BN TV

“Even at old age?” – Watch New Episode of Inspaya

BellaNaija.com

In a new interview with Inspaya TV, Yinka Badejo opens up about her battle with infertility and how she was told she couldn’t have children with her husband.

She said she was 29 when she got married to her husband who was 49 at the time, a widower with four children. She disclosed that she tried IVF three times and even on one occasion, it nearly cost her life. Eventually, she got pregnant and gave birth to her own child at the age of 54.

Watch the video below:

1. Anne

May 20, 2017 at 12:10 am

God. Thank you Sir, Glory to God. I rejoice with Mrs Badejo. Thank you Jesus.

2. CK

May 20, 2017 at 10:15 am

Women sha! Is a child not a child? He already had 4, you tried and tried children did not come. It did not occur to you to love his 4 as your own or to adopt? No, you had to have your own! Congratulations! Now at 54 you have a child for a man who is 70. The poor child will now be raised by tired grannies. Haba! How is this child you have birthed different from any child you could have adopted all those years and raised as your own? Will this child you have birthed cry less or demand less attention than an adooted one? You had to convince the world, and yourself, that you’re a woman by having a child at all costs even at the detriment of your own health and to the point of almost losing your life. Haba mama!

I really get confounded at how women go to such great lengths to have “their own” kids. Yes, children can POTENTIALLY be a blessing and if we really believed they were a blessing more children would be adopted and less couples will do so earlier in their “waiting” period rather than later. No child is born a saint whether they come from your womb or from the womb of someone else. They all need, love attention, training, sacrifice and nurturing to be the blessings they could potentially be. I’m happy for mama because she finally got what she apparently wanted so desperately but at the same time i’m not happy.

I have said my own, insult me all you want. I can take it.

• JennySage

May 20, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Wanting a child is neither nor a selfish desire.It is actually divine. You came from the the loins of a woman who looked forward to bringing you into this world no matter what she went through and she must have been pleased I presume. The joy and nurturing of motherhood can be extended to non biological children, however nothing in this universe beats having your own baby. Even surrogate mothers fight parents over custody of babies, it is an indescribable feeling of being part of a miraculous creation process. Be happy for her without contempt, see beyond logic and understand that the joy of childbirth is inexplicable.

• JennySage

May 20, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Neither bad nor a selfish desire…

• Wow

May 21, 2017 at 5:19 am

I agree with you to a certain degree. This isn’t a “women” thing; I believe, it’s more of an african thing. We (africans) will need a lot of re-orientation with regards to “one’s child doesn’t necessarily have to be biological”. An adopted child you care for and love is just as much as yours but like I said, we need a lot of re-orientation on that.

3. CK

May 20, 2017 at 10:19 am

****more couples will do so earlier in their “waiting” period rather than later

4. Diamond

May 20, 2017 at 10:40 am

I’m happy for her. However, she put herself through unnecessary pressure, pain and risk. Her husband already has four kids, so why did she have to go through all that to the extent of almost losing her life? We women and ‘my own’ mentality.

5. Sisi