Upcoming Designer Mariam Afolabi of Mademoiselle Aglaia presents her New Collection coordinated by Tiannah Styling | Photos of Genevieve Nnaji, Denrele, D’Prince, Wande Coal & More at the Event
Posted on Monday, January 14th, 2013 at 6:23 PM
By Adeola Adeyemo
On Saturday 29th December 2012, Mariam Afolabi, a 19 year-old law student at Warwick University and CEO/Creative Director of upcoming fashion label, Mademoiselle Aglaia presented her new collection – Acanthus and Renaissance Art at a spectacular fashion show in Lagos. The event took place at the Ball Room, Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island.
Toyin Lawani, CEO of TiannahStyling and Creative Director of Elegante by TiannahStyling helped in creating and bringing her designs to life.
Speaking about her new collection, Mariam said she was inspired “by the ceiling of famous palaces like the palace de Versailles and paintings from artist like Leonardo da Vinci and others during the renaissance period. The Acanthus plant has also inspired the embroidery style in the dresses I have designed to give it that baroque element’’.
Guest were entertained with performances by Wande Coal, D’Prince, Dammy Krane, ADDICTIONDuo and more. The event was hosted by Denrele and Naya.
The Black Carpet
Hosts & On Stage
Photo Credit: Ed Ace | Persnickety Media | MaestroMedia
Tags: Acanthus and Renaissance Art, Dammy Krane, denrele, genevieve nnaji, Mademoiselle Aglaia, Mariam Afolabi, wande coal
- Genevieve Nnaji, OC Ukeje, Funke Akindele & Kalu Ikeagwu Make the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominees List | First Photos from the Announcement in Lagos
- BN Exclusive: Ini Edo, Chidi Mokeme, Uche Jombo, Julius Agwu, Genevieve Nnaji, Omoni Oboli & More at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominees Announcement in Lagos | Photos
- 19 Year-Old Upcoming Designer, Mariam Afolabi of Mademoiselle Aglaia presents her New Collection Coordinated by Tiannah Styling – Saturday 29th December 2012
- Chemicals, Cosmetics & Cleaning Products! Meridyen International presents its Annual Fair in Lagos from the 29th – 31st of January 2013
- The Diamond Collection! Photos from the Folake Majin, Miss Majin and GM4FM Fashion Show
- DJ Caise, Ikon, Gbemi Phillips, Lynxxx & More at the Grey Goose and Bacardi Re-Up Party in Lagos
- Hang Out with Your Favourite Cool FM On Air Personalities at “The Cool Gang in Town” Monthly Party – Friday 1st February 2013
- The Wedding Company Nigeria launches New Photo Series “Love Struck” | Capturing Models & Real Couples in Creative Themed Shoots
- BN Bytes: Snapshots of Annie Idibia, Genevieve Nnaji, P-Square, Rita Dominic, Halima Abubakar, Karen Igho, Wande Coal & More at 2Face Idibia’s Surprise 37th Birthday Party in Lagos
- Enjoy Great Discounts on your Shopping in the Month of Love at the B&B Party Solutions “Red Fair: Valentine Sales Edition” – Sunday 10th February 2013