News

2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week Awards – The Winners List & Find Out Who’s Off to the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York

BellaNaija.com

After a whirlwind week, the 2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week is over!
The climax of the fashion week is the annual Arise Magazine Fashion Week Awards. The winners were literally announced moments ago and as always, BN has the exclusive scoop.
Look out for photos from the event in a few hours.

2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week Awards – The Winners
Designer(s) of the Year: Maki Oh | KLuK CGDT
Style Icon of the Year: Oluchi Onweagba-Orlandi
Male Model of the Year: Dudley O’Shaughnessy
Female Model of the Year: Georgie Badiel
Menswear Designer of the Year: PETROU\MAN
Womenswear Designer of the Year: Tsemaye Binitie
Fashion Brand of the Year: Temple Muse
Innovative Designer(s) of the Year: Odio Mimonet | David David
Emerging Designer of the Year: Loza Maléombho
Young Designer of the Year: LaQuan Smith
Lifetime Achievement Award: Ozwald Boateng

Designers heading to New York for the ARISE Show at the Spring/Summer Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in September 2012

• Tiffany Amber
  • Maki Oh
  • Ozwald Boateng
  • Tsemaye Binitie
  • Gavin Rajah

Congrats!

1. show some love

March 12, 2012 at 12:09 am

Maki OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Weldone

2. Ms. jayee

March 12, 2012 at 12:14 am

Gosh! I couldnt stay till the end…..congrats to the winners or should I say the “elected”

• sisieko

March 12, 2012 at 6:59 am

Lol!!! I feel you Ms. jayee on the ‘elected’…

3. Sims

March 12, 2012 at 12:47 am

Yaaaay Odio Mimonet! 🙂

4. ROTINWA

March 12, 2012 at 1:54 am

WELL DESERVED MAKI OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO WELL DESERVED! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALMOST CRIMINAL FOR NOT TO HAVE WON THE CHANCE TO SHOWCASE AT NEW YORK. AND TSEMAYE AS WELL!!! CANT WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER!!!!

5. Zinni

March 12, 2012 at 2:32 am

The only fair awards given were the model (male and female) of the year awards…the rest na politics! Maki O, really? Wondering when Naija will conduct things free and fairly.

6. Aisha

March 12, 2012 at 2:32 am

Yay! Maki OHHHHHHHH

7. Tikka Masala

March 12, 2012 at 2:37 am

I don’t understand the following: How is Oluchi “style icon of the year”? Has anyone ever thought her ‘style’ off duty was iconic? Or am I interpreting that to mean something different? 2) Why would or does Ozwald Boateng need Arise to go to NY fashion week? As established as he is amongst the glitterati if Europe and Hollywood? I don’t understand. Should that opportunity not have gone to some other new designer showing promise and potential and just starting out? And Young Designer of the Year? I think should have gone to CLAN. LaQuan is talented, but I’m jus’ sayin’. All not looking terribly ‘democratic’ to me.

• Zinni

March 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

Tikka Masala, I disagree that the award for Young Designer of the Year should go to Clan…that was Deola Sageo and we all know she aight young in this business

• moi

March 12, 2012 at 11:52 am

ema tan ra yin…CLAN ko, clone ni

• Juwon

March 12, 2012 at 7:33 pm

May God bless you!! You took the words right outta my mouth. How did Oluchi become style icon is what i’m never going to understand. How many outfits have we seen her in that she looked all so stylish in, well me i have not oo. Only in Nigeria you see wonders. And CLAN is magnificent, Laquan is good but CLAN takes it home for me. But then it is Nigeria right? Things never go the way they ought to.

• sunny

March 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I agree we barely ever see any pictures of her off the runway

8. babe

March 12, 2012 at 4:59 am

Good, now that it’s over, can we move on with our lives? Shey BN will like to get back to normal now thank you. *rolling eyes*
    AM Fashion week my fat legs, abeg let’s hear word jare

9. Seun

March 12, 2012 at 7:59 am

Tikka masala!!!! Uv have said it all especially about Ozwald and Clan

10. christy

March 12, 2012 at 10:05 am

Awwww.can’t rememba sum of does designer again.do I ve go all ova again.BN I tink a recap wit deir pix would hve been betta

11. @bebe_licious

March 12, 2012 at 11:45 am

It should have been house of Farrah or Hassanali. Clan was lovely but the mother had a hand in it and sure. Sucks to follow a parents footstep I tell you.

12. as i see it

March 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I’m so glad LaQuan Smith won Young Designer of the year. Best collection for me

13. Daisy

March 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm

To me, House of Farrah was the winner! but who cares.

14. Babe Again

March 13, 2012 at 1:49 am

I think Tsemaye deserved the award…Her collection was fab. Will definitely take another look at the pictures…

15. Pingback: 2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week Awards | Omoge MuRa

16. laura

March 13, 2012 at 11:17 am

Hw d hell does Oluchi gets style icon?do they knw d requirements of such a title?Clan really impressed me.surprised she didn’t tk up any awards.Anyways,its Nduka Obiagbena’s show&we know hw he runs his things*smh*

17. Linda

March 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm

DOn’t get y that dudley guy won..smh

18. mma

March 20, 2012 at 11:18 pm

seriously out here rigging is done done so that the best person wins that way you will not suspect . I have alot of respect for oluchi but mehn her style is wack even after marrying that desighner i expected an upgrade but nahh i dont blame her models dont need to be style icon unless you are IMAN they dont have the time to run arround like the stars they work work and work nduka obaigbenna abeg give some credibility to this show and dont ruin it with politics abeg should i say obvious politics