Features

BN Travel: “They Utterly Love Black African Skin” – Model/TV Presenter Isio Wanogho shares Exclusively with BN her Whirlwind Trip to Mauritius for her 30th

BellaNaija.com

Hello BellaNajiarians, I hope you are having a great Tuesday afternoon.

It is time for BN Travel. This year, BellaNaija made it a point of duty to fully present more posts on lifestyle and with BN Travel we have been able to show people’s views on their various destinations.

Today we have a celeb in the hub. It is Isio Wanogho.

The runway queen and TV presenter turned 30 on Sunday 17th November 2013. Instead of the usual owambes, she and a friend decided on something different; visiting Mauritius.

She shares exclusively with BN all the hilarious info from her trip and why we should be aware of the city because you will spend till you drop.

Enjoy!

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija018

My Mauritius Experience

My name is Isio Danielle Wanogho.

I am a TV presenter, an Interior Architect and a model. Yeah, I paint from time to time so I am also an artist.

On 17th November 2013, I turned 30. I can’t really say I had a game plan, it was either do something utterly new or have the regular “Abeg make una come chop rice and cake for my party oooo!” with a photographer furiously clicking to catch every angle of the “groove”.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija023

My best friend and I came up with an idea. We were both November babies. We decided to do something utterly new and memorable to celebrate our birthdays; perhaps go to an exotic island? Sure, why not? And so, we chose Mauritius.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija005

We would both fly in from our countries of abode and spend 10 days on this Island paradise. We were ecstatic!

It was a long flight out, truth be told. On getting to Mauritius, the immigration lady eyed me suspiciously when she saw my Nigerian passport and showed it to her colleague. They whispered to themselves and looked me over. I just beamed in return. She stamped my passport. I was in.

I got my bags, I got a trolley. Then a dark skinny Indian Customs Official accosts me, asking me all sorts of questions. – “Shuo, which kain tin be dis na?”

When he heard “Nigeria”, kia, kia I was taken into their office for more questioning. I assumed he had a problem with black people which was ironical, because even though I was the only black person on that flight (and was the only one singled out of all of us walking out) but the said mister was one of those BLACKKKKK INDIANS. I wanted to chuckle in his face but held it in.

And then there were more questions.

#hiann!

Lucky for me his supervisors were kinder. They apologized and sent me on my way. They told me to go get compensation for my box that was broken in transit. I got some cool cash. I was pleased.

Omomehnnn, see free money! Thank God for Mr. Black after all. (I purposely did not write the amount given to me o, before some of una go become professional box-breakers, looool!

We quickly came to learn three things about Mauritians; they were kind, helpful and friendly (Mr Black being the only exception to this that I came across), rum and coke is to them what tea is to the English, and they utterly love black African skin. And they would tell you every chance they got.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija004

Our Hotel was by TriouxBiches, a divinely beautiful place in the tourist filled north of this island country. We quickly planned our week’s activities.

There would be parasailing, under sea walk, a boat cruise, water skiing, diving, swimming with dolphins, spa day, dancing and of course, shopping.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija017Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija016Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija014Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija015Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija001

Food was amazing (well, for the most part). They have this thing that looks like akara with chilli in it. They are mostly Indians so of course lots of Indian food. There was French food and there were great Chinese restaurants.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija003

I didn’t like their samosas.

See me wey dey expect beta meat for my samosa, con see something wey be like yam inside, mbaooo, I no chop again.

One Mauritian rupee is equal to five naira, fifty kobo. As new tourists you would be tempted to buy everything you see and do every tour package offered to you. Be aware.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija006Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija020Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija019Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija021Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija022Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija008Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija007

10 days later, two big cakes after and a lots of rupees lighter, armed with new experiences and a mind full of wonder at God’s perfection in creating this magnificent paradise, I was ready to come back to #Naija.

Then I had a moment of deep reflection.

Isn’t it half-amusing, half-sad that people automatically assume that a woman cannot simply spend money on herself to make herself feel good?

