Music

BN Video Premiere: Gloria Maduka – Crazy For You

Onos

Gloria Maduka

Back in 2011, the unique international singer-songwriter, Gloria Maduka hopped on the scene and BellaNaija was quick to spot her star and featured her in a “Who Is…” post.

Ever since then though, she’s seemingly been on hiatus but she’s back now and back with a vengeance; a deep, sincere message – “Love knows no boundary”.

Gloria debuts her spanking new single, “Crazy For You” with a video shot on location in Portland, USA and features cameos from African Youtube sensation, “Naija Boyz”.

Video was Directed by Teju Komolafe (Naija Boyz) and Emmanuel Maduka (Madux Vision)

Check on it!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. mexo

February 27, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I love this. No be only black men go dey dance with Oyibo girls. Its time to bridge the racial divide in love too!

2. Omo Sexzy

February 27, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Nice Video, great voice lady, but who is the hot Tom Cruise looking model guy?!? Umm Yum !

3. J.F.K

February 27, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Haha @mexo, I was thinking the same tin. The men have been doing it for years, now na the babe dey find oyinbo. Revengeeeee hehee

4. Choice

February 27, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Differently nice

5. Belinda

February 27, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Okay this is a really cool video. She can actually sing and the video looks fun and refeshing .

6. lalaroses

February 28, 2013 at 2:57 am

quality can be better.

7. RMD

February 28, 2013 at 5:38 am

She is fooiiiineeee.

8. Solobizy

February 28, 2013 at 7:08 am

wow!!! lovely video, alws know u will never stop giving d best

9. Sonia

February 28, 2013 at 9:42 am

Was this thing shot with Motorola phone and please, is it by force to have oyibo people in the vid. It reminds me of MoCheddah’s mishap. Mba!

10. Lolar

February 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Nice voice

11. Dimmy Ola

February 28, 2013 at 11:53 pm

The music Production not bad, her voice isn’t either. Thank God music is not like all the other junk called “music” that saturate the Nigerian airwave in the last 4-5years. I give her kudos for doing something different; something rather fresh! However I think the use of white people in the video is rather cheesy and corny. As black, we should not be prejudice, so dont get me wrong as I am not promoting prejudice. We can create music videos that are none prejudice, but they have to be presented brilliantly depicted to that purpose. Looking keenly at this video, it does not strike me at all as one that is trying not to be prejudice by accommodate people from all race. Rather it demonstrate like many other Nigerian music videos, the subtle inferiority complex that a lot of our people have toward people of white colour.

PLEEEEEEASE!! You dont have to have white people in your videos, for it to be great or appear classy. Like I said before, I dont have problem with white people at all, as a matter of fact I grew up in a white man’s country. I dont disagree with black men or women being in a love relationship with a white person either. A music video is suppose to feel real although it may not necessarily be real, particularly when there are role plays in the video. It is clear to me that whoever directed this video just wanted to put people of white skin in the video whether they fit the concept or not. Please don’t tell me that you cannot see that some of the whites in this video look very out of place, especially the guy playing the role of the singer’s boyfriend?

The way it should work is to decide a concept for your video, then figure out what fits and go with it. If doesn’t fit, dont use it. If what fits is white people, use it. If it is Chinees, Indian, black, or Arab or whatever then use them. If it doesn’t fit but you use it anyway, it is a clear indication that your motive is wrong; PERIOD!

Someone made a comment that black men have been dancing white girls for a while, therefore it about time black women did the same. I’m sorry that’s just a flimsy way to think in my opinion. I dont think black women and men are in competition about who dates white people, and if you have an issue with that then that’s a pity. This video concept just did not work with all that number of white people in it. PERIOD! It is cheesy and pathetic in my own opinion.

12. Mary Jane

March 1, 2013 at 9:58 pm

lol @ dimmy. it is not even that serious.

13. Janae'

March 2, 2013 at 3:07 am

I love this video. It’s fun, fresh and has a ‘feel good’ vibe to it. The comments about white people not belonging in it are rubbish. Music transcends skin color, it connects us all and embraces/celebrates diversity. Music speaks a language we can ALL understand and appreciate. Just my opinion…

14. Jinadu Funmi