Features

Atoke’s Monday Morning Banter: I’d Like to Spend a Night in An Igloo

It’s been a little over a week since the Malaysian Airlines MH370 went off course and off the radar. I have been following the story with a lot of curiousity, because it has just been so freaking weird. Authorities have been scouring everywhere for the plane and they have only been able to come up with speculations as to what could have gone wrong. As I watch the horror, agony and pain in the faces of the relatives, who are unsure of the fate of their loved ones, the fleeting nature of life keeps echoing in my head.

One minute you’re texting ‘See you on the other side’ and the next minute you’re being sucked into the Bermuda triangle. In light of this, it’s very easy to see why some people adopt the You Only Live Once attitude to life and they try to get as much out of life as they can.

I remember being on a flight from Abuja to Lagos and we hit a bit of turbulence and the girl beside me was freaking out. After repeatedly calling all parties of the Holy Trinity, she reminded the God Head that she couldn’t die yet as she was not yet married, neither had she carried a child in her womb. Therefore, his covenant with her was not yet fulfilled and she wasn’t eligible to take up her place in the great beyond. When I got home, her negotiation with God stayed with me. Marriage and children were on her bucket list! It was time to start thinking of a list of my own – things I’d like to achieve in this lifetime.

So, with the disappearance of the Malay plane, I have had to dig out my really scanty bucket list again. I mean, I have some really weird ideas, like wanting to spend a night in an igloo. I’ve had a life long fascination with igloos.  Did they have heating of any sort? Did people stand up straight while inside them? The latter shouldn’t really be a problem as I’m really vertically challenged, so I figured that wasn’t a problem. How do I get there? Go to Canada? How does one get to the Antarctica anyway?

Next stop on my bucket list is, ‘Being in a police car chase in Manhattan’. Of course this is one of those things you don’t really think through when you’re conceptualizing it. For instance, will I ride with the cops or will I be the one being chased? We’ll work out the kinks later, but I’ve always imagined it’ll be a thrilling experience. I assume cars won’t be toppled over like they do in the movies but there’s just something about the anticipatory adrenalin that just makes me wanna do it before I die.

I wanted to go to space too, then I watched the episode of Big Bang Theory where Howard was getting sick all the time, and his puke just kept floating back in his face. Nah son! No space, no NASA for me. I’ve gone zip lining in a canopy of trees, so we can cross that off. I’ve had lunch with Banky W, we can cross that off as well. I’d like to watch a volcano erupt live (from a safe distance of course). I’ve always wanted to, since I was in secondary school. Something about the molten magma has always stirred an interest The list also has some super X-rated sexual activities in some weird as places but hey… that’s why it’s on the Bucket List. Once in a lifetime kind of thing.

It’s time to actually populate the list a bit more. So I scurried off to the internet for some ideas and boy do they have some really nice things out there: Hike Kilimanjaro; Ride an Elephant; Meet Oprah Winfrey; Drink Vodka in Russia – (this one sounds exciting); Spend St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin. (This is right on the timing mark isn’t it?); Serve my Country – (Nigerians can cross this off after NYSC); Write a Book (From your lips to God’s ears oh, brethren!)

And it goes on and on and gets even more exciting, but I’ll have to love you and leave you here. Thank you so so so much for always reading every week. I have too much love for you guys. Have a fabulous week ahead and remember life is too short to get bogged down by the little things. Let’s try and change what we can – mindset, attitude and perception.

Don’t forget to share your bucket list with us. Why it’s there and the stuff you’ve crossed off.

Peace, love & cupcakes.
Toodles!

Photo Credit: huffingtonpost

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Atoke – Writer | Lover | Noisemaker @atoke_

1. idoma chick

March 17, 2014 at 9:36 am

my bucket list is rily long sha but let me jst give u guys a sneak peek; travel to soo many islands,go for bungee jumping,get married,have kids,travel to bermuda n get a peek at d triangle,establish a business,build my dream house.I will stop here for now.

• Kay

March 17, 2014 at 1:27 pm

the bermuda triangle is a myth.

