Features

BN Prose: Narrow Escape by Ugochi Ukah

Remember that movie ‘Narrow escape’ starring Pete Edochie, Saint Obi, Francis Duru (I hope I’m not mixing up the names)? That movie was on point; I think I even knew the soundtracks. Anyway, this story has nothing to do with the movie. Rather, this story is about the time.

I met Mike in Nigeria, just before I left for my Master’s program in the US. He was my aunt’s family friend and we had both stayed with her when we came to apply for our US visas, as he was also travelling to study. I went to Texas for a course in Business administration while he was in New York studying I.T. We kept in touch thereafter over the phone or Skype. I knew he was attracted to me but the feeling was not mutual so I always made our ‘friendship’ criteria clear to him.

We promised to visit each other in the US but things (especially finances) kept getting in the way. Fortunately, he got a good job immediately after graduation while I was preparing to return to Nigeria. Therefore, we decided to make our trip happen just before I left the country. He was kind enough to pay for my flight ticket since he was now the richer of the two of us. I was indeed grateful but I once again reminded him that I was not interested in anything more than friendship before he bought my ticket but Mike assured me that he was in the same emotional place as he was currently in some form of relationship. I was relieved and we made arrangements – I would come over for two nights, I would sleep in his bedroom and he would sleep in his housemate’s room because he had travelled for a short period of time, and we were both safe as no attraction or benefits were involved!

So I set off to New York one early morning; the flight was about six hours and Mike came to meet me at the airport. We were excited to see each other after such a long time and we hugged. He did not drive and so we used the Subway to get to his place. While we were on the train, he began “Oh I forgot to mention, my housemate just got back unexpectedly so our sleeping arrangement won’t work.” I was taken aback; I suggested sleeping on the couch but he refused, his reason being that his landlord had warned against it and would fine him $3000 if there were any damages to any household furniture.

“So where will I sleep?” I asked.
“In my bedroom, on my bed” he said
“And where will you sleep?”
“In my bedroom, on the same bed. It’s big enough.” he replied casually.

I was beginning to get worried and I guess he noticed so he reassured me that nothing physical would happen between us. I would call the police if he touched me, I said, smiling although I meant every word. From that moment, I began to make safety plans in my mind and I knew that I had to be smart in order to avoid any unwanted advances.
We went to his place to drop my bag and headed out immediately for sight-seeing. Ordinarily, I would have loved to rest for a bit but I did not want to create any idle moment between us for the devil to jump in. The day was bright with good weather; we went window-shopping, visited Museums and walked around the central park before going for dinner at a nice restaurant and then, we went back home. The moment we got in, I began to yawn and express my fatigue from the trip and even though he wanted us to stay up to chat, I hurriedly went to bed. He came in later, lay down and began tossing and turning on the bed. I heard him call my name but I did not respond. After a while, he got up and started pacing around the room; I opened my eyes slightly to look but lay steady. He seemed uneasy and he walked in and out of his room a couple of times before I finally fell asleep. I had survived one night!

The next day, we had breakfast and lunch at home and I used the morning and early afternoon to catch up with him since his housemate was around. We set out again for the rest of the city tour, this time exploring places like 5th Avenue, top of the rock building etc. I realised that he was trying to hold my hands most of the time during our transit but I always found a reason to withdraw them. Once, he even tried to tickle me but I shook him off and told him that I was not tickly. There were a few times I caught him staring at me and I was quick to distract him. I tried to make conversations about his new girl with the hope that the topic would serve as a reminder of his main interest and anytime he paid me a compliment, I would change the conversation back to her. Tonight was my last night with him and I thought he might want to try something stupid that night. So when we got home after dinner, I did not immediately resign to bed. I sat in the living room, pretending to watch a TV show and after it ended, I began a phone conversation with a friend. Mike persisted that I came into the room but I made sure to delay the phone call until I thought that he had slept, and then I lay on the couch.

