Relationships

Sharing is Their Marriage Formula – Tricia Eseigbe-Kerry & husband Kingsley Have a Joint Account & All Social Media/Phone Passwords

Tricia Esiegbe Wedding Bella Naija0005Would you give your spouse ALL the passwords for your phones and social media accounts? And have a joint account as well?

Openness seems to be the winning formula for Nollywood’s Tricia Eseigbe-Kerry and her husband, Kingsley.

How time flies! BN featured the couple’s star-studded wedding six years ago! Click here for the post.

In a recent interview with Punch, they talk about their shared love for God and more.

What would you like to change about each other?

Kingsley: Nothing. We are good the way we are and doing great. We are getting better by the day. Like they say, when it’s not broken, do not try and fix things.

Tricia: I wanted my marriage to be built around our religious beliefs and that is what we have done. Also, there is nothing to change when you marry a man you have a lot in common with. We are fine the way we are and I thank God for that; we can only get better by His grace.

Do you have access to each other’s phones and social media accounts?

Kingsley: Yes, we do. We do not hide anything from each other. We are very transparent with our phones and details of our social media accounts.

Tricia: He has all the passwords and so do I. At any time, we can access these accounts and know what is trending in our lives. It is encouraging to do that because it helps to build trust.

Do you operate a joint bank account?

Kingsley: Yes, we have a joint account.

How have you managed to stay happy and together as a couple despite the high failure rate of celebrity marriages?

Kingsley: I don’t believe marriages fail because of status or profession, it is always about the individuals; their feelings at the time, Are they happy or not? Do they want to address and fix their concerns or challenges? If yes, they will try and make it work.

The secret to our happiness is simply God and we invested more time in understanding of His word because it is a manual on its own. If you fear, respect and honour God’s words and commandments, you can only get it right in a relationship.

Read the full interview on Punch!

1. susuti

March 15, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Luv is sweet

2. cindy

March 15, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Noted

3. Anonymous

March 15, 2015 at 5:25 pm

In the ideal world,yes,the above works. In the real world? That’s another days discuss. Many more years of togetherness,oneness,openness and loads of access.

• ThatsAll

March 16, 2015 at 2:09 am

Like serously BN, is this a headline? Why won’t any man and woman share everything? Doesn’t the bible say the two shall become one flesh, be naked, and unashamed? That simply means being to be open and not hide anything from each other/one another. This is the true essence of marriage. Thanks for this amazing couple for showing the world what true marriage looks like!

4. Esther

March 15, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Kudos to them. Different things work for different marriages especially e personalities. Trust to me comes from the heart and you as a person. I’m not hiding anything from my husband but he doesnt have my facebook and my personal account password. Its more of my own independence in marriage than trust. We have joint account but i have my own separate account and he doesnt have password to it. However, sometimes I give him or he ask for my password to check smth on facebook. And few times i gave him my card to help me send money to my mother. No big deal. Its just not a mandatory thing for us to have each other password. I trust my husband and judge him by his character, words and most importantly his action. We are very open to each other, we talk about everything. I just dont see the need to be looking through his phone, email, facebook etc vice versa And i always believe if he chooses to cheat, or do whatever is a refection of his character. And me checking or monitoring wont stop anything. We’ve been married for 8 and a half years, and its worked s far.

• hummmm

March 16, 2015 at 4:01 am

Same here, totally agree with you

• Ada

March 16, 2015 at 7:28 am

I agree !!! Same here, and we have been married 5!

5. Kenny Jossy

March 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Them no dey tell person way def, say market don close. I hope e work for you sha good luck.

6. Kenny Jossy

March 15, 2015 at 8:43 pm

***I mean deaf and not def. correction my previous post.

7. Yvonne

March 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm

No big deal nah!
    My husband has the password to my Facebook and email account I also have his.
    We don’t have a joint account reasons best known to us but we have the password to our individual accounts.
    Trust is all that matters!

8. vivien

March 15, 2015 at 9:41 pm

I luv these marriage.its what I call God.s ordained

9. Marlvina

March 15, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Beautiful! The fear of the Lord is the key foundation to every long-lasting relationship. Without God in it, you are like sugar dissolved in akamu!..Vanished! Swallowed up!

10. Gorgeous

March 15, 2015 at 10:34 pm

This does not stop any cheating from happening. Some men have office phones. Some who seem devoted have another family somewhere. People can be despicable so just focus on you and God and hope for the best. If you like chain yasef to him everyday, it does not stop a determined paient

11. Oluwaseun