News

Help Bring Tosin Home. Young Nigerian Pharmacist Tosin Oyelowo Missing in South Carolina

BellaNaija.com

A young Nigerian pharmacist Tosin Oyelowo has been reported missing in South Carolina. We pray that anyone reading this has some information which leads to Tosin’s return – healthy and alive.

See details below from www.helpbringtosinhome.com

****

Yesterday, I heard one of the worst news ever. I found out that the beautiful lady whose picture is on the left, Tosin Oyelowo, went missing on Friday, December 9th in Charleston, South Carolina where she is working as a resident after graduating from the University of Charleston West Virginia School of Pharmacy last summer. I never even knew her personally, but I remember seeing her at several events here in Raleigh, NC (where she and her parents have lived for some years since they moved to US from Lagos, Nigeria) including her dad’s 50th birthday party some years ago. I remember noticing her beautiful skin and calm persona. To hear that she went missing few days ago is very shocking and painful. If I didn’t even know her personally but I’m crying as I am typing this, then I can’t even imagine what her parents, family and friends are going through right now.

The news was sent to me as a prayer request text from a friend of mine. I, immediately, called him back to find out what happened and he told me. Heartbreaking, to say the least. My friend mentioned that he had done a google search and there was nothing about it on the news and he felt that it will be great idea to use Facebook and social media, in general, to spread the news and help increase the chance of someone finding her. However, he wasn’t too sure if to go ahead and do that on his own. I went ahead and told him that I will go ahead and do something about putting the news out there for everyone to spread since the media will not do it (and we all know why).

To know that such a young and beautiful black lady with incredible potential is missing and there is nothing about it on google or on the news is extremely devastating. However, thanks to the internet, I know we can do something about it. Spread the news.

I am hoping we can use the social media to circulate this news and help bring her back home. We might not be powerful enough to have this on every TV news channel, but I believe we can use the power of the internet to bring Tosin back home. Pls, post this link and let people see her face. Make sure every friend or family member of yours does the same.

If you see her anywhere or have any information, please call 911 and alert the police in your vicinity. If the news media will not do it, we will use the resources that we have to spread the word.

Everyone is praying and fasting for her return but I know we have to take action and broadcast the word; I believe God uses people to answer prayers. I believe she will be found by God’s grace. Let us use the power of the internet to let the world know about her,  hopefully find her and bring her back home to her loving family and friends!

Here is a link to her pharmacy school profile  http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/pharmacy_services/residency/residents/2011_12/oyelowo.html

And here is an article about her winning a scholarship from the Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation – http://readme.readmedia.com/Olutosin-Oyelowo-Receives-Scholarship-from-Alpha-Kappa-Alpha/1882198

1. Ogo

December 15, 2011 at 7:08 am

Oh my! I hope she is found! I will pray for her safe discovery. Amen!

2. Sexxie

December 15, 2011 at 7:20 am

May God keep her safe and bring her home in Jesus name, amen.

3. nwando

December 15, 2011 at 7:26 am

I join my prayers for her safe and speedy return.

4. Ginika

December 15, 2011 at 7:29 am

my God, I am literally crying here. I am joining in with the fasting and praying and will spread the news (thats the best I can do from here)….

I pray for her safe return, maybe this be a testimony in the end in Jesus name.

5. bunmi

December 15, 2011 at 7:34 am

Awwww… pretty lady. She would be found by God’s grace…

6. BC

December 15, 2011 at 7:35 am

I googled her. “My Life” states her age at 30 years. And she has lived in Wake Forest, NC.If you knew her, please verify.
    It is an outage that a young bright pharmacist is missing and no major news network is carrying this news. Had she been bad news they would have jumped on it.

7. miss p

December 15, 2011 at 7:35 am

Father in agreement with every believer out there I ask for the release and safe return of Tosin in the Name of Jesus,I withdraw the peace of those who held her captive, we are thanking you for her safe return. It is DONE (Amen)

• love

December 15, 2011 at 8:48 am

Amen!

• mo

December 15, 2011 at 9:38 am

amen!