He woke me about an hour later, reminding of the landlord’s deal and so I was compelled to go into the bedroom. That was when the drama started. He said he wanted to cuddle; I told him I hated cuddling. He wanted to keep his feet warm with mine; I refused and offered him my socks instead. He would roll over to my side and I had to roll to the bed edge to avoid him, after which I would sit up and beg him to roll back. We did this a couple of times and the third time, I rolled until I fell off the bed. Of course, I did that on purpose and despite his numerous pleas, I refused to get back on the bed until he promised to sleep elsewhere. That was how I survived the second night.

The next day, we headed to the airport for my return flight and Mike was grumpy. He barely spoke to me but I kept a smile on my face. After I checked in for my boarding pass, he began his speech:
“You’re a very wicked girl! You came here to tempt me if not why did you hug me at the airport? Yes, I know we agreed that I would not touch you and I tried hard to control myself but you know you are very attractive – look at how smooth your skin is, how thick your hair is, how pink your lips are. I was not even planning to kiss you, all I wanted was just a brush against them. I couldn’t even sleep the first night…” He went on and on, leaving me speechless. When he finished, I simply said my thanks and goodbye, this time without a hug. I could not feel guilty as I had been completely honest with him. I was only relieved that I had survived the trip and as the plane took off, I remembered what he had said – a brush against the lips; he must have read too many romantic novels, I thought to myself. I chuckled and shook my head before pulling out my copy of ‘Sense and Sensibility’ by Jane Austen from my bag to further entertain myself.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Fernandes Borges Michel

Ugochi V Ukah is a student and loves writing in her spare time; using sarcasm, humour and wit to relay her thoughts. Visit her blog for more stories at: www.ugochivukah.blogspot.com and follow her on twitter @vivio_gogo and IG: @ugochiukah

1. Van Gogh

April 14, 2015 at 2:32 pm

ROTFL!!!! Typical.

2. Calabar Gal

April 14, 2015 at 2:37 pm

That was a close shave…… Not all men are honourable when they say ‘I’ll let you be’ or ‘You’ll sleep in a friend’s room’. Ladies out there – Ugochi has escaped the ordeal, which could have turned out worse. Please dont believe any man when he makes promises of any sort about sleeping arrangements. If you cant afford a hotel room, then dont go visiting……..

• chichi

April 14, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I agree…like duh..what do u expect when u sleep on the same bed

3. chy

April 14, 2015 at 2:40 pm

i love this. artfully written. why do men expect something from nothing. if she had given in, he would tag her a fool and a wh””” but now she didn’t he still has a tag for her, “wicked”. d fool needed a dirty slap.

• Donald

April 14, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Is he a fool bcos he was generous enough to pay for her flight fare? or does he deserve a slap bcos he respected her wish for the nights? It’s appalling why some girls term nice guys as ‘fools’ that deserve to be slapped at will!!!

• cindy

April 15, 2015 at 2:38 am

how is he a nice dude? guys are so delusional it’s funny. if you think every girl will tag that as being nice then you are on a long thing. as for me, he’s a manipulative idiot and I’m happy she didn’t fall for his shit.

• emeraldish

April 15, 2015 at 1:56 pm

what is nice about this guy now???… mschewwww

4. chichi

April 14, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Ok u didn’t sleep with him!!!!!!and ur point is??????????

5. shade

April 14, 2015 at 3:01 pm

You are very stupid. Why agree to visit a man you KNOW is attracted to you? He could have raped you and by the time you got to call the police, the deed would have been done.

Unless you’re also horny and looking for a one night stand please stay away. Tell him to send you the ticket money and go shopping.

On the other hand, he might have genuinely wanted to start a serious relationship with you. You’re both done with school, he probably doesn’t want an “akata” girl and thought you would make a perfect future wife.

Looks like you just blew off a potential husband. Tomorrow you’ll come here saying you can’t find a husband, when you had one in your bed…or his bed.

You spend the day on “romantic” sight seeing tours and you can’t even hold his hand. You are very wicked indeed.

