News

Ofilispeaks: Leave It To God…The New Nigeria Bailout Plan

for twitterSo unless you have been living under a rock, you must have heard about the Ese Walter story. If not, google Ese Walter. Now back to the story…

Ese Walter on Thursday of last week alleged that she had an intimate 1 week affair with her Pastor…Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA. The whole world (including third world and first world citizens) waited eagerly for the pastor’s response and they were not disappointed. At least if you are a Nigerian, you were not. It was the classic leave it to God response, embellished with occasional screams from an adoring congregation as the pastor made empty statements like:

God told the Israelites to keep quiet. For 7 days don’t talk ~ Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo #COZA — ‘Seun Salami (@SeunWrites) August 25, 2013

When we asked God, God said be quiet. Thank you! ~ Pastor Biodun #COZA — ‘Seun Salami (@SeunWrites) August 25, 2013

If God tells you don’t fight for yourself, don’t fight for yourself because you will spoil what God wants to do ~ Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo #COZA — ‘Seun Salami (@SeunWrites) August 25, 2013

If we could summarize his speech it would be God said I should leave it to Him. Leaving it to God? The classic bail out line used by Nigerians all the time…but who is this God we are leaving things for?

Is it the same God that stood and watched as thousands of African slaves were brutally abused and dehumanized under the biblical words of 1st Peter 2:18-25….slaves be loyal to your masters even the harsh ones? Or was it the same God that Martin Luther King conjured in his I have a dream speech when he said it was time to make justice a reality for all of God’s children? Talking about God’s children…

Was it the same God whose very own special child Lola Akindele saw in her dream for 2 years straight? The one who ensured that she was given bread and not pounded yam at 3am? The one she gloriously quoted several times before notifying the world that her new book “Papa’s LITTLE Girls” is about to come out, just in case you wanted to buy it?

Was it the same God that dwelled over the August 4th Sunday service in Delta state. As Revered Iweh Godspower urged the congregation to emulate James Ibori. The same Ibori who is still serving jail terms in London prison for fraud? The same Ibori who robbed Delta state blind, but is still ironically cheered upon by the very own people he robbed? Was it that God? And o while we are on criminal and crooks, let us not forget Dimeji Bankole, was it the same COZA God that presided over his welcome home service after over $1 billion was discovered in his UBA account?

Or is it the same God in our Nations National pledge? The God that is meant to help us serve Nigeria with all our strength, the God that is meant to help us defend her unity and the God that is there to help us uphold her honor and glory? Because if it is, where was he when Lloyd, Ugonna, Chiadaka and Tekena the aluu4 victims called upon his name, only to be torched to death by an angry mob. Was He absent?

That has become the irony of life in Nigeria. Leaving everything to God and taking little or no responsibility as we act in the words of Lagbaja like mumu’s.

1960-leaving-it-to-GOD-blackYour husband is beating you…don’t worry leave it to God. LASTMA slapped you and your girlfriend…don’t worry God will provoke on your behalf. Pastor molest you…ah leave it to God…God will judge him. Everything is left to God.

Reminds me about that joke about the Nigerian man who throws up money in the sky and says that God can take what he wants. But God does not take any, it just falls down to earth and we laugh at the joke. But the joke is on us as, as anyone with an imagination is able to create their version of what God told them to suite their very situation…whether it is to promote slavery, to sell a book or dodge a sticky adulterous situation. They throw up bullshit, disguise it in scriptures and soon people are munching it up as the new shit! Bathing in the shit…rolling all over the shit and even tweeting the shit.

As in the case of #COZA…people jumping up and down but failing to realize that the pastor has not faced the issue, he has simply conjured a series of scriptural verses and passages to deviate from the point. The same alleged tactic he used on Ese, is magnified on an entire congregation. And before you know it, one month will pass, maybe two and soon Ese Walter will be forgotten and Pastor will be cruising abi flying again…just like DANA airlines. Simply because we chose to leave it to HIS God! #ShineYourEyesNigeria

PS: Before you judge me…God told me to write this article.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
twitterOfili is an author who blogs about life, success and entrepreneurial excellence Nigerian crap. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to his blog for more honest talk and as @ofilispeaks on Instagram for more sketches! To bring Ofili to your school or organization as a speaker simply go here. His third book is titled How Intelligence Kills Us and will be coming out in the second quarter of 2013 as soon as possible.

