Relationships

Supermodel Miranda Kerr & Snapchat Billionaire Evan Spiegel are Abstaining from Sex until Marriage

BellaNaija.com

Miranda Kerr has revealed she will be waiting till marriage before having sex. She mentioned this during a recent interview.

The 33-year-old model was asked if she plans on having another child.

“Not yet. Not until after we get married. My partner is very traditional,” she told The Times adding that she isn’t using contraception since she is not having sex.

Miranda Kerr and Evan Spiegel, got engaged in July 2016. He is the billionaire co-founder and CEO of Snapchat.

Another celebrity couple that publicly revealed they abstained from sex until marriage was Ciara and Russell Wilson. They are now expecting their first child together.

1. Chynwa

February 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm

And this is news because???

• Hanee

February 12, 2017 at 2:41 pm

He’s a billionaire and she’s a celebrity ?

2. Charm

February 12, 2017 at 2:35 pm

…because who abstains from sex before marriage these days?

3. Mondela

February 12, 2017 at 2:38 pm

And so what?…Who cares…I wonder why people feel the need to make such things public, It should be btw u and ur partner..PRIVATE!!!!

• Anne

February 12, 2017 at 3:17 pm

why shouldn’t they. If they made a sex tape public, you will be celebrating. Too much perverseness. Therefore let us celebrate what is right. They are abstaining till marriage which is good and should be celebrated.

4. Lydia

February 12, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Shut up there! Who has ever celebrated a sex tape??? Who? Even Kim has reiterated time and time again that the sex tape is her biggest regret. What is right Please? Would abstinence sustain their marriage? What should be celebrated exactly and why? If they like they can abstain in or before marriage, if there is no love or trust and essential relationship survival kit,their relationship would FAIL!!!!! The commenter above your comment is right, “who cares?” Go and ask the average “abstainer” from sex before marriage how much different their marriage/relationship from those who were getting it on in their relationships. Ask them if their marriage is less permeable to the realities of life. Please don’t even bring bible in here if you are planning except you follow EVERY SINGLE rule and law whether its misorginist,harmful or otherwise.Abstinence ko abseentism ni. Even Mariah and Nick abstained. shioor!

• DD

February 12, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Why are you so angry and pained about the personal choices of others?? Live and let live, my sister.

• Ope

February 13, 2017 at 11:38 am

@lydia how can you be this angry and bitter? Na man go put you for house so. I pity the man

5. keke driver

February 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I don’t agree o, you gotta test that sh*t before walking down the aisle…… For example, does “it” work, if “it” does , how well, how long can “it” last and so on…you don’t wanna be stuck with bad s3x for the rest of your life….Mba

6. Yy

February 12, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Me and my ex husband didn’t have sex till our wedding night,that was my biggest regret in life,his prick was so small like a child own and worst part he didn’t like sex at all,would only sleep with me when I’m on my period,sick man..Marriage didn’t last 2 years, ran for my dear life.small willy no help me ohhg

• Mrs Okonla

February 12, 2017 at 9:51 pm

@Yy….
      You left a man because of small prick? Not infidelity. Are you really this way. Can you manufacture prick. And you will be in church claiming virtuous wife. While sex and manhood size is your reason for marriage.What if your son turns out with smaller prick. You will now want him to be happily married to the best woman abi. Ok, the future will meet you in front and remind you.

• Nuna

February 13, 2017 at 8:32 am

did you see the other part where she said he would only sleep with her during her period??

• MR IGBO

February 13, 2017 at 12:00 am

it is strange that you didnt see his prick until you wedding nght. yall didnt shower together? didnt give him a hand job etc? STRANGE

7. Nneka

February 12, 2017 at 5:43 pm

And all these chewing gum Nigerian men that can’t afford a decent life will want to sleep with you on first date.

• LemmeRant

February 12, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Please read the two comments above you

Y’all have to really decide on what you want

8. EE

February 12, 2017 at 5:50 pm

If Russel Wilson is anything to go by, I’m sure they’ll make up for lost time.

9. Fabulous

February 12, 2017 at 6:45 pm

This is the type of news that should make headlines. God bless you guys. Abstaining until marriage is how baba God intended it.

10. Lailatu

February 12, 2017 at 8:02 pm

More couples are abstaining from pre-marital sex, I’m impressed.

11. Looli

February 12, 2017 at 9:45 pm

This is the new world order, exactly how God planned it. Am almost positive that if all of us disengage from marital sex , we would likely have more meaningful and lasting relationships., am walking down this path, tires of sharing my body, am making it a temple of God again. God help us all.

12. Life

February 13, 2017 at 12:29 am

Life is really unfair sometimes. Virgins are praying and fasting to find a good man, meanwhile, women who’ve been round the block and had at least one Kid (Ciara, Miranda) are cornering the good men. Hmm..

• Bukunmi

February 13, 2017 at 1:34 am

what makes him a good man? That he does not want to have sex before marriage is what makes him a good man to you. What do you mean ”women who have been round the block and had at least one kid”? So having sex and having a kid is being round the block? lol. According to you, sexual urges is directly proportional to the goodness of one’s heart? And what makes virgins deserving of good men? That you decided not to have sex before or until God knows whatever event happens in your life or timeline in your life makes you have a heart of goodness?

I noticed this thinking is very prevalent in Nigeria since I got back and it fascinates me quite alright. How is it that you are in a relationship, you and your partner want to have sex, and you don’t have sex because you are waiting for marriage which you are not sure of still. If this is how you judge how fair or unfair life is then I life would constantly be unfair to you @life because a person’s goodness does not depend on them satisfying their sexual urges. I also do not know how marriage makes having sex anything special or not special.I am really curious and I wish somebody would answer me logically. The end of a relationship is a break up and the end of a marriage is divorce, both can equally end so I do not understand the special thing about marriage except having a say in what happens to your spouse in any unfortunate event. Your comment about unfairness just riled me up mehn!

Just to clarify. if you don’t want to have sex don’t! What gets me is your premise that those having sex should deserve something less. As someone who has chose not married and adopt kids but still sexually active, I don’t deserve a good man because I am having sex with my partner as per your thinking.Whether you are a virgin or not, you are not a good person for thinking that somebody else should suffer because they made a personal choice that does not harm you.

13. Diamond

February 13, 2017 at 11:02 am

Only sleep with when on your period? Disgusting! Is he a ritualist?

• beta callencunt

February 14, 2017 at 12:29 am

This comment made my day hahahahaha.

Period sex can be amazing though. Don’t knock it until you have tried it.

14. tunmi

February 14, 2017 at 12:21 am

Um… Well, best of luck

15. Temi

February 15, 2017 at 7:40 am

Compared to many Nigerian Girls and women who WILL JUST OPEN LEGS … WITHOUT THE RING.. HAVING SEX HERE AND THERE.. I WAITED UNTIL GETTING MARRIED AND I DON’T REGRET IT.. CLOSE YOUR LEGS UNTIL MARRIAGE.. WOMEN
    ALSO MEN SHOULD ALSO CLOSE THEIR LEGS.. AND HOLD ON TO THEIR BIGGY BIGGY INSTEAD OF HAVING SEX HERE AND THERE

16. Lilys

February 16, 2017 at 11:12 pm

The problem I have with this interview is that she lied;they think this makes people more interested in their pathetic lives. Why do they come up with this rubbish lies after having kids they they really think we care? Ciara lied about the same thing

17. Bolaji Ajayi (NJ)

February 18, 2017 at 3:17 am

You test drive a car before you buy it and you try on clothes before you buy them. Isn’t a wife more important than a car or clothes. Abeg make sure you screw her before you pay her bride price.
    B.A