News

2FACE + DAKOU

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone,
What’s going on?
Last week was absolutely bananas in terms of work…it was just crazy….I actually fell ill around the end of the week from ‘exhaustion’….when I tell you guys I am going to quit the 9 to 5 world soon, please believe me.
Anyways, so what has been going on? I hope the year has been fab for u so far!
I can’t believe it already February!
I just realized that throughout January, I didn’t do much on the fashion tip…that’s definitely going to change this month starting today but let’s start with a bit of news.
_____________________________________________________
Nigeria superstar, 2Face Idibia was attacked by armed robbers AGAIN! On Thursday last week, armed robbers attacked Tuface Idibia around 11PM in Anthony Village, Lagos State. The robbers allegedly got away with Tuface’s new Range Rover SUV.
Luckily he was not injured during the attack.
This is just sad. Thank God he’s alright.
_____________________________________________________
On to brighter things, I have been meaning to blog about this for a long time.
Sometime last year, Dammie from HauTe blogged about Fashion For A Cause and mentioned some upcoming Nigerian fashion designers including Dumebi Agbakoba of Dakou Collections. Now a couple of months later, Dumebi’s fashion line has really come of age.
Check out some photos from her recent collection.
Dumebi is also the founder of Do Somethin, a non-profit organization and was one of the nominees for the Future Awards 2008. Very fab.

That’s it for today!
Have a great week!!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Unbiased

February 4, 2008 at 12:07 pm

OMG am i first!!! Stalking pays off at last. lol!!!
    I am going back to look at those pics well. Might get the design for my next new outfit.
    Sorry bout 2face though!!

2. Unbiased

February 4, 2008 at 12:11 pm

The pics by image venue.com dont magnify. I cant see the design well (sob sob). Can we cowect it?

3. Ifeomaadiagwuagwu

February 4, 2008 at 12:39 pm

Bella, hi. Pls, take it easy and get your well deserved rest.

Honestly, you are needed in the blogworld. For real.

Dumebi Agbakoba is she Olisa Agbakoba’s relative, would you know?

Thanks, Bella.

4. Anonymous

February 4, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Hey bella, poor baby. pele!! you need to take it easy. “We work to live, not live to work”. I missed you mehn!! All week i was checking for updates but none. I was so sad. I hope tuface gets over all this crap soon, too many haters! Anyway, thanks for doing what u do girl. You are the best. mwaaah!!

5. Anonymous

February 4, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Hope u feel better as for the fashion u have up there this week … I gotta think a bit more. No wow effect.

6. omohemi Benson

February 4, 2008 at 3:54 pm

pele love,
    take it easy.

Hmmm…. about tuface and the robbers, I am really short of words.

7. Chee

February 4, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Ifeoma, Dumebi is Olisa’s daughter.

8. Pink-satin

February 4, 2008 at 3:56 pm

i am in top ten…yay!

9. Pink-satin

February 4, 2008 at 3:59 pm

bella sorry!take it easy! the designs are bad at all! nd yes heard abt tuface!poor guy!!!

10. Anonymous

February 4, 2008 at 4:03 pm

The pictures are poor esp. for someone who is trying to showcase her work. She needs a better photographer.

11. Anonymous

February 4, 2008 at 4:05 pm

top 15.. i’ll take it!! i hope u feel better bella.

12. Unbiased

February 4, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Heya bella mi!!!
    Pele!! Abeg when you are sure where you are going from the 9-5 let me know so i can hop on the wagon. I am frankly tired of it myself. Weekends are no fun cause you spend it sleeping and recovering. lol!!

13. mystoriesmytestimonies

February 4, 2008 at 4:54 pm

…. GIANTS won super bowl…yippie..
    so excited…
    this month is going to be cool.

bella ..abeg drink plenty water..
    God bless

14. Gorgeous Black Women

February 4, 2008 at 5:44 pm

My old neighbor’s son had the same thing happen (armed robbery, Range Rover). He was killed. He was just visiting for a few weeks. I was about 6 or 7 at the time so this is late 80s. I still shudder a little every time I see one.

Take care of yourself.

15. Olu

February 4, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Pele jo. Don’t get too stressed, its still early in the year.
    Dose dresses r fab, i noticed she is not an african fabric oriented designer. Still luv a lot of d dresses

16. E

February 4, 2008 at 6:39 pm

Be easy Bella! Blogville NEEDS you!

Yeah, Dumebi Agbakoba was all I heard about this christmas. Good for her mayne!

PS: The pink dress is just too cute!

17. Anonymous

February 4, 2008 at 6:47 pm

Honestly, I see no wow effect! Same old same old….

18. Yinka

February 4, 2008 at 7:16 pm

Recently, I told my wife that what I fear most about going back to Nigeria was (and still is) the armed robbers, My first and only encounter still make my heart race. When I go back to Nigeria soon, I’d have to get my own gun for my own personal protection. I really dont know what else to do in a country where even the law cannot protect you. Poor Tuface.

On the other hand, I love it when I hear Nigerians doing well. The Nigerians of today are creative and hard-working, they are changing the way the world perceive Nigerians… I am always proud of them

19. Cheetarah

February 4, 2008 at 7:33 pm

ok dont know who this chee is but its not me, dont know any info to answers questions

Chee

20. pink-Satin

February 4, 2008 at 7:54 pm

lol i was going to say the designs are not bad at all in my comment above–excuse my typo

21. Nigerican

February 4, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Love the clothing line… looks like a line for every woman and i am all for that :).

Wow about 2face , i’m begging to suspect foul play… someones really tryin to frustrate him. Poor guy.

22. Nigerican

February 4, 2008 at 9:20 pm

glad u’re feelin better btw.

