News

BN Bytes: Bobby Brown & New Edition in Lagos – Arrival Photos

Bobby Brown arrived yesterday Wednesday 7th March 2012 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos at exactly 3 PM with the other members of New Edition and his fiance, Alicia Etheridge.

The Grammy award singer who is scheduled to perform at the R28 Events “Live in Concert with the New Edition” both in Lagos and Port Harcourt told a press man that “I’m happy to be here, but men, its hot here” and further said “I can’t wait to perform this weekend”.

Photos

Bobby Brown arrives at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos

Bobby Brown gets hounded by the press

Bobby Brown arrives at the Eko Hotel & Suites

Members of the New Edition Group with the concert organizers

If you missed the feature here on BN, listen to Bobby Brown talk about the show
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Bobby-Brown.mp3]

Photo Credit: Black House Media

1. Tres

March 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm

i hope customs checked his load very well oooo….hmmm

2. Sash

March 8, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Imagine the nonsense! See his ugly face. In fact I don’t know what say to this. *sigh*

3. tinu

March 8, 2012 at 4:19 pm

not a fan,so whatever!!!11

4. Theodora

March 8, 2012 at 4:19 pm

well welcome ohhhhhhhhhh

5. missoyi

March 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm

What nonsense! the guy is a waste, am even surprised he’s still performing… and am sure he’ll be paid big money fot dat … what a shame!

6. Couture By Makioba

March 8, 2012 at 4:44 pm

what abt johnny gills and ralph? r they not coming to make up the complete crew of the new edition?…..

7. modupe a a

March 8, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I hope he ws checkd very well..sha lesson 4ladies fall in luv wt ‎​​Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я eyes OPEN. WH ws jst buried less 1mthn.don’t allow anybody to kill u! Chikena ˚˚˚°ºH!!

8. Miriam

March 8, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Not a fan

9. Gidi

March 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Is that his new squeeze?

10. Francesca

March 8, 2012 at 5:25 pm

New edition is old as f-!! My dad looks younger than most of them, and he’s over 50. Bobby Brown needs to put that ugly face back in that BMW.

11. taiwo

March 8, 2012 at 5:35 pm

what the hell is bobby brown doing in nigeria , let me rephrase that who invited him. what is this?

12. Ovadje

March 8, 2012 at 5:38 pm

New Edition still dey?!

13. Flakky

March 8, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Men sha, how can you have married a pretty babe like Whithney and ended up with THIS! Eewwww

14. drugzy

March 8, 2012 at 6:12 pm

There must be something behind this concert..hope he was checked properly

15. primrose

March 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm

this once upon a time musician comes to naija n he is feeling like a king na wah i know our people go pay a lot to see him perform,are those police men guarding him naija sef

16. Dee-USA

March 8, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Is he there with New Edition or Bell Biv Devoe? Are Johnny Gill and Ralph Tresvant flying in later or has the organizer falsely sold people on New Edition?

17. NNENNE

March 8, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Bobby, hope you guys enjoy your stay in Nigeria.
    BTW, fellow BN bloggers, Bobby Brown’s life is what it is…Private.
    Let’s not judge.Enjoy his music if you wish.

• AdaAda

March 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Thank You!!! Some much hate because it’s Bobby Brown. mchewwww

• Yoknyam Dabale

March 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm

exactly!!

18. Godstime Linus

March 8, 2012 at 7:58 pm

i will be in the only if its free cos i cant pay to see Bobby.

19. baraqat

March 8, 2012 at 8:30 pm

dis dude is crazy

20. UsaveOne

March 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Oopss! Didn’t see Ralph T? Lolz see Bobby with Ragolis….anyway i love you guys. Best performance to you Bobby & co.

Check.. http://usaveone.blogspot.com/

21. faith

March 8, 2012 at 9:58 pm

not a fan too!

22. enclaved

March 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Whitney started smoking weed before bobby met her, so stop judging and do your research……………….some 9ja people

• olagirl

March 9, 2012 at 5:12 am

Well said, I wonder when Nigerians would stop all this sentimental bullshit. So because Whitney killed herself he has to commit sucide, nonsense. The show is not for you if u aint a fan so please pocket all your negative comments and hates. He has moved on with his life so haters you can move on or continue hating while he moves on.

