Job Posting on BellaNaija

BN Career is proud to present the first Job Posting of 2013.

Apply today for an opportunity to work with the Creative Director of an upscale Nigerian design label to help manage activities that relate to the fashion industry.

The job description includes;

• Fashion Illustration
  • Supervision of manufacturing processes and quality assurance
  • Execution of digital related marketing activities
  • Assisting with runway shows and other fashion events

Qualification

• The applicant must have attended a fashion and design school
  • Previous experience with a fashion label will be an added advantage
  • Must be a computer literate
  • Must have at least 3 years post-qualification experience

Skills

• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
  • Knowledge of different kinds of fabrics, ability to sketch designs
  • Ability to work independently and also in a team
  • Excellent command of the English Language
  • Very presentable
  • A passion for Fashion
  • Good understanding of the internet and social media

All interested applicants should kindly send their CV via e-mail to jobapplicant_13@live.com

Deadline: Monday 28th January 2013

11 Comments on Job Posting: Interested in Fashion? Apply for the Role of a Creative Director’s Assistant at a Top Nigerian Design Label
  • Non professional opinion January 16, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Nigerian designers take the piss. There are 3 different job descriptions being touted as one. This is why we complain about the prices because designers cut corners on everything including the staff then invest in hype, foreign catwalks and dashing clothes to washed out celebrities and Z-listers

• Non professional opinion January 16, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Oops! I wasn’t finished…. Who cares anyway.
      Whoever applies for this job is going to be crucial to the business so do not be fobbed off with 40k and the opportunity to meet Genevieve. Make sure you get paid because you are really going to work. It isn’t called running in heels for nothing.

• jumoke January 16, 2013 at 3:21 pm

you have never cared, that is why you are still where you are. move on , get busy ,grow up

• Msunderstood January 16, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Lol, true
        Help with fashion illustration, oversee manufacturing, assist wit runway shows- jack of all trades.

• abiodun January 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm

You have never cared that is why you are still where you are, move on, get busy, grow up

• Non professional opinion January 16, 2013 at 11:29 pm

So silly! You posted the same comment with two fake names. At least try to be smart when you are being stupid. Where I am is great. I have been blessed in every aspect of my life and I managed to do it without exploiting others.
      I’m not sure why you took my comment personally but I think I can guess. LMAO

• omotee January 17, 2013 at 9:25 am

Non professional opinion ,you were on point.its so ridiculous what. Nigerian entrepreneurs expect of staffs and even worse. Is what these guys expect to be paid . I wanted a young lady to be my assistant,I so like her style and spirit and to my surprise,she could accept 20thousand Naira a month ,she speaks french and English ,highly articulate.So imagine .She would start with me as soon as she is through withh youth service but not even on 50 thousand a month would she start .Don’t so much blame the exploiters s they are just getting a free meal and who rejects that ?

• jumoke January 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

CONGRATULATIONS! more grease to your elbow Mrs Smart.

• reena January 17, 2013 at 9:28 am

Everybody wants somone wit experience how do we den get it wen everybody wants it I feel @ tyms d passion shld b enuf .I wld hav luved 2 apply but oops no experience

• Non professional opinion January 17, 2013 at 9:57 am

@reena Apply for an internship. It’s a great way to get your foot in the door and gain some experience even though you might not be paid. If your hard work and passion are evident, the company will likely keep you on in a permanent position.

• juliet February 7, 2013 at 8:24 am

is the position still open,