Features

Aunty Bella: Miss. Need Help With School Fees

BellaNaija.com

Aunty Bella is our  agony aunt column on BellaNaija. We launched this column in the early days of BN and periodically feature issues sent in by BN readers.

We hope the BN family can offer insightful advice.

***
Dear Bellanaijarians,

I hope you are all in fine fettle?

I want to make a simple request. My name is Chioma and I am a Masters degree student in the UK. I am about to pushed out of Uni because of im complete tuition fees payment. My parents have been able to pay more than half but it is still remains £3900.I don’t know where to get it really. I have been able to pay £500 so it remains the aforementioned.

The little work I do can only cater for my rent and feeding and clothing and my parents cannot either.I am a very brilliant girl and has maintained good results from last semester but this challenge is threatening to cut short my academic pursuit. Please help me to find anyone willing to help no matter how little I will appreciate it.
Attached are documents to prove my claims.
I will love to get help. I would never do this on a normal day but I am stuck here sincerely.
My number is +********
This is my email address but for privacy incase you publish my story on your website, you can use [email protected]

I need your help please. I am in dire need for this!
***
BellaNaija has redacted the sender’s last name and phone number. Concerned readers who interested in reaching out to her may do so via the email address provided.

Photo Credit: Kiosea39 | Dreamstime.com

1. nene

May 9, 2017 at 5:08 pm

with this exchange rate? uk based BNers someone needs help

2. blackbeatle

May 9, 2017 at 6:03 pm

i thought masters was paid for upfront as its a shorter program..but i may be wrong about this ..i hope you get the help you need

• Oma

May 9, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Not all the time. It can be paid in instalments. Thamost for reaching out

3. Darius

May 9, 2017 at 6:03 pm

I pray you get help!

4. Lizzie

May 9, 2017 at 6:08 pm

May God bring help your way dear. Me its N40,000 to pay for tailoring school (6months) that is holding me. Am tired of job hunting so I want to learn a skill. I have a sewing machine now but to start the training…. God help me

• Vic

May 9, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Lizzie, how can we reach you? I’d like to help, N40k shouldn’t stop you from your dreams.

5. Jane

May 9, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Hopefully BNers would respond to your request. However from experience (as a flatmate of mine went through this same thing when we were in UK) it is easier to ask those around you for it, work colleagues or school mates, ask that one person you feel wouldn’t give you, In her own case, she was surprised people she knew did not help but people we thought wouldn’t help, did help. Plus you might have to work harder, take extra jobs to be able to pay up ( though ur studies might suffer from this ) ,
    Thirdly , pray n pray and pray, hers became a miracle, something to testify about afterwards, because the part money her parents sent her from naija, was credited twice in the school account and no-one could identify where the mistake was from. It was long after her fees were paid that the coy in naija realized they had credited double. Well wish i could help beyond what i just typed, wish you success Chioma.

• Oma

May 9, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Thanks Jane. I work hard on but because I am not up to the age for minimum wage I do not get at least the normal pay. Some people that can help me with the money wants something in return and I am not willing to. I hope I find help. I will keep working tho. Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate

• slice

May 9, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Oma your grammar is a tad troubling . Why? Fix that too. Sorry to mention another issue while you’re trying to fix one problem

6. xoxo

May 9, 2017 at 8:49 pm

How were you granted a CAS form to apply for a student visa? You need to prove financial- readiness (full university fees plus living expenses) before a university can grant you one. So, I’m curious – whose account did you use?

• Oma

May 9, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Xoxo…I understand your curiosity. Our intention was to pay for everything but the high exchange rate gulped everything. Long story shaa

7. anonymous

May 9, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Just look at this comment section. It is best not to comment if you cannot help. I will do my part.

• Oma

May 9, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Thanks so much

8. nnenne

May 10, 2017 at 5:18 am

Call APC.
    They are paying money to the less privilege. At least, that’s what they said.

• Oma

May 10, 2017 at 8:30 am

Ha hahaha. ..Nnenne, I wish I can. Eziokwu m, I will call them. Thanks for making me laugh

9. Ghostmode

May 10, 2017 at 8:30 am

Pele dear i can imagine the stress. Please stay strong and for those wanting ‘things’ from you in return to support please jump and pass them! This is just a phase that will pass. Will help with a little something and i hope more people can contribute no matter how small.

• Oma

May 10, 2017 at 11:14 am

Thanks ooo….The support is incredible!

10. Marian

May 10, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I saw this post yesterday and did my best to ignore it cuz i’ve already exhausted my help someone out budget for the year. I’m glad i did when i saw the post again today. I really like your personality and pray you are able to raise all the funds on time and that everyone else ignoring this post will come back to it and hopefully be able to help.

• Oma

May 10, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Awww…Marian it’s alright. I have been able to get £2.169
      I have been dancing in my room since. I was not expecting that but help did come.

Thanks for reaching out. Remain blessed

11. slice

May 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Can you set up a GoFundMe and put this article up again.

• Oma

May 12, 2017 at 7:05 am

Thanks slice for your concerns but I don’t know how that works

12. Oma

May 10, 2017 at 3:03 pm

I am lost for words really!! I want to thank everyone that came to my rescue both financially and morally and those who gave both. I am eternally grateful. To the lady and the two men that gave me money…chai, I was just shouting and crying in my room yesterday night! I felt special..daaluso! I lack words to say how I feel but I am indeed grateful. The support was overwhelming! I am more focused like laser now and can now continue with my studies. God bless you all. I just don’t know what to say again

And to Bellanaija for giving me the platform for people to come to my aid. ..Remain blessed!
    God bless everyone . I remain grateful! !!!!
    Chioma

13. Lizzie

May 11, 2017 at 10:26 am

God help me too

14. Prominent

October 8, 2017 at 6:43 am

I need a laptop for my programming course, pls I need help, help me