News

Supermodel Oluchi Orlandi at the Launch Party for “Africa’s Next Top Model” in Lagos – See Photos!

BellaNaija.com

Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi at the Africa's Next Top Model Event - November 2013 - BellaNaija 01

It was a citrus delight on Friday night.

Nigerian supermodel Oluchi Orlandi made a stylish arrival in orange at the launch party for Africa’s Next Top Model at Pravada Lounge, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The modelling reality TV show which is a franchise of Tyra BanksAmerica’s Next Top Model, will debut today Sunday 10th November 2013 on DSTV’s Africa Magic Entertainment Channel by 6 PM.

Oluchi styled her orange dress which draped perfectly on her hot bod, with gold stud earrings, a gold bracelet, a silver wrist watch and a pair of leopard print sandals.

She completed the look with soft wavy dark locks, and neutral lipstick.

Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi at the Africa's Next Top Model Event - November 2013 - BellaNaija 02

Oluchi & Folake Folarin-Coker of Tiffany Amber

Oluchi & Folake Folarin-Coker of Tiffany Amber

Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi at the Africa's Next Top Model Event - November 2013 - BellaNaija 04

Talk about going from a red carpet style star to a bikini bombshell in 24 hours. Yesterday, she flaunted her killer model curves while taking a swim in black. Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi - November 2013 - BellaNaija 01

Keep refreshing BellaNaija.com for more photos from the event.
Photo Credit: Ebenezer Dada for Insigna | www.instagram.com/oluchi1

1. Modella

November 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

Hawt.mama.com!

• Abeeee

November 11, 2013 at 8:03 am

Love her!!!

2. frenchniara

November 10, 2013 at 11:24 am

Not feeling those shoes, but all the best

3. Idak

November 10, 2013 at 11:39 am

I often struggle to understand the hype around this girl.
    Just an everyday look that is suited to the modelling world on
    account of her slimness. It is rarely said,but nothing
    special.

• chioma

November 10, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Me too, like seriously, shes so overrated, she reminds me an agama lizard. Granted africans like her and alek wek are overhyped, I know bald head black gorgeous models that look better and easier on the eye. With mouth closed I always think all front teeth are missing. Shes way overhyped #amjustsaying

• Anon

November 10, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Thought the same about Alek Wek until I saw her in Brent Cross ages ago. Her skin is amazing. You can’t help but notice her. Oluchi’s body and bone structure are her selling points. She never gets it right in the shoe stakes.

• Straight4ward

November 10, 2013 at 2:52 pm

You and me both!

• nene

November 10, 2013 at 4:02 pm

you should know nigerian hype anything that’s not nigerian (they even hype people and things from other african countries), especially when it’s foreign.

• ms lala

November 10, 2013 at 8:14 pm

two words LUCA ORLANDI…am here in NY…we know!!!

• Lizzy O. The DIYLady.

November 11, 2013 at 1:05 pm

May your days of struggle soon come to an end in Jesus name.

SUCCESS is THE HYPE! No matter what somebody looks like, a SUCCESS story is welcomed ANYWHERE!
      The beggar on the street with missing tooth who made it on American Idol = HYPE.
      A woman who said a phrase thousands say on the regular while making it sound funny on Live TV = HYPE
      A Lady with amazing legs, who walks and struts her stuff on the runway, while getting designers LOTS of buyers, someone who came from what is or should I say was considered a third world country making it in circles with people such as Tyra Banks = HYPE.

I am not calling you an hater as most people are quick to call those with opposing views, But to say you don’t understand the hype around OLUCHI means that you might not KNOW enough and you should stop struggling. Just Google to learn a bit more about her and all of her success.

If there’s typo in my comment, it’s because my blood was boiling as I typed this.

• Leah

November 11, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Lizzy, where have you been all my life? You better preach!

• Idak

November 20, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I saw this interesting comment very late.
      Your comment is anchored on the premise that my days of are filled with struggle. Very wishful premise.
      Coating that wish with Jesus’ name will never make it true. Jesus has more important things to do than attend to your wishful prayers.
      I repeat that I do not get the hype around Oluchi. Despite my attraction to a specific build of the female specie (not Oluchi’s kind), I get the hype around several models (no need calling names) and my inability to see anything special in her is not related to her nationality. No need sounding smart but when it comes to these kind of stuff, I sure do not need Google for the basics.
      I am sure your boiling blood has come down mow.

4. Ada

November 10, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Nip slip in the last picture #okbye

5. Miranda

November 10, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Ugly shoe please ewwwwwwwww.

