News

This Twitter User’s Testimony of How his Son Overcame Autism will Definitely Warm your Heart

BellaNaija.com

Twitter user Yinka Ogunnubi (@yinkanubi) shared a story of how his son, who turned 10 today, was diagnosed of autism when he was around 3 years old.

He shared how therapy, prayers and love led to his son’s healing.

Yinka also shared a message for parents whose children have special needs:

To all the mums and dads with children on the spectrum, your children are a wonderful blessing. We encourage you to continue to be there for them by providing the best therapy, education, prayers and love.

1. Toyin

March 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm

We bless God for your testimony

• Nkechi

March 20, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Praise the Lord. Thank God for theraphy and a good Pastor. One has to be strong both mentally and emotionally. It is well.

• Sam B

March 21, 2017 at 9:59 pm

This man’s over-religiosity and MANLY PRIDE almost cost him his son’s wellbeing. And he’s still exhibiting it. Maybe that was the lesson God wanted you to learn, mr. Yinka, to trust the world God has created. Not only trees and nature are from God, but science and women like Mrs. Akande are all God’s own. Change your mindset, your son was already well from the beginning. It was you and still you who needs help.

2. critic

March 20, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Such a touching and inspiring testimony

3. keke driver

March 20, 2017 at 4:49 pm

This is wonderful….God be praised!!!

4. Icey

March 20, 2017 at 5:04 pm

This brought tears to my eyes, thank God for this testimony. The God that did for one will do for all, Amen.

5. temitope

March 20, 2017 at 5:13 pm

LORD to YOU be the glory

6. LL

March 20, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Thank you God. And well done Mr and Mrs Ogunnubi for supporting this child from birth till today.

7. Mufasa

March 20, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Ogunnubi for the love and care you showed to Daniel even when you needed strength to come to terms with his condition. Such a wonderful story and may he live to do great exploits.

8. Bleed Blue

March 20, 2017 at 5:39 pm

So sweet. This father’s love is palpable!

I’m so glad we’re having more and more professionals able to tackle these issues. Mrs. Akande, your phone lines are about to get busy!

Happy birthday Daniel.

9. HelpmeohGod

March 20, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Good father for standing with your wife to deal with this..many of us are left as single mothers to suffer this alone..i cannot afford language and behavioral therapy for my son who is 9yo this year. i manage the disgusting crap public school therapy which is absolutely zero help..my son and I are left to God almighty the great physician to restore my son to the perfect child he created him to be in Jesus name amen.

• Adi

March 20, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Is there anyway we can help your son?

• DearHelpmeohGod

March 20, 2017 at 10:49 pm

@HelpmeohGod,
      Dear poster, I can’t help you financially and can’t say I would always pray for your son but u will have him in my prayers tonight , God has. It brought you this far to leave you. Please do not relent on your quest for resources to fund his therapy please try all that you can to save his future. My dear I am going to talk to the great Physician tonight about your son and mine and I know that the balm of Gilead will send his healing on the. Bella naija please contact the poster and help her start a go fund me. Bella please save the future of this boy. God will perfect all that concerns your kids too

10. MamaLee

March 20, 2017 at 5:55 pm

i rejoice with you and your family, this is to show that the Big man up there is Awesome, he is glorious in all situation, he is fearful in praises , doing wonders every now and then. Happy Birthday Daniel . God will make your shine in aspect of your life.

11. Corolla

March 20, 2017 at 6:09 pm

This gave me chills. May this young boy continue to surpass all expectations.

12. funmilola

March 20, 2017 at 6:15 pm

it’s beautiful when parents don’t give up on their children no matter how bad the situation is…this is a great testimony. God is ever faithful, He still does miracles and He’ll do it for those looking up to Him like this too. Amen!

13. BB

March 20, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Cute lil boy! thank you Jesus!!

14. LemmeRant

March 20, 2017 at 7:25 pm

The Accountant?

