Features

Atoke’s Monday Morning Banter: Sleep is For the Weak!

Atoke

In the past week I’ve been dealing with the curse of Hay Fever. I now fondly refer to it as my stamp of approval as a certified “Aje Butter“. Where would pollens have found me in Oshodi please? So, as I deal with my watery eyes, itchy throat and utter discomfort, I console myself with “Honey, you have finally ‘arrove’. You are now a buttie”. Heck, I even lost my voice and I’m enjoying the slight husk that comes in between losing your voice and when the voice is trying to find its way back.

Remember that episode of “Friends” where Phoebe lost her voice and then when she got the voice back she was struggling to get germs so she could lose the voice again? Well, me I’m not going to start gathering people’s used tissue but I’ll probably record the husky voice and playback to console myself when my shrill 10-year old voice gets back.

It’s exciting that we’re approaching the downward slope of 2013 and for some reason, the speed with which time flies past is incredible. Wasn’t it just yesterday we were watching “Oga at the top?” and laughing our heads off in the office? I’m truly grateful to be here.

This weekend was very relaxed… I didn’t really have a choice. I’ve been cooped indoors mostly trying to avoid pollens and expensive transportation really. Everyone says I need to rest, take loads of fluids and sleep. Ladies and gentlemen, therein lies my biggest problem… I am not a “sleeper”. I don’t have insomnia but I can’t sleep for long hours un-end! If I go to bed too early, I might find myself up by 3am and then I’d be padding about the house just waiting for dawn so I can find someone to be a nuisance to.

I suppose my body clock was conditioned from Unilag days when I had to wake up really early to get a seat in the library. Those seats near the air conditioning were like pure gold; the secret to getting one was being an early riser or being really close to an early riser. So, it was either that or the squabble for good seats in the Moremi reading room. The getting up early became worse in law school. Fear of Bar Finals sef no go gree you sleep. What is SLEEP?

Subsequently, work life started and doing the the Oshodi-Lekki-Oshodi route and trying to beat the Third Mainland Bridge traffic usually had me leaving home at 5.30am at the latest. Anything else and be prepared to do a 45-minute trip in 2 and half hours. And so it went, that my body forgot what it felt like to sleep for 10 hours and more. Such treachery.

The betrayal has gone on for so long that even when on weekends when I should be having the snooze of my life, I find my eyelids flickering open at 4.27am. Like dude, can a girl catch some ZZZs? *squeezes eyes firmly shut*. I usually get no love.  However, some people are super “blessed” that they can sleep past noon. Before my friend, Aroyeun, left us, it was one of our biggest arguing points. My goodness! The boy could sleep for Africa at the World Championship! I’d now be pacing about waiting for him to wake up to gist. 10, 10.15, 10.45, 11.10…12.35 “Ahn Ahn, o de dide Muyiwa!” (Muyiwa, wont you get up?) His response was usually something stupid like “Did you give me any work to do? It’s a Saturday jor!

Okay guys, I shall leave you to get to work now. Please share some of your sleep stories with us. Do you get a lot of sleep? Do you find it annoying when someone around you is sleeping like it’s going out of fashion? Are you like me who’s still praying for a higher level of grace in this regard?

Have a fantastic week ahead! I’m super excited about September. I can feel the buzz of awesometastic things ahead.  Remember to keep your head up and try put a smile on someone’s face today.

Peace, love & cupcakes!

Toodles!

P.s, I want to try out this writing of a bio thing. So what do you guys think about the one I used today?

Photo Credit: touchfm.org
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Atoke. Writer. Noisemaker. Lover.

1. Bleed blue

September 2, 2013 at 9:10 am

Anytime I think of winning the lottery, all I visualise is banking all the money and then going to sleep and sleep. And then sleep some more.

Sleep is my jollof. And I am good at it.

• Jo!