23. SHAWN

March 8, 2012 at 11:01 pm

bobby ke bobby ni. oloshi, hu wan pay money to hear 1980 songs? abg wch of his songs nigerians knw?

24. christy

March 8, 2012 at 11:07 pm

D guy na real agboro,c as him comot him head inside a movin car

25. nefe

March 8, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Nigerians have bad mouth. Gosh!

• Guest

March 9, 2012 at 10:19 am

4REAL!!! I’m laffing my head off! Nigerians can yab!!!

26. idid

March 8, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Not a fan of Bobby Brown, but hey y all d hate words? He’s not responsible for Whitney’s death, neither is he responsible for the way Whitney’s life turned out. We are all responsible for the choices we make in life, influence or no influence! Spare the guy please!

• fokasibe

March 9, 2012 at 10:33 am

Ope O! Someone her has said some truth!!!

27. willy

March 8, 2012 at 11:56 pm

hnmmmmm,just wondering if the so called fiance is not a drug addict already,cos she looks like a thing, even bobby is high already flying out of the car i am sure his legs were held inside,,,,,,am not a fan,

28. Me

March 9, 2012 at 12:51 am

I suggest BN shld blur the vehicle license plate numbers for security reasons.

29. Truth be told

March 9, 2012 at 1:12 am

free the guy jor ah ah. abeg bobby enjoy and do your thing

30. yomi bamigboye

March 9, 2012 at 7:21 am

NAFDAC messed big time.I’m sure Igbo is in his pockets…

• Alero

March 9, 2012 at 10:39 am

NAFDAC KE??SINCE WHEN HUH?!

31. chibaby

March 9, 2012 at 8:01 am

what does he think he is coming here to do?first of all i do not know him with any song,and now he wants to use the publicity of Withney’s death to make money?even if i am given a free ticket i wont go for the show.mtcheeeeew!

• Guest

March 9, 2012 at 10:24 am

Get your facts right. New Edition along with other R&B groups from the 80s and 90s have been touring in the Us for weeks now. There is still a demand for these guys in the US. For them to extend the tour to Nigeria then there must be a demand for them here too.

32. obie

March 9, 2012 at 8:43 am

whats up with all the negative comments? if ur not a fan so dont attend the show, the man is just doing his thing. bobby brown is not in any form responsible for whitney’s death, do ur research the woman was already a crackhead before she married bobby, she actually introduced him to crack n cocaine when he was doing just weed. But then i guess we all want to believe Whitney is the angel n bobby is the devil.. BB welcome to Naija o jare

33. Precious Onaimo

March 9, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’m really holding my cool here and adding all the restraint I could gather but I can’t help but say that people like Bobby should be institutionalized. He makes “sick” golden and mad “ethereal”. I hope nemesis catches up with this licensed fool when he least expects. For all of humankind would never forgive or forget the inhumane treatment you gave to a woman you never deserved, whom you held under your grasp thanks to your narcotic leaning. Chimney!

34. fokasibe

March 9, 2012 at 10:32 am

I shall be there LIVE!!!!

35. dimpled freak

March 9, 2012 at 11:12 am

@enclaved it was not weed that destroyed Whitney’s life and yes she is responsible for her life and death. however he beat the crap out of her which is not acceptable and no woman desearves that. But most importantly out respect he could at least stay away from the entertainment scene, her body is still fresh in the ground. As much as is not good to judge but i’m proud that naijas peeps can at least stand up for what is right instead of accepting this bs. u think Bobby can perform in America or uk??? who wud go???

36. Mee

March 9, 2012 at 11:12 am

This Bobby Brown is razzzz sha!

37. Jolie

March 9, 2012 at 11:40 am

The bb babe can’t even wear a nice padded bra under the tank top…. See the way she is dressed as tho she landed in Somalia …. Hissss!! Even she got publicity with the death of whitney…. Luv u Whitney rip
    Ps. Which ever bad habit you have before meeting ur partner…. They should help u and encourage you NOT support you especially wen it is DEADLY!!! Jeezzz
    If it was ur relative now they wud have gone to pick bobby brown, wud have love to see new edition *singing …. I’m still in love with you

38. Berry

March 9, 2012 at 11:52 am

BELL BIV DEVOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mehn, sucks that I can’t go for the show!!!! This makes me want to go looking for all the New Edition/BBD tracks and get my party on!

