BN Style Picks: Best Dressed – January/February 2011 – Vote NOW

Posted on Monday, February 28th, 2011 at 11:51 PM

By Ijeoma Ndekwu

Hiya,

We are trying out new features for BN Style in 2011. In addition to Style Spotlight, Pick Your Fave, Collection to Closet and My Style (which will be making a comeback soon), we are exploring other new features including this one.

Each month, based on reader comments and editorial picks, we will be presenting our BN Style Picks for Best Dressed each month. The poll/post will be published at the end of each month.
Our fabulous BN readers will have an opportunity to vote (The poll will stay open for 2 weeks) and then we’ll crown our style queen for the month.
Since we are kicking this off now, we have merged January and February for the first edition. We made a deliberate effort to seek out a variety of looks from structured to vintage to ankara – there is definitely a mixed bag of looks…

All these ladies look uber-fab, let’s keep it positive and light.

Tope Phil-Ebosie at the Kareema Mak Launch

Omowunmi Akinnifesi in House of Nwocha at the 2011 Future Awards

Lolade Abiola in Kareema Mak at the KM Launch

Zara Okpara in Bridget Awosika (skirt) at the Polo Rolex Event

Uju Offiah in Meena at the MANIA Magazine Launch

Vanessa Sulaiman at the Quintessentially Lounge Launch Event

Makida Moka at the MANIA Magazine Launch

Thanks so much for your feedback from the first edition, based on your feedback, we will be placing the looks in two categories. Daytime Fab and Nighttime Glam – To simplify the process, both will be added to the same poll. The highest rated Daytime look wins for Daytime and the highest rated Nighttime look wins for Nighttime!

Therefore, for January/February 2011, Genevieve Nnaji dressed in St Genevieve at the Enthyst Place Launch with 22% of the total votes came out tops for Daytime and Omowunmi Akinnifesi at the 2011 Future Awards in a dress by House of Nwocha with 17% scored for Nighttime.

BN Style Picks: Best Dressed – January/February 2011

Photo Credit: BellaNaija.com | Kola Oshalusi | Temple Muse – Emma Nwabudu | OnoBello.com |

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 123 Comments on “BN Style Picks: Best Dressed – January/February 2011 – Vote NOW”

Comments
    • Miss Face March 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Yayyyy! so happy that most of us BellaNaijites are voting for geneveive’s ankara number with the skinny belt and that hair____Gorgeous! The main ingredient to a woman’s outfit is confidence and genny has an extra dose of that. dont know why some(wont mention names) were even nominated but its all good.That genny is one classy lady, she cleaned up real good.Go genny, go genny……..

• bobbydox March 1, 2011 at 3:47 PM

na because say una sabi better thin jare

• Akuka March 2, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Indeed,she is such a beauty..i love her to bits!!!

• Linda March 2, 2011 at 3:31 PM

OMOWUNMI AKINNIFESI.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nn n.

• chichi March 2, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Did anyone notice that gen is wearing an engagement ring in the first pic

• Moving On March 1, 2011 at 12:07 AM

WoW, 1st to comment, I like all :D

• Kerosene March 1, 2011 at 12:37 AM

not quite…like the amaka would say

• THE AMAKA March 1, 2011 at 2:09 AM

try again!

• Ready March 1, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Nah boo, more like second.

• Yetunde March 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM

OMOWUNMI AKINNIFESI looks fabulous she just has to win unless this stuff is a 419 lie lie compeetition. Benny looks good but regular,old n dry.I beg jare…she looks like house girl. Omowunmi is just Classy and FRESH. If I see that girl I will jump on her #nohomo.lolllll

• II March 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Eku edewor and Gene did it for me…

• NEE March 1, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Eku Edewor definitely…. it was just simply lovely with a bedazzling effect

• Dele March 1, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Nope neva. Omowunmi Looks like she’s at the Oscars!!! She wins

• Weiwei March 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM

totally!

• Ready March 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Too many choices…I don’t know who to pick. Can we do a run-off or like a round type of thing?

• Lilian March 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I agree.
        BN Team could you help us narrow our choices perhaps by focusing on themes eg an ankara theme for Jan, an evening wear theme in Feb etc. As it is there are so many but varied nice options here, that selecting one becomes quite hard

• Anya March 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Bella which kain list be dis? It’s to hard to pick, how I suppose choose genny over ono bello or eku edewor or the beautiful, gorgeous delicious tope phil-ebosie? ehn bella?! how you wan make i pick. dis is a betrayal of my admiration for all these ladies!