Okechukwu Ofili is a trouble maker, the author of 4 books and speaks at organizations that are tired of hearing the same old stuff and want the truth. He is also the founder of okadabooks.com and blogs daily at ofilispeaks.com You can follow him on Twitter or stalk him on Instagram You can also read his funny books on konga or okadabooks

1. dnt mention

August 29, 2013 at 10:40 am

truth!!!!!!!

• slice

August 29, 2013 at 1:28 pm

lol so u guys want to force the pastor dude to possibly add a lie to the possible adultery. Maybe him no one lie now if he do am (pun intended). This one na lose lose situation. If he keeps quiet loong eonugh tho, the tin will likely blow over. I bet if he says he didn’t do it, there’ll be another round of articles abt the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice when he made the denial

• slice

August 29, 2013 at 4:45 pm

**him no wan***

2. Miss Concerned

August 29, 2013 at 10:45 am

Hmmm…well spoken Ofili. #fud 4gr8thot that calls for chg in attitude

3. Adanna

August 29, 2013 at 10:46 am

Preach my brother… Preach !!

4. Derin

August 29, 2013 at 10:59 am

lol @ “PS: Before you judge me…God told me to write this article”. I really like how we revere God in my country but seriously, I can’t for the life of me begin to wrap my head the whole blame it on God excuses to steal, abuse, etc. People perishing for lack of knowledge of their God!!!

• Derin

August 29, 2013 at 11:00 am

*wrap my head around the…..

5. MizImani

August 29, 2013 at 11:01 am

Word…

6. MoD

August 29, 2013 at 11:02 am

You better preach Ofili!!!!!!!! I’ve been wondering myself what happened to the story. All of a sudden, like many predicted, it’s simply died down and people have moved on…

7. Person

August 29, 2013 at 11:04 am

Thank you Ofili! At least some people are still using their cerebrum. COZA pastor bullshitted his entire congregation and they were clapping like idiots. Worshipping men instead of the true God. shame.

8. rashida

August 29, 2013 at 11:04 am

ofili tell them please. The sad part is here in Nigeria will your husband be physically abusing you nd ur family members will say that you just gave to be patient nd leave it to God

9. Anonymous

August 29, 2013 at 11:07 am

Dear Ofili,
    God is who He is. Ofili, even with your misinterpretations about God I can strongly tell you that I have found Him, I have experienced His splendor and glory even in the midst of troubles. Would you rather live like God’s a myth all because life problems that you cant control and later die to find out that He truly exists?? I pray that you discover Him and that He makes Himself known to you.

Its true that poverty has made Nigerians so blindly dependent on God even when he has put the solution to their problems in them. I believe Nigerians would have never believed that theres a God if the government was even 50% efficient. Thats man for you!

People like you turn out to be big time preachers! your confessions will one day change and you will win souls to the God of kingdom. You can as well change your name from Okechukwu to Okem since God’s a myth to you. God is still waiting its never too late, lets all these confusions and situations around give you the hunger to know him.

Amen!!!

• Wow

August 29, 2013 at 11:19 am

I don’t think you got the context of Ofili’s message. He isn’t saying there’s no GOD. He’s simply questioning the ‘god’ that these people profess.

• Bleed blue

August 29, 2013 at 11:22 am

Are you kidding me? God is a myth to him?

Okay, let me give you the benefit of the doubt that you only read the first few paragraphs. Please Anonymous, try and go back and read EVERYTHING he said in his piece. Thank you.

• Impeccable

August 29, 2013 at 11:54 am

You’re definitely missing the point. Sometimes we need to take action ourselves, not every occurrence can be attributed to some message form God nor should every reaction or every comeuppance be filed under – ‘Leave it to God’…

• Partyrider

August 29, 2013 at 11:29 am

Sigh..and I feel ofili wasted his time writing this after I read your comment,because you boldly missed the point. There’s no point even explaining to you. Bye now

• Partyrider

August 29, 2013 at 11:31 am

…thankfully there are people who get his point.

• tm

August 29, 2013 at 2:33 pm

i have just one word; READ!

• D

August 29, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Anonymous Christian……… Gosh! Like seriously GOSH!!! You are sooo beyond clueless it is SAD!

• KINGSLEY

August 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm

What a daft reply.

