News

“That is not my husband” – Apostle Suleman’s wife Lizzy Reacts to Alleged Sex Scandal | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

Dr. Lizzy Johnson Suleman, the wife of Apostle Johnson Suleman, the General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM) Worldwide, has reacted to the ongoing scandal involving her husband and one Stephanie Otobo, a Nigerian singer based in Canada.

In a video posted on the church’s Youtube channel, she said that she’s known her husband for 19 years, adding that as a woman, if you are living with a promiscuous man, you’ll know.

She said Suleman is not the kind of man he’s being portrayed to look like in light of recent events.

“That is not my husband,” she said, adding that since they’ve been together, they have never had issues over another woman.

According to Lizzy, the pictures released were photoshopped and are fake.

“The problem with most Nigerians is that they are so gullible,” she said.

Stephanie can release more pictures but that can never “stop the real picture of my husband in my heart,” she said.

She described the scandal as cheap blackmail.

“This is a man who loves to help people. The fact that he has helped somebody, let’s not use that as an advantage,” she said

“We know what is really going on. We are not surprised. From the day my husband said they should stop the killing of Christians, those who are not happy with that statement are doing everything possible… you cannot pull down the Lord’s anointed…. The church is not even the target. My marriage is the target.”

“I will not stop praying, until the judgement of God visits you,” she said, referring to Stephanie.

WATCH:

1. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

March 7, 2017 at 10:55 am

Black woman will do anything possible to protect her horseband…. Kmt

• Rose

March 7, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Why put black into it? Plenty of white women have stayed despite infidelity. Must we always put ourselves down?

• bolintin

March 7, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Thanks Rose. I don’t get it, must we always put ourselves down? They fed us this lies that they are better and many years after we are yet to recover then we continue to even propagate ourselves as negative. It is so unfair to us and our generation. please please and please get this right.

when you really mingle with these white you will be surprised that most of the attitude is just human and not necessarily black.

• nene+

March 7, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Uncle Gwegs very true cos Bill Clinton’s wife is charcoal black!

• Someonecute

March 7, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Hillary did the same she stood by her husband, she even called the lady out, of course we knew how the story ended. oh I forgot that Hilary is black.

2. suga

March 7, 2017 at 10:58 am

After watching this video… I really wish she had kept quiet as the truth and the near misses will eventually prevail.Lets continue to follow the matter Sha.

3. Deleke

March 7, 2017 at 10:59 am

The Good Wife

4. Missappleberry

March 7, 2017 at 11:00 am

It is my husband…then. ?

5. Fifi

March 7, 2017 at 11:05 am

Reminds me of former Mrs Dino Maleye when she was doing voltron for him when he had baby with that yoruba actress, madam shine your eyes not the first time your husband has been accused, instead keep quiet and enjoy your marriage

• A Real Nigerian

March 7, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Looool

6. ldj

March 7, 2017 at 11:07 am

My gosh why are nigerians like this.. MADAM. keep quiet. when the truth comes out u will nw be forming.. nobody said u shldnt support ur husband.. bt jst keep shut.. Nd support him in private..

and no I will not pray for ur husband.. Nigerians stay insulting ppl yet ask the very same ppl for help.. why shld I pray for ur husband? u jst finished calling Nigerians gullible.. pray for him urself abeg.. me I deh find school fees

7. RIFF RAFF

March 7, 2017 at 11:13 am

Madam no offense, but let your adult husband defend himself. If truly he is innocent, God will vindicate him in one way or the other. Is it today our women always find excuses for the erring behaviour of their spouses in order to save face?

• Manny

March 7, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Honestly, unless my husband is mute and cannot talk, I don’t see myself doing this. I understand supporting your husband in such a period but I don’t understand vouching that lailai he is incapable of doing it. I might say well, he has told me that he didn’t do it and I choose to believe him. But that is different from lailai he cannot do something like this. Am I him?

8. torri

March 7, 2017 at 11:55 am

Can Apostle Suleiman come up the media already?

9. Berry

March 7, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Dear Ma’am, please do not comment. Do your prayers and your battles outside the media!
    Thank you!

10. MrsO

March 7, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Hillary Clinton did the same thing for her husband.. but at the end oga Bill was found guilty. Madam, I would keep quiet if I were you. Don’t end up with egg on ya face ma’am.
    Trust no man, pastor or not!

11. Nigerian Married Woman

March 7, 2017 at 12:34 pm

But Apostle Suleiman has a history of being randy naa.

Haba, they say he loves 3somes and anal and some nollywood b/c1 celebs are his regulars.

He threw a stone when he lived in a glass house so the authorities came after him. The church is not the target, destinies his ministries is to raise is not the target, it is your marriage.

Nigerian women will take marriage to heaven

12. Me

March 7, 2017 at 12:39 pm

And the list goes on of women protecting their men when all it takes is time for the truth to be revealed.

