BN TV

Jo Maxwell talks ‘Why African Men don’t marry Older Women’ on a New Episode of her Show | BN TV

BN TV

On this week’s episode, Jo Maxwell is discussing some serious topics again in the usual relaxed mode.

It looks like they are delving into the men’s life this week as they try to understand them better.

On first segment they tackle a very challenging scenario that happens to parents i.e. ‘The present but absent Father’ – Why and the impacts of it.

On the second segment they talk about why they think African men do not find older women attractive enough to marry.

Watch:

1. Anne

July 27, 2018 at 1:58 pm

In fact, I commend Prince Harry. A prince getting married to a 36year old.

• Dee

July 27, 2018 at 4:00 pm

And what is wrong with marrying a 36 year old??? A 36 year old is sooooo old that she does not deserve a chance or stand a chance at love?????

Smh when Nigerians keep thinking like Fishes!!!!

2. LemmeRant

July 27, 2018 at 2:19 pm

You should be asking why Nigerian women never want to date younger guys.

3. CONCERNED

July 27, 2018 at 3:53 pm

The girl in the black and white dress sound so dim witted. Is she saying that it’s be OK for her husband to stop finding her attractive when she’s past 35? I swear Nigerian women are their own biggest problems. You’ll never hear men talk like this about older men’s desirability.

4. Liz Bennet

July 27, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I think the title should be why “*most* African men…” All these generalisations are not good please. I know many men who are younger than their wives and their relationships are okay (at least from what I see).

• Dayo

July 28, 2018 at 4:22 am

@Liz Bennet, actually I think the title should be simply “most men” – this is not peculiar to Africans.

5. Californiabawlar

July 28, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Story time.

My Aunty is married to a man 14 years younger than she is. She was 48 and divorced with grown children, and he was single and never married at 34. Now they have 15 year old twins. Her kids from the previous marriage call him dad. I saw them recently, I think they are still very happy as a couple. She’s very energetic and seems way younger, while he’s chill and has a much older aura. So it balances out I guess? Lol.
    One thing they did right was that they didn’t tell anyone about the age difference until they were married. And to be honest it’s the women in my family that opposed the union in the beginning saying it was nasty and shameful that she would do ‘such a thing’. I remember rolling my eyes at my mum cos her logic didn’t make sense.
    Anyways the man (my uncle?) and my family have grown close over the years. He opened up to my mom that he had been so heartbroken and was struggling trying to find a wife until he met my aunt and decided that was it. The age thing didn’t matter, in fact it was my Aunty that needed the convincing. They both work in the medical field so they took an educated chance on the children part.
    Long story short? Live your life people… your happiness and peace of mind is all that matters.

• John

July 28, 2018 at 7:17 pm

So what is your Real point?

• Californiabawlar

July 28, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Olodo.

• Lol

July 28, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Lol. Chai why so mean?

6. Simplyjane

July 28, 2018 at 10:21 pm

The dangers of hasty generalisation!