• Temi

September 6, 2013 at 8:57 am

If you read the write up properly, you will find out that Ofili is not saying that there is no God per se, he is saying God expects us as Christians to act. Christians were there when those guys were being lynched by the mob, christians were probably among the mob. If we call ourselves christians, the holy spirit resides in us, therefore God is within us and we must act to change society and condemn iniquity

10. babyboo

August 29, 2013 at 11:10 am

THIS! makes all the sense in the world. Its jus sad really how nigerians have become so brainwashed all in the name of religion. The COZA thing will soon be forgotten now and Biodun (Pastor to some of you) will be free to move on with his life without having given an appropriate response to those allegations. I weep for my country!…

11. kemio

August 29, 2013 at 11:23 am

God bless u Ofili, thank you for speaking all and more of the words inside my head and many others who are not brainwashed. Psalm 2:4 God seats on his throne and laughs at all those who are using his name in vain. Psalm 37:13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming. All those that like to say let God judge, i beg you to reconsider that option because his judgment will be far worse even with the level of grace you think you have.

12. aleesha

August 29, 2013 at 11:29 am

dear anonymous.

Please point out how Ofili has misinterpreted God in this piece.

13. Sunshine

August 29, 2013 at 11:33 am

Dear Anonymous,

You are completely missing the point Ofili is saying about the article above. He is not saying that he is not a believer in God. I trust he definitely is.

Over the years Nigeria has become a country whose people run away from the truth even when the truth is staring at their faces.

Ese’s pastor was highly diplomatic about his answers to her strong allegations!!!!!!!!!! And as usual the brainwashed people believe. I totally agree with Ofili,Nigerians wake up and shine your eyesssssssssssssssssssssss…….God bless you Ofili as he continues to order your steps and your words.

14. Julz

August 29, 2013 at 11:36 am

This article had me nodding my head in agreement. People always misquote and bastardize God’s word to suit their own needs at any given moment. Loved this piece, so much truth and humour in it.

15. Zayt

August 29, 2013 at 11:53 am

hahaha @ before u judge me God told me to write this article! ofili u wont kill me. True talk tho…

16. AA

August 29, 2013 at 11:59 am

GOD TOLD ME TO READ THIS POST

17. tutsie

August 29, 2013 at 12:01 pm

@Ofili: u seem to have forgotten that not long ago, twas the devil Nigerians were blaming for everything! until he got tired and cried out; now instead of blaming the devil, they are justifying and leaving it to God! Lord, have mercy on us and don’t get weary of helping us

• slice

August 29, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Lol at the devil got tired and cried out.

18. Thatgidigirl

August 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Anonymous is commenting on another article obviously. However, okechukwu thank you for this really “robust” article, we are still waiting for pastor Biodun to come up with his robust response which is taking an unbelievably robust amount of time. In the meantime, let us leave it to God na, abi?

19. Moche

August 29, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Ofili !!!!!!!!! ……. So on point, its like you read my mind and put it down in a well written write-up.
    One thing for sure though, Nigerians may forget about Ese but people will be on the alert with regards to COZA

20. osas

August 29, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I blv his one of d workers of coza, dats y he hurriedly made a comment b4 reading what ofili posted, holy! Holy!

21. teetee

August 29, 2013 at 12:41 pm

as soon as i saw the article title and Ofili’s name.i jus knew it would be biased,cause since the whole coza thing,iv bin seeing his comments up and down..as if his bitter or has a personal issue with the said pastor.to Everything in life,theres always a flip side..yes there are fake pastors and there are true pastors,whom their mistakes or shortcomings dont make them less than what they are..i laugh at some things that i see and thank God everyday that “man” is not God…if not,human beings wont exist again.All of you castigating this pastor whom you have NO proof he did this ,do u have girlfriends,boyfriends?do u have sex with them?you are as guilty in the eyes of God as that coza pastor(if indeed it is true)..i might hv digressed but truth is i didnt waste my time to read this cus im sure its pure junk!No matter the number of articles written.stuff like this will not stop happening ,cause the bible talked about it and scriptures will b fufillef.Work out your salvation people ,Run your Race,fight the good fight of faith,Serve God,not man and most importantly dont let media make u sin against God with your words,cause every word we must give account of.

• Oma

August 29, 2013 at 1:08 pm

@teetee…e dey knack you too abi?? because e clear…dont worry we will all be here when you “pour out your soul”…rubbish…..

• AMY

August 29, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Then read the article! you are the biased one, going on about (can’t even figure that out!!???). Read, assimilate and understand. It’s because of people like you that Nigeria is the way it is.

