Lagos stood still as the Johnnie Walker Blue Label CNBC Africa “All Africa Business Leaders Awards” West Africa was held at the Intercontinental Hotel Victoria Island, Lagos on Wednesday 28th August 2013.
The event was marked by a large turnout of heavy weights in the business community and the presence of Governors Babatunde Raji Fashola and Rotimi Amaechi of Lagos and Rivers states respectively.
Guest speaker was the Governor Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Guests dined in the luxurious setting which is the trademark of the style and panache of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. It was a night of success stories, music and great tasting cocktails from Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
Winners of the All Africa Business Leaders Award include;
- West Africa Young Business Leader – Jason Njoku (CEO and Co-Founder of iROKO TV)
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Sim Shagaya (Founder and CEO of Konga.com)
- West Africa’s Businesswoman of the Year – Biola Alabi (Managing Director of M-Net Africa)
- West Africa Business Leader of the Year – Jean-Louis Ekra (Chairman and President of the African Export-Import Bank)
- Johnnie Walker Blue Lifetime Achievement Award (Dr. Pascal G Dozie, Chairman MTN Nigeria)
The Johnnie Walker Blue Label CNBC Africa’s All Africa Business Leaders Awards travel next to Kigali, Rwanda for the East African regional round on 9th September, before moving to Johannesburg for the Southern African round on 19th September.
The glittering finale will take place in Durban, South Africa, on 8th November, as the definitive leaders of African business are named and applauded for their contribution to the continent’s success.