My Style: Aggrey Aggrey

Posted on Thursday, June 27th, 2013 at 3:38 PM

By Jennifer Obiuwevbi

My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija029

My Style is one of our favourite features on the BN Style page, and judging from the responses it gathers, I can safely say, it has our readers interested.

BellaNaija reader Aggrey Aggrey is our My Style focus for this edition. Aggrey is a Fashion loving Nigerian who grew up in Benin. He is currently studying Engineering, working in the Financial Services sector by day and his upcoming shoe line by night in the UK. With a love for fashion and all things beautiful, Aggrey believes that first impressions matter a lot and loves to express his individuality through his outfits.

My Style Is
An expression of my individuality. It is impossible to define my style by a specific fashion definitions because I do not fit into any out there. I love to play around with different options with the key rules of colour and fitting always being taken into consideration.

Where Style Meets Personality
Growing up, I used to be a very shy kid who would have never written a piece for BellaNaija. Over the years, I have become more confident in social gatherings and I partly attribute this to compliments I sometimes get on my fashion sense. No matter what anyone says, we all like being complimented and made to feel like we look good. This has definitely made me a more confident and open person and my style reflects that.

I’ll like to think I am a fun loving and warm person. You tend to see this in my daily style choices of warm, sweet and cheerful colours. I love summer colours and I wear them all year round.

Where I Shop Till I Drop
I generally like all good quality brands and designer shopping outlets. At the moment I currently like to buy labels like Vivienne Westwood, Polo Ralph Lauren, Reiss, TM Lewin, Tie Bar, GStar, Tie Rack, Zara, JC Crew…they’re a lot.

Most of the time, I do all my shopping online or check for what I want online and pop into the shop to try the clothes on and pay; all in 15 minutes or there about. Secondly, I tend to spend more on accessories than clothes. This is because most times you can get away with a regular denim trouser and a white shirt. But the right bracelet, shoe, hat or pocket square takes your look a couple of notches past the dude with the regular boring outfit.

Hair Glam
I haven’t got a favourite look when it comes to hair and it all depends on the mood I’m in before I sit on the barber’s chair. Sometimes, I want a medium fade or a side and nape taper. On other days I just want a buzz cut.

I sometimes get into trouble with the Mrs on this one; she says no matter what I go for, it has to be clean and cut weekly.My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija023

Day Time Express
On chilled-out days I try to look nice but comfy. I wear a lot of boat shoes, velvet slippers, shorts, polo shirts, jumpers, leather jackets, colourful chinos and jeans. For me, chilled-out doesn’t mean boring so I still try to have some interesting & colourful clothes on.My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija039 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija036 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija031My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija006 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija017

What I Wear to Work
I love the fact that my job gives me the chance to get dressed everyday and does not restrict me to boring colour choices. You’ll often catch me in a regular or three piece suit, double cuffed shirt, tie, colourful pocket square, braces and wing tips.My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija060 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija025 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija021 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija020 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija019 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija018 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija009

I Own the Night
Going out with the boys or my colleagues is always a blend of fashion styles. This is where I get to have a little fun. Basically it’s a cross breed between my regular look and my work look. I get to wear some brogues (with colourful laces), albert slippers, sport jackets, braces, waistcoats and if I’m in a really fun mood, I would add some casual tartan, cotton or jean bow tie.My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija008 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija011 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija033 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija045 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija050 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija051 My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija056

I Think Every Guy Should Have
If I was to pick I would have to say ties, socks and pocket squares. I love vibrant colours and there is no better way of adding colour to an otherwise bland outfit than with a beautiful tie, sock or pocket-square.

In general, I am not big on sunglasses. I just got a couple of pairs and I pretty much wear the same one every day. I am not a big fan of man bags but I got a couple that come in handy on those short weekend trips or when I am heading to the gym.

