Posted on Friday, June 11th, 2010 at 3:21 PM

By BellaNaija.com

On Thursday 10th June 2010, the biggest international TV awards ceremony was held in glamorous Monte Carlo. Stars from all over the world converged as the Golden Nymph Awards were held as part of the week long Monte Carlo TV Festival. As this year marks the 50th anniversary of the TV festival, it was extra special – stars from the world’s most popular TV shows including CSI, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, NCIS, Spartacus, The Mentalist, Law & Order and many others converged on the red carpet and in the venue to celebrate the best of TV in 2009/2010.

Nigerian production company, Royal Roots received 5 nominations for their TV show, “My Mum & I“. Ufuoma Ejenobor and Aramide Okegbenro were both nominated in the Outstanding Actress (Comedy) category. Gregory Odutayo and Deborah Odutayo were nominated in the International Outstanding Producer (Comedy) category and Gbenga Windapo was nominated in the Outstanding Actor (Comedy) category. Though they did not clinch any wins, it was an enriching and rewarding experience for all involved.

Congrats to the nominees! Great to see Nigeria represented. Hopefully it inspires them and others to improve the quality of Nigerian TV content. Big congrats to Ufuoma – its been a thrilling few months, she graduated with her Masters degree in Public & International Affairs, got married to her heartthrob and now this!

Stars at the event

The Mentalist star - Actor Simon Baker (L) and his wife Rebecca Rigg

Ex-James Bond, Roger Moore and his wife Kristina Tholstrup

Joe Mantegna (Criminal Minds), Dana Delany (Desperate Housewives) , Prince Albert II of Monaco, Julie Benz (Dexter) and Simon Baker (Mentalist)

The Nigerian Contingent – Candids

Mary Nwagwu and Producer Debbie Odutayo | Ufuoma with Mary Nwagwu | Ufuoma with Law & Order SVU star, Ice T

Ufuoma with NCIS star LL Cool J | Ufuoma & Mary | Ufuoma mingles with fellow nominee

Photo Credit: Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images Europe) via Zimbio.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags:

• Custom Search
  • 45 Comments on “Nigeria’s Ufuoma Ejenobor shines among the stars at the Monte Carlo TV Festival Golden Nymph Awards in Monaco”

Comments
    • fokasibe June 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM

she try…doooo!! Ufoma…

• reen June 11, 2010 at 4:11 PM

nothing fantastic really

• Bigzgelz June 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Good luck to her.

• brenda June 11, 2010 at 4:21 PM

couldnt she ve worn something better?

• DU June 11, 2010 at 4:28 PM

go girl

• Aibee June 11, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I’m happy for her. Just goes to show that what you do in your little corner of Nigeria will be shopwn to the world if it is good enough. Way to go girl.

• Molicious June 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I like what she’s wearing (less is more)….neways way to go girl!

• gbekun June 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM

she looks great in that outfit BRENDA! bad belle! biko go and sit down.

• susu June 11, 2010 at 5:30 PM

i love d ankara dress its truly african

• TrueTalk June 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Go girl! Omote you are doing us proud. Meanwhile, is she the same girl
      that was in that Lagbaja video? Nice, very nice.

• bronnamdi weitdeit June 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Ufuoma is great. What a great thing to see Nigerian TV shows nominated for International Awards.
      “My Mum and I” is a good and hilarious TV show any day. Keep it up.

• Vera Ezimora June 11, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Congrats to Ufuoma!!! I’m so proud of her. I’m especially happy that she even wore an African attire. Kudos. Not many people would do that. Go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tatafo! June 11, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Go Ufuoma!!!! Well done girl!

• Anita June 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Ufoma thanks for making us proud nigerians. i know it must have taking a lot of hard work to be there being among prince albat, ex 007 roger moore and his beutifull wife, ll cool j, ice cube and other A list stars. donn’t mind those haters and criticising people out there who cann’t even do one of what you are doing. If they think is that easy then they should be there standing with you. (envious and jeolous people who will do any thing to be in your shoe) just keep rasing the flag and the lord will be your strenght.

• Xtina June 11, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I agree with Brenda s he could have worn something better, nothing to do with bad belle. Happy for her though

• chibaby June 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM

cool,pls congrats,its not easy girl!

• Bigzgelz June 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I seriously suspect some of these ppl come here to comment with aliases…buhahaha!

• Passerby June 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Is this some sort of a joke or spoof? Has anyone SEEN the TV show “My Mum & I”? GOD AWFUL & indescribably poor acting.. That they were even considered not to mention nominated is unfathomable honestly!