• AA

March 17, 2014 at 1:51 pm

The bermuda triangle is not a place to be ‘peeked’ at. Some even doubt its existence. Its a vortex, it cant be seen

2. Jo!

March 17, 2014 at 9:42 am

Had a 25 things to do before 25 list, did like 10 before I hit 25, need to go and revisit that list

3. Motun

March 17, 2014 at 9:45 am

Nice piece Atoke, always the week-maker!
    Hm…My major bucket list item is to get laid by some really hot indian guy (just the like d ones in movies)

4. 'leye

March 17, 2014 at 10:12 am

I’d like to fufill my moms wish of travelling to obodo oyinbo…she really wants to travel by air!!!

5. Chelle

March 17, 2014 at 10:12 am

One of the major things i had on my bucket list and had to cross out with a heavy heart was meeting MICHEAL JACKSON and him bringing me up on stage to sing to me. (you know the rest of the story). i also want to be on ellen’s show(still searching for my story). i also want to go sky diving!!! i used to have a HUGE crush on tuface so there was a special bucket list just for the two of us, but these days i see sadness in his eyes. Something is definately wrong with tuface( emotionally).Atoke do have a great week ahead ( u had to bring the micheal jackson memory back)

• Berry Dakara

March 17, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Erm, Tuface has sadness in his eyes?

:-S

• Que

March 17, 2014 at 4:37 pm

As innn!! I was wondering bout that too!! Biko leave d sadness for his wife to see o….#faceyourwork…

6. lu-lu

March 17, 2014 at 10:14 am

skydiving
    skiing
    backpacking
    …….

7. Tiki

March 17, 2014 at 10:20 am

After almost losing my life getting on two years now, my bucket involves things like go bungee-jumping, climb Mount Fako, go on a speedboat ride across the open seas (did this a month ago, exhilarating stuff!) go snorkeling, parachute out of a plane, drive around Europe, visit a mine, adopt/sponsor an orphan, and love until my heart bursts. 1 down, 8 to go… I’ll hit at least another 2 this year, God willing…

• B-WEST

March 17, 2014 at 2:30 pm

…sweetie i just saw GOD giving YOU another priceless go @ life & going by your choices? u already keenly going @ breaking his heart. ever thought of that unique assignment GOD put u on earth to fulfill? And only YOU, NO1 BUT YOU can fulfill it. You shuld invest 700naira in THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE- A worthwhile book all the way, when you’re done? there’ll be a paradigm shift& a recreated bucket list.smiles*thank me later.

• Bleed Blue

March 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

ROTFL at this comment…oh Tiki please come back and see this…”keenly going @ breaking his heart”?…Please how?…Abeg my ribs oh! 🙂

• Que

March 17, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Nna see drinking of panadol for God….#wow!

• Jo!

March 18, 2014 at 11:42 am

Hian, Whats this biko????

8. Neo

March 17, 2014 at 10:22 am

My bucket list is very basic, have a baby is definitely number 1, go to Hawai, take a picture on the HOLLYWOOD sign, kiss Boris Kodjoe, drive a vintage Mustang….

• Bleed Blue

March 17, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Kiss Boris is basic?

9. Adeleke

March 17, 2014 at 10:24 am

Nice one Atoke – I’ve got quite alot in my HOPE TO DO LIST BEFORE I DIE: However one which strikes me the most is to end up being a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Rather dry I guess 🙂

10. Mrs A

March 17, 2014 at 10:25 am

Nice write up..
    Hi BN team, how do I send in articles??

11. Vanessa

March 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

My bucket list:
    1)visit all the wonders of the world
    2)learn a new language
    3)take part in a triathlon
    4)connect with all the teachers from my past – college, high school, all of it. Let them know how they shaped my life.
    5)be a mentor to someone
    6) resign from a job I don’t like.
    7)be a matchmaker-introduce my single friends to each other (the rest is up to them!)
    8)go on a cruise in the sea
    9)fall in love
    10)be in love.
    So, help me God.

