Posted on Friday, January 4th, 2013 at 10:17 AM

By Damilare Aiki

The year has just officially begun and one of Nigeria’s fast emerging accessories label, O’eclat has got us excited with its colourful and youthful new collection.

Soigne meaning Sophisticated Elegance in French is the label’s tag line for the collection, which the creative director of the label, Gbemi Johnson describes as feminine, poised and youthful.

According to a rep for the accessories label, the Soigne collection is a celebration of the modern woman’s style and elegance. It includes clutches, shoulder bags, weekender totes, document clutches and miniaudieres as well as the label’s signature box bags in mini versions.

Soigne takes inspiration from the beauty and complexity of the African heritage. The brand seeks to create contemporary designed handmade purses and handbags using indigenous African fabrics. The historical influence is evident, but the exaggerated and unexpected textures – which are Adire and leather – are Gbemi Johnson’s stamp on the design label.

Check it Out!

Soigne by O’eclat Lookbook

Credits
Model: Damilola Tiedi
Photography: TCD Concept
Styling: Onyinye Fafi Obi
Make-Up: Poise Makeovers
Clothing: Miskay Boutique

E: Oeclat@gmail.com
T: 08035030929
W: www.O’eclatDesigns.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 24 Comments on ““Feminine, Poised & Youthful”! Emerging Nigerian Accessories Label, O’eclat presents its “Soigne” Collection Lookbook”

Comments
    • Omotola January 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

the poi’s & bags are nice 1…

• Glam January 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Lovely pieces!
      theglamfile.blogspot.com

• Felicitibelle January 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Nice collection.
      felicitibelle.com

• iamfascinating January 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

really lovely,
      thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• intheoverseas January 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Please Miskay boutique how can I get the shorts in the second picture Thanks!

• skinny gals rock January 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Naija I hail deee

• Anon January 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Lovely pieces.

• ogags January 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Go Dami one love

• sassy diva January 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

abeggeeeee jare – this ankara thingy is over used- abeg you guys shud begin to think outide the box – yimu

• Moi January 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM

D minaudiere looks cool, I also like d multi coloured stripes. Onyinye fafi Obi did well in d styling, @ sassy diva- hav u got a better suggestion for a collection or any creation whatsoever? Ankara is ours,if d label used basically felt,or leather I’m sure ppl like u wld scream n ask ‘em to b more ‘original’ or African.
      thatssewnaija.blogspot.com

• Daisy January 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I love that clutch purse!

• Adey January 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Lovely

• waidat January 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Dammy i sight you….God bless you

• ojay January 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Jeez!when will pple learn to stop necessary criticism? How many tyms hv u thought out d box? Its called “embracing ethnicity” ankara can n will never be overused.

• ene January 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM

ankara can never be overused..please sassydiva take a seat… even burberry designer said that we nigerians are underestimating the value of ankara…you need to encourage these people not degrade their efforts…in short i can’t think of a more cliche thing other than your name

• Mak Nisy CEO January 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Tell her my dear, Ankara can never be over used..
      PS: is more like what is hot now if you care to know. Any lady stands out when she wears her work cloth or a casual wear and carry’s an Ankara bag or when you mix anything Ankara with continental clothing. I am handbag designer myself and I know how Nigerians and even foreigners marvel at my designs and want to own every piece really. I was at the African fashion week London, 2012 with Oeclat the designer of these lovely bags above and my dear’s we sold so many bags, got good press and have not stopped shipping bags since. So please if you don’t know what to write, keep our comments to yourself. Rather than insulting the hand work of another human being. It’s not made for everyone.
      PS: Oeclat dear your deigns are off the hook and you are already going places.. I want the small purse. Fabulous stuff
      maknisy.com.ng

• www.dakkylove.com January 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM

lovely …me like

• tribalwest January 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Very nice @ sassy diva r u blind they r not even all made with ankara, some nigerian’s can hate
      Sha kia! H n M r going places with our prints and smiling to the bank we u are here hating.
      SMH

• LGHS January 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I see you Dami, Keep Glowing Girl!

• Priscy January 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I like…

• Helen Omorovie January 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Lovely designs cos I dnt mind buying one of those lovely pieces.

• Mmma67@yahoo.com January 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM

I love the fact that they used a dark skinned model .her skin is flawless it compliments the bags and purses. Great job guys how can I get a piece who is your stockits

• Berry Dakara formerly Choco-Latte January 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Ooooh, I like very much. What are the prices like?

*there goes my no-shopping in 2013 outlook*