Free trip to New York babe…

Goan sit down jare!

• Nneka

April 14, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Young woman (I’m assuming you’re very very young), it’s people like you I feel sorry for. Did you or did you not see the part about her not being attracted to him? You probably feel that’s irrelevant in the ultimate search for a wedding band.

• shade

April 15, 2015 at 2:08 am

I am in my mid-thirties, young but not very young. I have been married for 10 years to a man who is more attracted to me than I am to him.

Haven’t you heard the saying, “marry a man who loves you MORE”? Surely your mother would have told you that by now. It is a formula that works.

Goan find the one you are attracted to and spread your legs for nothing. Grow up. This is the real world. And it’s a man’s world.

• cindy

April 15, 2015 at 2:40 am

potential husband that can’t behave himself with his guest? sometimes less is more.

6. Dr. N

April 14, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Fiction right? Phewww!

7. Tkum

April 14, 2015 at 3:06 pm

lmaoooooooooo @wicked girl

8. bbbsmiles.blogspot.com

April 14, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Hmmn, Nice read. Thank God he didn’t rape her.

Pls visit bbbsmiles.blogspot.com

9. @edDREAMZ

April 14, 2015 at 3:13 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I swear yu wicked die….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

10. Jules

April 14, 2015 at 3:22 pm

What the point in your story, Sista?

11. dj

April 14, 2015 at 3:23 pm

this guy is a loaf of bread!

12. Larry

April 14, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Sleeping on the same bed with a man that has feeling for you, Odikwa risky.

13. Uzoamaka

April 14, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Chichi- please is it ok if I ask you to back off? Thank you.
    Ugochi- that is a beautiful piece, you had me at “‘Sense and Sensibility’ by Jane Austen”!
    Cheers to all the ladies who say “no” and mean “it” . .

14. iyke

April 14, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Respect to you Ugochi! What you allow is what will continue.
    For feck sake, life would be much easier if we just said what we fecking feel from the onset!
    Dude created his own heart break through expectations. He is an inconsistent dude who unfortunately put himself in a situation where he wasn’t sure of where he stood in your life. Or perhaps he knew and chose to be an idiot.

15. Hey!

April 14, 2015 at 3:39 pm

I have been in those shoes before as the dude. That was me right there!!!

Some guys have nasty thoughts..

Fantastic thing the girl did.

16. Donald

April 14, 2015 at 3:43 pm

That wasn’t fair at all. That u didn’t give in doesn’t make u a heroine. Afterall, all he wanted was just a kiss or cuddle, which doesn’t take anything away from u. U’d be appalled that this same you that resisted that young man that so much cared for you , wud DONATE urself on a platter of gold, as though u belong to blood group O to another dude who doesn’t love u one bit. And he’ll be using u for his sexcapade. That’s the misgivings I have with such girls the writer highlighted.

• me

April 14, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Donald you need to really grow up and use your faculties. A woman will donate herself to whomever she CHOOSES,!!The operative word here is choose! if she chooses a conductor fine, if she chooses a mad man great! anyone so far it is her CHOICE! The guy in question was fraudulent, he wanted to trick her into sleeping with him, they had sorted accommodation issues, just for him to change it at the last minute, he has a flat mate, how come he didn’t ask to sleep with him instead? or better still since that could be inconveniencing use his blanket and towels to prepare a temporary bed/mattress. He wanted them to share bed, stories that touch now the babe has become a wicked girl, cos she escaped his madness.That type of boy will rape a girl, he just controlled himself cos he stays in Yankee, and he knows his life can end if he tries it, if na naija this story would ve been different.

• Donald

April 14, 2015 at 6:32 pm

I’m not surprised that I’m being told to grow up and use my faculties for dare speaking my mind…that itself is one of the misgivings I have with girls. Another is the fact that girls tend to believe that life and relationship is a fairytale as portrayed in novels and reality Tv shows. And when their fairytale expectation doesn’t turnout that way, they see it to be inappropriate and absurd. My point is this; that guy might have wanted a serious relationship with u (perhaps one that wud lead to d altar), but because he didn’t drive home his point YOUR WAY. U hastily dismissed him. Most times in life, the best things come in crooked ways…and not the way we preconceived them to be.