Using the conversations I had had, the questions I had been asked and the sentiments I got from people (well-meaning, monitoring spirits and/or just simply curious) as a case study, this reality is just mind boggling.

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija002Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija012Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija010Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija011

Questions like these were asked of me;
“Wow, you are going to Mauritius! Ahan, your boyfriend must be really generous ooo!”
(This was asked by a man) – To which I smiled and stared.

“Ehen, Who are YOU going with? Who is the GUY? Choi, gist us na, haba!”
(Men and Women) – To which I just smiled.

“Na waoooooo! Big girl tinz, Who bi the bobo naaa?” Show us the way oooooooooooo!”
(Women) – This one did not even deserve an answer.

And many more silly comments like that.

My question is- Is the Nigerian/Black woman so needy, so self-denying that she CAN NOT spend HER own money to take care of herself?
If so, where did this sense of  “entitlement” to another’s come from? What happened to us?

Or is it that the Nigerian man’s mind is so closed that he CAN NOT fathom a reality where-in a woman can actually take herself on holiday? Or is the black man so accustomed to being accosted to pay for this or that, that he just can’t digest the fact that this is not always the case.

(I put men here because you would be surprised how many men ask me these questions)

Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija013Isio Wanogho's Mauritius Vacation exclusively on BellaNaija - November 2013 - BellaNaija009

I don’t know if this is only peculiar to Nigerians, or if it is with black folks in general. Look at it this way, if you cannot buy for yourself beautiful things and do things for your own self-development and happiness, how then can you present yourself as someone who is worth being spent on?

If you want to share some of your travel stories and photos with us, please send an email to features(at)bellanaija(dot)com.

1. Olufunke

November 26, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed your holiday babe… It really does bite when i’m asked such questions and people make such comments too. Seriously, i wonder whether its part of Nigeria’s cultural taboo for a woman to be herself and enjoy her life the way she wants (affords). Really do wish and pray infact that Nigerian young ladies can just come off this “dependency and needy crises”

• Bunmi

November 26, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Of course. That’s why you hear stupid comments from people like Mona lisa- I am designed to be under a man.
      I will speak of the Nigerian society for now- It has made our women think it is normal to be needy, desperate, weak, & lack self worth. It also a crime to be single because I have seen so many Nigerian women desperately get involved with married men because they are older & unmarried. The crazy thing is that these ones eventually attend every weekday and weekend church service in town in search of “husbands”. Confusion.. Religion has also become a joke in Nigeria because people don’t even know what they are doing with it. I feel bad for Nigerian women in general and I admire the ones who know themselves & live their lives for them.

• Concerned_Boyfriend

November 26, 2013 at 5:00 pm

You couldn’t have said it any better.

2. Idak

November 26, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Lovely pics. Glad you had fun. Happy birthday in arrears.
    I’ll refrain from commenting on the issues raised therein.

3. Berry

November 26, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Wow! Ok o! This is really sweet. I have been to Mauritius as well. I should probarbly send in my pictures too. Its indeed a beautiful island.

4. sweettemmy

November 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm

i feel u isio, it’s very annoying, all those irritating questions. i always reply with “if i don’t take care of myself, who will?

5. Funms

November 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Brown skin girl. she is beautiful

6. Hurpeyeahmie

November 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm

nice

7. Cutie

November 26, 2013 at 2:39 pm

wow!u truly had fun…HBD

8. hassan abdul

November 26, 2013 at 2:42 pm

brown skin girl

9. Joan85

November 26, 2013 at 2:44 pm

This Isio is a babe sha.

10. Maksybabe

November 26, 2013 at 2:44 pm

@sweettemmy, abi ooooo

11. Chic

November 26, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I am glad she shared her customs and immigration stories. Mauritius, Seychelles and the Maldives def on my list of to go places

• jcsgrl

November 26, 2013 at 4:32 pm

YES, YES AND YES
      As for the questions asked, I only find that to be true in Nigeria. Abroad how many men can afford to be sponsoring women left right and center for trips when you have bills to pay. When a single woman travels, its on your dime.
      The one thing that truly disappoints me in Nja is seeing women who are making money and can afford things still asking mugu men to pay for their trips and what not. I guess ashewo get levels!