• BC March 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Monalisa Chinda and Genevieve!

Monalisa’s number is unforgetable. I like Gene’s blue # with the lil belt. Cute.

• ihy March 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM

for future posts, i think it’s best if we had fewer choices say 5. there are too many choices i can’t make up my mind.

• FlyNaija March 1, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I miss seeing that Adaku Ufere girl on the red carpet, she has serious fierce style. Im sure she wld hav killed this list, whr has she been sef?

• SecretStyleQueen March 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Why?Its good seeing some new faces abeg,her own was 2 much.Iv said it before and i will say it asgain, peoples roles should be defined in this society.shes not even a celebrity just bcos shes rich and patronises her designer friends and probably has friends on bn does not make her well dressed.

im loving this list,especially omowunmi akinifesi. goddess toh bad.

• Layide March 1, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Is this why we’re here tho? Smh at unnecessary hating.

• babylawyer March 1, 2011 at 6:31 PM

So only ‘celebrities’ should be acknowledged for having a sense of style? And society should have defined roles for fashion? Read what you wrote again please

• chinelo March 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM

na so

• Lynda March 1, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Wow!! So many great styles….. But Ene Maya Lawani does it! Outstanding !!!!! My choice for best dressed.

• elleven March 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM

i wish i can vote for all of them.. but i already did my vote ..genny ur the gal

• Titi March 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM

I like the idea but can I suggest you break it down like best dressed in evening gown, then best dressed in casual wear. It is hard to compare someone dressed for black tie to someone wearing jeans.

• Still waffles March 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Yaaaayyyyy!!!!
      well done bella on this new feature and i’m sure we’ll have fun voting for the naija fashionistas doing their thing rocking their fab gears…however, i think it would be neater if we voted from pictures from the same event.
      Its hard to choose from the pictures above because these are all different events ranging from proper red carpet, to weddings, to premieres to more casual events.
      i think pictures from the same event be posted, this will give everyone a fair chance.
      Just a thought…

• Toriola March 1, 2011 at 2:04 AM

ugh…too many choices, it’s a popularity contest and next thing, we will be calling our clan to come and vote for us o….hhehehhe. SHould have been limited to top 5 or fewer. Geez, bella did you have to nominate all ur friends? lol…j/k.

Seriously though, i don’t get how and why some people made the cut to beging wiht. we are here comparing casual wear with formal wear with cocktail wear. anyway, i am voting for Jamilla Belo-Osagie and it’s cos i bought the same dress from bloomingdales, didn’t know what to do with it until i saw her wear it and tied it to the back. i was this close to dashing the dress to salvation army. :D

• THE AMAKA March 1, 2011 at 2:10 AM

half the people didn’t even deserve to be nominated for best of anything. too many simple outfits that i could have easily thrown together.
      genevieve in st genevieve gets my vote!

• Sophie March 1, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I love Omowunmi’s no’ hands down…it speaks class, virtue, confidence, style and presence so effortlessly. I am not her biggest fan but from this post she stands out so uniquely.
      My 2nd pick is that Omotola’s dress (Anyone with diarrhea can sue me for mentioning her) i love the lace style and confidence she rocks it with, which is obvious with that natural smile.
      3rd is Genevieve’s ankara, the style and accessories work it *wickidly* but i disapprove her poise and pout, who does that anymore these days?

• Elpee March 1, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Bella, I think they are too many options to pick from. The list should be shortened to max 10 people. That makes it easier to get accurate results. As it is, its too saturated.

Most of the ladies look good. I really love the first lady’s top. Its so delicately gorgeous. I’m in love. She’s my best dressed just cuz of that top.

I think Omotola went overkill adding that necklace to the dress with the busy lace details going on already. And she should wear loosely fitted clothes since her tummy’s bigger.

• ClassyFemme March 1, 2011 at 3:04 AM

You should’ve split it up in formal and informal categories because some of these looks are incomparable ex. Ono’s and Zara’s…..all the choices are cute though :)

• Mary007 March 1, 2011 at 4:05 AM

BN is there a way to ensure each person votes only once? or each time I come online I can vote?

• The Bola March 1, 2011 at 4:52 AM

Tope’s(the first girl)style is unique.
      Omawunmi’s looks fab mehn

• Kay March 1, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Monalisa Chinda!

