BN TV

Acne prone skin? Omabelle shares her Foundation routine to cover dark spots | Watch

BN TV

Beauty vlogger Omabelle talks us through her foundation routine which she uses to cover up acne, dark spots, pimples and any acne related issue.

She says:

Hey, Beauties! So, in today’s video, I’m gonna share how to cover acne, dark spots, pimples, blemishes, hyperpigmentation and any acne related issues on an acne-prone skin like myself.
I totally understand the struggle of always looking to achieve a flawless makeup application when you have a problematic skin and It’s Ok to learn how to cover acne and anything related to it but always remember to take care of the skin beneath.

I hope you enjoy my Acne coverage foundation routine!

Watch

1. WetheCuteNigerians

August 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm

With this makeup; She already lied to you.

2. skydweller

August 20, 2017 at 12:00 am

Girl,, this is fraud!!!

3. Aisha

August 20, 2017 at 1:17 am

Really? what is so fantastic about this? Why in the world would you be covering up Acne or other skin issues? It needs to be treated and cleared first!!!! Please see a dermatologist.

• Laila

August 20, 2017 at 6:15 am

Did you even watch the video? She talked about taking care of problematic skin and seeing a dermatologist.

• Lilo

August 20, 2017 at 2:58 pm

If you watch the video you will see where see outright advocated for taking care of your skin and finding a very good skin care line to manage your acne

4. Uberhaute looks

August 20, 2017 at 7:24 am

In as much as I admire Omabelle, I think her skin needs breathing space and she truly needs a skin care expert/dermatologist! I don’t advise people with such a sensitive skin as this to wear makeup at all.

• Exq

August 20, 2017 at 9:48 am

I know right.
      And if seeing a dermatologist is too pricey, which is, she can buy drug store products that work. She can buy acne products with salicylic acid from neutrogena or clean & clear; particularly clean & clear. A daily wash, cleanser and oil free moisturizer. Or she can go the natural route and use Essential Oils like Lemon or Grapefruit which helps reduces excess oil production, or Tea Tree which is allegedly renowned for acne. When you have problem skin, putting on layers of makeup makes it even worse. Think of clearing it first.

• Exq

August 20, 2017 at 9:48 am

Which helps reduce*

• Yolanda

August 20, 2017 at 11:36 am

When I said that about her two years ago I was called a hater. Her skin is so bad I wish she’ll make more videos of how to take care of her skin to encourage her followers than be packing all this toxic junk on her face everyday. She’s a nice girl but please take some constructive criticism for once. Your skin needs to breathe. 90% makeup cosmetic sold are all junk and toxic no matter how expensive it is. Be an example to your beautiful daughters. Once in a while lip gloss and mascara is just enough.

Your best makeup is your smile. Simple.

• Stop makeup shaming people with acne issues

August 20, 2017 at 12:38 pm

All of you, are chatting sh**. Omabelle doesn’t even wear makeup outside her videos and she makes it clear on her videos and snapchat. It’s so easy for everyone to tell people with acne issues to stop wearing makeup as if they don’t already know and haven’t tried anything under the moon to fix their issue. You think she hasn’t been to a dermatologist? I can imagine how much people like her have spent, I have friends that have spent thousands of pounds trying to fix their skin issues which resurface anyway. I use £3 face wash from boots but I have decent skin. You think you know more than someone with acne issues about how to get rid of acne? I’ve watched her and beauty by JJ get bullied for years. Nigerians who don’t like their big noses contour to make it slimmer, they don’t get judged. But someone who wants to take pictures without her acne being in the way gets judged like it’s those few hours that cause the hormonal imbalances. Is there anything that Nigerians don’t judge? It’s very unfair and annoying

• Oxfords

August 20, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Well if you knew anything about her, you’d know that she has already seen a dermatologist. It’s not your place to tell her to wear makeup or not. And for everyone shouting that this is fraud, it’s really not that serious. It’s only foundation and concealer that she applied. Calling it fraud is an extreme exaggeration. Relax.

5. Yolanda

August 20, 2017 at 11:37 am

Your best makeup is your smile. Simple.

6. Abk

August 20, 2017 at 12:50 pm

I don’t know why I love this lady. But, please get an acne medication with salicylic acid, be however cautious if you have extremely sensitive skin. Salicylic acid medications are ? for acne and they help a lot so look for good products that have it. It’s better to treat your acne than using heavy layers of makeup as it’ll only make it worst. Makeup ruins the skin, and if you want to use it all the time; you need to ensure your skin is on point. Makeup if and when used is to enhance your beauty, not cover or hide your spots. Your skin will never heal or improve if you keep hiding it under makeup as opposed to treating it. Same way one’s hair won’t grow if they prefer to only cover it with wigs and braids as opposed to trying to treat it and cater adequately for it. Jackie Aina (renowned beauty influencer) and Theo Mogo (Naija MUA) although they have makeup on often, you should see their skin; really good. You can go to your local pharmacy or convenient store and look for good skin care products. Or see a dermatologist.

