There are several women doing great things in West Africa’s business landscape and the upcoming CNBC All Africa Business Leaders Awards (AABLA), presented by Johnnie Walker Blue Label, looks to honour these women.
The CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Awards celebrates the game-changers in the African business landscape.
The awards recognize business leaders across five categories, but one category in particular, the Business Woman of the Year Award, speaks to the most radically innovative and rapidly growing industries in West Africa: Female-driven businesses.
With East and Southern Africa’s regional ceremonies now complete, the awards move on to West Africa on the 23rd of October, hosted at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos. After this final regional round, the winners will then go on to compete for the ultimate accolade in the awards’ pan-Continental Finale event on 14th November in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Five remarkable women from West Africa have been nominated in this category:
- Adenike Ogunlesi – Founder and Chief Responsibility Officer of Ruff ‘n’ Tumble
- Arunma Oteh – Director General of Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria
- Olubunkunola A. George – Founder and CEO of HealthPlus Nigeria
- Sola David-Borha – CEO of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC
- Swaady M. Martin-Leke – Founder and CEO of Yswara, Ivory Coast
The nominees in the West African Business Woman of the Year Awards category, similar to their East and Southern African peers, reflect the tenacity, pioneering vision, boldness and rare character that it takes to become a female business leader in a business landscape that has traditionally been dominated by male counterparts.