• SheriO

December 15, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Amen!

8. Lizzy O

December 15, 2011 at 7:58 am

Definitely praying that she is found and alive. God is able.

9. moi

December 15, 2011 at 8:31 am

i’m crying God, may she be found safe in Jesus name.

10. Beediva

December 15, 2011 at 9:00 am

she will be found in Jesus name,amen

11. hadijatou morki bua

December 15, 2011 at 9:01 am

it is well…God is in control..

12. Doo

December 15, 2011 at 9:13 am

Amen to that prayer from Miss P, got the bumps as i always do when I believe my prayer is answered. God will suffer no man to do you harm Tosin IJN!

13. Omolade Remilekun

December 15, 2011 at 9:36 am

I pray that before sunset today, God that found an axe in the river will find her nd bring her back home safely (amen).

14. Foe

December 15, 2011 at 9:56 am

WOW I’m hear reading this from Houston, Tx. i’m so sad I pray that God brings her back to her family the way they last saw her. I will mention it to @worldprayr ( they are amazing) you can find them on twitter!

15. brenda

December 15, 2011 at 10:07 am

GOD pls bring her home where ever she is

16. Haddy

December 15, 2011 at 10:16 am

“My name is Olubunmi Kusimo and I am a good friend of Tosin Oyelowo. I am writing to request that you take down the post regarding Tosin. There are quite a few inaccuracies in the report, and at this very sensitive time, we are asking that everyone respect her family’s wishes, including taking down this post. Thank you for your sensitivity and cooperation.
    Sincerely,
    Bunmi”

I got this from a “help find Tosin Oyelowo site”. Pls stop sharing the Tosin Oyelowo posts till there is verified information about her alleged disappearance.. Personally, I dont know who to believe…

17. Adesola Aderonke Adijat Adebayo

December 15, 2011 at 10:21 am

i know my God i mean the God am serving will locate u Tosin oyelowo u will not lost but live to declare the work of God

18. MyView

December 15, 2011 at 10:37 am

Here’s to a happy ending.

19. teeno

December 15, 2011 at 10:38 am

Is there anything too hard for the lord,??….absolutely nothing. Lord, please intervene in this case. Amen.

20. q

December 15, 2011 at 11:16 am

Amen Miss P,i join faith with you and those praying for her. She will be returned safe & in Good Health In Jesus’ Mighty Name!

21. God'sincontrol

December 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

Please kindly take down this post. Let’s just lift her up to God and pray for her safe return. Thank you and God bless.

22. show some love

December 15, 2011 at 11:35 am

She will be found in JESUS Mighty NAme Amen

23. Doris

December 15, 2011 at 11:48 am

Oh Lord! You said in your words that when two 0r three people are gathered in your name, that u are there in there mist. We use this medium to invoke your powerful intercession over the life of your daughter Tosin. We pray that you send down your host of angels to guide and protect her from the evil hands of the wicked ones in the mighty name of Jesus christ. Release her at this hour to return to her family safe and sound in your powerful name. Listen oh Lord to this prayer and grant her your safety. Do this lord and take glory. Amen!!! It is well with Tosin.

24. Elsie

December 15, 2011 at 12:08 pm

@ Haddy, I also was a bit unsure about this whole story. I have searched every news and missing person list I can find in the US and there is no such report. What exactly is going on? Is there no official report filled for her as a missing person? If indeed she is missing, Please Lord may she be found alive and well.

25. Purpleicious Babe

December 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

BN What is going on????

Who posted this? PLS IS THIS IN CONSENT OF HER FAMILY MEMBERS?

Pls BE SURE YOU ARE POSITING A LEGIT INFORMATION OHH?

Regardless: if this is true I believe God will answer our prayers and bring her home safely.

BN pls do your research for legal and moral reasons.. missing person is case sensitive.

26. Dee

December 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Awwww 🙁

27. NNENNE

December 15, 2011 at 3:29 pm

My heart goes out to her and her entire family. Wish her safe return.

