BN Video Premiere: Darey Feat. Flavour – Sisi Eko Remix

Posted on Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 5:11 PM

By Onos O

We’ve heard the massive tune and we’ve seen all the juicy behind-the-scenes pics. Watch how Darey & Flavour turn a typical Lagos traffic jam into a stellar musical in the Mark Hofmeyr-directed “Sisi Eko Remix”. Cameo appearances from Ali Baba, Omawumi, Mo’Eazy, Kaffy, Julius Agwu, Skales, Tee Y Mix, Tosyn Bucknor, Waje, Dr SID, Seun Kuti, Zaina and DJ Jimmy Jatt

Check on it.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 33 Comments on “BN Video Premiere: Darey Feat. Flavour – Sisi Eko Remix”

Comments
    • Gold digger July 23, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Flavour……*sigh*

• goldfinch July 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Very lovely song and video.
      However, I don’t understand the concept behind the display of ”umblellas”

• omonaija July 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

kai, ppl must talk sha. Please just enjoy the voice its not every time one has to be critical, and even if you want to be, at least make a point. Its a nice song and video and flavour just murdered it mehn, the guy is good.

• jane July 24, 2012 at 3:20 AM

have you heard of musicals before? it’s called creativity..dare is one of the artists that actually thinks outside the box.

• Thelma July 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

i started feeling the song when flavour started…chei!!!

• Justmeee July 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Errrrrrr……..it’s just a feel good video, was actually expecting more.

• Anon July 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Fantastic Video. Loving Darey n Flavour.

• JayneWhyte July 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Love the song and the video. Nice one. At least they didn’t have to use naked girls to prove a point.

• Cathy July 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Cool concept. I like the colours and costumes, very creative. the guys have good chemistry on screen. That opening scene “kool and the gang” was very funny Lol

• Porshlla July 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Sure they have a good chemistry on screen and to me, thats actually what made the video pop!

• kokie July 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Too funny.Quite original

• UsaveOne July 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    • UsaveOne July 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM

4get 2 say 2much ‘umblerah’ for the vid…lolz

• Authentic July 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Umbrellas for the sun maybe? Some people need brains I swear. This video and song, 2 breaths of fresh air that still eludes GEJ. Sighs…

• Sisi Eko July 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Chai see feeeeedeo! Not he rubbIsh this rats keep releasing everywia. Sweeeeggggh. colourful and simPle

• Chattyzee July 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Nice video. But plz, do not try that while in traffic o…Don’t leave your car and go shopping for ankara ..lol. Darey never disappoints.

• taMmysotola July 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Nice video, nice colours! I jus wht Julius Agwu did, his dance step. Nice1 4 d duo

• Bianca July 23, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I love it. Darey and Flavour are very handsome and good at what they do.

• Shade July 23, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Almost the same storyline as Let You Know with Pheel. Lol well done all the same

• Nadeco oje July 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Since Chuddy K came out with his traffic/street concept now everyone wan copy copy…

Anyway Darey suffocated the track thus rendering it unconscious, Flaovur proceeded from where Darey stopped and did the final killing as in he committed murder,..

Love the collaboration…KUDOS

• grapes July 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM

good musik dis is

• Tosin July 24, 2012 at 5:52 AM

I love the colours, I love the HAPPY of the video in general. Sisi Eko – the original on Darey’s Heart/Beat is an amazing vocal performance, just wonderful; and the Flavour collabo is flavourful as you wish. One of few songs that make me stop whatever I’m doing and shake small. (Like Ara which makes me stop and jump jump jump, a la techno club).

Darey sweetie, my one issue in this song, what kind of Yoruba is “kin da okan mi si’le?” Please now, don’t be a Yoru-illiterate. I could be wrong sha. But “mo ti koja asiko” has the same problem. Na phrase abi na proverb dat one be?
      For authentic Yoruba: see Ara (Brymo), Dami Duro (Davido), etc.
      For Yoruba egbe: see (my darrrling) Jesse-Jagz on the otherwise fantastic Bend Down Low. He wants me to “ju’di le joo.” How?

That said, Darey has sooo many perfect songs now. Such quality stuff man, respec’
      Flavour, you try well well. I like your style, come back soon.

• iwalewa July 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM

i love flavour.he adds flavour to songs. lovely and creative video.gud one darey

• Asa nwa July 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Flavourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,alwayz addin flavour……Nice video

• ada July 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM

lovely song and video, thumbs up 2 my bro flava, 4eva representing

• Ada Jesus July 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Video nka di sharp mehn! Oginidi?

• christy July 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Not interest at all,even trying to force myself,but my soul refuse

• Ginika July 24, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I love the song and the idea that it is both in Igbo and Yoruba :)

• Sisi Eko July 24, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Love the “dancing on the street” concept. Nice video.

• jmayaki July 25, 2012 at 4:02 AM

i looooovvveee this song and i have had it on replay since i first heard it. this video is making my addiction even worse!!!!!!!

• therealsisieko July 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

i just got to say i love this vid and i dont think mo eazy was in there enough being the new guy in soulmuzik .. cant wait for his video anyway.. love you mo eazy .. may god make you bigger than you want.

• Raliha August 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Why is nobody talking about the video vixen in the video?Thats Alex Nwokedi, face of sleek 2012 and she is smoking hawt and awesome in the video. Something our dearest Makida never achieved.
      Alex you brought an amazing freshness to the video asides from those silly bleached video vixens we are constantly plagued with!

• Ngozi October 22, 2012 at 2:01 AM

This music video is one of the best from Naija. I love the collab. Can’t get enough of this song. Love from NYC, USA