• Bleed Blue

March 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I like your list…maybe because it makes me feel slightly accomplished…seeing as I’ve done 2,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 🙂

#GodBePraised

12. Colour Purple

March 17, 2014 at 10:49 am

1) Visit the theme parks with the world scariest rides (water parks included) (Currently working may way through that list)
    2) Do the *(ehem)* with the significant other in a place we could get arrested (adrenaline junkie tinz)
    3) Make a video dancing to ukwu while heavily preggs and upload it on youtube 🙂
    4) Amsterdam!!!!!!!!
    5) 70 years wedding anniversary 🙂

13. Ajobi26

March 17, 2014 at 11:11 am

i just want to act in a Nigerian movie no matter how short..i am a very talented actress who has done a lot of stage plays…i love my 9-5 HR job but just want a role 🙂

• Sunshine

March 17, 2014 at 3:01 pm

My friends would think i typed that.

• Miss Anonymous

March 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Hi Ajobi, call 08032595291

14. kim

March 17, 2014 at 11:27 am

1)fall and stay in love
    2)have three children and of course be married
    3)hv the guts to resign from my job i dont like
    4)get a nice job and be successful in life
    5)learn to love and trust God no matter what
    6)a nice ride(bently)

15. eesha

March 17, 2014 at 11:29 am

Oh so Atoke you finally got to meet Banky “doubliyou”. Good for you.

16. Mz Socially Awkward...

March 17, 2014 at 11:34 am

Sometimes, I think average Nigerians are too preoccupied with getting the basic necessities (food, shelter, good health, formative education, ability to provide for others, etc.) to consider such luxuries as a bucket list 🙁

Surviving in spite of the odds – that’s the summary of our bucket list. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer….

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 17, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Probably need to clarify that I’m not mad at Atoke’s article, just hella mad at the people in charge of us who constantly kill dreams.

• Que

March 17, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Sister, preoccupied-no doubt, but even d worst ones have one wish or d other, inspite of their circumstances…so dont write d bucket list off just cos things aint rossy all round, pple garrit ooo, they do, all u need do is ask em.. I know I’ve been pleasantly surprised to learn this. Cheers.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 17, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, babes. I suppose I hadn’t considered it from that p.o.v, bucket lists give people something to hope for. And Lord knows we all need a little hope…. 🙂

17. Africhic

March 17, 2014 at 11:47 am

My bucket list s kinda scanty right now, top of the list is marriage, buy my own house in a choice location, drop 15 kg ( WIP). walk the beaches of Malta barefooted (honeymoon??)

• oyinda

March 17, 2014 at 11:59 am

Lol. Me too I. Have my eye out on one sef- Aditya Roy Kapur. A girl can dream. Loool

• Tincan

March 17, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Go somewhere else for your honeymoon. Malta’s a bit rubbish.

I had to go back to my old old old blog to find my bucket list. And here it is:

1. Learn to ride a Horse…properly.

2. Bring up (not rear) a puppy from birth to death without killing or causing it untimely death. (I should say at this point that my mum will be kept very far from my puppy. Matter of fact my house will have automatic detectors at the gates which will detect my mum’s presence and would blare out; Please mind the Dog!)

3. Get married. (I think, potentially this can be fun.) Tick

4. Learn to play the Piano, Saxophone and Violin in the same year.

5. Take a gap year and go backpacking…maybe down under to begin with.

6. Attend an MBA class…just for the sake of it.

7. Sew a Nigerian outfit and show it to my tailor…ha! hopefully that’ll deter her from giving me a £60 bill in future.

8. Not work for a year. No work, no business, no school, nothing. (Cher Seigneur, ce point est une plaisanterie- Dear Lord, this point is a joke!) Coming up soon by God’s grace.

9. Speak French fluently, complete with accents and all. (None of that nonsense I got when I tried speaking to some shopkeepers in Paris and they stared at me like I was something out of star wars)

10. Be cool again!?!

11. Learn to ride a horse…properly

• Berry Dakara

March 17, 2014 at 1:32 pm

9 – LOOOOOOOOOOL!

18. me

March 17, 2014 at 12:02 pm

my bucket list includes marrying a man i love so much . have kids and train them up in the way of the lord. visit all the 7 wonders of the world. Be a judge in Nigeria. too many injustice in our courts. i would like to give some landmark judgments. visit America, India and China. Touch peoples lives in an unforgettable way and most importantly be a happy person

19. Que

March 17, 2014 at 12:10 pm

O dear bucket list where we wan start:
    Places: China, Newyork, Malta, Egypt, Morocco… China down, NY to go dis yr Godwilling, n others follow soon.
    Work: start my business,-done… on to becoming a leading producer and distributor in my sector
    Society: publish professional books starting age 40, open a library/ school (depending on wch I can handle) and support sexual abuse victims.
    Love: fall in love wit n husband up an incredible man whom my head n heart agrees wit, then live in a brightly coloured 3storey house(nothing massive) with our not less than 3 happy n healthy kids!