• Emmz

August 29, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Aunty teetee ignorance is a disease!!! Education is key. Read read read!!! You didn’t read the article and you commented. How “smart”

• Okechukwu Ofili

August 29, 2013 at 1:36 pm

lol teetee. I have no issue with the pastor or church. COZA does not owe me anything…I just feel that the Sunday response offered nothing…that’s all. And although this article was stimulated by COZA it also addresses issues such as Ibori being honored in Church. These things have been happening and we need to speak out against them as best as we can.

22. Josie Okafor

August 29, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Finally! Some sense communicated! Very true Offili

23. abeggi

August 29, 2013 at 1:04 pm

ofili oya clap for yerr self..you have written an article on how most nigerians leave everything for God…which is true but hey may i ask what you yourself are doing /what have you done? (besides writing articles that would incite an average nigerian for a few days before they return to their docile attitude once again) what do you do when you know your neighbour is being abused by her husband?
    what do you do when you see people about to lynch a thief..do you just shake your head and mutter some curse words while driving away /making a mental note to come to bella naija and rant??
    Please i am really tired of people with their articles where they can rant and rave and make noise so you can get praises and a pat in the back but after that you sit down quietly in a corner fanning yourself like you have done something fantastic..GTFOH! you are no different from them only difference is : you make noise! I AM TIRED OF ARTICLES, I WANT ACTION!

• Okechukwu Ofili

August 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm

great question abeggi.

Not that I care to tell you, when the aluu4 thing happened, we created an online platform and garnered 3000 votes to make Mob Justice a criminal offence in Nigerian criminal code. The petition went all the way to the Nigerian senate where it was struck down. We also went to Port-harcourt to visit Lloyd’s mum and help them out as best as we could.

On domestic violence especially when it comes to females I have worked with a young girl named Gizi, you won’t know her, but she is amazing in fighting and combating domestic violence and child abuse in Nigeria. She battles a lot of the “leave it to God” mentality in Nigeria and is an inspiration for many of the things I write.

When I encountered the problematic Nigerian publishing industry and bookstores raping Nigerian authors. I did not leave it to God, blame it on the devil or gossip. I came together with my partner to create okadabooks.com for Nigerian authors to profit from their works.

So abegi…you may know me for only my writings. But trust me…I just don’t write, I get up and do ish. Lots of ish not mentioned above.

The fact is that if Nigeria is to progress we need to get away from our laptops to make a difference. But that does not mean you should not type or talk away when you see rubbish happening.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] anytime and we could chat some more. Shoot we could even talk on the phone and figure out ways we could help Nigeria.

• jcsgrl

August 29, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Hi Okechukwu,

I’m still ROTFLOL at your PS comment! Isi adiro gi mma. While I don’t appreciate you slightly dissing my girl Lola but I totally get what you’re saying. Me sef I’m tired of it of leave it to God. But like most Nigerians, I want to do something but don’t know where to start. Perhaps you can start educating us on how to get up and fight injustice. When the Ese and Pst B story broke, I stood up for Ese. Unfortunately I started taking that stand when I noticed that my fellow women will always be the first to be blamed when something like rape or abuse happens. I will defend women first until I feel otherwise because no one including my fellow women will stand for them. It reminded me of what my mom will always do if we got in trouble at school or anywhere. She will defend us till thy kingdom come and when we get home then she will rebuke us. But nobody messed with us bcos my mama na craze woman. She will be prepared to fight anybody or anything for her children. So my long epistle is please empower us on how to advocate and stand against injustice, What can we do to make a difference where we are?

• yewande

August 29, 2013 at 2:55 pm

My respect for you just went up several notches! Inspired.

I’m really looking forward to the day Nigerian Christians will take to heart James 2:14-17: What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

I just don’t understand why a majority of Nigerian Christians somehow translate faith to being docile. Taking action does not mean disrespecting people/authority or making people feel bad. Our faith should in fact translate to works (and yeah, works sometimes means blogging and writing articles! There are people who have been inspired to action by what they have read!)

• Atoke

August 29, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Whoosh!!!!!!!!!

• Baby

August 29, 2013 at 2:43 pm

You accuse someone of going on a rant, but here you are doing the same. In fact it’s worse, because your assumptions have no basis. Now Ofili has told you how he has contributed to the betterment of his people. What are you going to do about it? In the future, a simple question of what have you done would suffice.

• Bleed blue

August 29, 2013 at 3:04 pm

@ abeggi, you just got SERVED!

Oya the mic is passed back to you…talk oh!

24. KarmenSimms

August 29, 2013 at 1:11 pm

True talk

25. sh

August 29, 2013 at 1:12 pm

isn’t it funny that some Christians will be quick to tell you that God will not come down to take our offering and how the pastors will be the one to spend the money (justifying the extravagant of some of them like lodging in Wheatbaker while there are poor members in his church);and also be quick to tell you to leave everything to God.