6. Winifred

November 10, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I know pple will vex o but I don’t like this ladies body!
    No beef here o. She too skinny na

• nawa

November 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm

it’s a requirement in her line of work to be skinny (and tall) i understand the overrated comments beauty in the eyes of the beholder I guess

7. nene

November 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm

lol at folake coker’s picture. i’m sorry, but i don’t see this venture lasting (lack of sponsors and stress), but i wish oluchi luck.

8. Soraya

November 10, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Is this me or Oluchi Orlandi has gone flabby??? Whatever happened to that previously toned body? She may be slim but she needs to hit the gym! Pronto!

9. Modella

November 10, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Orobo on rampage…who let them out??

10. Soraya

November 10, 2013 at 4:02 pm

and while we are on the subject, Oluchi is not longer a ‘supermodel’- she was never one in the first place!

• Leah

November 10, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Magazine – Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire and more.
      Sport Illustrated Swimsuit Issue – 4 times
      Runway – John Galliano, Chanel, Christian Dior, Giorgio Armani and more
      Victoria’s Secret’s Annual Fashion Show – Seven, thats right 7 years in a row.
      Agency – Elite, DNA.
      Sweetheart the woman’s resume speaks for itself. Nice try though.

• JO

November 11, 2013 at 12:09 am

@ Leah 1000000 likes. Bad belle soraya

• Shao

November 11, 2013 at 5:46 am

@soraya please speak with facts & knowledge. If you don’t know much about a topic, do not open thine mouth at the expense of sounding ignorant and clueless.
      To do you a favour & keep you educated, yes Oluchi is indeed a supermodel based on her career achievements. Read all about it!

• Cy

November 11, 2013 at 9:16 am

You are so ignorant, and while on the subject GOOGLE is your friend! sheesh!

11. Nwa amaka

November 10, 2013 at 4:04 pm

don’t listen what they say your are gorgeous they are just jealous.

12. Que

November 10, 2013 at 4:11 pm

That picture with Folake Coker on d stool, is the cutest thing…..lol… nice dress too… she’s obviously got giant feet so I’ll free the shoes cos I think they wlda looked better on their own.

13. Big bros

November 10, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Event looks too shabby for the brand…what venue is this and why could they not buy a new carpet. See how dirty the carpet is and the backdrop for that even is horrible! Jeez.

14. kay

November 10, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Hard working oluchiiiiiii well done

15. lola

November 10, 2013 at 5:26 pm

She is beautiful! She may have a nasty attitude but I can’t deny d fact dat she is a gorgeous lady! She didn’t bleach or add any weight! Pls free her abeg

16. Fashola

November 10, 2013 at 5:38 pm

She looks very nice well done we are PROUD of you

17. MyView

November 10, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I think she is a gorgeous woman. See she has not adopted a fake accent and I guarantee you she is not using any “skin toning soap”, and yet she is a very successful super model.

18. Chigbo

November 10, 2013 at 5:50 pm

As I opened this page, I was just praying let me not see Tokes picture here too……the thing don’t dey too much…….LMAO.

Lol…..Oluchi is stunning. Pardon my loose tongue BN.

19. Hadassah

November 10, 2013 at 6:49 pm

@chigbo lol!! Me too hahahha. Toke na level!! I tire for am.

20. lorenz

November 10, 2013 at 7:51 pm

She still looks good after all these years. As for the reality show , i believe she’ll be seeing more sponsors in its next season. Nigerians will watch, i would watch. Who doesn’t wanna see hot Nigerian girls on Tv. With all the over-hyped, exaggerated bakassis in the news these days, seeing something different would be nice. And for those of u who said the show won’t last, i can bet u, they’ll be a season 5.

21. http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

November 10, 2013 at 8:31 pm

What’s up with this Toke hate campaign. People just follow the trend. Is it a crime for her to accept events that some of you would be dying for?

I really feel for Toke sometimes, pure haters are constantly on her trail courtesy of her initial misunderstanding with Linda Ikeji..

Anyways Oluchi is a tad too slim. She’s beautiful but so are millions of us. Wish her all the best all the same.

africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

22. Mbonyiwe

November 10, 2013 at 8:56 pm

She talks funny – is it a put on accent?

23. wiklo

November 11, 2013 at 4:33 am

C’mon people give the chick a break, she started from nothing, NOTHING (yes, know her history) and as fate would have it she’s someone special in many quarters (worldwide) a stage most of us dream or aspire to attain one time or the other in our life…

24. VICKY

November 11, 2013 at 9:45 am

LOVE .. LOVE.. LOVE TIFFANY AMBER’S NECKPIECE … GET STATEMENT AND COUTURE FASHION ACCESSORIES LIKE HER’S HERE uberchicville.com

25. Ice-diva

November 11, 2013 at 11:37 am

I have to chip in to comments that say they don’t understand the hype around her. Its not hype dear its called success. Success from nothing TO SOMETHING from sleeping in a house in Agege to waking up in an apartment in new york, she a typical example of the Nigerian dream, lives with Aunty comes from an ok background one simple competition the rest is history. people will always identify with Cinderella realities anytime any day deal with it, cos we all have our dreams we want to come through. #cheers to Oluchi# God is still in the business of taking people from prison to palace you are a testimony of that FACT.