• TEMMY March 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Omotola did it all,lovely dress and natural smile,u gat ma vote sexy…

• Mousepad March 1, 2011 at 9:29 AM

My vote goes to Olohi!! her outfit and the way she carried it is fabulous!

• hardaytutu March 1, 2011 at 9:30 AM

always genny, me like genny too much always standing out

• bumi March 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM

GENEVIVE!! plzzzzzz! the dress with d tinny belt! just killed it all! and ono bello’s dress! omowumi coulda made it with that red dress, but its just too red and too longggg for that fabric! its to much and too old fash’ so excuse meee!! genevive plzz!

• mii March 1, 2011 at 10:01 AM

go gene!! thou i prefer the other jumpsuit gene :)

• Kilonsparkles March 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM

That is a stunning photo of Eku Edewor!

• Lady Mass March 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM

My vote will goes to
      first choice is : Eku Edewor( did not like the purse but she kept it simple and classy…she did not add too much drama to it….love it….
      Second choice: Gennevieve in the african fabric love it simple and classy but did not like the sandal and nails polish…
      3 choiceEne Maya Lawani really did not like the sandal but it alright I guess…
      Last choice:Bubu Ogisi really like it….not sure of the head tie there,,,but she stay kept it simple , classy and rock it well…

• diva March 1, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Nigerians have a great taste of fashion. theres no doubt about that. i absolutely like their ideas…..each and everyone of them is unique and outstanding in its own way

• temi March 1, 2011 at 10:45 AM

My vote is for the 1st lady, her combination is superb and she looks gorgeous.Gene’s ankara outfit is lovely though but the 1st lady will command everyone’s attention.And pls as for Omotola, haba pple be realistic i beg!

• Esther March 1, 2011 at 11:13 AM

lovely i vote for Omotola

• ruzystone March 1, 2011 at 11:25 AM

nice……….. Genny ur the girl i admire ur courage….go girl

• Lil miss sunshine March 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM

at the end of the day it is all about consistency , women who never disappoint you in any occassion. On that note i will go with Omowunmi and Genevive

• sallybonne March 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM

secret style queen who u referin to

• StephanieIj March 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Jamilla gets my vote..
      Eku Edewor’s so exquisite…
      Omowunmi really gorgeous as always..
      Omotola’s look just upset me…
      I prefer Genevieve in Meena…

• demilade March 1, 2011 at 1:16 PM

love the voting bit!!!

• FASHION POLICE March 1, 2011 at 1:28 PM

MOST OF THE LADIES LOOK GORGEOUS. BUT SOME I WILL SAY DO NOT BELONG TO THIS CATEGORY OF BEST DRESSED.
      GENE’S ANKARA AND THE ASSEMBLING IS LOVELY BUT I HATE TO LOOK DOWN TO HER LEGS. EKU EDEWOR, LOVELY BUT I WILL SAY INAPPROPRIATE. OMOTOLA, OVER ALL OKAY COMPARED WITH THE PREVIOUS BUT THE LACE AND THE BEADS LOOKS TACKY. MONALISA, GORGEOUS STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. DOLAPO WILL HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER IF THE BOOBS WERE AT THE APPROPRIATE PLACE IT WAS MEANT TO BE. OMOWUNMI, VERY CLASSY, NEXT TIME SHOULD EITHER FULL COVER LEGS OR THE ARMS AND NOT BOTH, ESPECIALLY WHEN WORKING WITH VERY BRIGHT RED.

• Essence March 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM

For Eku Edewor, I must disagree with you. what kind of event was it that makes it inappropriate?

• bgal March 1, 2011 at 1:41 PM

gennnnnnnnnnny :)))

• NIRA March 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I love genny’s dress, and bella pls reduce the numbers, it gets kinda confusing when there’re a lot to choose from. Meanwhile SOME PPL SHOULD NOT BE ON THIS LIST AT ALL!!!!

• essentricshe March 1, 2011 at 2:39 PM

makida in iamISIGO jacket!!!!!!

• Nefetiti March 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM

How can anyone not love Omowunmi in that Red dress!? STUNNING !

• Lha March 1, 2011 at 3:08 PM

A lot of the ladies look really good but the quirkiest of them get my vote; Tope Phil Ebosie! Bubu Ogisi too. Love women that stand out, not the regular wallpapers…

• TRINAH March 1, 2011 at 9:42 PM

DOUBLE LOL,,,,,,,,,,SO U DON’T WANT GENE TO WIN AGAIN?,,,,,,ABI U OOO

• bel March 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Genny has an advantage here cos shes a celeb dat everybody loes!!! i think we should have a different best dresses list for celebs and den regulare people

• Miss ATL March 1, 2011 at 3:18 PM

:( I can’t decide which one I like best

I concur with the general response asking for fewer choices next time – and splitting between casual and dressy.