39. solomon omotoye

March 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm

some ppl should stop haling insults and judgement…i love both Whitney and bobby…they both got talent. life goes on, yoruba says ‘eni tio ku ni tie gbe’ (the dead gone and lonely u can only see and enjoy life while u r still breathing…forget the hate game.we can only beg God to forgive both bobby and Whitney…if bobby gives his life to Christ today, he surely will make heaven…welcome bad boy Bobby and the new edition…IF U MISS THAT CONCERT BECAUSE OF HATE…THEN U HAVE DONE URSELF IN…KUDOS TO THE ORGANISERS!!!

40. solomon omotoye

March 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm

HEY PPL

41. Ada Flavour

March 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Who’s next on the “has Been” band wagon to grace the lands of naija after New Edition? The Whispers, Shalarma (Oops! They’re already there), D’angelo, Toni!Tony!!Tone!!! – Place your bets quick.

42. Capsule

March 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm

ignorant people. Someone actually said ‘I don’t know him with any song’. Wll take your ignorance elsewhere. Bobby was huge in the 80’s. I’m sure the venue will be packed. Can’t wait!!

43. taiwo

March 9, 2012 at 5:08 pm

i totally agree with you that whitney is responsible for her life and the choices she made but bobby brown as a husband when she was doing the soft she was doing, why didnt he try to get her help and say we both get through this together , isnt it for better for worse. i hate bobby brown, i cant even stand him. i dont know wat he is really doing in nigeria but me i just think there is something more behinde this concert as someone already said, i didnt even kno he sings.

44. gbeborun

March 9, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Fair play to Bobby Brown he has to earn a living but to be honest he has passed his sell by date long time ago

45. blessing

March 9, 2012 at 8:28 pm

waste of money

46. Tiki

March 9, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I don’t mean to hate, but I can’t get over the fact that Whitney was only just buried and he’s out doing his thing. I suspect he couldn’t do this concert in America else he’da gotten booed off the stage.

• Marla123

May 20, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Sorry to tell you this tour has nothing to do with Whitney. Didn’t you hear, they were touring when Bobby found out about Whitney’s death. So he’s just doing what he was doing before, living HIS life, doing HIS thing. Just because his ex-wife overdosed doesn’t mean his life with his band and fiance is going to stop. And he’s coming out with a new album which he was working on prior to her death. He and Alicia (his fiance) are getting married in Hawaii next month while he’s over there performing with New Edition. Nearly all their concerts have been sold out so they’re doing well and plenty of people want to see Bobby Brown. I wish them all the luck in the world. People need to stop hating. Whitney had it all and messed it up. Period. We all need to learn from her mistakes. I loved her but she messed her life up. Period.

47. Ayo Fashola

March 10, 2012 at 12:17 am

Who knew New Edition was still relevant?

48. amma

March 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm

i hope NDLEA checked him well oh this guy is a duchbag why would they even give him visa to come to naija. Naw wah for the organizers

49. Tonia

March 13, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I dey tell u @amma. na human being give am visa now n dnt b surprise say na untop em bed fr hotel room dem waka give am. Nigeria out level of stupidity will never end. Dey treat us like animals we treat dem like god mcheeeeeww. See as d bodyguard stand like boy boy! Dnt b surprise say all d securities no check am fr airport. HISSSssssss.

50. jerry

April 7, 2012 at 12:57 am

Dunno when pple will stop being so stupid and childish. Whitney chose to live the way she did. During my tennage days I learnt a lot of vices but I hated gambling.most of my friends gambled and I never indulged. Nigerians learn to stop blaming pple for I die. I have always been a fan of new edition and Bobby right from the ‘candy girl’ days.they guy has his unique style. I have all his songs on my laptop and backed up on my external HD. Will remain a die hard fan till I RIP. It’s my preropagitve.

• frank

April 15, 2018 at 12:51 pm

my brother they dont know what is music.talking bullsheet.these are Legendary .group.new edition 4 lifeu guys u are highly welcome