12. Endo

November 26, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Lovely pictures. Looks like you had a fabulous birthday. Ignore the pesky people

endochallenges.wordpress.com

13. Mademoiselle

November 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Really enjoyed this piece, as well as the pictures. I like the fact that you kept it real, and most importantly, your concluding words. It’s not just a Nigerian thing. It’s very annoying, however, more and more women tend to promote this image because all they ever seek is a man who can buy them the latest this and that and when the money finished, on to the next. There’s a lost sense of independence and reciprocity.

After all’s been said and done, gurrrlll your body is banging! Keep up the good looks and that weave chiiiillleee. Tempting me to try long hair.

14. Toto

November 26, 2013 at 2:51 pm

My dear sisteh! , thats Naija for you. Even when i went to our backyard here (Ghana). People kept asking questions “where are you guys lodging”?? “hmmm is this a mini honey moon”? … i’m like its just me, myself and i.. so i cant travel on my own??? …. so i can imagine how u were questioned… glad you had fun.

15. Non professional opinion

November 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Great feature. Please do more like this. I enjoyed her personality, she seems fun and unaffected. As for the question, the idea of a man providing is the norm in patriarchal societies like ours, but the naija peeps of today have taken it, and everything else to the next level.
    Women routinely deny themselves things till they can find a “sponsor” to handle it. It’s almost an affront to your femininity to spend yours. Instead,you spend on hair clothes and make up to create a golden trap that no man can resist. When I was a single girl I bought a house as an investment and a “friend” pointed out that I was a learner because teenage girls in naij can get guys to buy them townhouses in Ikoyi. I spent my teenage years clubbing and kissing boys, not prostituting myself to men my fathers age. Women need to stop making excuses and get to work. To quote her Royal Bey-ness, who run the world….Girls!

• Pynk

November 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I agree with you. People make it seem like women who do their own thing are stupid.

• KBb

November 27, 2013 at 5:06 am

In my opinion, I’ll call it generalization, the truth is 70-80percent of Nigerian females who go on such vacation are being sponsored by a male. Put it in this contest, I won’t see Tiwa Savage or a top banker on vacation and asked where’s the guy or say show me the way, obviously I’ll take their word for it if they say I’m on vacation. But an undergraduate who obviously is from an average or low income background, and isn’t working, there’s cause for aprokos to say show me the way.

• Bukky

November 27, 2013 at 10:39 am

Many likes for this comment. Peeps just like to comment blindly.

16. habibat

November 26, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Isio’ De la Vega’ D. Wanogho! Real,Beautiful,Intelligent and very down to earth,Many more beautiful years ahead!

17. Pynk

November 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Isio nice one. Please life doesn’t end at 30, it merely begins. I was on the 50 b4 30 program – i promised myself i would just simply live and do it all. Thank God i had like minded friend so, traveling was done w relative ease and a passport that. Was visa free for many countries. I encourage women to travel and see the world before settling in and having kids. Some of my best experiences were in south east asia – and i managed to get 30 countries down by 30, mostly done in a 7 year span. Live ur life and make sure you and take care of u!

• Mrs Dangote (nee Anonymous)

November 26, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I totally agree with you. I try to visit one new city each year.

18. Ready

November 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Gorge pictures, great questions! I’m def gonna add Mauritius to my list. You didn’t say much about the shopping though…do they have a lot of cute clothes and jewelry? Or was it just funky souvenirs?

I think most of the answers to your questions are rooted in the perpetuation of misguided cliches. I don’t know how to put an end to them though, but I’ll do my PSA. Ladies, stop with the sense of entitlement! It’s why many men don’t respect women. It’s why you have to do all that booty dropping, and washing and cleaning for these men…because to them, you’re earning all that “awoof” money that they spend on you. Make your own money and take care of yourself! That way, when he comes along, he’ll know that if he wants to earn you or deserve you, he has to first meet the standards you’ve already set.