September 2, 2013 at 11:17 am

Mehn! I am a sleep champion o. I can sleep for Africa. I. Do. Not. Joke. With Sleep. Thank You.
      I am trying to reduce it sef, it is becoming an embarrasment

2. eniola

September 2, 2013 at 9:21 am

Love Atoke. mwuaaah! Atoke i’m almost you in this regard. I will be feeling so sleepy at 7:20p.m that you’d think, i wont wake up until 7:20a.m the following day or later sef, but na for my mind, 12:10a.m i’m wide awake for no reason, and might not be able to sleep until past 4a.m or later, then i’ll end up waking up late. This morning is one of such days, i slept around 8:05 last night woke up at 1:03a.m couldn’t sleep again until past 4a.m, when my alarm buzzed at 5:05a.m i put it off saying i wanted to pray ”in my mind”. Mum’s voice woke me up at 6: 20 a.m eventually. See speed!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 2, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Dead @ “pray in my mind”… I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who deceives herself in that regard… 🙂

3. Funmi

September 2, 2013 at 9:22 am

I cannot sleep continuously either. On saturdays, I usually wake up around 8 and then I stay awake for a few hours before trying to sleep again around 11. That usually makes me feel more tired so I prefer to just get up when my eyes open. On a normal weekday, I get 7 hours of good sleep and the rest is fighting the snooze button.

4. Dolapo

September 2, 2013 at 9:23 am

Hello Atoke, do you have a twitter account? If yes, handle please!!!!! I always feel like your Monday morning banters aren’t enough, so following your tweets would do.

Back to the matter. I love sleeping & sleep loves me moderately. I don’t know how my body got there but I don’t sleep longer than 7 hours. Even if I’m induced. Anything longer than 7 hours brings about fever or body pains. The good thing about me is that I fall asleep easily. I have a cousin that can’t fall asleep without taking syrup in overdose.
    But sleep sometimes manipulates me. It comes heavily when I have books to read. Like last night, I was sure I’d finish a chaper of Achebe’s There Was a Country seeing as I slept in the afternoon. Lol, to my surprise, I slept off after 30 minutes. Now that’s the problem I have with sleep because it comes when you don’t need it. I leave for Masters in a week, and I’ve decided to pray about sleeping uncontrollably. Hopefully, it finds my human rights books entertaining.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 2, 2013 at 2:05 pm

My dear, as regarding the issue of controlling sleep during that Masters’ year, no need to concern yourself. The fear of coursework and the grades they result in will elevate you to a new level of insomnia …

• hot mama

September 2, 2013 at 7:33 pm

looool….as in true talk….I’ve found myself jumping up outta sleep when the thought of course work creeps in.

• nomzy

September 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm

very true, when you’ve got 3 major course works to submit with same deadlines and probably have to defend 2 sleep must run

• Doyeen Solar

September 4, 2013 at 12:11 am

I second that..so true….!!!

5. Ngozi

September 2, 2013 at 9:25 am

I love my sleep o! I don’t play with it but then law exams sha….

6. Peaches

September 2, 2013 at 9:25 am

This came really early today….. I can sleep for hours when I am really tired..at least 7- 8hrs but if am not i wake up every other hour after 12am.. its so disturbing but how man go do…

7. aunty

September 2, 2013 at 9:29 am

the worst is “sunday after-church sleep”… everybody just sleeps like its part of the commandments. Its soooo annoying!

• me2

September 2, 2013 at 9:53 am

that is the point oooo….. like its a sleep to forget that Monday is few hours away…lmao

• Noninie

September 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

I feel shitty on mondays if i don’t get my “sunday-after-church sleep”….. the feeling i get after the sunday sleep is priceless!! Cos i wake up feeling like I just had Shawarma with Chicken…

8. aiphee

September 2, 2013 at 9:35 am

I’ve never been one to sleep much,itz a blessing and a curse,mine’s so bad dt if i close my eyez nd my rummates drag dir feets or makes noise,d sleep vanishes.being a med student d lack of sleep helps a lot,ïm usually d 1st to get to class(except days wen i throw on makeup,lol).On a regular day wen i get to sleep on my bed in schl 3am Max ïm awake.on someone else’s bed,1am.at home 5am.funny hw my sleep pattern varies.