Don’t get it twisted, i am a christian, i believe in miracles and also believe that we can make a difference using the brain and strength that God has given us.
    in the other news, the story about the girl, the angel and the husband has been the funniest so far in Bella Naija……it was just her strategy to sell her book.

26. just thinking

August 29, 2013 at 1:23 pm

So my dear teetee does that mean because people who have boy friend and girl friend then it makes what this pastor did moral. I really cannot understand nigerians they baffle me. As a pastor whether he is guilty or not his name should not be associated with these sort thing because you are held at a higher level of accountability. I thank God for social media, probably this will be a deterrrent for others. I pray we get to a place as Nigerians where men in power will be held accountable for their sexual exploits like in developed countries. And the more ofilis we have who speak out the more we will get to where we need to be as a nation…

27. just thinking

August 29, 2013 at 1:24 pm

*meant boy friend and girlfriend sleeping with each other*

28. Tess

August 29, 2013 at 1:27 pm

God bless you Ofili, you have done well. Religion does not mean blindness or being bereft of thinking and action. Sadly in Nigeria we have gotten too mentally lazy to really know God. But the beauty of scandals like the COZA one, is that it gets people thinking again and questioning the ways they have always done things especially the ‘leave it to God’, ‘judge not’ and ‘touch not my annointed’ mentality.

29. Evagreen

August 29, 2013 at 1:30 pm

This guy obviously has no idea who God is.

• yewande

August 29, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Obviously, you must know who God is. So my question to you is- who is God and what has he called you to be/do? Please enlighten us!

30. TI

August 29, 2013 at 1:41 pm

LMAO OFILI YOU JUST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!! AT MY PLACE OF WORK THIS WAS AN ARGUMENT FOR 2DAYS AND THEY WERE IN FULL SUPPORT OF THE PASTOR AND SAYING THE GIRL WAS WRONG FOR GOING PUBLIC…and wait for it…she should have left IT TO GOD AND HER CONSCIENCE, GOD WILL SORT HER OUT. IM LIKE WTFFFFFFF. Are people SMOKING. And these are women blaming the girl oh. THIS PASTOR MANIPULATED HER, AND EMOTIONALLY ABUSED HER. i mean granted it was consent buttt common…my own is that the pastor needs to APOLOGIZE WHETHER OR NOT IT WAS CONSENTED

• Miss Concerned

August 29, 2013 at 4:20 pm

chim o! I sha dint want 2comment but on seeing ds, am angry. if this story is true, havn thot aborit, ese isnt wrong cos it takes courage to stand up to the lashing mouth of nigerians and have saved some women too but if not, na very wrong thing o. As for pastor, how make I talk am? wot he did is equally very wrong (if it is true); but then our culture doesn’t help matas; a culture that excuses the male folk for everything esp in a case like ds; so if u ask me, hu i wan ask? to be candid and no sentiments attached, if this is true and he apologises, he’ll come out as divine cos everybody go forget the matter faster, do restitution and continue preaching in peace, no hassles#

31. maya

August 29, 2013 at 1:57 pm

LORD JESUS thank you for Ofili writing his own article on this matter because it has been burning him since the thing happened with all his bitter comments on BN!
    i totally agree with all the things Ofili has said, Nigerians are forever leaving things in the hands of God, whereas He has given us the solution but we keep throwing it back at Him, its like the parable in the bible where the servant with one talent buried it and returned it to the master. God has given us Nigerians a voice but we have refused to use it and we keep giving it back to God. May God help us.
    But what if this pastor didn’t actually do it? if you ask me i think there is an atom of truth in Ese’s story but what if it isn’t true and the man is genuinely waiting on God to fight for him? because even if the man releases a statement stating his innocence no one would believe him because we have already made up what we want to believe in our heads!
    Offili mentioned Aluu4, i believe the people of aluu where sick of not standing up to people that come to their community and steal from them, so they decided to make a scapegoat out of the innocent boys, only if they were patient enough to allow the law take its course, i’m sure the boys had the opportunity to explain themselves but because they had already heard the false cry of some idiot they took it and held it as the truth! and they took the lives of four innocent boys!! only if the people of aluu were patient and listened to that voice that told them that there was a possibility that those boys were innocent.
    as much as we want to be heard the principal thing is to apply wisdom, yes God has given us a voice but its not to open and talk anyhow but to apply wisdom.
    we as nigerians are sick of false pastors abusing innocent souls and we r looking for a scapegoat! if indeed dis man did this thing then he must suffer for it, but wait is their a law against adultery? if there is then he must do the time, if there isn’t, we still have to hand him over to God to deal with him right? which still goes back to the fact that it is only God that can judge him. even if he withdraws as the pastor of coza u will still have those mumu’s that will follow him to start up his own ministry! in fact i am tired of this case. uncle offili u don try!