28. emmmantoka

December 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm

i think the america govrntment have security and they want to secure nigeria for us by military or whatever so how can nigeria lady be missing in america south carolina, when there coming to secure nigeria for us.
    thanks

29. ladybird

December 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Please do not take down the post. Tosin is really missing, i am a friend of the family here in the US. There is no police report yet because the cops just got involved with the case. Just put her and her families in prayers

30. dewowo

December 15, 2011 at 4:05 pm

whom are we to believe this post or Tosin’s friend? whatever the case, God is at work!

31. koko

December 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm

God be with you wherever you are

32. troubled

December 15, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Hmmmm. I pray for the girl but something fishy is going on here. Supposed friend posting to take the post down and another supposed friend saying to keep it up. I did read a news article in regrds to an alleged woman who jumped off the bridge on Friday but there has been no body found. if this woman is missing, why was is just reported to the police as the last “friend” mentioned. God will reveal all things in due time!

33. kdarius

December 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm

The original post was written by a person who heard about Tosin’s disappearance from someone else (please read it as the author DOES acknowledge it in the introduction of the original post). He/she is no way, shape or from was involved in Tosin’s search efforts, and has absolutely no idea of what was and currently being done. I pray for Tosin’s safe return but it saddens me that the information, although was put out with good intent, continues to confuse and anger the people (because apparently some think that the police/media are refusing to search for Tosin, which is a complete misunderstanding and not true). The police will not release any information, unless there are facts from a verified source. Please stop jumping to conclusions and pray for her.

34. Abiola Idowu

December 16, 2011 at 7:14 am

Surely,God Himself Will Search For Tosin & Bring Her Back Home. Nigeria Govt Through Her Embassy In The US Should Do Everything Within Her Capacity To Get This Lady Found. We Can Not Afford To Loose This Lady Again. I Appeal To All Nigerians To Help Search For Her.Please,Pray & Fast For Her Finding.

35. Haddy

December 16, 2011 at 9:58 am

BN, please try to verify information before posting. You are not in the league of Linda Ikeji and co…Don’t forget x

36. Lolaa

December 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

SHE HASNT BEEN IDENTIFIED BY THE POLICE AS THE PERSON WHO JUMPED OFF THE BRIDGE BUT HER CAR WAS FOUND AT A CONVENIENCE STORE AROUND THE CORNER AND HER PURSE CONTAINING HER ID CARDS AND OTHER THINGS WAS FOUND AT THE BRIDGE. MOTORISTS AND PEDESTRIANS SAW A LADY JUMP BY THE BRIDGE,,,,,GOD PLS TAKE CONTROL

37. Adam Crisp

December 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Please see an updated story with new police report on the search for Tosin Oyelowo: http://patch.com/A-p4tc

38. Tunde Oyelowo

December 16, 2011 at 10:28 pm

On behalf of the entire Oyelowo family, we want to thank you all for your concern, prayers and good wishes. We appreciate it all.
    We would also like to state that we do not subscribe to negative comments about Tosin’s whereabouts or fate. We want to confirm that she is missing, but cannot confirm that she was the person seen jumping from a bridge. We believe that she will be back to us. So join us in dispelling all rumors concerning Tosin. We continue to count on your prayers.
    Thank you and God bless you all.

39. Akintumile AA

December 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm

This must be a devastating period for her family. Hoping they were more forthcoming with precise info to the police. There is no tracing detail in this write-up. Let’s join hands to pray for her safety and early return to her family.

40. maryam

December 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm

To the Oyelowo family. May God give you the stength to handle this situation and may this conclude with happiness for you in Jesus name.

I am really sorry that the internet and blogs, many Nigerian owned have just written stories about this lady without any clear investigation. It is truly sad depiction of our times and the fact that technology which we love so much can also be negative.

Please guys, especially those who own blogs, write carefully and confirm things in future. I am referring to many cases, not just about dear Tosin. The information you put up, if not true ruins lives, reputations, investigations, relationships, memories, futures etc.

Bellanaija keep up the good work as you guys always try to do the right thing.

41. Slim sivo