9. Chelle

September 2, 2013 at 9:53 am

Atoke dont tell me you are a friends fan too. when i was younger i was mama sleep but these days i dont know who has taken my charm away. i think its because i now live with my mother, its like leaving with a swats team, she makes me feel like she will soon burst in on me i dont know y.

10. Sleeper

September 2, 2013 at 9:56 am

I am a sleeper and an Insomniac at the same time. One of my many contradictions. I can be kept awake till 3am if i have my laptop or tv on, or a good book I can’t drop, but when I finally turn off the screen or clsoe the book, I am off like a light. Waking up in the morning is one of my worst things to do. I swear, my batteries don’t boot until about 11am. If I could work from 11am to 8pm, I will be so happy but alas I have to do my 9 to 5 so I am a perpetual late comer at work. My Oga has given up. I am usually the last to leave and she has accepted her fate. As for weekends I can sleep till 2pm. Muyiwa has got nothing on me o. Anyone that dares wake me up before 2pm will get Diary of a Mad Black woman on their ass. Boyfriend sef knows well enough to leave me alone. I love sleep so much when I was told I needed surgery I was so pleased for the express reason I get to be knocked off with Anaesthesia plus sleep undisturbed for days. I loved it die. Morphine induced sleep is the best I swear. My family thought i was weird for not worrying about the surgery but looking forward to the sleep. When I was coming around after the anesthesia the stupid nurse tried to wake me up and test one thing one thing, I wanted to slap her. Lol. Sleep is the best. I don’t mind to spend half my life sleeping.

• lila

September 2, 2013 at 10:33 am

babe..i second u.my love for sleep was so bad that in secondary school,my nickname was tse tse fly!!!infact if sleeping was considered a hobby, i would put in on my resume.if i dont sleep for at least 6 hours a day, i cant properly function.for me to confess to a crime, all they need to use is sleep deprivation .One time , in my former office, there was a day i burst into tears cos i hadnt slept. my boss told me to take a sleep break before i breakdown.
      anyways im getting older and with more responsibilities,i have started to discipline myself to manage with less and less time to sleep. it’s hard but that’s the price one must pay.

• Sleeper

September 2, 2013 at 11:25 am

Ah, my fellow sleep sister. Sorry. You know what I do? I book meeting rooms during the day, block the time out in my calendar and take a nap. Quick 30 minutes sleep and I am fine

• tm

September 2, 2013 at 10:41 am

LMAO!!!!!!!!! U were looking forward to the surgery cos of sleeping???? And I thought I was bad

• Sleeper

September 2, 2013 at 11:27 am

Those post surgery sleep was sweeeet. Now I have been told I may need exploratory surgery one thing one thing. The doctor said I won’t be put under and it is an out patient procedure meaning i get to go home on the same day. My face just fell. What is the point na. If i don’t get to sleep afterwards. Mschew. They have not yet confirmed if I need it or not. they should hold themselves I no do.

• bee

September 2, 2013 at 1:07 pm

thought i was reading bout me for a sec there…..’cept for the surgery. I can stay up till 2am watching a movie or reading a good book and will get up at 6:30 trying to get ready for work.Am not a morning person and everyone in my house knows how i hate getting up early to leave for work. Been sounding it in “Le Boo” ears that on Saturdays “no getting up from bed till 11am for me wen we get married” and no its not about being lazy. its called personal perference

11. Nawa

September 2, 2013 at 9:57 am

I used to sleep…oh until Yankee/adulthood happened. Now my brain is in constant overdrive. Sometimes I just miss my papa house. All I had to worry about back then was school, and I didn’t even care about school. That’s why marriage scares me because I’m an overanalyzer. My head fit just explode if I carry wife and kids join.

