Music

From Signature Styles to Failures, Victoria Kimani & Emma Nyra Talk Fashion in The Celebrity Shoot Season 7

Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015001

We gave  you the B-T-S images of the shoot and now we have the official images!

Created by designer & stylist Abbyke Domina, The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 has sexy singers Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani on the cover. For the edition, they talk on handling difficult fashion moments in the public eye, trends they’re loving, embarrassing fashion moments and more.

Check it out!

Interview With Emma Nyra

Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015004

Tell us about yourself
Hello my name is Emma Chukwugoziam Obi aka Emma Nyra. I am the second daughter of 4 children and I was born and raised in Texas. I have been recording and singing professionally since I was 16 years old. When I graduated from Texas Southern University in 2010 I began my journey into the entertainment industry. Apart from singing I am also a runway and print model and I have acted in several Nollywood USA films.

What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion to Emma Nyra is the way in which one chooses to express themselves through their clothing, accessories, etc.

How do you handle difficult moments with the public when it comes to your fashion sense?
Difficult moments in the public will always come because fashion is forever changing. I handle it by taking critiques as they come.

How would you describe your fashion sense? Do you go with trends or who Emma is?
My fashion lane is classy yet still sexy. I am a young female artiste so I do feel as though it is necessary to push the fashion boundaries and to break the rules a bit. I love to try new styles and to go to uncharted territory.

Share your most embarrassing moment
My most embarrassing fashion moment was when I was a part of a dance group in university. As I was dancing on stage my pants ripped and I had to pretend I was dancing away even though I was really just trying to hide my split I’m my pants!

Interview with Victoria Kimani

Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015002

Tell us about yourself
Sure 😉 I’m Victoria Kimani – singer and actress, chocolate city First Lady.

What does fashion mean to you?
Self expression…mood. Fashion is life.

I try to take constructive feedback into consideration …then ignore the rest.

How would you describe your fashion sense?
Edgy, fun, African- sexy, depending on how I feel. I dress casually a lot but I live the glam too.

Do you go with trends or who Victoria is?
Who Victoria is … and trends if they match how I’m feeling.

Share your most embarrassing moment
I had a pair of pants that ripped right under my butt, lol. I guess I gained a few in the right places, and my pants were not having that (Laughs).

See more photos below;

Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015006 Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015003Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015005 Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015007 Emma Nyra & Victoria Kimani for The Celebrity Shoot Season 7 - Bellanaija - January2015008

1. Temi

January 30, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Why are these two overrated wannabees constantly being showcased on bella naija?
    Who is being paid to promote these two hype queens.?
    The photoshoot, bad wigs, makeup and tacky clothing look very cheap and subpar to the othge classy shoots bella naija normally have on this site.

please show less of these two goons and focus on REAL TALENT… Popularity on INSTAGRAM DOES NOT MAKE YOU A STAR!

• olu

January 30, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Posts like this are some of the reasons why BN will continue to post such showcases….
      Ur post equals 1 interest…bloggers dont care if it is positive or negative.

2. Temi

January 30, 2015 at 1:34 pm

*other

3. Christian Sister

January 30, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Firstly, I’m sorry but I do not get the aim of ‘the celeberity shoot’ . The celebrities are most often than not styled poorly, and worst off, the interviews are as basic as it gets. Secondly, these two women are beautiful no doubt, but fashionable? Nah. You’d think this shoot would have amped up their image or sumn. Abbyke should go back to the drawing board, get a clearer vision for this, and give us something ‘more’ to look forward to, cause this clearly isn’t working.

4. Call Me Gorgeous..

January 30, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Okay…
    I have heard…:)

5. Folasade

January 30, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Victoria looks amazing! Such a beautiful girl and great style!

• tosin

January 30, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Victoria I begood, comot for the comments smh

6. dejo

January 30, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I’m sorry! But why the hate, she sure will get there,but base on your write up, I can’t name it anything but jealousy. Leave the lady alone. Women are their own enemy nothing good s good to them. Mxchew next pls!

7. Ibinabo

January 30, 2015 at 2:42 pm

BN, you owe me;

1. 2mins of my time
    2. my data.

Please, pay up ASAP!

8. oluwa

January 30, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Smh @ christian sister and temi! I reserve my comment, alli baba has said it all!

9. kik

January 30, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Im sorry, But the styling and photoshoot is TERRIBLE! Oh yawa!
    Im sure they’re lovely girls but this isnt working. Go back to the drawing board.
    Especially that photo with both of them laying down together…**cringes**…emma foot looks like it is growing out of victoria’s head!
    The headpiece on Victoria is awesome tho…

10. bruno

January 30, 2015 at 3:24 pm

emma nyra why so razz. u sha want us to know u are wearing christain louboutins.

with ur track record of wearing fake, im sure those shoes are fake.

11. CoconutPineapple

January 30, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Why do they look so dirty? Too much makeup, too much hair, too much accessories, clothing is awful!

I bet you underneath all of this, these girls are really beautiful!

12. Authentic Sunshine

January 30, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Are my eyes failing me or has this Viki gal pierced under her eye as well as her nose?
    On a different note I think it’s high time we came with one unique career name that describes one person who: acts, sings, models, and twerks. For job search and encompassing purposes. #PunIntended#.

13. lord

January 30, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Emma nyra said my fashion lane is sexy yet classy buhahahahaha your delusional girl

14. Tosin

January 30, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Works for me. Makes me see Emma Nyra in a new light, and I already adore Queen Victoria.

15. Laffaz

February 1, 2015 at 9:14 am

Na waoo! Pls. More pics of those African fabrics.