New Music: Omawumi – I Go Go

Omawumi is gearing up for the release of her sophomore album with her brand new track “I Go Go“. The new track is a follow-up to her socially conscious hit “If You Ask Me”. According to the official press release “(I Go Go) is a reggae/soul infusion whose lyrics capture the pain of unrequited love. Fans and music critics alike will undoubtedly be moved by Omawumi’s unrestrained emotive vocals and empathize with the wounded character she plays in this potential classic.

Check on it.

Listen to Omawumi – I Go Go

35 Comments on New Music: Omawumi – I Go Go
  • Kémi Penélopê May 18, 2011 at 1:00 pm

This na serious talent o

• Kémi Penélopê May 18, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Sometimes I wish more Naija artist can make their album available on iTune. But that aside, does anyone know if this album is now available? Thanx

• Kaka May 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm

About the itunes – I’m with you.

• mii May 18, 2011 at 1:09 pm

go omawunmi! first yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• FAITH May 18, 2011 at 1:12 pm

y r naija female musician not fine……cant think of any one dat is beautiful….am not saying dey aint good ooo….they r really talented but not beautiful….facially or physically….they r not…

• Eki May 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Ah! Munachi no too bad oh!

• THE AMAKA May 18, 2011 at 2:07 pm

then i don’t know who exactly you’ve been looking at. Munachi, Mo’Cheddah, Airis, Tiwa Savage, May7ven, TY Bello, and a lot of other up and coming female artists.
      abegi

• THE AMAKA May 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm

and what does being fine have to do with talent? this is why i love Africa, you don’t need to look good or dress in a revealing manner to sell music. thank God we don’t have the likes of Nicki Minaj that feel they have to be extra revealing just to get attention. so just appreciate our own and forget about looks. or is it looks that is selling you the music? na wa!
      oh yeah, Chidynam O as well.

• partyrider May 18, 2011 at 2:34 pm

u obviously dont know d female musicians in naija..plus wat has dis got to do with d song..
      give ur view on d song u dey talk OP matter..abeg joor

• Tee May 20, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Fragrance is fine nao

• THE AMAKA May 21, 2011 at 1:12 am

she is not an artists, abeg. it insults the likes of 2face nko

• b May 18, 2011 at 1:45 pm

@ faith, am happy you called them musicians and not models or beauty queens. Wether you feel they are beautiful or not does not affect anything, they have what it takes to be where they are. fyi, we have loads of beautiful Niaija female musicians, the same way we have plenty oyinbo musicians that are not fine. Please learn to appreciate what you have and keep your negative thots to urself.

• Eki May 18, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Ah!!!!! This babe killed it mehn! Why did she NOT win that competition with that Timi guy or whatever his name is??? I’m really impressed! Love it!

• Igwe Osita One May 18, 2011 at 5:57 pm

because u didnt vote for her

• Miss Y May 18, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Oh no you didn’t just diss my boo. Have you heard his voice? Like an angel i tell ya. I adore him!

• Femi D May 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I LOVE how she makes pidgin sounds so sweet. I hope she keeps on doing it.

• Kat May 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I always felt Omawumi put way too much energy in her songs but this is just it. Beautiful song. From Tiwa to Ashionye to Waje, Omawumi…The ladies are bringing it. Well done Ladies.

• partyrider May 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Omawumi can hardly ever go wrong,esp wen she blends pidgin english..keep working

• RMG May 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm

She’s really good I must admit. I however hope and pray she’s humble. If she is, she’ll go very very far…(don’t ask me what humility’s got to do with talent – a lot!) In terms of physical beauty even though i also admit it doesn’t matter in this case, i’d give it to Muna and Airis, the others aren’t too good looking without make-up but are beautiful in their own ways (Like Tiwa’s got a gorgeous body and voice, e.t.c) @Eki, Timi is an excellent vocalist and he’ll go very far as well.I do not regret that he won and I voted for him.

• Jade May 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm

@ Faith, thet kill u oh, lol…and they are definetly right about it. These women are beautiful and they are certainly not conventional and to add to that they are incredible artists. iIt begs to wonder what idea of beautiful you are comparing them to. If u are using the American translation well forget it, besides why do we have to be compared any at all. Go Omawumi much love and you are beautiful, in every way.

• naydoo May 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm

go gurl..u rock!!!!warri no dey carry last!

• kreamy May 18, 2011 at 5:39 pm

I wld love 2 seefaith’s picture since no naija female muscian is pretty enuf. Mchewwwwww. Thumbs omawunmi

• mama May 18, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I nor feel the song o! Honestly.

• eazzie May 18, 2011 at 6:47 pm

@faith, what is it about beauty??? take a cue from the most commonest of sayings : ‘you cant have it all’. if they are not fine in your eye, thier music is paying off …..shikena! (and u had better be drop dead gorgeous to be passing a comment like this…smh***) @ RMG, airis may be pretty but what has it done for her? how many awards has she got and how many endorsements has she been considered for if na by face dem take dey make am. A God given talent rocks anyday and you can tell those who were naturally blessed from a million miles off like omawunmi and those who just have careless money, good looks and need to be in the spotlight to complete the effect like your AIRIS… how many songs has she even sang sef????

• Sabirah May 18, 2011 at 6:59 pm

great song! on replay!

• signature May 18, 2011 at 9:02 pm

hahah! i go go! *threatening*
    omawumi is undoubtedly a talented lady, her lyrics always make sense, and the way she composes her words(pidgin/normal english) is just interesting…and…..watevr! u get my point!

• 1st Anon May 19, 2011 at 1:24 am

Beeyootiful Music. Great arrangement. See u now staying away from the “crowd’ music. This one may need a video to sink well…somehow wishing it was positive so make you chop well from weddings but then definitely a winner. kudos.

• NNENNE May 19, 2011 at 4:27 am

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tyna May 19, 2011 at 9:12 am

u rock gal

• FAITH May 19, 2011 at 9:37 am

una don finish me lolsss…and yes am drop dead gorgeous…lolsss….thank all for putting thru…lolsss

• Naj May 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Yess oh!…Never dulling, ever. Love dis chic!

• THE AMAKA May 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

@FAITH I see you have nothing else to day huh? Lol okay ooooo!

• Stella Otuore May 19, 2011 at 4:01 pm

omawunmi is really a Diva and she has created a niche 4herself i love her so much. pls keep doing the good work musically and other wise.

• eloho May 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm

not the best i’ve heard from her…. she’s good vocally but pls…not better than Timi Dakolo. dont really like this song sha.

• rick May 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm

eloho put cotton bud in ur ears and remove that wax you call musical professional discernement. this song is sooooo koool. it takes you to anoda level entirely. how can you even compare? look at the success from both of them and see if you can match, at least that clarifies your dumb conclusion. Omawunmi can do anything with her voice.