12. Bimpe

September 2, 2013 at 9:58 am

I think i MIGHT be falling in love with you or is it your writing? am not sure. keep it up and more

13. Gistyinka Blog

September 2, 2013 at 10:19 am

I don’t joke with sleeping oooooo

14. Mixed race

September 2, 2013 at 10:24 am

oh, i can sleep for the whole world. i mean sleeping is my forte. i always look at people complaining that they cant sleep as aliens like, sth that i do without any effort whatsoever. not only do i sleep a lot, i LOVE sleeping… i mean…

15. Ossy

September 2, 2013 at 10:35 am

the only day my alarm doesn’t go off is on Saturday and God help you if you wake me !!!. sleep for me is a hobby.

16. the special one

September 2, 2013 at 10:36 am

i used to be like this atoke, 5am like this its like one bird came to give me a wake up peck, i used to envy people that sleep a lot, just l;ike you too i will be diturbing people around me to wake up, but last year i started craving sleep like icecream oh, infact like my firned said above, i am a pepertual late comer at work, my boss too is tired of me, my colleagues are tired too, all because i cant seem to get up from the bed till 7:30 or even 8 sometimes, and again maybe its beacause i dont sleep early. my eyes are usually as wide as an eagles own till about 12mid night, if i sleep early its usually 11pm

17. Hephzibah

September 2, 2013 at 10:36 am

Alot of these comments really got me laughing. As for me, sleep has become an enemy. I hardly sleep at night these days, i wonder if something’s wrong. I really love your writing Atoke, you’ll definitely be a fun person to be around. Wish i could meet you one day.

18. omoaderoba

September 2, 2013 at 10:41 am

Lol! finally! i confirm you are a fellow penguin! You just know when a lawyer writes regardless of the simplicity of your writing [email protected] Writing -Every lawyer is by default a writer. its up to you to fan the flame and you’ve done very well so far! @Sleep- My exact sentiments!
    Weldone

• Bleed blue

September 2, 2013 at 12:57 pm

PREACH!!! Lawyers are just quite alright…if I may say so myself 🙂

19. Sly

September 2, 2013 at 10:42 am

If all dead people do is actually sleep, you have no idea how much I envy them. Sometimes I wonder if the toss & turn. You know how they say time heals? Sleep heals faster. I don’t know how to stay awake when I have a bad day. I live to sleep.

• Sleeper

September 2, 2013 at 11:33 am

LMAO @envy dead people

20. tm

September 2, 2013 at 10:51 am

I’m almost like sleeper. sometimes, I find it difficult to sleep but once I manage to get that sleep, I can sleep for straight 10hours. few years ago that thieves came to our area (but they dint enter our house), everybody in the house woke up except me. I woke up late the next day and met everybody talking, I now made a mistake of asking my mum what happened, the dirty look she gave me shut me up. and I’m still better than one of my friends; she loves sleeping so much that she added it as part of her hobbies in her yearbook.
    I cannot count the number of times I slept off on my boyfriend then on the phone while we were doing xtracool *sighs* the poor guy accepted his fate after it happened like 3 times and stopped complaining about it

21. TA

September 2, 2013 at 10:51 am

Atoke of life! Me and you both have the same sleep pattern,guess that makes us soul sisters, Lol,:-) I can never sleep beyond 5 to 6 hours at a stretch,my body prefers frequent naps. So how I wan take dey nap for office nah? in between meetings,presentations and the likes? on the other hand I have a friend that can sleep for the world. Am not exaggerating at all. She can go to bed at 7pm today and wake up 10 am tomorrow, eat,shower and guess what? You got it she goes right back to bed!!! Once upon a time,she now got married has a baby and one day while hubby was away she woke up at night to breastfeed her little son who is extremely hyperactive for a 6mnth old,she was too tired to return him back to his crib so he slept by her. baby wakes but sleep loving mum is still at it,he starts playing and fell off the bed. am in the guest room when I heard the thud followed by his loud wail.Now we can laugh about the incident because baby was alright except for a slight swell in his forehead. My dear friend constantly laments that whoever invented that phrase :sleep like a baby’ has never had a child because babies don’t sleep blissfully continuously. Lol,!