The Bare Accessories of StyleMy Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija052My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija004

Shoe LovingMy Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija005

My Advice for other Stylish Guys
Fashion is all about confidence at the end of the day. You have to love what you wear because, trust me, everyone else can tell when you’re uncomfortable. You might rock the coolest and most expensive suit, pants or shirt but without the confidence and charisma you just wouldn’t look right.My Style Aggrey Aggrey - June 2013 - BellaNaija058

If I could Steal a Celebrity’s Wardrobe
There are loads of styles to choose from. I am torn between Ryan Gosling, Nick Wooster, Scott Disick, Tinie Tempah and Ryan Leslie. This question is hard oh. Scott Disick gets my vote. The Man is a style icon but unfortunately he knows it. Who else would say “When you think of a debonair, ridiculously good-looking guy, you think of me“. He’s got a really wicked sense of style and constantly looks dapper, colourful and chic even in a Polo Ralph Lauren tee. To top it up, he has also got a beautiful collection of Alberto Moretti Arfango shoes, who can say no to that?

My Style Aggrey Aggrey - BellaNaija - June20130061

Scott Disick and Aggrey Aggrey

Which Celebrity Stole My Look
There are so many we’ll dressed Nigerian men. Too many to decide. How about you decide BellaNaijarians.

My Style Philosophy
I haven’t got any stringent fashion rules to live by other than my outfits just have to fit properly and have a bit of colour. At the end of the day it’s all about having the confidence that you look good in whatever you decide to wear. Wear your clothes, don’t let them wear you.

Thanks a lot to Aggrey for sharing his style with us. For more information about his style follow him on Twitter/Instagram handle @Aggrey234

Photo Credit: NikeTalk

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 105 Comments on “My Style: Aggrey Aggrey”

Comments
    • Cleo June 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Haaawt haaawt haaawt …..first to comment yippeeeee….lol…

• ohno June 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

and because theres a price for being first to comment? mtchewww

• Cleo June 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Lol…..I see someone’s in a good mood…lol….messing around Joor stop the beef…lol

• Luckylink June 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Very well put together. I like that he’s not overdone or trying too hard.

• Jet June 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Boy u do know how to dress up, just the way I like it!

• reallyyyyyy!!! June 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! those legs are hawt…

• Breezy June 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

very nice

• Grayce June 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM

“No one can rock a three-piece suit or a regular denim and white shirt like I can” sounds rather overconfident and fails to deliver..but he looks good and dresses well tho

• bsky June 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

thank u ooo… i was expecting more…. His beard too is kind of creepy, and his pants a tad bid tight…

• Intoxyka June 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM

God blessssss you for this comment. When I first saw that caption, I thought ‘Bring it on baybay’ but when I went through the photos, I was like……..’er, not bad but not amazing either’. Something about that beard though……Its not working for me! I guess for him, its a personal branding thing sha. Cool stuff

• Zara June 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Just because you don’t have confidence in your style doesn’t mean others don’t. This is a guy with confidence, you may call it overconfidence but no one cares but you and select few like you who don’t really make a difference.
        There’s nothing hotter than a guy with confidence. His confidence radiates through his personal style.

• Grayce June 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I agree to the Scott Disick comment. He knows he has a good sense of style and HE KNOWS IT!!

• Pala June 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM

My Boy……………. Aggrey.

• Teddy Bear June 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM

He looks Ethiopian.

• Pink June 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Interesting that you said that.I thought he looked Kenyan :-) He has an East African look.

• Aduke June 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Thought so too. Ethiopian or even a Somali.

• Fabulous££ June 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM

as soon as I saw his style of dressing I thought of Scott Disick….not surprised. I love Scott disick’s sense of style and so I appreciate Aggrey’s wardrobe style

• Hephzibah June 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Guy you should get into the modelling industry. Ye are Good.

• ICrossMyHeartAgain June 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Why are you lying to the poor man. Which modelling? The one in your village or? I like his style, but ur crotch area is too tight. I was feeling bad for your testes especially in 9ja heat.

Also, I feel the guy is more focused in labels than quality. But oh well, I just remembered that it is Nigeria we are talking about.

• Sandra June 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM

It clearly stated that he is a Student in the UK.

