Features

#LiterallyWhatsHot: “The T. B. Joshua I Know” is the Exposé on Religious Leaders You Didn’t Know You Needed

Let me just start by saying: the amount of piping hot tea that was served in “The T. B. Joshua I Know is second to none. I actually caught myself gasping aloud in a danfo bus full of people, out of shock at the things I read. I mean, even the title of the book didn’t prepare me for half the things in it.

The book is written by Bisola Hephzibah Johnson, one of T. B. Joshua’s former “disciples” who lived within the synagogue’s premises and worked as the head video editor. Basically, she was privy to a lot of insider information many could only dream of. Bisola unearths the reality of what goes on behind the scenes of the preacher’s televised miracle ministry as seen on his TV station, Emmanuel TV.

As with all good exposés, this one mentions names and details the author’s personal recollection of events as they occurred. If there’s anything you can expect from the book, it is a no holds barred account and lots of eye-raising moments.

“The T. B. Joshua I Know” tells us about alleged scandals involving the Synagogue Church of all Nations head pastor, including some cases which included children and biologically related women. Yup, it makes for tough reading and begs the question of just how much accountability is obtainable when it comes to religious organizations.

The book also addresses the authenticity of widely publicised ‘miracles’ that T. B. Joshua has become very well known for. Many travel long distances in order to get their own share of the healing and eventually share testimonies, which, according to the author of this book, are mostly staged to lure new members into the church and keep the current ones.

I would advise anyone to download “The T. B. Joshua I Know,” regardless of their religious inclination or belief, mostly because it’s a thought-provoking read. Plus, it definitely has lessons for everyone even though most of it has not been proven true by a legal system or the subject himself.

Overall, I’m glad I read it and OkadaBooks was the plug! You can download your copy here.

*************
Reviewed by Diamond-Hope. She is a writer and in her spare time dedicates herself to watching as much as she can on Netflix. She might still be an aspiring filmmaker but she loves to read and review books. Catch up with her on Twitter and Medium

1. Mrs chidukane

December 1, 2018 at 1:58 am

Not surprised. I know when he first came out and when he later rebranded. The first time he would pray for an amputee and the leg will grow out immediately. People would poop all sorts in the name of deliverance. Very icky stuff. Then he rebranded after the Pastor Chris visit scandal and gained acceptance. Also,my late cousin told me how she went there looking for miracle and what went down. How you would be told to wear the same outfit everyday to make it seem T.B Joshua prayed for you same day you came. How you would be coached what to say whenever he came around. Let me leave the really scary gist she gave me. Everything you read in this book will be true and I must get my copy.

• BKT

December 1, 2018 at 9:59 pm

fabricated sorry . Go to synagogue and witness yourself in that way u will be able to see the truth. And again , Remember the Bible said thou shalt not judge .

• Evelyn

December 2, 2018 at 2:39 pm

m;;@mrs chudukane……your cousin went there looking for miracles….that was the problem, should go there for salvation of soul, too sad your cousin is deseased and probably without salvation, even seducees demanded miracles from our Lord Jesus desipte many miracles because they were spiritually blind. I have been to scoan but never I did not see any of what your cousin reported to you. Hope your cousin made peace with the Creator by repent before breath the last breath

2. Bukola

December 1, 2018 at 8:06 am

Who is this foolish Author, the author no get sense at all, it is God that will judge you, and repent for the kingdom of God is at hand, this is defamation

3. Mteteleli

December 1, 2018 at 8:22 am

I pray for all devil workers who are out to destroy the servants of God, but Jesus new these pharasees like people as He said quote (in this world there will troubles, but cheer up I have overcome), close quote.

4. Uberhaute Looks

December 1, 2018 at 9:15 am

I hope the author of this book will be spiritually intact after all. Kola Olawuyi did an exposé on TB Josh back in the day.

5. Enops

December 1, 2018 at 9:58 am

Thank you for being a free advertiser for an innocent man (PROPHET T.B. JOSHUA).
    Jesus Christ Who is his father was persecuted and finally nailed for nothing sake. So who is PROPHET T.B.JOSHUA as compared to Christ’s persecutions?
    Please continue rendering Him free adverts while God’s Kingdom continues to be populated.

6. Sola Ojewusi

December 1, 2018 at 10:58 am

Another stupid effort to tarnish the image of this great Nigerian. The devil is really using these people and it’s sad that a man like Adelaja with all his own scandals is promoting this.

