News

A Prayer For Kosisochukwu Akilo

Ten days after 6-year-old Miss Kosisochukwu Akilo was kidnapped from her home in Enugu, the abductors are yet to contact the family. I can’t begin to imagine what her family must be going through right now – their worries, their pain, their fear, their tears. The little girl was kidnapped two Sundays ago from her family house at No. 56, River Lane, GRA, Enugu and her family still remains in the dark about the whereabouts of the girl.

Why have they not called? What are they doing to the girl? What do they want from the family? Where is she? So many questions running through my mind…

The mother of the girl, Mrs. Ebele Akilo, narrated a very touching ordeal of how gunmen broke into their house in the early hours of Sunday and took her child.

She said the two armed men broke into the house around 2a.m on Sunday through the toilet window. They demanded money and her trinkets but she told them that she did not have any as her jewellery was stolen barely a month ago. Mrs Akilo said they later asked for her children and she showed them where the four of them were sleeping. She said they quickly grabbed her second daughter, collected her phone and left the house on a bike.

“I cried and begged them to leave my daughter but they refused. I am calling on everybody to please help me find my daughter,” she said.

Recently, in Imo state, a man was killed even after N500,000 was paid as ransom to the kidnappers. Pastor Anslem Iwuala who was on his way to his country home, Egberede Nguru in Aboh Mbaise local council area of Imo State was abducted by gunmen along the ever busy Okpala-Mbaise road. But seven days later, his family members found him dead.

Narrating the family’s ordeal to newsmen, the deceased’s cousin, Mr. Odinakachi Iwuala, disclosed that the family made frantic efforts to reach their bread winner, adding that his abductors finally got in contact with the family at about midnight of the ill-fated day and demanded N100 million.

They said they were sent to kill the Pastor and promised that they would spare his life if we paid the ransom.

“The family, however, paid the sum of N500,000 to the kidnappers. We all thought that our prayers had been answered until we received a telephone call from his abductors to rush down to Okpala but what we saw was his corpse.”

I sincerely pray from the depth of my heart that little Kosisochukwu would be found in good health and would return back to her family within a very short time. But I can’t shrug off the worries over the trend of kidnappings in recent times.

During the era when Niger Delta militants carried out most of their activities, the wave of kidnappings was higher, but they were either politically or financially motivated. When the kidnappers got their desired ransom or actions from the government, they released their hostages.

However, what could be the cause of more recent kidnappings where the hostages are killed? Why would they kill the man even after collecting the ransom? What do they want from the little girl and her family that is taking ten days to come up with?

These questions even lead to more questions. Do we again point fingers at the poor level of security in the country as the cause or is this just an act of wickedness?

It is all too annoying and confusing. Kosisochukwu needs to be returned to her family and feel the warmth again from the people who love her. She is too young, too innocent to go through such an ordeal.

My heart goes out to her family at this trying time.

News Source: Vanguard

Kosisochukwu was abducted on Sunday morning May 13, 2012. Please call 08033475532 if you have any information on her whereabouts or go to the nearest police station.

Adeola Adeyemo is a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from University of Lagos. However, her passion is writing and she worked as a reporter with NEXT Newspaper. She believes that anything can be written about; anything can be a story depending on the angle it is seen from and the writer's imagination. When she is not writing news or feature articles, she slips into her fantasies and creates interesting fiction pieces. She blogs at www.deolascope.blogspot.com

1. Elabibs

May 23, 2012 at 7:50 am

I am in tears bcos I can’t imagine my kids being taken from me. And the pastor who was killed even makes me more scared fort his little girl. May God see you through this horrible time. I pray your daughter will come back safely. I will make an effort broadcast this news.

2. Chydee

May 23, 2012 at 8:06 am

I hope and pray she is returned home safely and unharmed.

• Swthrt

May 23, 2012 at 10:00 am

I hope and pray so too!

3. Edisemi Tare-Abang

May 23, 2012 at 8:19 am

It is a pity what we have become. I hope we would come to a frame of mind that can give us what we lack most- SANity!

