Scoop

Ariyike Akinbobola: How to Spy on Your Nanny

Ariyike Akinbobola - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01002Ever wondered what your nanny is doing behind closed doors?

Well, the good news is that you are not alone. According to Nigerian television presenter, talk show host and blogger Ariyike Akinbobola, it is necessary sometimes to know what your nanny is getting up to in your absence, especially in front of your kids.

In this week’s vlog, Ariyike shares tips on how to spy on your nanny.

Check on it!

1. nosey

October 30, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Lol!!! As much as there is so much humour in this vlog there is also so much truth! Thanks for the tip Ariyike baby! I have heard of so many horror stories concerning nannies so as ladies we gat to be extra vigilant when it comes to our precious bundles!

2. Essy

October 30, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I agree with you Ariyike. A mother can never be too care when it comes to her children.

3. Essy

October 30, 2014 at 12:40 pm

‘careful’

4. Asgrl

October 30, 2014 at 12:49 pm

If you don’t trust your nanny or child’s aid you probably shouldn’t hire them to be around your children!!!!! My sister was one during college and till today that family still checks in with her. That’s how much the family and children loved her.

5. ngozi

October 30, 2014 at 1:10 pm

very good tips, especially being friendly to people.. you dont know who can help you at any point.. well done

6. makeupbyebi

October 30, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Thanks for Sharing! especially that leave one eye at home while the other goes to work. 🙂 I have been so scared of these helps that i been working super mum without a nanny/help for 2years now and its been crazy! they apparently are necessary evil 🙁

7. Bleed Blue

October 30, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Hmmm this one that my nanny visits Bella Naija too…

• Iris

October 30, 2014 at 2:08 pm

LMBAO

• Thatgidigirl

October 30, 2014 at 7:57 pm

LMAO! Digital nanny, infact na she go tell you “aunty have you read Ariyike’s article?”

8. sum1special

October 30, 2014 at 1:32 pm

not all Nannies are bad, she is portraying them as really bad..not fair….

• nosey

October 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Its better to be safe than sorry. I will still implement some of those tips whether they are good or bad. You never really know people till they turn round and hurt you and when it comes to your chidren, every precaution is necessary.

• seyi

October 30, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Are you bleed blue’s nanny?…

• benny

October 30, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Lmaoooooooooooooo

• seyi

October 30, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Are you bleed blue’s nanny?? :))

9. Fume

October 30, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Love this Riki, people are most times not what they seem, but thank God for instincts one can never be too careful with the zillions of horrible stories one hears about nannnies

10. wwww.idolorsdomain.wordpress.com

October 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Ariyike, let’s hope your nanny doesn’t’ see this and put her
    ‘good person’ act into gear five while looking for the cctv! Nevertheless, you’ve made valid points and the bottom line is once you’re a mother, you become 007 too!

11. Ifunanya

October 30, 2014 at 2:19 pm

She’s said the truth,cox some nannies are dangerous but the way she twist her mouth is so hilarious lik a typical gossip lol

12. Ifunanya

October 30, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Bella what have I done to you?i just hope dis my comment is been approve and posted o,back to the matter,Arikiye I agree with you cox some nannies can be dangerious

13. jaybaby

October 30, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Loool…while we are busy looking for more ways to spy on them they’ll also be lukin for more ways to be more sneaky…you know what the bird told the hunter ryt…..hehehehhe *evuls

14. awhotu

October 30, 2014 at 4:23 pm

This is so educating. Ariyke kudos I learned what will last a life time.thanks

15. tunmi

October 30, 2014 at 8:36 pm

And for those wey no get nanny, how for spy on the jelosinmi teachers?

16. arya stark

October 31, 2014 at 12:16 am

Thanks for your post. I completely agree with checking on nannies and maids. My mum worked as a Police officer and one of the cases she handled had to do with the same issue you are talking about. The housegirl of the house that is meant to take care of the baby would invite her boyfriend over to the house and let the guy put his privates into the baby’s mouth.
    The baby soon got sick and the hospital couldn’t figure out what was wrong but as a mum I guess her instinct kicked in and she decided to 007 her house the next day. She pretended to be off to work only for her to come back later unexpected mid-day to find the housegirl’s boyfriend’s privates in her baby’s mouth.. True story my people as my mother handled this case.

I don’t know how it ended but I never forgot the story even though I was just a young girl when she shared it with us. I told myself I will never get a maid.

Now that I plan on working and being a mum, I agree with the CCTV investment. After watching all these viral videos of mean people beating and kicking little kids and babies, CCTV is essential to catch the culprits once before it becomes a repititive act.

17. BabyDee

October 31, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Why does she sound & gesticulate like Toke Makinwa?
    Hummmmm……………………

-BabyDee

• Nosa

November 3, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Was it Toke Makinwa that created geticulation ?????? DID SHE CREATE THE HUMAN NECK TOO.
      HISSSS Abeg free Arike…

• BabyDee

November 4, 2014 at 9:00 pm

eeyaaa sorry oh Riyike. It wasn’t meant as a diss. It was simply an observation which clearly you are admitting you see per your neck comment.

18. Tumi P

November 1, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I agree with one of the posters above, if you have to to do all that for someone who you are supposed to entrust with your most precious possession, then perhaps you shouldn’t have them in your home. Nannies are not disposable tools, and shouldn’t be treated as such. These are women who sacrifice their time (and sometimes their famalies) to help fill in the gap of the parent while they’re away. I don’t get why in most cases they’re maltreated. I thank God for my former boss. Not only are those kids still a HUGE part of my life (and yes i’m their aunty), but I’m wildy successful because their mother believed in my dreams as much as I did and aided me in achieving them.

Firing nannies rapidly and introducing your children to various people in their personal space does not produce the kind of stability they require. When I have my own child I am going to build a good relationship with my caregiver, and make my children understand that they owe this person respect and LOYALTY because she mommy’s extended hands. However, I’m just a former nanny and what do I know?

P

19. MARILYN OGBE

July 24, 2016 at 12:49 pm

You are truly a success story and i implore most employers of nannies and other household staff to sometimes look in the mirror, when you have a huge staff turnover.

These nannies want better lives , why would they leave if they have peace with an employer.

N:B Not talking about weirdos and crookish staff though, lol
    but, give a chance , you’ll definitely get the good one.