I’m always scared when a group of women present a show like the “Modern Day African Woman”. I had the unfortunate luck of watching just one episode of ‘TVC’s your view’ – a panel of Nigerian women on Youtube and I have since never recovered. Hope you ladies would do better. The African woman is not a monolith. It would be great to have speakers who can speak their minds and challenge societal norms with great arguments.

4. nene

January 24, 2017 at 11:46 pm

this is so boring. i preferred her on real talk. i hope she hears truthful feedback and works on it.

5. Lis

January 25, 2017 at 10:54 am

I loved ndani real talk, I love cornelian. .. but I have some observos. …the desk is swallowing them up….. the background lighting is poor… and the decor to. ….. ummm…. well. …. we know cornelian is actively a modern 2oman advocate….

6. Tee

April 24, 2017 at 2:33 pm

This is an intriguing show of women empowerment
    Showing different women from various works of life discussing how they deal with daily issues we all face not just as Nigerian women but as women in general
    Kudos to you Cornelia keep it up