• emeraldish

April 15, 2015 at 2:01 pm

a kiss and cuddle to one you are not attracted to is not much to ask for?
      indeed u men are completely clueless about what they want , selfish and greedy. get a life

• Oddie

May 7, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Donald, did you read the article? Did you read where she said she was not attracted to him and was not interested in a romantic relationship with him? Even if down the line a romantic relationship was to develop, why must they start off with being physical? Why should she kiss and cuddle with him? Does she owe him her lips or her body? Grow up. This idea that women must engage physically with men is disturbing and perverted. Seriously.

17. skelly

April 14, 2015 at 3:44 pm

and my question , did you really enjoy the trip?
    be honest ! because to me , its a total waste of 2 days.

18. Ugochi shut up there

April 14, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Shut up there, i say shut up.

Are you a virgin? If not, all those guys who have slept with you or you slept with them (or you slept with each other) how many of them can you write up here?

Silly girl like you, later you say men do kiss and tell, what is this one?

He told you he had a girlfriend and you still went ahead to visit him? runs girl oshi. If you were so saint like you trying to portray, why would you go visit sum1 else’s bf and stay for days?

If a babe dey go visit your boyfy like that, you go like am?

I know your article is a follow up to men expecting something on a first date…

Listen to me, girls like sex as much as men do. Because you people dont say it out doesnt mean you are more holy? You think about it and finger yourself in the room.

Ladies stop feeling like men depend on them for sex or doing men a favour for s;eeping with them. If i hear say a babe say a man slept with me, naaaa you both slept with yourselves.

Na your type d hubby go dey go edge one babe for town and u go con here dey para. Na your type one guy go dey chop and later coming to talk about others

Hiss
    i know your type.

• nwanyi na aga aga

April 14, 2015 at 4:57 pm

You can cry all you want, they were friends, there is nothing wrong with a friend visiting a friend, besides she was open and honest to the guy about her not wanting a romantic relationship but the guy persisted, in his mind, he felt like terminator.. eradicating the initial gra gra, he paid for flight ticket, lied to her about accommodation and proceeded to carry out his plans, unfortunately babes no fall.. then she became wicked. You need reorientation so that when you see a babe you think of how to get to mars or how to invent everlasting ATM instead of thinking about sex, sex is not food!
      You talk about guys depending on girls for sex, the one in the story did he not act like it?, why spend your hard earned cash just for sex? Why was it not possible for him to enjoy the trip without the toppings of sex?
      Secondly it does not matter how many guys she sleeps with, the most important thing is that she voluntarily decided to sleep with those guys. If a girl says No leave it at No, don’t be forming badass undercover.!

• ugochi shut up there

April 14, 2015 at 5:08 pm

You came to like your article, clap for yourself.

If the guy had wanted sex, he could have paid someone near by without having to pay for ticket and the outing. This is to tell you it was attraction and interest.

No be your fault sef its d fault of d mumu guy.. A guy still doing mr Nice in this age?

• Ms Sane.

April 14, 2015 at 5:34 pm

@ UgochiShutUpThere, God bless you! The stupidity of this writer is beyond me. Someone claims he has a girlfriend, yet you accept his offer to buy you plane ticket to visit NY on multiple occasions.

Dear writer: I hope this rubbish is truly truly fiction, because it is incredibly nauseating. NO YOU ARE NOT A HERO FOR REFUSING TO SLEEP WITH HIM. YOU ARE AN IDIOT, A USER, AND ARE VERY MANIPULATIVE. YOU CLEARLY LACK THE DECENCY AND DECORUM TO UNDERSTAND THE LIMITS TO YOUR FRIENDSHIP ONCE THIS GUY SAID HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND, YOU SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY DRAWN A LINE IN YOUR MIND, IF NOT OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOURSELF (CUZ CLEARLY, YOU LACK IT), BUT OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE BOY’S GIRLFRIEND.