32. omoibo

August 29, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Nigerians would rather blame/ put everything on God rather than face reality! But here’s what the greater population is failing to understand, “Heaven only helps those that help themselves” The hardest task for a human is to THINK!!!
    Nigeria as a society at large has become intellectually lazy putting everything on God rather than do the required thinking and this is why once a topic/ situation arises in Nigeria what you commonly hear is “eh, it was God”s will or nah so God want am”.
    Seriously?!Come on folks!!
    @ofili, you are my friend have just shared the syndrome that’s holding Nigeria back, their refusal to think and question their assumptions…..

33. dp

August 29, 2013 at 2:19 pm

God told me to comment, offili u are so on point a whole of us christian rather than facing the truth, we decide to us the short cut we leave it to God.

34. the special one

August 29, 2013 at 2:38 pm

All i can say is, this pastor hasnt released his statement yet, so i guess we should save our judgements till he does. And ofili you are already sounding like he you have proven him guilty, so let us wait for the “robust” reply before crucifying him #shikena

• Baby

August 29, 2013 at 8:59 pm

And how long should we wait for his statement to be released?

35. The Real Madam the Madam

August 29, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Truest talk! Loved reading this. Don’t mind Nigerians and thier ridiculous leave it to God mentality. The way the COZA pastor BS’ed on that issue was like filmshow, I was like wow!

36. Concerned_Boyfriend

August 29, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Well said Ofili…very well said.

37. teetee

August 29, 2013 at 4:29 pm

hahaha…lets see if all your comments and articles will make a difference..better go and pray..hiss Lmao

38. Igbe

August 29, 2013 at 5:04 pm

lmho. Okechukwu your looking for church trouble oh. We have such a hard time taking responsibility for our actions in this country it is scary.

39. Ginger

August 29, 2013 at 5:34 pm

If Pastor Biodun is innocent, he should have ‘absolutely nothing’ to fear. He already has enough supporters doesnt he? Does who have chosen to believe him inspite of what Ese wrote.
    But you see, he knows there are people like Franca waiting for him with pictures and recordings. Ese said she has pictorial evidence too. What do you think? Its not that he can’t say ‘These are falsehoods’, its cause he knows it will be a lie and can be proven.
    Me thinks if he wastes more time, the ladies should start leaking evidence since he wants to be truly disgraced.
    This is what pride does. If he had acknowledged/made restitution to this lady/changed his pastoral abusing ways, it would never have gotten this far.

40. Smiley

August 29, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Okechukwu Ofilu, idi too much! When I read articles like yours, I smile because there’s hope for tomorrow.

41. Mimi

August 29, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Ofili I want u 2 note that there was no form of Abuse! She agreed to do it n enjoyed it 4 a wk! If he was nt a pastor, d she v cried wolve? U r also sounding like the ‘leave it 2 God peeps’ left 2 me dis s nt an issue to dwell on! Let’s call a spade a spade! Her piece was done to avenge the ‘failed relationship’ read tru it properly!! Am a babe as well! She s taking advantage of d fact that he is a ‘MOG’ (as d Pentecostal churches call it).

• sek

August 30, 2013 at 1:44 am

It obvious you are missing the point. It is not about her
      having sex with him. It is about a man shiting on and mocking God’s
      words. HE IS THE MAN OF GOD AND A LEADER OF GOD’S PEOPLE not ese.
      And to think there are many others besides ese? Yet he pulls up his
      pants and walks to the pulpit to preach against sins and impurities
      while he is fucking countless women all over the world. A word is
      enough for the wise.