4. pynk

May 23, 2012 at 8:28 am

Really BN you had to publish their house address too? Make them more vulnerable?

• Al-baby

May 23, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I get you but what’s the worst that can happen. Other abductors? The culprits already know their way back there and which daughter is being spoken about if they even get to read this story on Bellanaija.

5. Couture By Makioba

May 23, 2012 at 8:36 am

Lord take charge……

6. Duchess Jacob Abayomi

May 23, 2012 at 8:42 am

Kosi must ßξ found in G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ health. There’s G̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡Đ in heaven. She must ßξ found dis week ãήϑ we will do thanksgiving by Sunday. Amen

7. doll

May 23, 2012 at 8:43 am

i pray she is found o! the level of insecurity in this country is so alarming. what a sad story

8. Ngozi

May 23, 2012 at 8:44 am

Lord God of heaven and earth, who sees all, I call upon your mercy!! I call upon the power available to me in the name of the living Jesus, and ask that the this child be returned alive and well!! The Lord strengthen her family and continue to comfort them. Angels of the most high God, please keep Kosi alive and well, in the mighty name of Jesus!!!

9. Ephee

May 23, 2012 at 8:48 am

The mark of Christ is upon u wherever u r in Jesus name. I decree and declare that u r d anointed of God and therefore untouchable inJesus name. It’s well. This country, where exactly can dz vices take us

10. Beebe

May 23, 2012 at 9:03 am

i pray the hands of God to rest upon the life of kosisochukwu. she is too innocent to go thru this babaric ordeal.i trust she will be safe and sound and the wicked will never go unpurnish. Amen

11. marvel

May 23, 2012 at 9:11 am

If it is a BN wedding, there’ll be many comments! The governor of this state should make it a personal mission to have this child found and the kidnappers (well, handcuffed and handed to a group of mothers). This is completely out of order and should be the very last. What has jewelry got to do with a child? I am appalled!!

12. tweeny

May 23, 2012 at 9:11 am

I pray the angel of God keep her safe and trouble the kidnappers until they return her to her parents. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Mz B

May 23, 2012 at 9:17 am

This is really sad! I hope she is found safe and well. Let us pray for her safe recovery! 🙁

14. Linda O

May 23, 2012 at 9:38 am

Little kosio we be found IJN. Those that kidnappered her we not find rest , the fire of God we torment and frustrate them until they take her back to her family IJN.

15. 9ice Prince

May 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

One thing i want to make clear here is that those responsible for this evil act should remember that whatever a man sows that he shall reap. The little girl u guys abducted is a wonderful gift and destiny from the Lord and she is a future of tomorrow. and remember u will have a kid tomorrow, ask ur self what if ur kid is forcefully away from u, how will u fill. Pls release the Precious girl and stop tormenting her.

16. Chloeze

May 23, 2012 at 9:54 am

Am crying as I read this becos as a mother I can relate to the emotions the mother and the whole family is passing through. Lord of the heavens and the earth, keep Kosisochukwu safe from the plans of the wicked one. Arise on her behalf and bring her safe and sound to her people. Hear the cry of her mother, hear the cries of our other mothers and hear the prayers of everybody to you and her be rescued safely in Jesus name. Amen.

17. Le Sigh

May 23, 2012 at 9:56 am

This is awful

18. kem

May 23, 2012 at 10:21 am

may the angel of God keep her safe, she will be found in good condition, no eveil shall befall kosi, it is well with you dear and my prayer is reaching out to you wherever you are, amen, confusion shall set in among the kidnappers and you will be brought back, in jesus name amen……….just last week my neighbor parent were kidnapped right in front of my gate , firstly the man was release to go get some money cuz the kids at home were so little to provide the requested amount which was asked for, and later on, the wife was also released, so lets be positive…it is well

19. Dee

May 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

This is heartbreaking and scary. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain and torment of the mother. God really needs to intervene in Nigeria. The Country is going downhill FAST!!!