My picks though, in no particular order
      Eku
      Olohi (I still want that blazer)
      Genevieve in Meena

• kreamy March 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Luv genny in st. Genny. I av seen Eku in nicer outfit bella.

• AK March 1, 2011 at 3:29 PM

GENNEEEEEEEEEE

• Tiki March 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Genevieve, Omuwunmi, Tope…in that order! BN, this was fierce fun, thanx! but next time pls don’t make me choose btw jeans and formal wear? coz Olohi looked hawt too!

• missy March 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM

omotola looks sytunning asin mehn babe toh bad

• bobbydox March 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM

all of una sabi better things oooooooooooooooooooo infact na now i know o hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm GENEVIEVE Nnaji surely kills it @ d Enthyst event i also love Eku and Omowunmi’s outfit

• Chibaby March 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Omuwunmi, Monalisa, Gene, and Jania in that order.

• chicnicity March 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM

whoelse other than mowunmi, genny n eku edewor…they sure rocked the social scene! but without being biased il give it to Genny….she ticked

• Kathryn Cage March 1, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Of course genyy is our own Naija sweetheart but i vote for Makida. Zara is lovely and so is Eku and so is Jamila. Omo sexy, you are an A-List in this country, we don’t want to see your bra and spandex peeking at us from a sheer lace fabric that is supposed to show just skin, do better next time, i love you.

• Sassy Diva March 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM

ok, 1. Makida Moka 2. Eku 3. Genevieve…simply chic and elegant …kia

• A. March 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Jania Ochonogor. I don’t know who she is but she looks so elegant!

• babe March 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Please, genevieves style is too naija for my liking. i noticed nigerians like a particular type of style…and thats genevieves ( hate the shoes btw). i dont like the womans style its just alright. not fantastic…very naija. i like temitope phil-ebosie IMHO shes the best.

all you genevieve fans bite me :P

• Toriola March 1, 2011 at 11:04 PM

i thot i was the only one who noticed the shoes…alongside the blue nail polish that’s why i mechionu gi

• foolish talk March 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Tope and Makida and Zara were probably the most creative with their outfits. That being said both Tope and Zara are stylists. way to go for being original. I love this feature. Everyone looks nice :) smiles.

• Dawn March 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Tope Phil-Ebosie

• Taye March 1, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Err no Babe, we won’t bite you cause you are seeking attention and we won’t give it to you. Oops! I just gave it to you :).
      Now, as a proud NIGERIAN!!!.. I vote Genny in St.Genevieve. Followed by Eku, then Monalisa and finally Makida.

• Dee gurl March 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM

All are nice but Genny is my pick…Keep it up girl..

• joy March 1, 2011 at 9:41 PM

BellaNaija, pple look up to your site for inspiration. I think this is a brilliant idea but it will be better if you include a section for best dressed men as well so as to encourage them to look good to events as well. Thank you

• TRINAH March 1, 2011 at 9:54 PM

GENE MY GAL,,, U MADE MY DAY WITH THAT DRESS,,,,,VERY LOVELY,,,,,,,,IF I WOULD CHOSE TOP 5 IT WOULD BE: GENNY -ST GENEVIEVE, EKU, OMAUMI, GENE -IN MEENA AND MONALISA,,,,,,,,IN THAT ORDER,,,IN ASCENDING ORDER……

• justme March 2, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Omawumi killed it .. #1, no contest.

• justme March 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM

1.Omowunmi Akinnifesi in House of Nwocha at the 2011 Future Awards
      2.Eku Edewor at the Grey Goose – A Toast to Taste – Event
      3.Genevieve Nnaji in St Genevieve at the Enthyst Place Launch

• Afad March 2, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Everyone looks great, but Lade Fadoju looks absolutely FLAWLESS. I love how she made a plain white button shirt, leather skirt, and accessories look so FLY!!!!! Simple, stunning, and effortless.

• kelechim diorgu March 2, 2011 at 3:41 AM

just so many good styles to choose from…..d first one is very attractive though..

• THE AMAKA March 2, 2011 at 4:39 AM

its funny because for people to be saying they don’t really like House of Nwocha, everyone sure did adore Omowunmi’s dress!