42. Ft

August 29, 2013 at 8:00 pm

@mimi I don’t. Agree with you, she was abused if the following was true
    If the following is true according to Ese’s story
    1) He sent a worker to call her after church service and made he r join PCU
    2) If he asked her to keep in touch after she left for london
    3) If he called her and asked her to make a hotel reservation and call a cab to pick him up at heathrow
    4)if he insisted she came to meet him in his hotel room.
    Pastor biodun had worked closely with ese and realised she was weak and capitalised on that to have his way with her
    He was meant to be her pastor, if she dint revere him she would have refused numbers 1-4 and they would nt have been rolling under the sheets.

so many Coza members have equated pb to David(the man after Gods heart) I ll equate Ese(though not married) to Bathseba.
    Assuming the story is true . david saw bathseba bathing inquired about her and asked his servant to get her, PB saw ese in his church and asked one of the workers to call her and he made her a worker in PCU,kept her close enough to study her and probably realised how weak she was, and when she was living naija he insisted she kept in touch so that he can help her with her christian race. She obeyed pb(the anointed man of God) and kept in touch.pb knew she revere him and she will not refuse anything he asked her to do that’s why he called her and asked her to do the hotel reservation and get the Cab to pick him up at heathrow.he got to london and he called her to come to his hotel, she obeyed the anointed man of God when she got there he asked her to Come up to his room and once again she obeyed. and we all know the end of the story.
    Bathsheba was brought to david, she had no choice than to obey the kings orders. David lay with her, she could have said No considering that she was a married woman but am sure she feared the King and let him have his way.
    Ese could have refused pb but she froze, this was a man she looked up to like many other Coza members do.

Was bathsheba Abused? Yes why cos david used his authority has king to get her to lay with him and also plotted the death of her husband

Was Ese Abused? Yes why cos pb as an anointed man of God saw her weakness and took advantage of her.
    Did God punish bathseba? No instead God gave her a son who became a king and the wisest Man ever. So u die hard Coza members and all you who are like Ese is a disgrace to womanhood, can we also say bathsheba was a disgrace to womanhood just because she dint say No?

DAVIDs Adultery sin:
    David was a man after Gods heart but God dint let him build a house to the name and presence of the lord, why cos God told him he had shed much blood and had waged great wars on earth in Gods sight. In as much as David was a man after Gods heart, God did not condone his sins. What happened after he committed adultery with bathsheba, he tried to hide it by plotting to kill uriah bathsheba’s husband which he succeeded 2samuel 11:14-18 thereafter taking bathsheba has his wife which was evil in Gods eyes 2Samuel 11: 26-27. What did God say to him? In 2 samuel 12:9 God said why have you despised the commandment of the lord doing evil in his sight. frm 2samuel 12: 10-12 God told his punishment with verse 12 saying: For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel and before the sun. And in verse 13 David confessed his sins to Nathan Saying 13 I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said to David, The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.
    In all of these was God angry with bathsheba? No why because david as a man after Gods heart took advantage the anointing on him(as king which is an abuse of power) and had his way with her which was a great SIN against God.

If Ese’s story is true, PB needs to stand on the altar of God and publicly ask for forgiveness since the story is everywhere and just like david God ll forgive and his anointing might also increase. If not for anything but
    for the sake of the church as whole which is the body of christ and not his property.

• tatafo!

August 29, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Thank you so very much for this. I couldn’t have said it any better. Anytime I think about this Pastor Bidoun/Ese story my mind keeps going back to David and Bathsheba. David was rebuked and so will Pastor Biodun.

43. OmoMakun-www.ankarafestla.com

August 29, 2013 at 9:17 pm

You consistently hit the nail on the head Ofili. Much respect to you my brother. We as Nigerians have become so complacent about eveyrthing. Its like we are on a perpetual mumu mode…smh. With all the suffering over the years people are just de-sensitized to pretty much everything. Its sad but true. I will still remain optimistic about Nigeria, things will definitely change!

44. Anonymous

August 29, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Ofili, sometimes u should just sit back and allow “we the fans of the ofili” to respond to these people who won’t take the time to read before typing. Haba, is it everything you must respond to? (big grin)

• NK'S PASSIONS

August 30, 2013 at 5:33 am

Honestly!!!!!!!! I can’t really understand ‘some’ Nigerians
      sha!!!!! With people justifying the likes of this so called
      pastors, why won’t our country be like this!!!?