20. Redcarpetgoat

May 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

abductors of Kosi, you will not know peace till she is set free in good health!….that you Jesus!

21. Anthonia Dooshima Oguah

May 23, 2012 at 10:34 am

Am sobing, cant imagine what is going on with her, No ! I can’t…..Lord please help her, soften the heart of the kidnappers Lord make a way for Kosisochukwu. Father Lord i am a mother of 3 children i feel this pain for her parents, help us lord to keep her save wherever they are holding her captive. LORD YOU CAN MAKE A WAY, PLEASE { My heart is heavy am sobbing seriously and my kids are asking me why mummy is crying, i can’t tell them, i can’t}

22. osede

May 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

this is sooooo sad… she would be found in Jesus name. it is well. i pray that God would comfort her family in this time… it is well in Jesus name……. 🙁

23. irene

May 23, 2012 at 10:39 am

I truly believed God will rescue her. God please have mercy

24. chydma

May 23, 2012 at 10:46 am

God will not let anything happen to her cos she is innocent of what ever they are taking her for.

25. Chinonso

May 23, 2012 at 10:54 am

May God almighty return Kosi back immediately, in perfect health. amen

26. mary

May 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

My dear beloved kosi nothing at all shall happen to u bcos u are d apple of God’s eyes. My prayers is dat God will arrest those kidnappers. U are free indeed kosiso jehova

27. Kingsley C.

May 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

God please save us from this situation… Its not fair!!

28. Papa

May 23, 2012 at 11:13 am

Igbo man and money. Tufiakwa! Yahoo we carry am for head, kidnapping we carry am for head. What type of nonsense is this biko. Little girl. This is just rubbish. Ppl just dey waste other ppl lives for nonsense money. Police/govt if una no go work, make una clear make we protect our families ourselves biko.

• mimi

May 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

O please your comment is uncalled for!must u mention igbo?

• Dede

May 24, 2012 at 2:20 am

You’re being modest in the face of pure evil. Good luck!

29. Janet

May 23, 2012 at 11:19 am

very sad

30. onyx

May 23, 2012 at 11:28 am

Only bastards and cowards would do a thing like this and that would even be an insult to cowards and bastards. My thoughts go out to the girl’s family and loved ones.i can’t begin to imagine the level of trauma they are experiencing right now. my sincere prayer is that their little angel is returned back safely to them Abig amen to that.

31. aby

May 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

May God be with you wherever you are.You will be found.and may God give your mother peace and strenght.

32. precious

May 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

She will be found IJN. Amen

33. Gidi

May 23, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Each time i try looking at her pic my heart breaks. Such a gorgeous kid being put in the worst possible harm imaginable.
    Kosi, may the grace and power of God create a hedge around you even in the midst of evil. May you return home safe and whole.
    Strength and wisdom for your parents at this trying time.

34. ogoo

May 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Unfathomable Divine Mercy, I trust in U…. Pls Help Us Find Little Kosi in Good health, Amen!!

35. Debby

May 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm

The good Lord I serve will restore Kosisochukwu back to her parents in good health IJN

36. Ozyy

May 23, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Kosi may GOD keep u safe wereva u r in JESUS name. Amen..May he also give ur family strength

37. Vivian

May 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm

God send your Angel for speedy action

38. stella

May 23, 2012 at 3:16 pm

She will be found in Jesus Name Amen, and from this mins peace will seize in d lives/homes of those kidnappers in Jesus name…Amen

39. christy

May 23, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I did my best in posting this news about a week ago in my facebook page,hope she will be found,hale and healthy.

40. debby

May 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm

By Jehovah’s Grace, little kosi will be found

41. goggles

May 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm

My heart is breaking over this sad news.i knw d family personally n they r peaceful folks. i pray dt d kidnappers will never know peace till they return little kosi safe and sound!

42. olubukola

May 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Lord we pray that by this time tomorrow, we will be reading on this blog that Kosi has been found and is safe with her loved ones!
    We declare war over her kidnappers and cover her with the precious blood of Jesus
    Father do what only You are capable of doing in Jesus name!
    Amen!!