Family: my siblings n I throw mama a fantastic 60th bday, n ship her n 2 friends for a cruise

Car: Own a badass midnight blue Mercedes, and One giant-steel protected truck to push danfo drivers with.
    Hobby: get professional dance training, to remain fit n very flexible into old age!

Random adventures: be a captain of my speedboat, experience a safari, cover more italian cities, engage in as many cultures locally n globally as I can…

Goal- #KeepLiving #KeepLoving #KeepLearning
    On that note Dear God, I know its one by one, n I’m getting better at being patient…. thank you for how far we’ve come, and I trust these into your able hands! Amen.

20. Nike

March 17, 2014 at 12:27 pm

My bucket list:
    1. Write an essay/book on John Mayer
    2. Institute a professorial chair (or prize) at my Uni in honour of my father

21. mia

March 17, 2014 at 12:40 pm

quitting a job you don’t like? hmm, i did that some years back and i must tell u, it feels good.

22. Teni

March 17, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Hmmm,my bucket list keeps changing over time…
    1.But i’d really like to impact the lives of some children before i die (give them a reason to hope);
    2.i’d like to take a speed boat ride (i fear i might throw up o,but still want it), then also ride take a power bike ride driven by Chris hemsworth
    3. I want to take strip dance lessons, even if its just my man i do the strip tease for, but i just want to dance on a pole and have him blessing God that am his…
    4. Definitely meet Oprah and tell her the benefits of adopting me as a daughter *smiles*
    5. Travel the world, visit some crazy places even the north pole…
    6. Then finally marry and have kids, and bore them to tears of my experiences

23. Nkay

March 17, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I have a bucket list of over a thousand things I want, not for me though but for my elder sister and from one to one thousand of it is for her to have a child. God please just grant me this wish and I swear, I won’t wish for any other thing. Its been going on 8 years and my sister who married as a virgin, with her and her husband having no gynecological or reproductive issues/problems is yet to get pregnant, talk less of having a child sef.
    Sorry I had to bring this here. Just got off the phone with her crying her heart out over another negative pregnancy test and it just ruined my day.

• slice

March 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm

i’m sorry darling. i can feel your pain. have they tried IVF

24. Person

March 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm

My bucket list keeps changing but I have seen/done the following: bungee-jumping, skydiving, atv and camel riding in the Sahara desert, the pyramids at Giza.
    To do: FALL IN LOVE proper. I have never been. Almost 30. smh. Cruise to the Antarctica/Alaska. Worship with Don Moen at Jerusalem. Pole Dancing and Krav Maga classes. Europe tour. My own house to decorate as I please.

25. Berry Dakara

March 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Gawsh, I’m loving reading all of your Bucket List items!!!

I had a 30 by 30 List… these are the ones I accomplished by 30

4) Make a pizza from scratch
    9) Participate in a marathon – Well I did a 5K. I’ll take it.
    11) Learn how to turn a man down with grace as soon as I see it’s going nowhere
    12) Find a red lipstick that fits my skin tone
    15) Learn how to sew, and maybe knit something! – I half sewed one or two dresses.
    21) Understand that I don’t have to prove myself to anyone but moi
    23) Make a full-length music video or get a bit part in a Nollywood-ish movie – YES!!! I was Desmond Elliott’s sister for 2 minutes! :p
    27) Go on a cruise

I need to revisit my list and do a 35 by 35 or 40 by 40.

• Tincan

March 17, 2014 at 2:38 pm

15! 15!! 15!!!

I actually did start on that dress. It was an ankara shift dress. I gave up half way though, ah mean, hand-sewing an ankara shift dress has to be one of my most silly ideas till date. It’s till up in one of my wardrobes complete with hanging needle and thread. I am back to London tailors and their wahala. I also starting knitting a scarf at Uni. It was meant to be for future husband. Again, husband’s been around for 5 years now, the scarf on the other hand … well, yes, up in that wardrobe. Think I’ll finish it for the grandchildren.

