BN TV

Baby’s Skull gets Fractured at Daycare and No One knows What Happened

At a daycare in Atlanta, Georgia, Camella Jackson’s infant son, Hunter had his head fractured and the daycare couldn’t explain why or how it happened. The mother visited the Sunshine House in Villa Rica twice before registering her son. “It looked like a good daycare to me,” she said.

Three months later, after work, she went to pick up her son from the daycare and found her son with a golf-ball sized knot on his head. She said daycare workers told her they didn’t notice the knot and they didn’t find out about it until she arrived.

“They didn’t call me. They didn’t even have an accident report filled out,” she said. Camella thought something was wrong and took her son to the hospital.

“I was in tears on the way to the hospital and when the doctors told me that his skull was fractured I had broken down. I was very, very upset,” Jackson said.

Hunter was almost a year old at the time. He’s healing now and wearing a foam helmet to protect his skull as it heals.

Watch the report

Photo Credit: 12 News

1. Deleke

May 24, 2017 at 10:33 am

Now this is very disturbing

2. Miss Fanny

May 24, 2017 at 10:34 am

Sue that Daycare and have it closed down Asap! Mad people, always hiring people with no experience in the field they are working.

3. naf

May 24, 2017 at 10:46 am

really sad. I pray He heals totally and completely soon.

4. keke driver

May 24, 2017 at 10:47 am

“No One knows What Happened” ke?? By the time I’m through with them, they”ll know.

5. babym

May 24, 2017 at 11:04 am

Chei God, thank God there was no permanent damage can you just imagine!! I almost feel like putting a camera on my son as he goes to day care everyday. God abeg o.

6. DeeDee

May 24, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Color me Nigerian. I’ll call my lawyer tell him or her what happened in a very hysterical voice .Then proceed to show them how a Nigerian mother treats your f up .
    I’ll then get off on the emotional state defense for assault…….
    wait did I just post that ?lmao!!

7. yummymummycumchick

May 24, 2017 at 12:16 pm

i dunno know how, but someone’s head is going get fractured and nobody will know how it happened………………..whattheheck. the height of irreponsibility

8. MamaD

May 24, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Thatz how my daughter came home from pre-school with a 390 Celsius fever a certain time. When she walked in, I knew she wasn’t alright. I was so disturbed as why a child must have ran fever all school hours and the care givers/teachers didn’t notice let alone call me or her dad to come pick her.
    All the teacher told me when I angrily called to ask how she was in the day was, “… She was crying all day, couldn’t eat and then slept”.
    Thank God she didn’t convulse from the fever so that flimsy excuse is what I would have eaten?
    Ordinary 200 naira thermometer they don’t have yet they pride themselves as experts in child care.

• gia

May 24, 2017 at 4:43 pm

390 Celsius fever!!!???

STUPID PEOPLE!

9. oo

May 24, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Some of these nurseries are so useless that it takes the Grace of God for our children to be safe from their carelessness

10. Chu

May 24, 2017 at 5:23 pm

My daughter came home a few days ago from creche with a scar o her face. When I sent the picture to the owner she claimed ignorance, when I got there the next day she and all the care givers vehemently denied her having that scar, that she must have scratched herself and hubby who picked her noticed it once he got home. This is not the first time she has scratches on her face and they keep claiming that its her nails and not other kids fighting her. I can’t wait for the next session to resume so she can start school, I’m managing them till then.

• osa

May 24, 2017 at 7:00 pm

My dear dont manage them. Pls get a nanny. Those idiots appear to only be concerned with money!

• oooooooops

May 25, 2017 at 10:07 am

Nanny’s are not any better except there’s someone to supervise. My colleague’s nanny dropped her baby on the floor with no excuse recently, they sent her away immediately.

Please look for another creche Ma’am, don’t wait till blood flows before you change her creche.

11. Uberhaute looks

May 24, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Please remove your child immediately if you truly love her. They’ll kill her and you’ll only have yourself to blame.

12. kwinny

May 25, 2017 at 11:46 am

A very dirty slap each for everyone in that school. A very dirty slap.

13. Umme

July 2, 2017 at 4:14 am

Hi my daughter is 10 month old and she had soft lumps on her head same like your son i saw yesterday and she’s absolutely fine no symptoms
    At all I’m gonna take her to her gp on Tuesday im so worried so just wanna ask you does your son has any symptoms and how that heal i mean they give you some medicine please reply me.