YEAH, YOU DIDN’T CALL TO BORROW MONEY FROM YOUR FRIENDS IN TEXAS TO LODGE IN A HOTEL BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO STUPID TO THINK ON YOUR FEET AND GET YOURSELF PROMPTLY OUT OF A SITUATION THAT COULD LEAD TO RAPE. INSTEAD, IDIOT YOU DECIDED TO GIVE THE POOR GUY MAJOR BLUE BALLS AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT, PORTRAY HIM AS THE BAD PERSON IN THIS PIECE. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOOLING??????????????? EHN?????????

I am rolling my eyes at this nicely written piece that excellently describes the choices of a complete moron or a runs girl.

Beht wait, before I burst an artery on top this matter, I go just assume say na fiction, and that this nonsense never happened. And if true true na fiction, mehn, this writer is good.

• cindy

April 15, 2015 at 3:17 am

is this why you gave yourself 400 upvotes? I see why you are angry, you tried it on someone but it did not work abi? pele dear

• nwanyi na aga aga

April 15, 2015 at 11:07 am

@ugochishutup No I am not Ugochi and from the time frame of my second response you will notice that I am quite busy and unlike you do not have time to be liking my comment. My moniker is one I ve used often on this site, so save your likes for your comments @Ms Sane Comments like yours leave me with goose bumps, so because a man gave you money you owe him repayment by sleeping with him? No wonder runs chicks is a thriving business. I marvel at the things i hear from our generation. See them blaming the girl for nothing. The boy had a choice to ignore her, calling her manipulative does not even make sense.. The guy invited the chick, agreed to pay transport even when the girl insisted she wanted nothing romantic, he even stated he had lost interest, he even claimed he sorted accommodation issues and people are asking the girl what she went there to do? its surprising that all our generation thinks of these days is sex! sex! If it were a lady that paid for a guys transport et al will the guy be termed wicked if he decides not to date her or marry her? You all need to reorient yourselves, that someone gave you money/spent money on you does not mean you have to pay back with sex unless you re prostituting, if someone requests for your presence and is ready to make it possible please you don’t owe the person anything, same applies if you re the one requesting for another person’s time and presence..The comments on this prose is really frightening!The future of this country is really in shambles!!

• NG

April 18, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Na wa ooo! Guy u dey vex? Lmao!

19. ednutey

April 14, 2015 at 3:53 pm

For those looking for a point(s),you can all like to see the ‘jamb question’ in the write-up and make points,but be sure to submit them to the writer so she can grade them!!!!Cant u just read a story and move on????

20. Minister Ade

April 14, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Nice.

21. jefka

April 14, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Ladies pls let us not deny the fact that so many of us have experienced this……
    in some cases we were the ones turning and tossing.
    anyways, my cousin tried this and ended up trekking from ajah roundabout till she got to chevron and one kind man gave her transport fare.
    nice write up by the way, compensation for not having our Tuesdays Isio knows better.

• Kimmy

April 14, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Why she no carry vex money?

• Mayakovsky

April 14, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Your cousin? You and your cousin?!

22. Uzoamaka

April 14, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Please is it ok if we ask mean spirited people to back off? Thank you.

23. Adetola Lade

April 14, 2015 at 5:05 pm

In other news, where is Isio?

24. Unlooking reader

April 14, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Geez, Nigerians so quick to judge. Did she sleep with him? No. Anything wrong in visiting your guy friend who has a babe? No. Some of you would be crying up and down because your guy has female friends. CHILL. Abeg, Ugochi keep doing you girl

• Manny

April 28, 2015 at 8:55 am

In an ideal world, there’d be nothing wrong with a girl visiting her guy-friend. Unfortunately, we don’t live in an ideal world. Though it may not be wrong per se, it is unsafe and illogical. As a guy, I’d advise girls not to do so- especially when unaccompanied. Issues like rape and sexual harassment could emanate which should be avoided.

