Features

Guys, what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie?

Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie?

Funny question right? This became a trending topic on Twitter NG after a user (@Xcel_101) shared the story of how his friend broke up with his girlfriend because she accepted a lingerie gift from another man, not just once but thrice.

The story got mixed replies as some users were of the opinion that it is not a big deal while others argued that a giving lingerie as a gift suggests that there is a hidden agenda.

Read the story till the end

Now read the replies and share your thoughts in the comment section:

Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie? Guys what would you do if another man buys your girl Lingerie?

1. OJ

November 2, 2017 at 3:19 am

Buying a girl lingerie is sexually suggestive and a clear disrespect to the lady’s bf, and more than once again…how did the guy know her size or whether it would fit her? Probably the guy took her shopping and she tried it out…Chai I don die!!!!I don’t blame her ex for breaking up with her abeg and this has nothing to do with immaturity or insecurity, its just plain disregard of your partners feelings if you can stoop that low to be collecting lingerie from an admirer. Now turn the tables, how would she feel if he took her best friend shopping for exotic G-string panties? Or if a Lady buys him similar sexually suggestive under wears?…sorry ohhh, we are not stronger than the perfect Eve nor have the strength of Samson, the moment you start letting your gaurd down, you’re automatically inviting trouble in your relationship

• b

November 2, 2017 at 9:44 am

Now you can analyse matter well. If the pendulum swings the other way now, you will be speaking spannish

• seriously

November 2, 2017 at 10:39 pm

It’s about time women get called out on their shenanigans and double standard as well. The funny part is, I can totally imagine how the lady will relate the story to her friends. Sad, crying and acting oblivious to what led to the breakup. She won’t be forthright with the real situation just play the victim.

2. ProdNigerian

November 2, 2017 at 3:41 am

Of all the things you can buy me as a supposed friend is “paent”? ??. Next thing you will hear is snap in the “paent” and send to me ?Even if I am single why buy me lingerie it oozes sexual interest
    Even if your boyfriend does not complain don’t you have iota of sense not to receive such gifts from a man? .Oriegu!

3. TA

November 2, 2017 at 4:25 am

That this question has to even be asked says a lot. Buying underwear of any kind, including lingerie is inappropriate if you are not in a relationship.
    Even for fathers, brothers, uncles and other male relatives it is highly inappropriate if the girl is an adult not to mention a random dude.
    Not all gifts are appropriate and the saddest part is some adults (both buyer and receiver) still need to be told this

4. TY

November 2, 2017 at 8:29 am

I expect her to reject it… No second thoughts… too personal for a gift… that’s crossing the line… It’s sensitive enough receiving mere gifts from him sef

5. Dame

November 2, 2017 at 8:40 am

Even if lingerie is normal pant and bra why is a guy …a guy I am not dating buying me such gifts? he did not see perfume, wristwatch,pr shoes to buy…the girl is a joker

• Moo

November 2, 2017 at 11:17 am

But why should a random guy buy you perfume? Would he rather tou smelt a certain way? Or does he fantasize over you letting put the smell? In short, why do Nigerian girls feel comfortable taking gifts from random people? What happened to cards for tje occasion?

6. iyabo

November 2, 2017 at 8:51 am

………what’s wrong with a gucci bag…..she told him delibrately to irritate him….c’est fini

7. larz

November 2, 2017 at 9:16 am

Even if i am single self. I wont accept lingerie from a guy that I dont have an intimate relationship with.

8. Donnatella

November 2, 2017 at 9:28 am

The girl wants out.Simple. Inukwa akuko? Three times shaa oh…Chic wants to bounce that’s why she keeps telling him.

9. Branch

November 2, 2017 at 9:28 am

Excel, you were making sense before you decided to generalise and be condescending. Thanks for showing we ladies around you what you really think about us – emotionally unintelligent. When you people blurt out things like this, how do you think your female friends, acquaintances and family members feel? That says a lot about your level of intelligence. Learn from Tyrese Gibson. Enough said.

• LemmeRant

November 2, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Abeg keep quiet and go and sit down.

10. b

November 2, 2017 at 10:08 am

If only most guys will be as reasonable as women are about these matters.

see our women saying they will reject the gift,
    if it were a guy he will keep on saying things like women read too much meaning into little things, we are just friends, it is just a kind gesture, maybe she just does not understand these things, she must be naive etc.

then when they eventually cheat with her they will say it has to be because you said it with your mouth so your prophesy or fear is what energized them to cheat or as you were thinking that they will cheat with your mind so you got it in your relationship!

• A

November 2, 2017 at 10:30 am

What are you saying?

• CrazyWorld

November 2, 2017 at 10:58 am

Don’t play like that. It’s not right for men to accept such gifts too. I mean I’d even feel sometype of way if a lady I’m not dating buys me boxers sef. At the end of the day let’s all hump and go. No need to invest any rubbish time into relationships.

All I need from a woman is kuku children before before, give me children and I’m alright. Before anyone will say nonsense, remember Linda Ikeji also said all she needs from a man is to give her children so……

• LemmeRant

November 2, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Lol, this one cannot read.

11. Derah

November 2, 2017 at 10:56 am

The poster guy (Xcel) is very rude, see the way he’s attacking people that don’t agree with him.
    I can’t get past people with a smug attitude abeg.
    Mtsheew.
    That being said, why would you even encourage a guy that’s not your boyfriend/husband to get you such a gift?

12. zeeeeebby

November 2, 2017 at 12:44 pm

lingerie though! I mean even if I was single and a guy I am not involved with buys me lingerie as a gift I’ll be offended. As in “kilo ro de be?” what nonsense?

13. Deleke

November 2, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I will wear it

14. whocares

November 2, 2017 at 1:20 pm

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo. what was the bf looking at when he bought it the first and second time? did he think “oh, et iz a miztake, he meant to buy you aso adura instead?” . I cant blame him for breaking up with her, and lingerie is also part of pant and bra underwear so the poster should calm the feck down, its just nicer and fancier is all.. I wonder how the lady rationalised it to herself.. how would you? he is my close friend? he bought it for his mother and she didnt want it? his gf said he should dash me? he is no longer wearing it so he passed it to me? just how? lmaooo. I belong firmly in the “let no man dictate how a woman should act camp”, but this just makes no sense!?!!!

15. Akara Pancake

November 2, 2017 at 2:06 pm

If another chick bought your boyfriend a BYC pant, would you let it slide?

16. Papacy

November 2, 2017 at 4:08 pm

It matters not who buyeth whom lingerie…what matters is who taketh whom home. Lol.
    Seriously though, that’s disrespectful and for the lady in question to be querying the reason behind her boyfriend’s anger is already a cause for worry.

17. demash

November 2, 2017 at 8:28 pm

That’s too intimate and suggestive as well. My wife went on an overdrive when a lady bought me a jersey of my favourite team and some boxer shorts. I marveled at her overreaction especially since I didn’t complain when some guy got her a lovely dress. I understood her point of view later cos some gifts encourage certain private communication. No one shouldn’t be buying you lingerie or underwear if you are not in a committed relationship.

18. Engoz

November 6, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Very invasive gift, lmao.