dreamstime_m_53979901“Have we ever in life went to beg for food ever since we got married?
“Has you mother ever brought food for us to eat one day because of hunger?
“Have I not told you at the beginning that I hate someone insulting me?
“In the first place, did you really come out with your own full mind?
“Did you come to marry me because of money or for who I am?
“Who gave you the order to pack your property away from our home?
“Who is your adviser in this marriage that is polluting your mind against me?
“You always pray that God should help you to eat the fruit of your labour?
“So no man has the power to take one’s life but today we are going together.
So how do you feel now?”

These were some of the questions a pastor in Edo state left in a note at the scene, after he stabbed his wife to death.

Henry Ojochunu Ekukpe, a pastor in Mountain of Victory and Fire Deliverance Ministry in Benin City, stabbed his 29 year old wife to death and fled the scene of the crime. The police are now looking for him.

The couple got married in 2014, but due to disagreements, she had moved out of the house a few months ago. He invited her over with the guise that he wanted to talk through things, but he planned to murder her.

Vanguard reports,

It was learnt that when the deceased came, the Pastor used a hidden knife to stab her in different parts of her body and escaped from the area.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Abiodun Osifo who confirmed the incident described it as “tragic and barbaric” and vowed that the police would ensure the culprit is arrested and brought to book.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com

32 Comments on “today we are going together” Pastor Leaves Chilling Note with 10 Questions after He Stabs Wife to Death in Front of Their Daughter
  • keke driver February 18, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Why are people like this? How do they even sleep at night stabbing your own body (wife).

• Olayemi February 18, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Selfishness! Why kill someone for any reason whether husband or wife! I do not support it! Separate and live instead of causing grief and eternal pain to families. You do not reserve the right to love and own someone alone. Marriage isn’t a prison!

• Kk February 18, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Read about this story yesterday, I felt so bad…. Evil!

• Prince February 18, 2016 at 12:58 pm

I don’t know what to say.

• FasholasLover February 18, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Olosho. Probably ran away to commit suicide. Too many mental/frustrated people covering their frustration with religion.

• omo naija February 18, 2016 at 1:45 pm

yea, you are right lots of mental health, anger issue and behavioural problem in that country. God have mercy!!!

• Olu February 18, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Marriage can be overated. That man is an animal and a coward…I recommend a death sentence for him as well when he’s caught. May her soul RIP

• Damilola February 18, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Don’t blame it on marriage. It’s the choice, character of people involved. Your choice in life to handle, deal with situation determine the outcome in life.

• Fossil February 18, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Na waa oo, what is all this husband killing wife and wife stabbing husband Wahhala every where, most. Nigeria are becoming sick mentally oo, without proper mental health facilities put in place, God help us oo. I ll advice u take note of every body around u properly and report any strange behaviors u observe , pls 4 ur own good. Never ague unnecessarily with strangers too..

• Doxa February 18, 2016 at 3:44 pm

“Never argue unnecessarily with strangers”
      Rhema for the day

• Queen Bee February 18, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Holy Lord, what manner of evil is this? God please help us

• Ewa February 18, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Why? Why? Why?

• D February 18, 2016 at 1:26 pm

This is so sad. Pure evil!! To think she had managed to get away from this monster and probably just met with him out of respect. Poor woman.

• mama February 18, 2016 at 1:28 pm

coward…keep running your end is near…..women should be careful of abusive men. even if you leave and he wants a reconciliation always ensure there is someone present…most abusive men hate you to end the relationship.they will rather end it so they can still feel in charge.

• Daizzy February 18, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I just broke up with my ex because we argued and he cursed me out (Used words I wouldn’t even use on an enemy on me.) I believe that is how domestic violence progresses. First starts with emotional/verbal abuse and then progresses to physical violence. Even though it was his first time and friends are telling me to give him another chance, I’ve made up my mind and I ain’t looking back.

I’ve been uneasy with statements he would make and his controlling ways. I asked for a sign from God, He gave me one and I took it without looking back.