25. wagamama

April 14, 2015 at 6:34 pm

well then……….

Wagamama fell for this!

#Triple.Shots!
    #Man.dem.too.hawt!Too.Tall!
    #Dirty.dancing!
    #Blame.it.on.tequila!

O! wait!

Does “just the tip” count? LMAO!

26. Funmilola

April 14, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Seriously I’m pissed……for crying out loud it is fiction.you don’t have to start calling Ugochi names. So it is wrong to visit a friend who I know was attracted to me and we’ve already settled to be on the friendship zone and who I know already has a girlfriend abi,or does visiting him gives him a right to want to sleep with me?

27. blow

April 14, 2015 at 8:07 pm

U were lucky cos the guy is a gentleman.
    Some guys would have raped you and gone scot free, here in Nigeria.
    people would just have asked why you flew 6 hrs to visit someone else’s boyfriend.
    Worse still, he may touch you n all your resistance comes crumbling down.
    Pls ladies, don’t do it, it usually ends with bitter stories.
    sad truth is that, there are many rapists out there, and being raped is one of the worst things that could happen to a woman.

28. Pikin

April 14, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Lol.

29. Ehi

April 14, 2015 at 8:20 pm

U know its fiction right? Why so pained?

30. annie

April 14, 2015 at 9:29 pm

i believe this is fiction and even if it did happen how dare you say its her fault? how is it her fault that a guy she told repeatedly that she wants nothing more than friendship decides to to harbor feelings for her. or that even though he claimed to have a gf he volunteered to pay for a ticket for her to come visit him. So friends cant pay for a friends tickets?one dumb person even went ahead to call her a ‘runs girl’ LMAO! Foolishness! why do we give excuses for men acting like dogs on heat without thinking faculties? apparently his words mean nothing cos he lied to her about everything. he definitely also lied about having a gf to make her feel more comfortable if not she probably wouldn’t have felt comfortable going. Then he tried to prove she was into him cos she hugged him. lol….. he for go try this one with them white girls if he wont be in prison by now. Rubbish!
    Some even tried to justify rape. Nigerian men just need to act better. Even if she said yes but later said No you are not entitled to her vagina. If you are sensible you would even stay away from such a person.

Dear writer dont pay attention to the those with stupid comments. it was a good piece and i enjoyed it; fiction or not

31. tunmi

April 14, 2015 at 9:33 pm

There is so much truth to this fiction. You think one way and the other person thinks another way despite his reassurance to the contrary. I would have slept on that couch, and paid for any damages for the couch if incurred. We are NOT sharing a bed, especially when I know you used to like me and the way your actions are betraying your words.

32. Ona

April 14, 2015 at 9:41 pm

What is the point of this story biko?

33. Blessmyheart

April 14, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Oh my! I can hardly believe what I’m reading in the comments section. These people don’t even sound like the usual BN readers, I’m sorry to say.
    First of all, BN Prose means it’s FICTION!.
    Secondly, I don’t understand why many people here are blaming the lady. She clearly told the guy she wasn’t romantically interested in him, he said he’s over her and has a girlfriend, the arrangements the guy claimed to have made indicated no possibilities for romantic involvement, please what are we talking about here? Because he paid for her flight she has to compensate him with sex? A lady and a guy cannot be friends without any strings attached? Someone even commented that she’s lost a potential husband. Who would want to marry a man who tries to sleep with you under false pretences? I can’t even wrap my head around this line of thinking. What is wrong with people these days?

34. Tygorf

April 15, 2015 at 8:40 am

Seriously, are these the same bella naija readers whose comments I have come to enjoy? For the love of God, this is just a story and yeah, it happens. The girl is the Victim please and the guy is just a dude with no honor. Okay, what if he loves her? So he had to have sex with her to prove his love to her, habaa… Come at me all you want but please, be open-minded.