43. Tiki

May 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

No mother or child should have to go through this. Human beings can indeed sink to astonishing levels of wickedness. May God strengthen them at this trying time, and restore Kosiso alive and unharmed to her parents.

44. Usaveone

May 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm

What a wicked world…i serve a living God and i believe Kosi is safe!
    God plz touch the heart of these evil men to release Kosi.

@iaykay- fftwitter

45. ade

May 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm

i pray she would be safe in jesus name

46. nomso

May 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm

i cant help my tears cos i can imagine how kosi is…i have a daughter of about that age. But those who trust in the Lord can neva be forsaken… for the sake of your name Lord, let the devil be put to shame and made to understand that there is power in the name of Jesus. YOUR BLOOD WAS SHED FOR KOSI, YOU LOVE CHILDREN, CAUSE CONFUSION AMONGST THESE PEOPLE.. THEY ARE MERE MORTALS WHO LIVE BY YOUR MERCY, WHO BREATH BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM LIFE.. YOU WERE WITH DANIEL IN THE DEN OF LIONS, THE LIONS BECAME HIS PILLOW SO SHALL THE PERPETRATORS OF KOSI BE HELPLESS AND POWERLESS WITH HER UNTIL THEY RETURN HER HOME. KOSISOCHUKWU..HOW IT PLEASES GOD, YOU WILL RETURN FOR AS LONG AS THE LORD LIVES IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

47. Juddymak

May 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm

God pls answer this family’s prayer and let kosisochukwu find her way home in Jesus’s
    Name Amen

48. haba!

May 23, 2012 at 6:50 pm

i truly hope that they are not raping the girl!!! cause i know nigerian men are useless! Father lord plz keep this child safe and return her to her family unharmed and untouched!!

49. Osa

May 23, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I hope and pray this little girl is ok. This is heartbreaking.

50. Bodashee

May 23, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Pls what is d Nigerian police doing about this? Do we even have a security system? Y is dere no news? Dis girl is too little and innocent to go thru dis . I pray ahe comes bac in peace, and God pls help her heart heal.

51. chyk-o

May 23, 2012 at 11:34 pm

by and by the morning shall come, we shall tell d story how we overcometh. May God keep and return Kosi in good health we pray in Jesus name. AMEN

52. anon

May 24, 2012 at 1:13 am

God in heaven just for the sake of this innocent child show your power, She will come home safe, not molested or any evil committed on her, Mother Mary intercede!!!

53. ao

May 24, 2012 at 1:56 am

The purpose of government is to solve collectively those issues that cannot be solved individually and public safety/security is one of those issues that goverment is obligated to solve. Kidnappings in Nigeria is rooted government corruption (and this is the case with many of the social problems in Nigeria). Those in goverment have left Nigerian citizens to fend for themselves against criminals, while they steal public funds. GEJ’s non-response to boko haram attacks is a case in point. So, yes, Kosisochukwu is a victim of corruption.

54. mereal

May 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

The only person her parents have now is YOU God, do not let them down pls…. bring Kosisochukwu back to her parents…. This is just very sad, God have mercy plssss

55. Chioma Alex

May 24, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Very sad story indeed.may GOd protect the lil girl for he sees all.those kidnappers would never know peace until that Lil girl is back to her family.my condolence to the family of the pastor,cos God knows best.

56. Folasade

May 26, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Ever since I read this story, the young girl’s picture has been on my bb dp and the link to this story was put as my personal message. As long as she is missing, her picture will remain there for all on my bb contact list to see and be aware of this child’s fate. I appeal to all reading this to join me, let’s help find Kosi. The more people are aware of what has happened to her, the more her picture is seen on people’s dps facebook profiles and twitter avatars, someone will recognise her in the hands of her abductors and someone will come forward with infomation as regards Kosi. Let’s help her family, it could happen to anyone of us. I pray God sees Kosi and her family through this. Amen

57. Tim chukwunwogor

June 1, 2012 at 8:03 am

That young sweetie has been found.TG