7. Sweet

December 1, 2018 at 1:16 pm

I will say this again and again….if this man is truly FAKE as I do hear all the time then I think he is rather doing the opposite cos his teachings alone melt a heart…. his teachings draw people close to God. If you haven’t listen to his teachings before, anything anybody says about him will convince you that the man is FAKE but if u do, you will certainly be in delimma if this kind of news prop up. I DON’T CARE IF YOU INSULT ME THAT’S my observations cos I do listen to his teachings.

8. David

December 1, 2018 at 1:17 pm

Big fool you are. They that rise against the Lord’s anointed will fall before him. I see the author going to Synagogue to confess her evil works soon.

• Elle

December 3, 2018 at 11:21 pm

Did Jesus not say a person who calls another fool is liable to go to hell fire? All of you using abusive words here in the name of defending your prophet, continue, may you be set free in Jesus name, Amen.

9. Baybie

December 1, 2018 at 1:48 pm

I have to read this book!

10. Bowl

December 1, 2018 at 1:57 pm

My earliest experience with TB Joshua was via a life broadcast in Ibadan as a Jambite. I had never heard of him prior to this time . I was also newly born again and had a very living relationship with the Holy Spirit. I welcomed all Christian sects so long as they preached Christ and His unrelenting love ! It does not matter whether you were. Aladura or Seven thunders, I loved you and accepted your message !
    And so it happened that on sundays, being new in Ibadan, I stayed at home , and got my own Christian fellowship via TV broadcast from many denominations . I never tired of hearing about Christ and the wonders if his love . So ,I would go from one broadcast to another. Something happened when TB Joshua ‘ s ministrations was televised. A terrible war raged on between TB Joshua and what was in my heart . The intensity scared the living daylight out of me and I quickly ran outside. Something happened outside too! I got peace !
    I returned to the living room again, intent on finishing the broadcast . Same terrible unease enveloped me again. The repulsion was so acute I could feel my life leaving me .
    Then I did something. I changed the channel to yet another Christian broadcast and my peace returned again !
    In the broadcast he was advertising the blood of Jesus bottled in different volumes. Also people who had spoken ill of him and somehow found themselves in the church were made to confess their sins ! I never understood this practice !
    In subsequent years my entire family at Nnewi became followers. The cable TV subscription in my house was solely for viewing Emmanuel TV. My elder sister named her first son Emmanuel because of TB Joshua not because of Christ !
    I began to be sick in the 3rd year of med school and somehow kept it secret from my family members. We also had a very turbulent family crises during which my mother disowned me for 7 years.
    I came out about illness when we made peace at expiration of that 7 years. They all tried to push me to see him . When the pressure became unbearable I gave in .
    Problem was , a terrible torment of my soul , occasioned by my earlier experience with him overwhelmed me.. This forced me to look my family members in the face and tell them boldly that I would not see TB Joshua : not even under general anaesthesia !
    Many more exposure of this man will still happen. All you his disciples defending him, your defence is very lame . Soon the glass water over eyes will clear . I do believe strongly that you all know this author is not lying !
    Besides , this is the third account of his deception that I have heard ! The scariest part is each collaborates the other !

• Evelyn

December 1, 2018 at 9:18 pm

…..this is the third account of lies..whst about the thousand testimonies. I pray that one day you will be at scoan confessing too!

• Mbambi

December 2, 2018 at 5:55 am

I don’t know what you were watching but no blood of Jesus has been advertised on the station

• Sunny nedu

December 2, 2018 at 9:30 am

Bowl, a spiritual minded person will tell you that you’re highly possessed by a demon who doesn’t want you to get delivered, the demon in you is battling with Emmanuel tv, you know your life experience whenever you’re sleeping, what happens to you, with time you’ll know yourself and who you’re really

• Benjamin Osawe

December 2, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Oh boy same here. First I heard him years back made clear to me he was a fake prophet. Bible says by their fruit you shall know them, hence the importance of discernment as Christian’s we are supposed to test all spirits. Not everyone calling christ is really following him.

11. Divinity

December 1, 2018 at 3:41 pm

May God have mercy on the Author of this “Book”.looking for cheap popularity.
    In everything, let God’s name be praised.

12. Apost. Henry R. Irimagha

December 1, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Stop Criticising Prophet T. B. Joshua, and other Anointed Ministers of God, whoever has written and published this Falsehood against the LORD’s Anointed Prophet T. B. Joshua, should Retract it, and ask God for mercy.