• Que

March 17, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Lmaoooooo @half dress hanging with needle n thread…. well at least u’ll be thankful for d pple who do it and do it well…

26. B-WEST

March 17, 2014 at 1:59 pm

the very superficial things people ‘think’ they shulda done in life scares & saddens me- the height of selfishness, the plan & purpose GOD put YOU on planet eartg holds no [email protected] *smiles*. Who i’m ito judge? but y’all need to go back to the drawing board! i recommend reading THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE – Rick Warren, and that also goes to the article writer. When we’re done with that, ABBA (source &sustainer)will illimunate us further..

• Colour Purple

March 17, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Sister or Brother B-West: There are different types of bucket list. For me and many people the bucket list is mostly made up of fun things. The more serious goals are included in plans as they are not just things we hope for but things we have to work towards and do some incredible soul searching and prayer for. GERRIT?

• Tincan

March 17, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Nah, I think most people treat a bucket list half in jest. It doesn’t detract from the fact that they want to accomplish their God-given purpose… certainly not for me. Matter of fact, I am working on what I believe to be my God-given purpose, it’s not on my bucket list, it’s on my to-do list and highly prioritized. Lighten up a bit 🙂

• Que

March 17, 2014 at 4:57 pm

And your own purpose seems to be misinterpretation and unrighteous judgement! Carry on, it clearly makes u feel good n serious! Keep being scared and sad at ur own risk!

27. Waye

March 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Atoke i love you.

28. Jane Public

March 17, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I feel very left out. I have no Bucket list. Never understood the concept. I make up my life challenges and goals as I go along. I am too in the moment kind of person. I want to do so something, I get up and do it. I resigned from an old job I hated, if you asked me 2 months before if I would resign, I would have looked at you like you were crazy, but 2 months after I was gone. I never thought I would buy a property on my own, it was one of those things I assumed I would do with a husband and kids but one day I drove past a new development, had this strange desire to go get the brochure and I was sold. I paid the holding deposit that day. I started saving from that day and in less than 3 months I pulled the resources together, a lot of garri drinking involved because I had a deadline. People save for years, I saved for months, some personal loans from friends invovled and I found myself a home owner. Not my plan at all. I emptied the account. My friends thought I was crazy, who just wakes up and buys a property. I applied for my MBA 2 days before the deadline. It wasn’t in the plan at all, I just woke up and applied. Best career decision ever. I broke up with an ex just like that. The poor dear didn’t see it coming. I was miserable as sin and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I have ticked off many places you guys say you want to go to and 8 out of 10 times, the holiday wasn’t planned. Bought a car after seeing the ad and I hitched a ride to a dealership the next day. I was carless that morning but I had paid off the last personal loan for the property and felt like treating myself. My penchant for taking major decisions on a whim is the reason why I don’t have a credit card. Never had one. I am allergic to debt. Being a YOLO kind of person is very liberating. I am grateful God has been good and not major disasters yet. Don’t have any plans for this year. I could wake up tomorrow and dye my hair red. Le Boo says it keeps him on his toes because I am the most unpredictable person he has ever met. Lol. Maybe I should take a leaf out of Atoke’s book and write a bucket list. Nah, I probably won’t do any on the list

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

March 17, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I read your comment and you might as well have been talking about me. I live as i go. Its exhilirating and a tad foolish but it works for me just fine.