• nwanyi na aga aga June 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM

If you want to criticize at least get your facts right, the boy is not in naija and might not even be a nigerian. This is just pure rant. The boy can pass for a model. If you had to complain about his crotch area being tight just say it. I dont know, but my opinion is that the boy looks perfect on suit biko and can model for their lines

• Aduke June 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM

What do u mean ‘Which modelling?’ ?! C’mmon nau! *side eye*

• Retrochic June 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I love the way he dresses

• Clo June 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM

“Properly Attired” whatever the occasion! Mr. Too Neat & On Point

• nwanyi na aga aga June 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Boy! for the first time on this style section I see a guy that i can totally relate to. Boy u re too hot! See perfect suit body. You should be a model for suit lines

• hmm June 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

this is my perfect example of a clean guy! datsall

• Aduke June 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Point blank period! :)

• Person June 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM

As in… :) The boy is fine!!!

• k June 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

He has a good sense of style but he is too fashion conscious to be a man

• Heha June 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

What type of yeye comment is this? So to be a man he should dress like someone that lives under a bridge?

• Annie June 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

dayum! guy u are soooo on point, keep it up

• crxtylinks June 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Cute & Fabulous

• yea June 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Intragram came to kill, steal and to destroy………enough said

• GreenDiamond June 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM

AYEE!!..u have got class! simple

• AW June 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Good one, but I would also love to see what Nigerians in Lagos, Abuja, port harcourt e.t.c are wearing. Most of the people featured here are based outside Nigeria.

• Idak June 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Take a bow,son!!
      You have a good appreciation and application of colours.
      Very effortless but well coordinated wardrobe.

• taiwo June 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

wow! I have stolen so many looks from here that my future husband must try out! You are def a great dresser! Love how you rock bright colours! Thumbs up!

• aleesha June 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM

well put together! stylish and grown up without being overdone. I’d hate to share closet space with you tho. all those shoes.. lol

• The Grinch June 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Ah…. Finally, person wey get SENSE of style and direction…. Not like all them, them wey just dey wear whatever them see for TV … Kudos, man… I was skeptical but you pulled it off.. ShorpKnuckle, jare…

• Anon June 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM

jeeeez I love your dress sense……. And you are one fine brutha

• b June 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Nice

• Msunderstood June 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I love with d exception of d too tight pants.

• Seyi June 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Love his style!

• *scratching head* June 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Great style, but funny facial expression. Is that your natural look or the sun was making you squint?

• Abiola June 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM

i am sure “Mrs” will be blushing cus peeps are complimenting her beau…#me sef blush join#

• i no send June 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM

thou knoweth how to dress…….but my guy u get time o to even arrange shoes,belts etc

• pearl June 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I like!!!!…..

• Madam the Madam June 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Very nice style, but you need to consider shaving that line of hair or whatever it is that you have running down your chin. I found it to be quite annoying to look at it, and it distracted me from your overall style.

• laide June 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM

would really like to see what Nigerian guys in Nigeria are wearing..coz this is just regular dressing in the UK..altho i lke the fact that he does not overdress

• jinkelele June 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

smooth…good style

• Aby June 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I love his style and its true Scott looks dapper wearing a pink polo

• Seymour June 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Nothing even remotely noteworthy. It feels like I walked into any Lagos boy’s closet. *yawn*

• Purpleicious Babe June 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM

wharever jor @seymour…..

He can dress sha and he knows how to put clothes/colour/accessories together..
        I bet u niaja guys r already taking notes..lol

You don’t see this sharp different look everyday and if you did o well. He still looks good in it and I commend it.

• Aduke June 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Whatever ooo! Let’s see yours na? *rme*

• nene June 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

lol

• llll June 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM

“No one can rock a three-piece suit or a regular denim and white shirt like I can” – Aggrey Aggrey
      Woh!! TELL THEM! I like your style oh bro, but please loosen up a lil and stop taking in the flap (if you do that) of your pants so you can breath. :) 1

• aggrey joseph June 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Senior bro nice one

• llll June 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM

yea I forgot to add ON POINT!!

• comment awaiting moderation June 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM

The *bear bear* cut has to go!

• ....... June 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM

• sally June 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

great combos and good fashion sense …. i’m impressed

• Uby June 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Some hits, some Same Ol Same Ol

• D.J. June 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Clean n smooth me like.

• May-Jydda June 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Fine bobo, no trad?

• Sel June 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Love love love your sense of fashion. Will def show some if your looks to hubby and see if hell change his 80′s way of dressing

• Yewuha June 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM

…is dat y we re here?
      How has d price of fish changed???