26. tweety

November 11, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The Event was tacky!!!

27. my opinion

November 11, 2013 at 2:36 pm

let’s be factual here; if not that she’s a super model or she won face of africa- there is really nothing special about her! with all the hype about her, she does not still look classy abeg! she has this next-door-gal look. Haba! she should step up jare- is that how other super models look? especially at the launch of an event like this… Tyra banks would not even try looking this way. She looks very very dull here!

28. Caribbean Babe

November 12, 2013 at 1:11 am

Nice figure. You don’t have to be beautiful to be a model. You just need to look unique. In fact, it’s very rare that “pretty” or “beautiful” girls are used in modeling.

29. wiklo

November 12, 2013 at 6:43 am

Thanks Caribbean Babe…[email protected] my opinion, I think your opinion stinks..for starters let’s see your name and pretty face come up on google.com so we can judge how astonishingly gorgeous you look next to our next-door-gal – Oluchi….and please while u are at it google some more to see Oluchi and Tyra pictured together on different occasions (guess it takes a super model to know another after all)…you’d also see her in a striking layout with other to models such as Naomi, Iman, Cynthia Bailey, Alek, et al…

• Caribbean Babe

November 17, 2013 at 3:27 am

My dear, I have graced the cover of celebrity magazines in
      Nigeria and have been featured in your news papers at main events.
      I have been featured on BEN TV and many call me beautiful. I am
      light in complexion. I am mixed with American Indian and black and
      have long flowing hair. I am a dress size 10. I am married to a
      9ija man and many of your men comment about my beauty. I state this
      for the record. It is well known that those of us who are from the
      Caribbean are beautiful women. This is why your men gape at us when
      they see us. Not only am I beautiful to look at but I am also well
      qualified. When I wear your traditional clothing to the King’s
      palace and to traditional functions, I am told that I look like an
      African Queen. In fact my father-in-law calls me “our queen”. My
      beauty is not in question here. The simple point is that YOU DO NOT
      HAVE TO BE BEAUTIFUL TO BE A MODEL. You need to have unique
      appearance like Alec Wok and the skill to grace the cat walk.
      Modeling is about skill and form and not about a pretty face. I
      know many women that are beautiful but they do not have the poise
      to be a super model. You need poise to be a good model. NOT A
      PRETTY FACE. After all, I wouldn’t call Alex Wok pretty.

30. Edmond-Joe

November 12, 2013 at 3:10 pm

We should learn to give credit were it belongs and were it is deserved..Oluchi has made a name for herself period haters will choke…

31. mercii

November 13, 2013 at 9:03 am

cut some slacks for her now! agreed, ugly shoes! but she has made a name for us here in Nigeria. most of the people complaining are either on the plump side or unsuccesful! Oluchi keep it up jare, better luck on the choice of shoes next time.

32. Caribbean Babe

November 17, 2013 at 3:30 am

My dear, I have graced the cover of celebrity magazines in
    Nigeria and have been featured in your news papers at main events.
    I have been featured on BEN TV and many call me beautiful. I am
    light in complexion. I am mixed with American Indian and black and
    have long flowing hair. I am a dress size 10. I am married to a
    9ija man and many of your men comment about my beauty. I state this
    for the record. It is well known that those of us who are from the
    Caribbean are beautiful women. This is why your men gape at us when
    they see us. Not only am I beautiful to look at but I am also well
    qualified. When I wear your traditional clothing to the King’s
    palace and to traditional functions, I am told that I look like an
    African Queen. In fact my father-in-law calls me “our queen”. My
    beauty is not in question here. The simple point is that YOU DO NOT
    HAVE TO BE BEAUTIFUL TO BE A MODEL. You need to have unique
    appearance like Alec Wok and the skill to grace the cat walk.
    Modeling is about skill and form and not about a pretty face. I
    know many women that are beautiful but they do not have the poise
    to be a super model. You need poise to be a good model. NOT A
    PRETTY FACE. After all, I wouldn’t call Alex Wok pretty.

33. silva pongui simba

March 16, 2015 at 10:45 am

yeah yeah girl oluchi orlandi u still rock African beauty, I love ur work and good luck with ur career, big love.