Posted on Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 at 10:50 PM

By Jennifer Obiuwevbi

Genevieve Nnaji Inspired nail Art - BellaNaija - July2013001

I know I am not the only one who went “awww” at the sight of this nail art worn by Genevieve Nnaji while ago. Just looking at it makes you love her a little bit more.

I tried to recreate it (believe me I did), but I didn’t quite get it right. So, I decided to recruit one of BN’s favourite beauty enthusiasts  - ThatIgboChick (Chidimma Umeh) to get the job done.

Genevieve Nnaji Inspired nail Art - BellaNaija - July2013002

In the words of Chidimma, this tutorial was “just too cute” to pass up so she has created a special tutorial to show the rest of us who got it wrong, and haven’t tried it yet, how to get this adorable look.

So ladies (and gentlemen; Just in case you couldn’t resist and tried it in secret. Don’t worry we wont tell), how did yours go? Be sure to tell us what you thought of the tutorial and if you tried it yourself.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/Genevievennaji

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 23 Comments on “BN Do It Yourself: How to Get the Genevieve Nnaji Inspired Nail Art by ThatIgboChick”

Comments
    • dlapikin August 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM

That Igbo Chick I give it to you!

• Jny August 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM

U too much, I love u ….. Thanks for that …

• mimi August 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Nice..am so doing it

• Lily August 4, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I love it

• Titu August 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Def gonna try this after my acrylic is out..too cute :) …Weldone to the very talented ThatIgboChick.

• iBA August 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM

she did a fantastic job of recreating that look wonderful.
      All i am going to say dear is the mic is pretty well i dont know. i strain myself to hear you speak at times dear. just work on that bit, in all well done!

• Anne August 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM

lol I tried it when I saw it on her page. you should have seen the mess I came up with. My hubby was like sweedie pls don’t do this again or u’ll leave nail polish all over the house. Going to try again with this video. Thanks fr sharing.

• Francex August 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Awww…cute ..cute… Even with a million tutorials , I will still mess up my nails..I’m jst dat bad….

• michael August 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

lovely nails…quite conceptual….i think the message goes out to beautiful ppl

• Babym August 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM

O wooow soo pretty, def going to try this, and she made it look soo easy, I hope I get it right lol

• Onye August 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Why would you copy the exact style? Get your own style and stop being a “single white female” (check out the film). You are being so creepy!

• Jd August 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Beef! Hater!

• ao August 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

@Onye…completely unnecessary comment. I learned something by watching the video: to wipe down nail polish around the nail edges with an angled brush. I never thought of that. So, I will go ahead and COPY that Igbo chick’s technique of cleaning up polish on the edges with a brush.

• Jd August 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

The beef and hater is to u @onye!

• jennietobbie August 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

girl……subscribed!! Shikena!

• pynk August 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM

All these funky nail polishes arent for women in the corporate world.

• Onye August 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hate on haters! I speak the truth!

• Onye August 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

@ao stop being ridic, I said copying the same style was silly not the techniques. If you don’t know the difference then I’m sure you probably don’t know what 1+1 is equal to.

• ao August 6, 2013 at 3:20 AM

@Onye. So, its not okay to copy the style, but very okay to copy the technique. Your reasoning, my dear, is ridiculous. By the way, instead of worrying whether I can add 1 + 1, I suggest you exercise your brain and avoid using a preposition to end a sentence. Goodbye.

• dobby August 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Looks really luvly!

• Onye August 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM

@qo you are so silly! Read what I said and comment on that not whatever ridiculous notions you have made up in your head to make yourself sound like an intellectual.

• me August 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

How do I watch videos o? It never pkays on my torch 2 bb.somebody pls help!

• Tuu August 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM

@me…switch to 3G,if it doesnt av it,u mite av to wait to til u gt anoda dt has,u culd also try wit ur wifi wen deres internet access.