19. Ikido

November 26, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Madam…i totally understand you.As a man i feel totally ashamed of making these assumptions about you women.
    As a remedy to this problem, I would like to join the feminist movement and balance out the equation. The only way for this to be done is for women to start taking their men on an all expense paid holiday, where we men would not have to spend a DIME!
    Once this starts happening, men would have no other choice but to respect your “Independent/Super-Women” status and the type of questions you complained about would cease immediately!!
    So Madam, when you are ready to start this movement, just let me know so that i can start my preparations for my all expenses paid trip.
    #WomenSponsoringMen

• Idak

November 26, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I envy your craze.

• Iyke

November 26, 2013 at 4:38 pm

lol @ Ikido
      I am unavailable to the noise you generously share… your conversation betrays intent…pretending you don’t care!!! Oh, now I get it….lol..It’s impossible right? lol!!!I get you.
      Ladies, it’s liberating when you don’t shy about living…being in the fullness of the moment is a gift you give yourself….Maybe, we (MEN) don’t tell you, we love it when you work hard, and actually TREAT yourselves. We respect you more when you don’t have to wait for us to pay for everything…And we ADORE YOU forever when you are able to create a balance between being independent/smart and at the same time, know how to positively manage your relationships and your homes.
      Is it to much to ask? Problem is that the new found POWER gets into the heads of our beautiful ladies, they set unbelievable standards which when not managed properly, impacts negatively in relationships.
      I may be wrong but I think BALANCE is KEY.

• Non professional opinion

November 26, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I suppose this is part of the reason nigerian women prefer to chop than do independent. The nigerian male ego is so fragile, that if you don’t “balance” it well, you will be turfed out for someone a little more needy. *sigh*

• AW

November 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm

R u for real or you just being sarcastic?

• diamond

November 27, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Uncle, the movement has been ongoing oh! I’ve seen ladies sponsoring guys and buying all sort of gifts. Ask around, people will tell you.

20. Aryn

November 26, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Isio,
    Happy birthday. You obviously enjoyed yourself. I was enjoying your pictures till i saw you scuba dive and i was green with envy. I am female and i travelled extensively footing my own bill before i got married. When i was dating my hubby saw my passport and was amazed. It gingered him and he also began to travel. We look for new places to go in West Africa and an International trip every year. I always encourage my femal friends and colleagues to travel as well and i am glad they take my advice.
    For the others out there, take care of yourself, travel, shop, there are lotsof places to visit in Naija, West Africa , Africa and the rest of the world.
    Life is too short to be waiitng for some man or mugu or maga to pay the bills.
    Enjoy your money.
    Thanks Isio for sharing photos from such a remarkable holiday!

21. Desireayo

November 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Lovely pictures n nice treat u gave urself girl.I pamper myself well with my hard earned money instead of looking for one man/men to do that for me and I walk head high that i get to hear comments like “shakara mi ti poju” but I DONT CARE.Great babes,ladies,pls lets keep working wisely n take care of ourselves like the Queen we are.

22. Grace

November 26, 2013 at 3:59 pm

🙂 Love this….like someone said…If i dont care of myself who will.

23. Mariaah

November 26, 2013 at 4:04 pm

OMG!! I love Isio forever and ever!! Haha.. Happy Birthday, good to know you had fun!! 🙂

I feel you on the questioning thing and hell yeah!! Buy yourself beautiful things. Me I can’t afford hols oo (playful scornful look***) LOL 🙂 but I am buying me self a BB10 (IDC, IDC) phone and I know people will ask.. I will just give the most beautiful smile 🙂

24. Marc Francis of Chelsea

November 26, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Loved this piece. Gorgeous sunset photo. Isio is one of the most beautiful women in Nigeria IMO.

25. Vee

November 26, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Isio is indeed a beautiful woman. And I love that she’s an independent woman.
    Many people in Nigeria think when you get to 30 it starts to become a bit to late for marriage. I like that people like her and Genevieve embrace being single and independent. There’s nothing wrong with doing you. Sounds cliche but you dont need a man in your life to make you happy.

• memebaby

November 26, 2013 at 5:50 pm

but is true though.. women don’t need a man to be happy…even if, we have to be happy with ourselves before we can even fully enjoy the company of a man..