23. 2ndCorin5:17

February 4, 2008 at 10:35 pm

I hope u feel better soon. Rest is REALLY important oh, and water and green tea! The Lord is ur strenght

24. mochafella

February 4, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Hmmm, talk about 2Face being an ATM, “folks” just show up and “cash-out”

25. BOBBY

February 4, 2008 at 11:19 pm

Dakou is truly fabulous!

And as for TuFace…someone is out to get this guy. As in someone wants him dead.

26. anonimouse

February 4, 2008 at 11:45 pm

am telling you guys, some popular cult guy who is also a rapper has it in tuface!

27. Chee

February 5, 2008 at 1:41 am

LOL @ Cheetarah, you are not the only Chee on the planet.

28. Nadia Ahmed

February 5, 2008 at 2:38 am

but why do they like attacking poor tuface, its not nice n i dont like it, i have to give those guys a piece of my mind mehn.

29. Anonymous

February 5, 2008 at 4:01 am

lol ifeyinwa is that you in the pink dress! it is lol

30. MissO

February 5, 2008 at 5:35 am

Ok is it just me or this Tu-face issues is getting out of hand, i mean there are other celebreties out there, he needs to confess what he has done and why he keeps getting attacked by this people…

31. TOR Hershman

February 5, 2008 at 6:55 am

This is a most interesting blog, Bella.

Best Wishes to all,
    Tor

32. Anonymous

February 5, 2008 at 10:54 am

Dis Tuface sef na im be de only person wey dey famous?

I no fit do charity work?

I know no say na, “to whom much is given, much is required.”

E fit dey do de charity work for behind closed doors, abeg how we take see am? *Wink* *Smile*

Maybe na dat one wey im sabi – proper, proper.

Tuface sorry for de armed robbery o! But i dey beg o! Make u leave skirt alone make im leave u alone.

As my pple say, “Ukpana okpoko gburu nti chiri ya.”

Enough said………..

33. Anonymous

February 5, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Abeg, na me again. I suppose say, “E no fit do charity work?” not “I no fit do charity work?”, also, I suppose say, ” E know no say na to whom much is given, much is required?” other than “I know no say na to whom much is given, much is required?”

Na wetin i say suppose talk.

Bella, i dey salute, nuu o!…….

Nwata jisi kwa ike.

34. Daddy's Girl

February 5, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Na wa for all these attacks on Tu Face o – ahn ahn, another one? Maybe it’s time for him to seriously consider re-locating. I like the dresses, some more than others but she’s doing a good job and I love her initiative. Please check out the odes carnival over on my blog and be truly inspired!

35. africa entertainment and sports

February 6, 2008 at 3:59 am

Hope the work rakes in enough coins to compensate for the exhaustion.Maybe it’s time Baba Nino (plus 2)reexamines his general lifestyle;at least he has 3 kids to live for.Sorry though – ile oba t’ojo,ewa l’obusi.

36. Anonymous

February 6, 2008 at 6:40 am

i hope the dakou line is ready-to-wear cos there’s nothing really innovative there.

37. ablackjamesbond

February 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm

If 2face were a Mountain of Fire faithful, he would be asked to go on 7days dry fast and deliverance.
    Not like i am saying he needs deliverance but he sha needs help. These attacks are getting too frequent.

These robbers no send am o.

38. kpakpando

February 6, 2008 at 5:25 pm

mehn someone arranged awon boys for Tuface sha, who the hell has he been pissing off? Na Kenny and co? Abi Pero and Sumbo don join forces? which ones?

I like the Do Something positive initiative that Dumebi and her team are behind. The dresses are cute, but she’s not marketing to us stuck in the States.

39. Misi

February 6, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Hey,
    Just thot I should let you know there is a Valentine’s Day Competition on http://www.africanloft.com. The price is $75 cash (to any winner in the world). Here is the link, please check it out at: http://www.africanloft.com/special-promotion/africanloft-valentines-day-expression-win-75-for-dinner/
    Also can you tell all your friends.
    Have a great week and thanx!

40. Kim

February 7, 2008 at 2:32 am

I just visited the Dakou site, and the designs are gorgeous! I love young sistahs doing their thing. I love your blog! Would you be interested in a link exchange?

41. Anonymous

February 7, 2008 at 11:41 am

The Dakou pictures did not come out well but I have been to the Dakou website and its much nicer. I am proud of Naija sistas.

Dumebi is also hot. Bella hook a brother up now!!!!

42. caramel

February 7, 2008 at 2:39 pm

tuface and his problems sha.. people are really after him.. he shuld better be safe sha

43. Anonymous

February 7, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Boy oh boy, that is one thing i cant stand about naija. Infact everytime i go there, i have to keep a low profile, i dont travel in LUSH cars, i just keep it simple because those murdafuckers aint playing.

I feel bad for tuface though, but seriously, he needs to chill, take a break, get out of naija and stop getting all these girls pregnant for starters.
    Shalom

44. shola pacheco

February 7, 2008 at 4:48 pm

bella take it easy nd get enough rest.these design are simple nd nice,as 4 tubaba,am short of words

45. dosumthingpositive

February 7, 2008 at 9:32 pm

@ Kpakpando… Dakou will be coming to america pretty soon. Send me your details to [email protected].

Thanx!

46. naija diva

February 7, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Babe,

How are you feeling now?Please take a break o.Was waiting for your post all wk,glad i you can get around to it.

As for 2face am thinking his under a curse by one of the gals breeding for him.

Please keep them coming ooo

47. Anonymous

February 8, 2008 at 12:19 am

The dresses are nice but I think the workmanship could be improved upon; some of them look a tad sloppy-maybe its just the camera though.

48. Naijasutra

February 13, 2008 at 5:01 pm

the outfits are so hot its totally unbelievable.