29. Esco

March 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm

• I would love to run with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. I have partially done this one before – I was once chased around the yard and head-butted by a rogue ram at my friend’s Salah event.
    * I would spend a night with my girl on the kick off circle of the pitch of my beloved Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge stadium chilling under the floodlights. Mikel, hook it bro…
    * I would learn to fly an airplane and take skydiving lessons. Note to self: stay clear of any Nigerian airline’s aircraft. I would also have to double check the parachutes though – it would be disaster if I landed off course in Borno or any of the Boko Haram States. Aboki no vex. I love suya and radio too.
    * I would climb a tall rock or mountain. Olumo Rock has been done to death. So how about Aso Rock, the highest rock in the land? Hello Goodluck…
    * Turn my blog into a bestseller or franchise. Write a story about the struggles of the Nigerian electorate under our corrupt and inept political leadership and call it “The Hunger Games”
    * I would learn a language like Ibibio or Urhobo (even though I failed French in school). Someone should teach me Lekki-British though. I just came back…I wannna gonna..
    * I would go ocean dipping and snorkeling off the coast of Malibu, or Malaga in Spain or off the Adriatic coast in Croatia. Maybe I could find an oyster or some buried treasure from ages long past. By the way has anyone thought of snorkeling in that large pool of water next to the National Theatre (Lake Placid). Who knows what I will find in that water. Gold coins or faeces?
    * I have always wanted to visit and take wine testing classes in Southern France. Or palm-wine tasting in Sapele. Or akara tasting in Illesha. Or designer rice tasting in Lagos. Kunu sampling in Borno..okay maybe that can wait for a bit.
    * A date night with any of the following – Tracy N, Scarlet Johansson or Marisa Ramires (Melitta in the TV series Spartacus). The day I imagined my bucket-list, after the date,I would also be invited up for coffee..

• Atoke

March 17, 2014 at 3:27 pm

LOL

• Bleed Blue

March 17, 2014 at 4:21 pm

LOL! Who are you Esco and why have I never heard of this blog you refer to?

See me commenting on other people’s comments up and down but with no list of my own. Now Esco has brought something to mind. A bit unrealistic but hey ho:
      1. To have a 24hour marathon ‘gisting’/mind rubbing session on a huge comfy sofa with you Esco and Ofili and Atoke and Berry Dakara and Jane Public and Bobosteke and Mz Socially Awkward (sista cheer up na) and TA and Iris and Isio Wanogho(along with all her personalities) and Dooney(don’ worry not for your food honey, I love your narratives too!) and Slice and Marc Francis of Chelsea and Dr. N and let’s have Iyke for the Obahiagbon effect and the amazing Wole Soyinka to keep us all in check with his take on histroy and literature.
      And please Tchaikovsky’s music playing softly at the background with intermittent bursts of Asa.
      That’s me done. Sillyness over 🙂

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 17, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I’m “chaired” oh, my dear, I no get choice but to “chair” all the way up. As I said in another post today, life’s to burdensome to willingly thief your own joy…

So, ehen, this hanging out plan on ya bucket list, iz like I’m game. Biko, let it be an evening where we can all just let loose and check any reservations/uncertainties at the door. I’ll be looking forward to great music, laugh-out-loud conversations and amazing food. Dunni, no vex but I’ll be expecting entrees from you at the very least… You know it won’t feel right if you don’t cook.

And plix, can we get a bigger table at the bar to also accommodate such peeps as Jscgirl, Whocares, Bobosteke & Lara Bian, Que, Tincan, Naveah, Wole, Ada Nnewi, Nwanyi na ga aga, ao, Guys perspective, Product of Public Education, Madman… even Edreamz oh, because I need to meet the mystery man behind that moniker… In fact, let’s just shut down the joint… And of course, drinks will be on Uche Pedro’s tab as a bigz gal somebori who made this whole gathering possible …

And I know it was meant to be your bucket list but I’m a Nigerian, it’s second nature to take over somebody else’s “parry” 😀

• L'afrique

March 18, 2014 at 8:13 am

Lol @ “even EDreamz”. He will spoil your groove oh

• Berry Dakara

March 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

Yes!!!! Imma be there. I’ll bring the cake and Esco can bring what’s left of ScarJo’s coffee :p

• Bleed Blue

March 18, 2014 at 10:53 am

Bobosteke was already on my list oh! Very essential somebody! And how could I have forgotten Jscgirl, Madman, Que and Product of Public Education? Not sure I recognise the other names…newbies? LOL @ L’afrique’s comment.

Anywhichway since you Mz SA are the one recommending, then oya nau, let’s go! 🙂

• Atoke

March 21, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Hiya,

Is there an email address through which I can reach you?

Thanks.
      A.

• Miss Anonymous

March 17, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Haha! @ “invited up for coffee”.
      I can assure you snorkelling in the pool of water by National theatre will be the last thing you do!
      🙂

• Que

March 17, 2014 at 5:04 pm

LOLLL @rogue ram and flying off course!!!