13. marlee

March 7, 2017 at 12:42 pm

i wonder how she feel inside really. is he was a bomb she could have exploded right there. sorry honey. i feel for you but, why bark yourself if you have dog. that’s the question.

14. marlee

March 7, 2017 at 12:43 pm

i mean if she was a bomb

15. Agu

March 7, 2017 at 12:48 pm

B*tch that’s your husband stop defending that fraud.

• Ada_ugo

March 7, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Bellanaija, for all your “comment moderation”, it’s amazing how comments like this manage to get published.

16. lolo

March 7, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Honestly, this stuff is fake.Guys this na stuff wen G boys they do maga for arab countries for them to pay up.I dont blame people who believe it is hard not to.But sometimes you see all the street boys making large cash on Instagram , do you think it is still lottery they are doing? Even the lover scam you hear with women patting away with huge sums of money because they thought the man was white etc , how do you think it is done?They are a lot of software wen street boys dey use , you can even skype you will be seeing a white man.This is obviously a professionally done photoshop. If you nor go u nor know.!!

17. wow

March 7, 2017 at 2:14 pm

As a stranger i have benefited from his free access. This kind of things that make men of God become very distant ,you see bodyguards and protocol people start complaining.In my opinion this could be done because he is too accessible.Everyone has his number ,and if you call his phone he will pick up and talk with you.If you text him he responds.If you go to any of his church and ask for his direct number you will be given , it his policy that he must be accessible not just to a select few. This when helping the wrong person goes bad.

18. Mavi

March 7, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Madam, you began to lose me at “if you’re an intelligent woman” smug much? You definitely troway my interest when you declared most Nigerian gullible. Clearly you must belong in that gullible majority. Seriously, where there is smoke there is fire, there’s something very fishy in this drama. Your public defense was unnecessary, not the best PR move imho.
    Finally, it was most unchristian to pray for the judgement of God on the other woman. You would have made more of an impact to pray for her protection and God’s grace to show her the light of truth.

19. Anonymous

March 7, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Did u notice on the left side of her face that she has a bruise that they tried to cover up with powder makeup. Her eyes are black and swollen like ahe was beaten. I hope she was not forced into making this video.

20. Madam Intelligent Mass Communicator

March 7, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Wee you kip kwayet!!! With your synthetic weave! Dr my foot! Of what? Where did you study for PHD abi what’s your medical practice/field? You are a mass communicator; and you were stumbling and fumbling like that? LOL! Wetin person no go hear for this world! Aunty Mi, from the way you were even talking, you know very well that your husband is guilty! The desperation is all over your features! If anyone is gullible, aunty madam, it is you! You are not even gullible for believing your husband, because from the way you spoke, it’s obvious that you don’t. Rather, you were either coerced to make the video or you felt compelled to make this video to save face. No, you are gullible for thinking that discerning Nigerians will believe you or your husband. Photoshop ko, photo angle ni! Intelligent woman ko, wise woman ni. Common gerraria! Do we look like the sheep you and your husband preach to? Abeg abeg abeg!

21. Ebere

March 7, 2017 at 5:44 pm

What is the meaning of “My husband is even having a minister’s conference and he is a man of God”?Huh!!!!!!Madam, your husband screwed up real good and you shouldn’t have made this damage control video. You were right by saying Nigerians will believe anything because they believe so much in fake pastors and “the Lord said” bulls**t. This mummy G.O shouldn’t have stoop so low to that girl’s level by releasing a baseless video of how well she knows her sinless husband when the girl said that if he doesn’t lick her, he can’t speak in tongues. Haba mana!!!!!Silence is golden.

22. josdaily

March 7, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Sometimes, it is better not to say any thing

23. Ebere

March 7, 2017 at 5:53 pm

She probably made the video because of this Sunday’s church offering..

24. Blessed

March 7, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Madame abeg shut up…… your husband is a fraudster. he takes delight in taking advantage people off please remember that God is not dead

25. Blessed

March 7, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Fake Man of God …. Very Proud idiot with fake prophesies

26. Bimbo

March 7, 2017 at 8:53 pm

People pay tithes and man of God is using tithe to pay for a stripper to open a business ! Madam pls keep quiet and go somewhere far away.

27. Tols

March 7, 2017 at 9:56 pm

No need to defend him because only God knows the truth and Apostle himself.

28. Daniel Sackey

March 8, 2017 at 10:38 am

Papa doesn’t stay even a day outside Nigeria after programs except on rare cases. He doesn’t stay outside his marital home for more three or four days. He travels every week to different countries so if common sense has not eluded you, you Will hav used a diff ploy. I wonder why some people joke with their lives? I’m a Ghanaian but I know every step my father takes. Apostle Suleman cannot and will not do this.

• Jon Lawrence

March 13, 2017 at 10:42 am

It looks like they have more idiots and gullibles in Ghana. You are calling a mere human your father? Gosh! We africans has issues. Big time

29. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 8, 2017 at 10:59 am

“Na wa o”

What do we do?