13. Apost. Henry R. Irimagha

December 1, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Prophet T. B. Joshua is and Remains my MENTOR.

14. Solomon

December 1, 2018 at 5:15 pm

TB Joshua remains a true man of God mightily being used by God. May the Lord continue to strengthen him in all ramifications. God will keep on honouring His servant and TB Joshua will remain a blessing to us all.
    But I wonder why all these criticisms in the Christian domain. Islam is not so. Let us all dwell in Love for one another as christians; which is what TB Joshua stands for.

15. Uche

December 1, 2018 at 5:53 pm

The devil is trying to take over this world but JESUS CHRIST IS ALIVE. I can see the hand work of devil in the writers work. From my experience just fast for some days ask God your creator who that man is. stop the devil from using you.

16. Francis. M

December 1, 2018 at 7:46 pm

Everything Bisola has said in his book is fake.to begin with he has not disclosed the real reason why he left. the scoan.If this man is holier than tbj he shouldn’t have done what he did and if you don’t repent you will be judged with your book. May this book of yours go to hell.A real Christian preaches peace,forgiveness, repentance and salvation just what tbj does not what you are doing. Lastly this man has been receiving insults from people like you yet you never hear him respond to any.can’t you people see the real light of christ in this man? Shame on you.

17. Nedus

December 1, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Bowl
    I don’t need anybody to tell me that you’re highly possessed by a demon which has vowed not allow you know the truth about this great God’s servant, you will live long to witness a genuine deliverance and freedom

18. Evelyn

December 1, 2018 at 9:06 pm

God bless you a lot for standing up for this true man of God, prophet TB Joshua. I feel sorry for those who are trying to defame his works, I pray they may repent and get saved. Myself I have listen to these accusation include Bisola, joshuadebuker, tbjoshuawhatch and noted very they present weak arguments. Sadly all accusers indicated they visited or stayed at scøan. But my opinion is these peopke went to scoan for material benefits that is why they are so bitter . I compare them with jude iscariote who betrayed Lord Jesus, and the more they defame him the more they make his ministry famous, nobody can fight God’s work and win

19. Mr R

December 1, 2018 at 9:36 pm

I’m a South African, been saved for 35 years. I’ve been to TB Joshua’s church more than 10 times. I’ve never ever given testimony at TB Joshua’s church or on any of his mediums. What I would want the whole world to is that I’ve been healed of a skin problem which a specialist doctor back here in South Africa said it was not a sickness, it was lack of omega 3 and 6, and therefore I needed to take omega 3 and 6 for the rest of my life. I’m a living testimony that Jesus Christ healed me through TB Joshua’s ministry, I’m not taking those supplements anymore. Secondly, I had sexual addictions which I tried fasting and being prayed for by different men of God in South Africa, but to no avail, but since my encounter with TB Joshua, Christ has delivered me, and my spiritual life has changed for the better. I can’t dispute what other people including this ex member know or have gone through. All I know is that I’ve been healed, delivered and my spiritual life has changed for the bettter.

• Evelyn

December 2, 2018 at 3:47 pm

God bless you …..

prophet TB Joshua is doing God’s assignment. I don’t care whether he sins or not, what about King David he comitted horrible sins, adultery and killed the woman’s husband to cover up but God forgave him and was called man closed to God’s heart. His son king Solomon ever known womenizer with eight hundreds wives and three hundreds cuncubines/mistresses, he also murdered his elder half brother over a woman, still king Solomon was the first king to build God’s temple , the temple still exist in jerusalem and an ex-muslim lady prayed there the king solomon’s prayer and was healed of cancer (Fatima exmuslim testmony on youtube)

20. Ikechukwu

December 1, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Haha! Thasame they said of Lord chosen ministry Mouka now T. B Joshua. Please Bisola and the Author, you that has real power open your ministry and demonstrate God’s power. People are tired of long stories remember what happened in the scripture Acts 16 : 16-24 Paul and possessed slave girl. Once again please if you can not deliver these men leave them alone.

21. Aare farmland

December 1, 2018 at 9:54 pm

As an acquaintance will say, he is one of the best babalawo’s in town.

22. dorah

December 1, 2018 at 10:51 pm

What you dont know you call names, what you know you will destroy. Poor you. T.v. Joshua is a true man of God.

23. CAMBIASO

December 1, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Another Con Artiste being exposed! Of course in any civilized country, he would have already been in jail under vicarious liability for the negligent homicide of hundreds of worshipers. Smdh.