26. Heha

November 26, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Wonderful writeup. You started 30 very well

27. Hot sumtyn

November 26, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Bella all these things moving on your website at the same time can destroy somebodys eye joh. Must the advert blink and move?

I enjoyed this write up. And this place is definitely on my “to go” list.

28. nky

November 26, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Thank you Isio for sharing your story……. Inspired!

29. The Real Madam the Madam

November 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Loved this piece. Isio seems like my type of lady. I like a woman who isn’t afraid of the big 3-0 and does something fabulous for herself to celebrate. You do well my sister.
    As per your questions, na the way o. Very sad thing. Continue to do you and live your life fabulously, let them be there asking JAMB questions.

30. RunnerGirl

November 26, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Good for you! I just did the same. – island resort – for my 30th. And it was soooooo worth it. My cousin and I decided to treat ourselves. We were definitely taught to enjoy life, travel if we could, etc and plan ahead for that

31. Berry Dakara

November 26, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I 100% loved this article. It wasn’t just the fun element of her trip to Mauritius (of which, I’m envious cos I LOVE traveling) but her last few words. If I were the one asked those questions, I definitely would have retorted with a smart answer, asking why I can’t travel by myself on my own dime.

I was chatting with a coworker today and we were joking about money, and I told him I didn’t have much money to play around now because my fiance and I have to pay rent after we get married shortly. My coworker was surprised and asked, “Ah ah, but you be babe now. Is it not your guy that’s paying the whole thing? Isn’t that how it’s done?” I told him I’m not one of those kinda girls. Yes, if my honey wants to pay for everything, okay but I expect to do my part, and my part includes contributing to our life together… including financially.

Love your article Isio! BN, let’s have more of these, shall we? And new vacay spots, instead of SA. I, of course, am willing to be your Travel Writer FOR FREE, as long as my airfare and accommodation is taken care of :p

berrydakara.blogspot.com

32. Danielle

November 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Awwwww, she is my name sake.

33. ad

November 26, 2013 at 6:44 pm

You are designed to be under a man

• Mimi

November 26, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Beside a man honey, not under

• OmoMakun-www.ankarafestla.com

November 26, 2013 at 8:37 pm

We are designed to be under God…don’t get it twisted.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

November 26, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Dear Omo, how many ways can I express my love for you right now?

Isio, get yours, hon & I pray this new decade brings new joys and greater fulfilment. You’re not even close to the halfway point of your life….

• nomad

November 26, 2013 at 8:45 pm

You are designed to be under a goat.

• The Real Madam the Madam

November 26, 2013 at 11:00 pm

CRYING.

• Roar

November 27, 2013 at 3:16 pm

ROTFLMAO!!!

34. OmoMakun-www.ankarafestla.com

November 26, 2013 at 8:34 pm

First of the all, Happy Belated Birthday! I’m glad you made
    your 30th memorable, these are the things you’ll look back at and
    know that you enjoyed life. As far as the you spending money on
    yourself, please by all means do it! Let them talk! There’s nothing
    you can do about it, cos na dem get their mouth. If you have it,
    spend it! Take care of yourself!

35. Naveah

November 26, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I thought that was Marlo Hampton from Real Housewives of Atlanta

36. nene

November 27, 2013 at 12:43 am

gorge, gorge, gorge!

37. Lara

November 27, 2013 at 6:20 am

i enjoyed this piece. Thanks for the write up and pictures.
    How did you process the visa from Nigeria? do they have and embassy in Nigeria? You can educate us. thanks

38. Idak

November 27, 2013 at 8:04 am

Once again Isio, Happy birthday.
    In regards to those points you raised; as much as I feel your pain, the Assumed haters still have a point. The points they raised are not directed at young the plenty ladies who have responded on this blog. It is directed at the 99% of ladies we know and see who go on 400k holidays while earning 100k a month. The penitent question is who is their helper? Is it the ‘holy ghost’? Or is it this same old story of God’s grace and hard work? No red going into first hand experiences (as I have to protect my relative annonymity) but we all know that most of these talk of independent woman is wash. I genuinely pity real independent women, they are in the minority bit obviously non-existent. Let us not pretend that supposedly ‘independent’ ladies have helpers,hence the comments you described.