• Monnie in Missouri March 2, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Love the look of Tope Phil-Ebosie at the Kareema Mak Launch…so shabby chic yet elegant and vintage working all at the same time!

• joy March 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM

BellaNaija, pple look up to your site for inspiration. I think this is a brilliant idea but it will be better if you include a section for best dressed men as well so as to encourage them to look good to events as well. Thanx

• tanya March 2, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Genevive (on both counts)i have to hand it to her,the woman looks great, Omowunmi, Eku and Lolade in that order.

• tanya March 2, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Genevive minus the shoes and nail polish*sorry*

• Oma March 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Omowunmi looks vintage.
      Uju and Eku look sleek and chic.

• julit March 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

ene maya’s dress isn’t aqua and una no put am! Why? Let’s be real and call a spade a frigging spade eh! Kmt. It is asos joh o! This is how pple lie and make others feel inferior. Eko girls 4 lies and fake life

• q-styl March 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I think best dressed candidates should be picked from one particular event, so we expect a particular level of fabulousnes from everyone.

• bala March 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Omosexy for sure! Beautiful body, beautiful smile , good tailoring!

• cathy March 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM

omawonmi akinifese has got it.goddamn it the way the dress hugs her body is a wow! for me. damn it i’ll ve to work on my tommy cos that dress would luk real nice on me. im dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• G March 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM

@julit,u get beef with the ene maya?take your beef else where jealous woman,,we are here to vote best dressed and admire beautiful dress.the dress ene maya wore suits very well and looks better in person than pictures,I was at the polo event and I remember I had my eyes on her through out the event,although the best dressed in this list goes to my darling Gene.That jumpsuit was made for your body only.

• tolu March 3, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Its not right to throw all of them in thesame category. Formal, informal and bearing in mind that they are all at different types of events. Anyhu, I’ll pick Olohi. Unlike most of the others, she doesn’t try too hard, everything just flows. Loves her

• Olivia March 3, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Genny’s ankara
      Monalisa, very elegant n simple and such a sexy back
      Omawunmi-SO FAB! (wish the hand had been strappy n not all covered though)
      Genny’s pant suit(it was just so perfect on her bod/frame, it hung on her as if her body is a manneqine(sp?)
      EKu Edewor’s HOT! little black #…..

• Yumium March 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM

okay so genevieve appears twice??? right!
      anyway, while her style is good, her first pic is a ‘date’ look. the result can’t be accurate because the ladies (and gent) are not at the same event. #justsaying

• AS March 3, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Now I am convinced Nigerians don’t know how to think for themselves. It is always follow follow or the richest person or the most popular person that they want to be associated with. You can’t even compare what the first girl (Tope Phil Ebosie) has on from head to toe to any other girl, but then again I do concur that there are way too many ladies on the list to be voting for and they also need to be grouped up in similar styles or themes or whateva!

• roza March 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM

OmoTOLA ROCKSSSSSS , i vote Omosexy. what the heck is this Kathryn saying? genny looks ordinary gosh….. then second choice, Eku.

• Fifi March 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Without trying to put anyone else down to prove a point, Genevieve looks good in her own design. She dresses appropriately for every event and that hair is on point. What weave is that?
      I also like Omotola’s dress..minus bulge and visible spanx. Then Eku who is just absolutely stunning in that LBD number.

• Ojay March 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Well it not so fair to judge in this context cos the shoot are taking from different occasions and events.Just that i am always down with Genevieve ‘cos she has this humble looks that carries no extravagance and still look good in any dress.

• Essence March 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Are these votes sentimental or what? Anyway, I will go for Eku Edewor at the Grey Goose – A Toast to Taste – Event any day. It is fun and flirty. Genevive’s outfit is lovely but come on, it is same old thing – Brazillian hair with designer label bag, and ankara. Nothing exciting for me.

• Fela March 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM

A few things I really wouldn’t mind clarification on; and please, I have no ounce of beef or iota of envy in me. This is actually my first time post.

- Are these pictures from events that happened only in the months of January & February?
      - Is there a reason why Genevieve has two chances, therefore confusing the results? I mean, if you think both outfits are just too beautiful then you’ve already chosen a winner so what is the purpose of this?
      - Are some people posted just to take up space or instigate a web riot? Can Omotola even breathe in that otherwise beautiful gown to be called best dressed?
      - Are some people even screwed over so they don’t get a chance? I’m not sure how we are supposed to appreciate Vanessa Sulaimans outfit in the dark.
      - Are we being objective and sticking to the essence of this post being BEST DRESSED or we are voting our friends? Lade Fadoju honestly has up to 5%?