24. Tina

December 2, 2018 at 4:03 am

Hello,
    I personally think it’s better to judge one
    after having an encounter with the person, rather than believing another person’s judgement.

The greatest gift Our Heavenly Father has given to us , is the ability to make ” choice” . So you’re free to choose whatever you want to believe in.

So as a free born and free thinker, I would suggest you visit their website at
    http://www.emmanuel.tv and thereafter, you can pass your judgement.

Peace out to everyone.

25. Martins Clerck

December 2, 2018 at 8:01 am

You know what? In the bible, there were pharisees, saduces, scribes as a traitors to the promotion of Gods words given to us by his son Jesus Christ
    So as you can see scribes writen and now the saduces have to paint it for the world to hear and the pharisees have to plan his destruction
    Keep on condeming the men of God by their doings and activities, the more you condemed the more the grace of God in their every secons, minutes, hours on their daily running activities
    The bible says; judge not so that you shall not be judge…So also another chapter says; Touch not my anoited and do my prophet no harm
    So my people mind your business and face your own life….My advised for you plan your rightiousness of how to make heaven. God, bless you all

26. Bowl

December 2, 2018 at 8:44 am

I meant corroborate

27. CYPRIAN CHIDI

December 2, 2018 at 1:49 pm

The devil is holding many of our people captive and the only true place to get genuine deliverance is at Sinagouge Church of All nations through the humble leader : PROPHETE T B JOSHUA.Humble
    Servant of GOD most high.
    May GOD forgive those that are writing fake stories blinding Nigerians only from the blessing of GOD and paving way for only foreigners from all over the world.

28. Tracy

December 2, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Tb Joshua is a true prophet, you just have demons that want to tarnish his name but you have failed. Shame of you

• Tracy

December 2, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Shame on you

29. Ebele

December 2, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Hello,It is clear the preaching of the Original Prophet Tb Joshua ,he said what peoples knows they destroy but What they don’t know they call names, but for me and my family we are catholic Reside in douala since discover we discover Tb Joshua in 2018 we called Original prophets,never seen someone like him and I have been flying to scoan 31 times now ,even on 25th Nov 2018 I was there with my wife.thanks

30. Ebele

December 2, 2018 at 9:05 pm

I mean I discover Original prophet Tb Joshua since 2008 through satelite not 2018 so it 10years now I have watching and flying to scoan ,now my 25th Nov 2018 crowned it 31 times i have been visiting scoan so no-one can tell fake stories about tb Joshua bcs I have seen many instant miracle with my two eyes live in the front of scoan .God bless more Tb joshua

31. Elle

December 2, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Emmanuel tv seems to have directed their people here, all these people we’ve never seen before on BN all of a sudden dropping comments. You all need to realise that there is freedom of speech, and people are entitled to their opinions.

• Nedus

December 3, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Elle or whatsoever you call yourself, so because of your vain opinion/observation people of like minds with you will fake stories post them here and expect us not to react on those lies, mind you, millions of people goes through this BN news daily but they can only respond to ones that concerns them, so stop being childish!

• Elle

December 3, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Nedus, na so e pain you? See them! You call yourself a Christian yet you are so aggressive and rude, is that what the Bible teaches you?

32. Udegbunam Chukwudi

December 3, 2018 at 7:11 am

Lord knows how many HIV patients he has f***ed up with his silly miracles. Thunder fire person and other pastors following in his footsteps! And before anybody starts foaming for mouth, I’m just speaking from personal one on one experience with HIV infected patients who have gone to him seeking miracles. A family friend that went for stroke miracle sef no make am. Just ended up wasting his money on yeye miracle

33. xqsyou

December 4, 2018 at 5:01 am

@Mrs chidukane You’re right and spot on about how the TB Joshua “church” started and how they rebranded.
    And may THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY REBUKE YOU OH SATAN. MAY THE LORD REBUKE THE SPIRIT BEHIND ALL THE EVIL ARMY IN THIS COMMENT SECTION AFFIRMING AND DEFENDING THE DEMONIC MINSTRY OF TB Joshua. Your mission here will not prosper in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

34. 9ja

December 4, 2018 at 11:59 pm

Zombie o, zombie…
    Zombie o, zombie!

35. aKPORGbomogbomo

December 21, 2018 at 2:17 pm

I go to SCOAN every month from several path of the country. I know what I’ve seen in SCOAN. God is there live. Miracles are real. I mean instant miracles and testimonies.