• Bukky

November 27, 2013 at 10:47 am

Idak for the first time in a long time you are thanked for this comment. 2 is better than 1. The so called independent ladies singing you run the world girls forget even beyonce is 2! Lol… Let them be deceiving themselves that being single is fine and deceiving gullible ones while desperately working in secret! Smh!

39. Modella

November 27, 2013 at 8:49 am

Isio d le vaga is such a beauty,I was a huge fan when she was a presenter at “Glo Gbam show” still wonder why the show was cancel…But you have added some flesh sha,you look far from being a model now!

40. Idak

November 27, 2013 at 9:10 am

This obsession with a ‘little weight’ is a bit worrying.
    This lady still looks a bit skinny in my eyes.

41. Aibee

November 27, 2013 at 9:39 am

And someone’s father refused to allow her go to Calabar on holiday herself because “it’s not right for a woman to stay in hotels by herself. It gives people the wrong impression about her. When you marry, you can travel anywhere with your husband. You can go to London and spend your holidays with your cousins but you can’t go stay in hotel by yourself.”

Dear Husband, please come quickly and make sure you love travelling. We’ll save towards our annual family vacation.

Belated birthday greeting Isio. May the new year bring gratitude for answered prayers.

• Berry Dakara

November 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm

BUAHAHAHAHAHA! I feel your pain. My dad once quoted the Bible to me because I wanted to visit Ghana on a whim. The way he said it, God is against spontaneity

• Non professional opinion

November 27, 2013 at 3:55 pm

LWKMD! I fear your Pops.

• Roar

November 27, 2013 at 4:04 pm

That’s my dad for you oh!..Lol!

42. Keepingitreal

November 27, 2013 at 10:23 am

Great pictures
    Great scenery…
    Adding Mauritius to the bucket list….
    So many gorgeous places to go to, so little time…
    Best part? VISA ON ARRIVAL FOR PERIOD OF TWO WEEKS…
    I wish Isio would come back and answer some of the questions asked though…

Happy Belated Birthday…It is always important to spoil yourself a little…with the hard earned money you earn…although lying down on your back is still hard earned for some…there is dignity in paying your way…way to go girl

43. no 1 fan

November 27, 2013 at 10:28 am

bellanaija, pls information on how to apply for a Mauritius visa. Please! Would like to go there for ma birthday

44. Blessmyheart

November 27, 2013 at 10:55 am

I became independent quickly and I’ve always paid my way right from school. I sponsored a major part of my wedding and also contributed to the honeymoon. But I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be totally taken care of and almost wish I could experience that. Is that wrong?

• Berry Dakara

November 27, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Nope. I experienced it once for a few months. Sometimes I want to be completely spoiled too.

45. mdevaan

November 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm

glad u had fun!!! love it esp the last part
    “If you cannot spend your hard-earned money on yourself, why should somebody else spend THEIR hard earned money on you? Abi?!”

46. Zelda

November 27, 2013 at 2:01 pm

its not funny really,sometymes wn im drivin esp. cab men wil be lk abeg comot fr road, all these women wey men don buy car fr, hmm black man, car wey i buy with my hard earned salary

47. uju

November 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

awwwww…..seeing this, i soooooo want to visit Mauritius right now!!!…gorg girl… wish you a blessed year.

48. ao

November 27, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Honey, spend your money however you like. You earned it. The issue is that there is a chunk of the naija female population whose lifestyles are subsidized by men and therefore, some assume that this is the case for every woman living in naija that has a posh lifestyle. Happy Birthday, by the way.

49. Lydia

November 27, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Well done. You just spoke my mind. I’m happy you did not need someone to spoil yourself. That is having self worth .

50. Koenigsreich

November 30, 2013 at 7:56 am

Isio love!
    Lots of love. I’m sure you had a blast!
    You get it, you get the point so right! And that’s the way it should be, with a every woman.
    Cheers,