• Easy n Gentle

March 17, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Had the widest grin on my face after reading this…. Nice one Boss

30. Ty

March 17, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I just want to be really, truly happy all the days of my life in both the mundane and the spectacular.

31. aen

March 17, 2014 at 4:51 pm

mine evolves wt time.after wishing for years to have the boldness to share the gospel,i did last week n its been a joyous ride. just want to be all GOD wants me to be.HE knows me best.because that way,my peace,Joy,happiness is guaranteed.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 17, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Wow. That’s a feat in confidence and faith, my darling late sister used to walk up to total strangers and I never understood what on earth her motivation was. Until she left us and then I got it – her motivation was not on earth.

Well done & more Grace for repeated experiences. Pray I’m able to screw up my own courage soon….

32. www.graciemama.com

March 17, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Atoke’s Monday banters: I so love and look forward to them….my bucket list is to have a bigger leadership academy for kids than that of Oprah Winfrey.

33. Easy n Gentle

March 17, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I’d really like to

1, Master Horse riding
    2, Own an Animal Farm
    3, Travel non-stop to places i’ve never been before for a Year; Location doesn’t matter but with varying scenery
    4, Learn either Spanish, Arabic, Hausa or Ibo
    5. Rear leaders of men (My children… biological or otherwise)
    6. Repay everyone whoever had faith in me
    7. Be straight and up-right [stature-wise] by 70. I don’t want to bend too early
    8. Be irresistibly and uncontrollably loved by a woman that is not my mother.

Must-Dos are in the pipeline if not completed

34. Dindin

March 17, 2014 at 7:57 pm

B-west are u psychic?. I am literally reading that book now.. Lol.

35. mimi

March 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm

my new bucket list is to meet Atoke and Mz Socially Awkward in person….

• Jo!

March 18, 2014 at 11:43 am

How old are you?
      Pull your head out of those asses they’re kissing biko

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 18, 2014 at 3:26 pm

@mimi, plix, come along for the “partay” as well! Don’t be shy, hon, ‘cos it’s about to go down at the BN hangout happening in Lasgidi (where else?)! 🙂

@jo, babes, no need to be mean to the poor chick (or anyone else) na. It’s all jokes and this forum has exposed some faceless but brilliant/hilarious characters who sound like they would be a treat to meet. Room for one more if you’re interested 😉

Speaking of which, Idak? Where at thou? Giving you that IV is on my own bucket list oh, berra show thyself when we begin dey find you with purpose….

• L'afrique

March 19, 2014 at 12:18 am

I miss Idak too oh 🙁

There I was hoping for Mz SA and Idak to…you know… 🙂

36. LADE

March 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm

BUCKET LIST
    *learn french
    *go to modelling school just for the sake of it
    *be in the military for a little while, just to inculcate discipline
    *learn how to walk in heels
    *go jet skiing
    *go on a ship cruise
    *go to a sex/pole dancing school school (to acquire sexual empowerment) hehe! i know thats wierd
    *read and understand the bible from begining to end
    *work in an international organisation(UN, World Bank etc..)
    *get professional dance training
    *learn to play tennis

37. slice

March 17, 2014 at 9:57 pm

money money money. fine guy. Money money money. good guy.

38. DOO

March 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Atoks!!!! Nice one, the comments on this post are hilarious…

39. menoword

March 18, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Some items on my Bucket list:
    Go on a 2 week trip to South Africa. Visit 2 countries every year.
    Visit a shooting range – learn how to shoot
    Learn how to ride a powerbike
    Learn another language – Hausa/Efik/French
    Skydive/Bungee jump

40. El patron medellin cartel

March 19, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Fly a F-15 fighter Jet
    Drive a vintage Ferrari a Countach will do!
    Smoke a Cohiba in Cuba With Rauf Castro.
    Buy An AR-15
    Own A ThoroughBred From Argentina Own A Condo in South beach
    Tour South America enjoy the culture,scenery and women..especially Brasil and Venezuela!

41. Vicki

March 25, 2014 at 5:38 pm

where and when is this parrrrryyyy ooooo