15. Beverley

March 20, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Such a heart warming story. I celebrate you and your family and your entire support system for holding on until your miracle came through. God is awesome. I rejoice with you for what God has done and will continue to do in Daniel’s life.

16. Mz Socially Awkward....

March 20, 2017 at 7:34 pm

This is amazing to read. I love how honest this dear dad’s been about his testimony (particularly his open admission about the years in denial)- all bare facts, not just “God did it!” but sharing the “how” that describes their journey through all of it and describing the wonderful hands-on therapists who supported this little boy’s healing.

As we open up fully about our challenges and how we’ve overcome them, we give others in the same difficult situation a great resource of knowledge, hope and the Faith to hold on. Sometimes, God will do it suddenly and without delay and some other times, He’ll take you through a process but it’s no less a miracle when His Deliverance comes through the second route and we can learn so much from the practical advice of those who’ve been there.

God’s been truly good to Daniel and deserves every Praise! What a gorgeous little boy as well – hope he had a special birthday at 10. 🙂

17. Eii

March 20, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Thank you,Lord for this amazing testimony of your greatness and goodness. Me and mine will speak of your blessings upon our household IJN,amen.

18. mama dazel

March 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Father Lord, I tap into this healing for my own son! Nations will hear of my own testimoney. Thank you Ogunnubi for sharing this. It is is piec of hope. God bless you. To all therapists out there, words are not enough to express our thankfulness for t work y’all do with these children.

19. tamtam

March 20, 2017 at 10:41 pm

This made me smile and cry! I am happy for you and your family! <3 .
    I am so happy these services are available back home.. hopefully we get more professionals in these areas and also speech disorders..i grew up stuttering my whole life! and no one did anything about it. I moved out of the country and attended high school (grade 12 at age 17) and I could barely speak during presentations.. or talk whenever i get stressed or nervous..low confidence kicked in. at uni, I avoided classes with a presentation..i finally decided to get help at 3 years ago and things are way better..
    I pray that If i ever have kids and they start stuttering (people say its hereditary. lots of family members from my dad's side stutter), I'l be sure to provide them with everything needed to overcome this

20. Lois

March 20, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Amazing testimony! I am hopeful for my nephew. I wish I could get my sister to read this. Hope is all I see

21. Sholz

March 21, 2017 at 12:17 am

Pls how can one get the speech therapist number.I have a four year old that isn’t talking.please help.God bless you.

22. Isioma

March 21, 2017 at 7:49 am

This brought tear to my eyes. My God is still faithful. Sometimes not on our own terms though. Daniel shall be a praise on earth, a blessing to his generation, the enemy will not put out his light cos he will shine continually, the wicked one will not see him and everything Daniel lays his hand to do, the Lord shall cause it to prosper in Jesus name. God be praised for this!

23. Omoté

March 21, 2017 at 9:25 am

The key thing is seeking help as soon as possible. A lot of us parents spend a lot of time in denial n shame hoping and praying the problem goes away. I’m so happy he shared their journey, they got professional help and backed it up with prayers and had a strong support circle.

24. wendy

March 21, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I want to group hug all of them….We thank God!!

the boy is just too cute…

Thank God for the early intervention by the parents

25. Eno

March 21, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Awesome testimony, we are blessed to have Patrick School in Lagos through the Sacrifice of Mrs Akande but what is our government doing to help children with autism? Parents simply don’t have professionals to help them because they are not there! State governors abeg try open at least one autism school in your state to help these blessed kids so we could have more of the testimonies.

26. I love my husband

March 21, 2017 at 1:32 pm

You move mountains, you cause walls to fall! Thanks be to God who causes us to triumph in all things

27. tunmi

March 21, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Good and all.

But he wasn’t healed of autism and he didn’t overcome it either. They all learned how to cope and manage it. Autism isn’t something you overcome, and that wording is insensitive af.

Thank you to the language and speech therapists. Thank you for getting over yourself and getting your child help.

@HelpmeohGod and all who cannot afford language specialists, reach out to the guy and maybe there are less expensive options. My heart goes out to you.