Maybe I’m just not fashionista enough, but the choice seems too much; the levels and categories are too many; and some people have clearly an unfair advantage. No-one asked to be put in this so to get 0% for what you think is your best outfit is just disheartening. I am not encouraged to come out from under my rock.
      ANYWAY!
      That being said, my vote goes to Jamilla. Best-dressed her effortlessness almost makes me believe that I too can pull off that style.

• yinka March 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

i love Tope Phil ebosie’s style cos it unique,quirky and works,on the edge but not totally.the others are just regular.so she wins(for me o).Genevieve in Meena i also like but how come she has 2entries?not so level playing field,is it

• maureen bergwijn March 3, 2011 at 6:41 PM

i vote genevieve nnaji she is the best dressed actress

• uchechi March 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Omowunmi…HON!!

• ijubreel March 3, 2011 at 10:29 PM

omawunmi did it for me followed by eku edewor. omotola rerally needs to get her act together. pardon me but dat picture of her in dat dress shouldn’t be here in d first place.

• bugo March 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM

wow!secretstylequeen is so angry….
      so only celebrities are allowed to be on BN?skeeeeeeeeeeen

• oo March 4, 2011 at 3:00 AM

This is the dumbest poll ever

I think i can comfortably ask “y so many nominees???”

• babylawyer March 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM

bella nice concept, but could you try fewer nominees next time and possibly more than one outfit? Better still show pictures of their styles across different genres of fashion (and for a bit more spark, display the outfits the nominees wore to the same events, so that we really compare styles)

Hard to vote amongst the bunch above because for some of them you posted just one picture, not enough to tell if they looked that good all month.

Will vote Genevieve and Eku though, not just because their pictures above look good but because if they consistently look good.

• bobbydox March 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM

guys vote vote

• sade oyewole March 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Eku Edewor is the best dressed, she combined edgy with classy. FAB!

• efe dee March 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM

dont think gene killed it oh!!! Nice dress, faboulous outfit, but whats with the shoes!!! They look and feel chunky

• PJ March 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM

The category is too broad, by this I mean there is someone in Jeans; this is casual. Some were at Award ceremonies; they look more elegant. So its actually difficult to vote. However, I voted Omowumi simply because she was elegant and she ticked all the right boxes for the occasion she went for. She had the classy lace, body hugging dress in one of the latest red carpet colours. She even did the red before all the stars at this year’s Oscars. I also like Genevieve at St Genevieve however, I think the outfit was not well accessorized. A big LV bag with the shoes and that dress, I think its a no no

• Dami March 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Genny looks fabulous in the st genevieve outfit! but I’ve voted for Zara cuz I love her style..see why here

• Labelle March 7, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Not ‘wow’ed by any outfit but i can see myself in Makida’s outfit hence i pick her. Genevieve’s ankara is simple but classy, i think the allure in this case is the person not the outfit. Bellanaija i think we can do better for a style pick?! Just my opinion….

• Labelle March 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Not ‘wow’ed by any outfit but i can see myself in Makida’s outfit hence i pick her (though it does look a bit like she’s swimming in it). Genevieve’s ankara is simple but classy, i think the allure in this case is the person not the outfit. Bellanaija i think we can do better for a style pick?! Just my opinion….

• skellewannabreak March 10, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Phew!!!!!! I’m sooooo confusedt olohi cute jacket, Maya i want yur dress, bubu yew r hawt. I like almost all, bt sme pple shuld not be here now haba bella naija take time o.

• Marea March 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM

1. Eku Edewor at the Grey Goose – A Toast to Taste – Event

2. Jania Ochonogor at the Polo Rolex Event

• eby May 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM

omo sexy, is da bomb only the tommy kills it all.

• igbofille July 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Eku is style personified, Genevieve hardly impresses me with her hair and outfits even though I like her as a person I don’t feel her fashion sense, Omotola should not wear what projects her flaws I mean her big tummy, we know she is a mother of four but please wear your size next time. I think the first time I ever saw Omowunmi’s picture she was wearing a darker shade of that dress, suits her though but she should try something new.

• igbofille July 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Ene Maya is busy promoting her Aladin head gear, I wonder who will wear that on top of the expensive weaves they manage to buy these days.