• Sleeper

September 2, 2013 at 11:32 am

Oh dear. One of the reasons why my baby is having his or her own room. I have this fear of one day squashing my baby. So I know for sure it is straight to a separate room from day one. Even putting a cot in our room i won’t do because like your friend, if i wake up to feed, i will be tempted to lie down with the baby and from there sleep off. Heaven forbid bad thing. Getting up to go feed in the baby’s room, there is no bed to sleep on. So no chance for me to take a nap and suffocate my child. I can sleep on the floor sha. Floor sleep is very sweet, especially if it is cold. I have slept off on laminate floor before and a pillow. Covering my face

• tm

September 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Oh dear! you win! sleeping on the floor is actually sweet, true true! I can sleep on anything tho; rug, mat, bench, tiles etc. as long as it is flat

22. naana

September 2, 2013 at 10:58 am

HEAVENS!!!!
    i can sleep and win grammies, haba. there are times i wonder the reason why i could sleep like that.
    according to my mum, after she had given birth to me and was expecting me to cry i was asleep.
    the doctor thought i was dead, thats my genesis of sleeping.
    there are days especially weekends and holidays where i can go without solid foods because i need to sleep.
    learnt that i will have a llot of babies since i sleep alot cos hubby will take advantage of that.
    my family could tell me that i sleep like a python that has swallowed an animal.
    sleep is good but too much cést ne pas tres bon.
    boon journee.

• Sleeper

September 2, 2013 at 11:28 am

and the award goes to you. You did not cry after the trauma of birth but you were asleep? mehn you are a gangster. I bow to your sleeping prowess

23. Delia

September 2, 2013 at 11:02 am

you can refer to me as Jonah of Africa when it comes to sleep!!!! i love my bed and my bed loves me. there’s this sort of contentment with sleep that chases away hunger pangs sef and i wake up feeling so refreshed and revamped.

24. Neo

September 2, 2013 at 11:18 am

I like sleep oh, especially that early morning sleep between 4 to 7am. Kai! I am in my element, Then when it rains early in the morning. Jeez! Orgasmic. Living with my elder sister was not funny sha, this woman would wake by 4:30am and come and do fellowship downstairs (my room was downstairs) Only her with tambourine and shekere singing loudly, i’d want to cry. Used to get up at 6:30 on weekdays and we’d still fight. Then the kids, those ones that they’d have to sleep feed and bath them at 7am to get ready fos school. Come weekends, by 5 am they are up watching CN, banging on my door to make noodles for them. Sleep was what motivated me to get my own place and move out. Funny enough i wake at about 8am on weekends now, but enjoy long naps during the day. I love sleep!

• Curious

September 2, 2013 at 5:26 pm

OMG! ROFTLMAO!!! You won’t kill me sha! The tambourine and shekere part had me rolling on the floor in freaking tears. I don laugh tire…

25. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

September 2, 2013 at 11:26 am

I remember a Hollywood celebrity quote ” I love sleep. Its the best of both worlds; you get to be unconscious but alive.

26. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

September 2, 2013 at 11:42 am

I know this is totally unrelated but my sister, who can sleep through trails and tribulations once woke up to ask loudly in the middle of the night: “Are the elephants coming?”

• Sly

September 2, 2013 at 12:10 pm

LMAO. I know this! Talking in your sleep. One time I slept during morning prayers and sang out loud ‘IM Feeling Aloneeeeeeee’

• Bleed blue

September 2, 2013 at 1:02 pm

LOL at all you sleep talkers.

In secondary school, my pal Biola started shouting in the middle of her 2am slumber “Where are the sports club plates? I say where are the plates?”
      Different levels in this world sha

• Radiant

September 2, 2013 at 12:27 pm

LOL. You want to get me fired, abi! Elephants ke?

