Scoop

Eniola Badmus: I Just Like a Regular Guy…But Please No Body Odour and No Mouth Odour

Eniola Badmus - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01Nollywood actress Eniola Badmus was interviewed recently by Vanguard Newspaper and the Yoruba actress known more for her role in Funke Akindele’s ‘Jenifa’ movie talks to Vanguard about her roles in movies, being plus sized, what she finds attractive in a man and much more.

Read excerpts from the interview below!

What has been your biggest challenge since you got into Nollywood? I’ve been in this industry for a long time; I don’t even look at challenges anymore. When you stay too long in a particular stuff, it doesn’t look challenging anymore because my life is all about this that I do. I’ve been doing this for over a decade so I can’t just say one thing is challenging. I try my best in all that I do

You mostly play bad girl roles in movies, why? I don’t remember the ones that I played bad girl recently, maybe before, but I know I’ve changed a lot of stuffs. I’ve been playing other roles too and the fact that I play bad girl role doesn’t mean I am bad, maybe, I’m good at it though.

You and Davido were seen together recently, what were you guys doing? Shout-out to my brother, Davido! That’s a movie shoot, that’s my movie coming out sometime next year. I shot some in Yankee and I’m shooting part of it again in Nigeria

Have you ever thought of losing weight? Why is this my being big an issue to people? Okay, everybody has to be very very slim, right? In the US they don’t discriminate like this o, it’s only in Nigeria people get worked up about being overweight. I understand it is not healthy to be overweight at all, but should it be an issue as a lifestyle?

Has your weight affected your career in any way? How now? That is what has been working for me. It is not easy to be big and famous. Instead of my weight being a drawback, it has actually been a blessing.

Are you currently in any relationship? Yes, obviously, I would have someone I’m dating; I’ll have somebody I’m planning marriage with, even if I’m not planning marriage, at least I have somebody I’m seeing.

What do you find attractive in a man? I just like a regular guy that has talent, even if he does not have talent, he has to be intelligent. A regular man, an average man; but please no body odour and no mouth odour, such are very important to me.

At your last birthday party, you were seen with bottles of alcohol… (Cuts) When you have a party, you don’t give alcohol? See, I am a kind of person that doesn’t see a thing like that as anything special. How can any normal person have a party without alcohol? I’m not an SU o, let them know. I’m a born-again Christian but I’m not an SU. When we have parties, we serve alcohol, it is normal. Party without alcohol is nothing, its zero.

Are you planning on getting married? Yes now, every girl wants to get married at some point in her life. Even if I’m getting married, nobody would know though.

Why? Because I just want to keep it like that. I am not the kind of person that wants her private life in the open. Any relationship I have, I just want to keep it off the news so it can last. If it’s in the news, they’ll frustrate the relationship and before you know it, the relationship ends, basically because the man may be scared off by the noise.

How would you describe yourself off camera? I like to chill a lot, I like to just be in my house watching TV, reading novels and watching my other jobs I’ve done that came out and try to correct my mistakes. I’m always in my friend’s house when I’m not working; I like to chill with my friends and family because that’s the only time I have with my people.

Read up her full interview with Vanguard newspaper here.

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Oge m dey

November 10, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Mschewww…abeg. no mouth or body odor? “they may be scared off by the noise” biko what noise?…in other news, there was a bombing in Potiskum and GEJ still wants us to re-elect him.

• www.lumdys.com

November 11, 2014 at 6:43 am

lol, u soo blunt. nice comment by the way

2. bruno

November 10, 2014 at 5:46 pm

“You and davido where seen together recently what where you guys doing” WHAT!!! Who is that news reporter, so unprofessional, as if she’s a prostitute or something.

This question, when are you getting maRried? is the most asked question in nigerian society today, why?

• omo baba oloko

November 10, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Bruno, I have been arguing with my brother and we actually placed a bet. I said u work at a cybercafe but he thinks u are an IT consultant

• AsHAnI

November 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm

.. he is being used to generate traffic and comments (-_-)…Immajussayin

• tell me

November 10, 2014 at 7:34 pm

haha!

• O

November 10, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Lmaoooo, don’t kill me!

• bruno

November 10, 2014 at 8:58 pm

@omo baba oloko, LOL, I’m glad u and your brother are arguing about me, I’m know everyone Is curious, every one wants to know who is bruno, whether is a boy or a girl etc. I understand. I may own a twitter account for u guys.

• kenitola

November 11, 2014 at 10:59 am

Bruno, see wetin you dey cause? lol

3. ann marie

November 10, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Im with you sister ….body odour and mouth odour are the two things dat turn me off most in a guy ….u dont hv to b drop dead gorg but I beg no bad breath

4. baboushka

November 10, 2014 at 6:15 pm

From all the interviews I have read on here it’s either Nigerian universities are churning half baked journalism graduates or the current crop of journalists need refresher courses!

• omoibo

November 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Ha! It’s a combination of both 😀 ……The flipping editors ought to be fired for allowing such to be published 😛

5. Tomilola

November 10, 2014 at 6:22 pm

1. Aunty Eniola the moment you don’t find anything challenging anymore, that’s the moment you stop living. I bet even Dangote won’t say he doesn’t find anything challenging anymore.

2. Weight is not an issue in America? Which America? The one in Yaba? Because we all hear the cases of suicide by people teased from being overweight o.

• Ephi

November 10, 2014 at 7:51 pm

“Which America? The one in Yaba?” hahaha V funny

• fyre

November 11, 2014 at 1:19 pm

“Which America? The one in Yaba?” Lol…..this right here ere killed me chei!!

6. ladymogul

November 10, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Forget the half baked journalist. This Eniola sounds so uneducated. I was cringing as i read her responses. Girlfriend you need to get someone to do your PR for you. Stay away from those interviews until you can construct a sentence that doesn’t make you sound like a dropout.

7. Ogá oh

November 10, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I’ve met this woman twice and both times she had body odour from sweat under her armpits.

8. Just me

November 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm

America in Yaba was funny.
    If your job doesn’t challenge you anymore, then you have fallen into mediocrity.
    I do agree body and mouth odor can be truly unattractive.

9. christabel

November 10, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Please you people should not kill me with laughter ooooooo,hahahhahahahaha yaba kwa. Okkkkkkk I don hear una.

10. jhennique

November 11, 2014 at 8:04 am

awon BN vultures.

11. The K

November 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Where is Iyke when you need him? 🙂

12. troublemaker

November 13, 2014 at 12:14 am

what an interview lol

13. meldibson

November 14, 2014 at 7:24 pm

“In the US they don’t discriminate like this o, it’s only in Nigeria people get worked up about being overweight. I understand it is not healthy to be overweight at all, but should it be an issue as a lifestyle?”

am sure she is not talking about the America I know where Jennifer Hudson herself very proud of being overweight has lost all the weight and now promoting her slim figure and the opportunities the changes have brought to her