• jennietobbie June 12, 2010 at 6:02 AM

congrats girl

• Bet June 12, 2010 at 12:02 PM

its sad that pple outside appreciate our talents better than we do! Ufoma congratulations and God bless u for such a huge acheivment! And as for d haters! Watch is all u will be able to do while talents like ufoma take over and get international recognition that u may never come close to if u don’t stop hating. Peace pple.

• Nollywood Forever June 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Love the pictures… Ufuoma looks great… and a big congrats to her…

• Ujubaby June 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM

wow, u go girl!

• OlucciArmani June 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

She looks fabulous…..COngrats Babe!
      When appreciation is required, we find a way to judge!…if its not the attire, its the way shes posing or the way she packed her hair….PEOPLE PLS!…Be more appreciative!

• chichibaby June 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM

i love that show my mum and i!

• fruity June 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM

@passerby-I TOTALLY AGREE
      The show is jst not it AT ALL…………..The one episode i actually sat down 2 watch is enough 4 me 4 a lifetime…………………………No biff 2 ufuoma oh………Think she’s rily pretty and all and happy 4 her concerning her wedding and all,but mehn,dt show,d director/producer needs 2 go back 2 d drawing board………..The concept is aite, but evry oda thing is wrong wiv d show…….. didnt vn know it was a comedy!!

• sally June 13, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Frank Oshodi or Data Okorodudu would have done something more meaningful.she didnt look stunning at all.

• Myne Whitman June 13, 2010 at 8:39 PM

She looks great!

• ufuoma's stan June 14, 2010 at 11:17 AM

@myne, i sincerely agree with you. Some people :) dont understand originality. They wld most times go for unoriginality just to stay safe. Ufuoma congratulations.

• sparkle June 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Gosh! peeps appreciate her,this is really smtin 4 nollywood.her attire is perfect.

• Brenda With Brain June 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM

BReNDa don’t you think she should have worn a Diamond dress don’t you?
      Dafti
      You are damn so Daft.

• BEYONCEH June 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Well done gal, llove the dress, fits her perfrctly,,,,,,,,,,u go gal

• Biblo June 14, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Luv her outfit…Although i’v never hrd of d ‘My mum & I.’

• Omada June 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

there’s nothing wrong with what she’s wearing…
      am surprised that show got nominated though, watched it b4 and its just ok…

• gaddy June 17, 2010 at 7:41 AM

d show is terrible and her dress?? even worse..
      she cud have worn smthn else african and still
      looked nice. take a cue from nnaji.

• bukky June 18, 2010 at 3:26 AM

wow!I see Roger Moore

• anjay June 18, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Lets be honest…..the show is terrible with bad acting and unoriginal scripts. Dont know how she got nominated

• lorlah June 18, 2010 at 6:48 PM

kul, well more grease to her elbows and may God bless her

• Chi June 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I honestly do not care about her dress cos I really think she looks very nice. Everyone doesn’t have to wear a designer dress, Red Carpet or Green Carpet. My absolute concern is the Trash show ‘ My Mum and I’ that got nominated. I like to watch a lot of Nigerian TV whenever I find the time and twice I watched the show put me off forever. Bad acting at its worst. Mum and Daughter roles are so disjointed from one another. I am also concerned that it is this crap that got nominated. Whatever happened to TV like Wale Adenuga’s series, Super story etc.

• Kay.. June 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM

abeg leave wat she was wearing, it wasn’t my definition f great, but she was still stunning, n i bet u the foreigners appreciate her ankara more than we do…so leave her, i’m just sooo happy for her…many more for u jare…way 2 go!

• Joanne Benjamin-Oderinde June 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM

She looks great, love her dress. Congrats to her on her marriage and masters.

• Nefertity June 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM

this is understated elegance epitomized………………who says she should have
      worn something else? puuuuuuhhhhhhhleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
      she representing our mother land…………….

• sucess adams August 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM

yes fuoma really deserve it cudos babe d sky is ur limit, nothin can stop u kno
      w.

• stella-mundis October 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM

kudooooooos, ufuoma if may may know one secreet, u are one of my Nigerian role Models out of 3.sincersly i love your attaire, big aunty

• bankizzle November 15, 2010 at 8:12 AM

i dont see anything wrong in what shes wearing…it looks great on her and she is definitely repping Africa well…good job chic!

• Mike July 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I dn’t c natin wrang witha show “My mom and I “staf or her attire bt dat funny posture just daz nt fit men.