27. Fizzie

September 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

A very “GOOD SOUND SLEEP” is my second name. And guess what?! I’m abt to go and answer my name AGAIN!!! I love me some sleepz

28. Dammie

September 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I quess M’ jx blessed….I can sleep and stay awake at will…I can do any chore with no grumbing and yet sleep is on my mind and God help me as soon as M done and lay on ma bed and dcide to sleep,M’ off….plus I dnt need any alarm to wake me,I wake when I need to wake….aoeva,i dnt dcieve my sef,dere are some sleep.dt

29. Dammie

September 2, 2013 at 12:05 pm

dere some sleep dt jx wont do,lyk some 30min and sometym 2hrs sleep,so I’d rather I dnt sleep….I can read my books late into d nyt and sleep all day..plus I hate dozing and pple dt doze so I dnt try to…I once went for a nyt party dt after d event all and sundry jx slept buh me,
    I jx think sleeping is a thing of d mind jare…

30. psalma

September 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Hmmnnn………..i don’t even know where to start but i connect with ur story. Being in the medical school altered my sleep cycle. My friends have called me different names: from nocturnal babe to witch. Infact a friend of mine told me that i have my own GMT…lol
    I don’t sleep in the night o, usually get my sleep around 4/5am……..and wake up at abt this time.(It must be complete 8hrs from when i slept, otherwise my day would be messed up).
    After exams one yr in school, i told my friends i was going to sleep for 2days, that i needed to compensate my body for all d stres. They thought i was joking……i slept from 6pm on a friday, when i didn’t wake up by saturday evening…..they had to pour a bucket of water on me…cos they were worried if i was still alive.( When i mean biz for sleep i no dey shake o…..na corpse position)….lol

31. ms lala

September 2, 2013 at 1:01 pm

i love sleeeeeep…i sleep so much i fake illness when am in class just to go back to my apartment and SLEEEEEEEEEEP…i sleep so much i dream of sleep in my sleep

32. Fashionista

September 2, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Omo, I can sleep for Africa!!!!! Fairly regularly, I do 12 hours straight i.e. get back from work about 6pm and then im sleeping from 7pm to 7am the next morning, SWEEEEETT!!!!! I love my sleep oh kai, but then sometimes im an insomniac as well, very weird!

33. bellastrada

September 2, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Dear Lord help me to step up in d area of sleep.u wont believe dat i woke up 3;05am dis morning and ve not closed my eyes,tossing up and down.cant even think strait.i was just thinking when i was going tru all this comments that some pple are BLESSED.chai!!!!!!!! i wish….

34. M

September 2, 2013 at 1:57 pm

my own sleep started has a child, primary school saw me sleeping so hard that I didn’t know when my little brother pooed on me and I ended up rolling in it, I practically look for my siblings trouble so they can beat me then I can cry and go back to sleep any position is comfortable so far as I sleep and everyone had a name for me ’cause of sleep, secondary was so bad I only learn in class ’cause I spend my time eating fish and sleeping in prep class. ff university I can sleep 17-20 hrs straight and am fine, but nowadays am worst than atoke ,men I don’t bother sleeping early ’cause am up before you know it, sleep 8pm up by 11pm so I sleep late now so I can wake up at day break and look normal like others ,prolly I got more responsibilities or I have emptied my sleep bank *sad face*.

35. Mz Socially Awkward...

September 2, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Atoke, my sister had the same malady as well when she vacated Nigeria for “ala beke”. They informed her she had allergies and we were all like “alle-gini? Since when??”. Truly, those pollen would never have won the fight against harmattan dust…

Regarding sleep… I miss the younger me who was a sleep warrior. Now, even on Saturdays, I’m struggling to keep my eyes shut past 9am. Very annoying.

Impediments to sleep include
    -the blasted seagulls that arrive for the summer and honk their mating cries outside my window from the crack of dawn in the very early a.m until almost midnight.
    – the unreasonable hours at which day starts to break in the summer, which can be from 3:30am around these parts
    – the amount of work I know that’s waiting for me on my desk once I’m up
    – the awareness that once I’ve been prematurely woken up, it’s nigh impossible to get any sleep after that.

By the way, you should be excited about Sept, your next chapter (yelz, that pun was verily intended) is going to be totally awesome.