• Noninie June 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Who forced you to open the post? Oni ranu.*tongue out*

• Buks June 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM

His beard is very irritating.

• teetee June 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Nice,dear future husband..i really hope you know how to dress

• toju June 28, 2013 at 12:41 AM

CU guys should learn from this nigga …. he combindes them sooo well, he is colourful but still looks very masculine..

• Janey June 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Afi combindes na

• Lulufonwon June 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Smh… He aight…

• aunty June 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

great style, but please loose the “chin-line” goatee thingamajig….
      i agree with the “ethiopian look” comment

• Anon June 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Na wa o…if my husband was Louis this, Gucci that, Ferragamo jor- I dey fear- its great to have good style but no need to go overboard with designer labels…especially on a student budget. What happened to the goal of home ownership?

• Ready June 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

He works in the financial services sector by day, shoe collection by night…AND is a student. Dude may be a li’l overboard with the name brands, but he’s not on a student budget & home ownership may not be an issue. I think the *cough* p-bic beard should go too.
        Overall, he’s well dressed and stylish.

• truth June 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM

nice style! like his play on colors, also stole sme looks for future hubby, lol thanks! but not a fan of the goatie at all….but hey if you like it…do you :)

• zhelloyi June 28, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I like that he looks good without looking gay.

• Ade June 28, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Good sense of style no doubt about that

• billionaire in grace June 28, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I like it well done man

• Xxc June 28, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Fc

• Kenny June 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Nice one. In my opinion, he is one of the best I have seen on this site so far on this site. However, he needs to work on one or two of his trousers which are a bit dodgy.

• Aduke June 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

OMG!!! Luvvvvvv! Dang! U’r such a clean grown gentleman with correct n dope taste! Ur fashion sense is top notch!! Effortless yet well coordinated n much class! Im soo appreciating everything here! Simply on point! I can tell u’r one of those clean guys who go to the nail salon for a mani/pedi every two weeks right?? :D Which I luv! :D
      And YES to Scott Disick!! He sure got clean style with enough class!

• Kamal June 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Very Nice!

• June 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Spot on…

• Priscy June 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hot legs!!!….I’m tripping boy

• Priscy June 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Had to comment again….I think I’m liking this dude *clears throat*

• funmi June 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Someone who knows what he likes and has the money to buy them. kudos. He looks yummy

• Aquarian June 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I love his style…it’s so on point. Thanks for the tips. Does he have a fashion blog?

• Berry Dakara June 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM

He’s well put together – in dressed up, and dressed down outfits. Nice!

berrydakara.blogspot.com

• Miss Anonymous June 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

There’s nothing like a well groomed, well dressed young man. I like everything but the beard.

• Teema June 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Clean and fresh…definitely nothing metrosexual unless we look @ the pants, kind of tight to my like! Well done!

• beeess June 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Clean and On Point!

• kind anon June 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM

bobo toh shan! I’d lose the monogram LV belts but apart from that bros is good to go!

• namegetmahand June 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I totally feel u guy!

• Gorgeous June 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM

wow, so sexy. nice posture. My guy has a nice physique like yours. Slim and well sexy! When he wears a suit, i die 1million times. I love love love. Choi! If i see you outside like this, you are not safe. I will ask you out o. choi choi choi! See fresh, fine young guy abeg. *drools*

• Chikaka June 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

The best so far. Nothing OTT. Some good old staples too. Keep on trucking!

• nnn June 28, 2013 at 8:06 PM

lol

• Spacey June 29, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Oh Lawd!! Ok this bobolet is beautiful! *Whew* All I need to do now is buy my wedding dress, make all the wedding plans, buy us a house in Cali, set up a college fund for our kids, and then inform him of OUR wedding and we will live happily ever after!, #failproof

• xoxo June 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

chei….see fine legs on the son of man….

• iBA June 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM

GOOD ONE GOOD ONE

• sssss June 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Shave that bearbear!

• amarachi July 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

9ic style with a good body

• Gina Azipu October 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Thumbs up cousin, he’s such a great guy, with an awesome personality, he was born with style and has been like this for almost forever, sometimes I wish my man could get some tips from him.. We Love you Aggrey!!!!!!