45. Adams.

August 30, 2013 at 6:28 am

@Ft if what you are saying is the case then are you
    implying that women get abused every minute? Cos random guys do the
    some of the things you listed too. I’ve read everything there is to
    read about this story and my take on it is, Biodun is wrong, Ese is
    wrong too in equal measure. That’s all. I only pity the wife who
    has a randy mate as her husband. If the pastor attempted to
    rape,(or actually raped) the lady then she would have had my
    unreserved pity. But no, they rolled in the sheets together and
    when she felt guilty she had to write the words “abuse” just to
    catch our attention. The pastor is wrong and should say he did it
    and step down, or he did not do it, quite alright but the reaction
    from the church members tells you the kind of weird reverence they
    have for the guy. So what then? If she (and other COZA members)
    were told by the guy to jump off a cliff, would they jump and call
    it abuse? Please let’s have some perspective here. Its because we
    don’t question what we see from the pulpit and other issues that’s
    why the “Leave it to God” attitude has reigned supreme in our
    lives. Thank you Ofili for your thought provoking piece. It is well
    appreciated.

46. NNENNE

August 31, 2013 at 4:31 am

I truly believe there is a greater being.I don’t care what you choose to call him.
    I call him Trinity-Father,Son and Holy Ghost.But I go to church with my eyes wide open!

47. Moyo Mamora

September 4, 2013 at 11:23 pm

“I think not…I think He was there…amongst us. Yelling to us to take action, but someone probably said…the lazy words…the sell out words…the words used to protect the cowardly…leave it to God. So they left it to God and then blamed it on the Devil.” #PowerfulTruth

Every individual is responsible for his or her own life, and as a nation, the people are responsible for what happens. That which men permit, God will permit!

Hopefully this goes beyond being a good read to actually provoking individuals to take responsibility for their own lives and situation.

48. Sa

September 6, 2013 at 4:56 pm

@Ofili, you just open some peeps eyes with this article,@Ft, best scriptural illustration

49. tope baker

September 6, 2013 at 5:43 pm

while I feel it is unnecessary to diss anyone Ofili (about not caring to tell:not nice), I totally relate to this.
    God is patient.still is. all I am praying for now is for Wisdom and Boldness because any manipulation from Pastors is not today it’s starting.
    Many Christians cower (including myself) because the story of Moses,Aaron and Mariam has been drummed into our ears that we should not speak against a Man of God(I still do believe you can pass your message across without insulting the any Man of God). hence why I pray for Wisdom, that we may know God for who He truly is(as One who is not docile nor Timid) and not the Complicated Version that Many from lack of Knowledge have preached about him
    On How this affects our nation, I was at a fellowship just yesterday and I felt like I was an evil child, I mean there should be more. the Preacher said we are the solution to the problems of the world.. In my Heart I’m like really? with us alienating ourselves from even the matters that affect even our Local Government? Really? with us saying we are the children of God those ones are unbelievers, really? which totally reminds me of a friend I had way back in the Uni, who told me she is not a Nigerian but she’s from Zion.*sigh.
    We have tarried long on this Mountain…. it’s High time we as a People Wake Up. God Bless Nigeria.

50. #Team BlackMagic#

September 9, 2013 at 3:25 pm

@Ft,that some critical analysis!

51. Truthbrings peace

September 11, 2013 at 12:05 pm

You know, no one is really a saint. If I cheat on or I am suspected to have cheated on my hubby, i owe my hubby a confession and an explanation. If I defraud or I am suspected to have defrauded my dad and sell his house, I owe my entire immediate family a confession and an explanation. Now, if I commit fraud or I am suspected to have commited fruad in a work place or do my job badly, I owe my employers a confession and an explanation. Pastor should give his congregation and explanation. i understand that sometimes the fear of loosing all and facing shame can make us hide the truth. But His grace is sufficient for us all and the Holy Spirit makes us bold. I know Jesus and Paul were silent before the court at some point, but that was after they had made their point and had sppoken freely about who and what they were all about. We are humans, we make mistakes and we also forget. But as christians we have been justified by His blood through confession and a confession could be either ” Church I made a mistake and I am sorry” or ” Church, I did none of these and God’s word that touch not my anointed ……..will surely prevail in this case” . And that will have settled it all.

52. Akunna

October 21, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Loving this piece. I don’t believe in ‘do not judge’ but judge/speak right. We can’t continue to keep quiet and things are becoming worse. kudos!

53. Miss O

October 23, 2013 at 10:18 pm

This article by Ofili is truly exceptional, simply broken down diabolic characteristic of this society we are in at the moment. Mis-using the freedom God has given us and blaming our short comings on the devil.
    I applaud you !!

54. Emarly

November 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

All in the name of God, my people are deceived everyday. Faith and reason should go hand in hand. I wonder why many can’t see these funny clowns disguising to anointed men/women of God. Who dash them?

55. Yinkz

October 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm

And till date, we are still expecting the robust response…