36. shhhhh

September 2, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I have this believe that SEX and SLEEP are the two most sweetest thing any individual should experience (the first is legal for married couples only oohh!). But to me sleep is the sweetest on my scale of preference. I can sleep for Africa as in i can go on for 7-8hrs non-stop. Infact, my girlfriend complains every morning to the point that i had to give her a new name ALARM. My boyfriend also knows about my love for sleep that he has gotten so used to it. Sometimes when i think about the responsibilities attached to marriage especially the aspect of motherhood/wifely duties my heart shrinks with fear that i can almost hear my heart pounding. I love my sleep and my sleep loves me so since am still a MISS I’ll keep enjoying my sleep till i get a new title.

37. jinkelele

September 2, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I can d0 7hrs solid deep sleep anything upto 10hrs means i’m just tossing and turning and pretty awake just lazing on the bed. I do hate day naps they make me feel worse so sleep inducers like heat or inactivity i resist like a plague. Usually a good 7hours sleep at night means I’m alert. I do try to avoid sleeping later than midnight though cos usually means i wake late and i dont like starting the day late cos most of my best work is during the day.

That being said any lack of my daily dose of 7hours uninterrupted sleep is a NO-NO! Cos lack of sleep is torture for me and dangerous cos I can sleep off ANYWHERE then I start twitching like I’m strung out on caffeine so dareisay night vigils are not my friends. Slept whilst driving, eating, talking, standing, praying, walking so its better I’m late for work than not getting enough sleep.

38. Annie

September 2, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Hmmm< lotta lucky people here, i sleep at 8pm and i am awake at 12midnight or 1am, then sometimes i go take a pee and continue my sleep, 4am i am wide awake again, if am lucky i sleep until 5am when my alarm tells me me its time to get up and get ready for work. Lagos na wa

39. x factor

September 2, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Me I love sleep ooooo

40. hyu

September 2, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Lol

41. Miss Anonymous

September 2, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Sleeping is my hobby. I actually enjoy sleep so much that I once went to sleep with my roof on fire….literally!

42. ify

September 2, 2013 at 6:23 pm

my elder brother is a sleep addict. my mum calls him extra day or oh sleeper! haha while growing up he was always the last to get ready for school. My fave part was being asked to pour water on him to wake him up.

43. xoxo

September 2, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I am a talented sleeper.

44. babyboo

September 3, 2013 at 9:47 am

LOLLLL TOO MANY WEIRDO’S IN THIS WORLD….MY BESTEST ATOKE’S MONDAY MORNING BANTER SO FAR…..n the chic that says she doesnt wana get married cuz shes worried shé wont get enough sleep…..LMAO really?

45. CMF

September 4, 2013 at 10:43 am

when i was much younger i could sleep from Ogbomosho to Mombasa… i once slept off in church on a cold sunday morning. i was sitting in front and the you know how these fornt pews are, you cant rest your head anywhere…. so i tucked my hands inside my cardigan and off i went while the minister recited psalm 23….church paused when i fell face front without support as my hands were tucked in. i lost a tooth and it has left a permanent mark. Fastforward to present me, i hardly sleep, i can stay awake till 4am and still wake by 5:30am to get ready for work. one thing is clear, not even my Mum toys with my Sunday- after-church sleep. Thats the best orgasm you can think of. You wake up feeling like taking the world.

46. Duchess

September 4, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Sleep, I simply love. I can sleep oh but sometimes after a vigil I just lunch into the day. For me gud sleep is like 7/8 hrs… Anything short of that the day might not go well for me. I once lost my phone after having less than 4hrs sleep the previous night becos I could not just focus.

47. jane

September 5, 2013 at 3:28 pm

i love sleep oh,ha! About 7-10hours will do nicely,thank you very much. I warned my friends in boarding house that no one should wake me to escort anyone to go pee cos i wouldn’t budge! There was an incident in dorm one time and everyone ran out and i was still sleeping. In the morning, dem no gree me hear word o,kai. Jane,you can like to sleep ehn, your house will be on fire and you will still be sleeping,lol. Tis not my fault y’all,was born this way!