7. Uju

August 20, 2017 at 2:09 pm

I feel so sorry for her skin and the fact that the pores have to endure all this daily toxicity. My goodness lady let the skin breathe you are punishing your skin

8. TEMI TOPE

August 20, 2017 at 3:00 pm

lies…. FULL OF LIES..FIRST OF ALL WHEN YOU HAVE ACNE AND BIG BUMPS ON YOUR FACE: DONT PUT MAKE UP… IT CLOGS THE PORES.. JESUS.. JUST LIES AND FAKE

9. Susie

August 20, 2017 at 5:07 pm

I had terrible acne & the only thing that helped me was accutane. I had tried everything else without success but these pills cured my acne. Now I’m removing the discoloration with gentle peels. My best friend is a dermatologist with great skin & she told me a secret: Stay away from ALL makeup!

Seriously. If you’re acne prone, even the so called ‘acne friendly’ ones will make you break out or mess up your skin. Invest aggressively in curing your acne/ scarring instead & if you must, wear makeup only to big events. Your skin will thank you. Mine has never looked better!

• berry

August 20, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Story! I have severe/hormonal acne and I put on makeup just once a week. I’m treating it with everything at my disposal but still…. let the lady breathe and do what makes her happy. Only ignorant people believe that makeup causes or makes acne worse. P.acnes bacteria is the cause of acne on the face. Those who really know Omabelle know that her skin has improved A LOT. It’s very easy for people who do not know the struggle to give you fake and unsolicited skincare advise. They don’t understand the psychological torture we endure from mean people who will call you fake/ugly for covering your acne with makeup and still call you ugly when you’re bold enough to go barefaced. At the end, the best thing is to get enlightened about acne and do whatever makes you happy.

10. Anon

August 20, 2017 at 10:07 pm

The bloody hypocritical ignorance of people. How the hell do you know if she’s seeing a dermatologist or not. How the hell do you know if she’s tried all the acne preparations on the market or not. Do you think she’s that daft that she’ll prefer to cover her problematic skin rather than treat it. I just can’t get people with their daft unsolicited advice. There are people with severely damaged scarred skin that’s untreatable like severe acne scaring, or even burn victims, the only option left for them is to patch it up with makeup. And she’s does a fine job at it. Yep if you broke and use cheapskate assmakeup you gonna breakout like a leper . Yes oh even with all the “fraudulent makeup activity” she still bag herself a good man and blessed x2 with lovely twins. What y’all gotwith your perfect flawless skin, and ugly scarred spirits besides yeyefowl advise. You feel sorry for her yeah right!! More like you’ll do the most to get her life. Mtchewwwwwww yeye DEY smell.

11. Babe

August 20, 2017 at 10:58 pm

I really do not like it when people speak so badly of acne sufferers. Guys this thing is tough.. it is hormonal. I’ve watched omabelle for about 6 years now and I can tell you for free that her skin has improved dramatically!!!!! Being an acne sufferer myself, I know how much I take care of my skin but this thing is hormonal. In total I have visited 4 dermatologists – LASUTH, General Hospital in Lagos Island, One in Yankee and more recently Laserderm, VI. I gave up when I thought I had had enough and stopped caring about the spots/acne scars. You don’t want to know what I have tried and how much I have spent. Even in make ups, I can only use selected brands that are formulated for acne prone skin. Please leave Omabelle alone! that’s the point of my epistle.

• Annie

August 21, 2017 at 10:58 am

Exactly, they don’t Know the effort one has put in.. I even had to stop eating certain foods just to keep your the acne away… Its a struggle, don’t make it worse for us please.

12. kmt

August 21, 2017 at 4:36 am

Shes a very pretty lady with a beautiful personality hence her over 250k utube subcribers. Meanwhile some of you yaba market qualified dermatologist struggle to get 1like for your opinion. Go figure. The girl is loved with or without acne.

13. Mahka

August 21, 2017 at 8:55 am

Everybody fussing unnecessarily, like this is the ist time BN posted one of her videos. She basically did a full coverage routine, you people are here without your nonsense advice, do you know the feeling of having chronic acne, here recomminding facials n dermatologist trips. Do you think she has lived this long without consulting one, heck she even mentioned it (skin care). If it’s not her accent it’s her acne, BNers you people can be over righteous sometimes.
    BN you should have moderated comments here.

Nwada igbo, jide ka iji joor…love it

14. Annie

August 21, 2017 at 10:59 am

****just to keep the acne away.