I believe a lot of these women see the signs before they get married to such monsters but this attitude of “He’ll change””and “Prayers would change him” is what kills us. May her soul rest in peace and I hope this is a lesson to any woman out there who has noticed any abusive/violent behavior in a relationship! Aunty just don’t slide out, better run!

• FasholasLover February 18, 2016 at 6:54 pm

@Daizzy, Congratulations girl. Don’t mind all those second “chancers” o. Misery loves company.

• Honeycrown February 18, 2016 at 7:23 pm

@Daizzy!!! Good job my Sista! Happy for you and Thanks for not coming to BN to ask “Dear Aunty Bella” if you should have left him or not. ????
        Future writers, please learn from Daizzy!

• ochokwunu adam February 18, 2016 at 1:53 pm

May her soul rest in peace

• ATL’s finest February 18, 2016 at 2:07 pm

My goodness. May her soul rest in peace Amen!

• Natu February 18, 2016 at 2:34 pm

This right here is why divorce should always be an option.

• Chi-e-z February 18, 2016 at 4:32 pm

@Natu Omo I strongly agree. Which kin thing be this abeg just kukuma go seperate ways rather than taking a life/ getting killed . You can never bring someone back after they die oh that’s Permanent. Frustration nah just Temporary.

• Idomagirl February 18, 2016 at 8:22 pm

• Nike February 18, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Thank God for my life that i didnt married my Ex! Can you imagine someone you love telling you “Today you will count the number of marks in devil’s face”? Born with exaggerated anger! That is how domestic violence evolves!

• Tee February 18, 2016 at 5:11 pm

This is so so sad. going through the comment here it appears the most are deliberately avoiding to acknowledge that this killer is a ‘pastor’ . this is a man that is supposed to be a light bearer in the community, Are we so blinded by religion that we cannot see? There has been many instances of these so called ‘pastor’ committing grave criminal offense, i think we should not condone it, call a spade a spade, in Nigeria anyone can just become a pastor and open a ‘church’ there should be a way of vetting anyone who is going to hold such an important post in the community because of their impact on the society, anyone found not to be of sound mind should not be bestowed with the post. last week one kidnapper /armed robber was saying during interrogation that he was going to open a church after killing,maiming and destroying lives. it is the trend now , so so sad. RIP young lady.

• cindy February 18, 2016 at 7:52 pm

what is your point exactly?

• Tee February 18, 2016 at 8:23 pm

You can’t comprehend, is it latin? you better go back to school.

• Shevoice February 18, 2016 at 6:48 pm

How many more women are we going to lose to domestic violence? Some women see the red sign that such a man is a potential murderer, they still marry them because their friends are getting married so they must marry too. Marriage is not an achievement . every body must not wear d MRS tag. Women should wake up. We should not allow society dictate for us.

• Honeycrown February 18, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Crazy pastor with a god complex! That combination is nothing but recipe for disaster! And I’m sure, someone somewhere will still have the nerve to say, “Don’t judge a man of God”.

• PASTOR C A EZE February 18, 2016 at 8:20 pm

• Hian February 19, 2016 at 12:09 am

Somebody would have encouraged this woman to go back to this man, he is sorry, he is begging, he has changed. Meanwhile, he has not gone for anger management sessions or any counseling or even shown sincere remorse. May her soul find rest. May God have mercy on him. Women and men, divorce is an option. God is not Nigerian, He will forgive you and give you a second chance to make a better choice at marriage (if you so choose). This is so sad.

• Uranon February 19, 2016 at 8:18 am

Daizzy you are absolutely right. Even knowing that sef I still walked into a text book abuse case. book smart life stupid. It would have played out exactly like they say it would verbal abuse then shoving here and there ….they wait till you are married then intensify it…wait until you are pregnant then start the proper beating cos by then it’s a bigger decision to walk away …you know which woman wants to walk away from her husband with 7 month bele

Don’t look back hon …..good riddance

• gugu February 19, 2016 at 12:21 pm