It is her marriage

Even the members of her church can’t complain because it is her marriage and her husband

So, let’s just wait; and see what God will do

• Jon Lawrence

March 13, 2017 at 10:46 am

Because they are the gullibles she was referencing to. They are like hypothesized fool’s. Every weekend, they will pour into their cage called church to hand over their weekly earnings with a promise to be rich like the smart guy they are giving away their own money to. He is busy using their money to play Arabanko with ladies.

30. tutu

March 8, 2017 at 11:20 am

NIGERIANS GOT NO CHILL,IT IS WELL….BUT MADAM NO FORGET SAY MAN NA MAN,WEATHER IMAM OR PASTOR,THE THING IN BETWEEN THEIR LEGS HAS NO CONTROL..

31. Ogechi

March 8, 2017 at 2:24 pm

19 years indeed! you ve known him for 19 years but you dont know him now and am sure you dont know the future either… What do you know about relationships you got married a virgin and naive, what experience will you have about cheating men. Your husband has got all the tithe money he should hire FBI Agents overseas to analyze these photos, they are good at that they have state of the art equipment, they will confirm if this is true or not. By the way who told you that you are smart and intelligent? If you were you should have just prayed quietly and let the will of God to prevail, you did not have to come down to the level of the other woman. Just because you never experience problems with your hubby regarding women before does not mean that you cant now.. Your hubby could have sensed in the Spirit that this was gonna happen but know he did not, he continued to deposit money in her account, in the name of good heart

32. [email protected]

March 8, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Madam your husband opened store for this lady in Toronto using church funds
    Tell your husband to return the money taken from crusade anytime he does crusade outside Nigeria
    Fake Pastor

33. Justiz

March 9, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I don’t blame you guys shaa…Is because you don’t know him…Apostle is the most principled man of God I have ever met in my life this man has made alot of impart in my life…I love you my father you remain my role model..How can Joseph in the Bible save himself when his clothes is in the hands of portiphars wife…It takes God to vindicate a man…The lord Jesus you serve will surely prove himself…Love you sir…Soar high.#more grace

• Jon Lawrence

March 13, 2017 at 10:50 am

Another mofo speaking up. Apostle my azz!! Why do they need this titles to their name?

34. Justiz

March 9, 2017 at 4:44 pm

For those of you insulting him,God show you mercy and make sure you don’t pray for blackmails cos you own might just be the worst

35. Nwanyi oma

March 10, 2017 at 1:49 pm

The church is not the target but ur marriage? Really? You are obviously in a bubble! Who is targeting ur marriage? Well they do say ignorance is bliss .. Lol. Dear madam, just turn to God in prayers and leave the jungle for those that can fight. If your heart is truly as pure (and clueless) as u project God will extricate you from all these and give u peace.

36. God Is God

March 11, 2017 at 1:48 am

Every one is entitled to his/her own opinion. this case can not be swept under the carpet. i will personally take up the case if they do that. I can bear witness in court that this suleman is a con artist. one Sunday i attended this man’s church in auchi to look for miracle as he parade himself as prophet of God….to my greatest surprise i over heard one of his pastors telling a man to wait outside that suleman would soon call him out as in the Holy Spirit have located him. Behold, later suleman started shouting this man’s name to come out that God have located him. that was when i dust my ass and left the church disappointed. the other day he said el-rufai cannot be governor bcos he insulted Jesus, el-rufai won. Again he said Goodluck will win, goodluck lost..madam which other evidence do u need again to tell that suleman f*ck this girl. Abi make she dey record when dem dey f*ck? get out of here b4 i change my mind. nonsense

37. olar

March 11, 2017 at 7:45 am

Madam where were you when the head of lion of Judah died some years back,you know what happened after his death?, his family started receiving children from deferent women,but mind you the man was a very good man of god to his wife and children even to the church members just like your husband, so madam is better you wake up from your drea,and don’t forget that the sheep you reared and feed can easily eat ur maze which you believe not to be eaten by your own sheep cause they are both yours,so wake up madam,but I’ll advice you not to let this break your marriage.

38. marlee

March 13, 2017 at 7:56 am

Madam are you truly smart then, that you failed to pick up on your horseband behaviour for 19 YEARS. LMAO.

39. Divine

March 13, 2017 at 10:58 pm

‘Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm’. Do not bring the wrath of God upon yourself by judging a man of God. No matter what they say or show I will never believe. Because I know Apostle Johnson Suleiman is indeed a man of God. Believe it or not, he is a man of God.

40. Diane Grace

April 27, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Papa Suleman I love u n always will..my God will vindicate u..mama u r a strong woman n I celebrate u..lady blackmailer God’s judgment is sure to visit u…haters;Bible says touch not my anointed n do my prophet no harm..if he did it which is by d way impossible fear God n d oil on his head n b more humble with ur apprpach