35. emeraldish

April 15, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Nigerian men for you always feeling sharp!. someone made it clear from the state the type of relationship she wants yet u are trying to make your way to her pant. someone even said he is a potential husband, how?! someone that can only think about lips and skin , it is clear lust and this guy is just a loser. for those sayin kiss and cuddle is ordinary and will cost you nothing , there are many girls you can pay to get that since it is nothing. you guys should try and have a little bit of respect for women!

36. Techiekoko

April 15, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Lmao…I laff in Spanish. it might be fiction bt I bet u it happens. You kno he is attracted to u and it’s nt mutual so y go visit him? Do they keep yam n goat dsame place? Even if the goat is sick…the guy ws being nice, cos if it wer some oda kinda guy, he would hv raped u in all n u will do him nofin. A lady and a guy can be frnds bt wen u notice thr is a feeling somewer, thr shld be a limit to ur actions to avoid #StoriesThatTouch. Bt again apart frm the couch, y didn’t she choose to sleep on the floor? The girl had plans and it worked for her.

Ugochi! Ugochi!! Ugochi!!! Y do I hv dis feeling d wicked girl is you? anyways…#LessonLearnt I guess.

37. UzeeFlyness

April 16, 2015 at 6:30 am

Lmao!!! Some girls have no chill at all…she for just close eye give the guy one round naw….Ugochi this is ur handwork am very sure

38. Unknown

April 16, 2015 at 6:43 am

Nawa o the people here are angry…….. So a girl can’t visit a male friend without having sex????? I don’t understand people of this generation. A girl gets raped in Nigeria and everyone blames her cos she went to visit him, is that not stupidity?? Can’t someone have a casual friend again?? Guys of these days always feel like badasses, like they can always get what they want….. The young lady said I don’t want, YES, most girls say I don’t want but are just forming but some genuinely mean NO when they say it. If u try and u notice she doesn’t want why bother urself? If you knew the flight ticket was too big of a deal why do it?? She didn’t beg you, did she? You lie in other to sleep with her and you say he might have liked her and taken her to the altar **** straight face*** that’s arrant nonsense!!!!! If you like me try to make me like you and not force me to sleep with you. The guy shouldn’t be mad at himself because this is a common thing that happens very well so he should have known it’s a 50:50 possibility. I don’t blame him cos guys generally loose their senses when they are horny ( doubt If most of them have brain to start with) so I don’t think he’s a fool cos if I start calling him a fool then about 98% of guys are fools. In my own opinion the girl isn’t wicked and the boy isnt a fool, THIS IS LIFE!!!!! Get used to it! ……. Dear commenters I don’t have time to reply to ur comments, so feel free to waste ur time debating on my comment.

Signed
    Ugochi’s No 1 fan!!!!

39. Chisky

April 16, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Really torn on which I find more interesting, the article or the comments?

How the guys is nice I cant seem to understand for those saying so. He tried to blind side her by lying about his roommate not being around and since when did a hug become an invitation for sex?
    The morale of the story: If someone is kind enough to tell you what the boundary is, accept it and dont let your imagination deceive you..shikena!!!

40. NChude

April 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Nice prose. A reality for a lot of people. Interesting too are the comments. Some illogical and unintelligent, some vindictive, some complimenting, some plain stupid and morose. I must say, Harry P, your skill is commendable to inspire such varying emotions, criticisms, and applause. Kudos!!!!

41. Cheenaylow

April 16, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Lovely piece u’ve got… With such intrigue, makes me want to read more of ur work. Thanks for this!

42. Cheenaylow

April 16, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Inspiring too.

43. Cheenaylow

April 16, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Some ppl sha can worry o… Going 2tru sum ppl’s comments is jst making laf cos dey can’t jst enjoy a piece of fiction out of dis lovely prose… With all dis comments entails d writer must b real gd 4 all dis criticisms. I jst luv #literature, dnt u? Hahahaha….Thumbs up ugo! All of u can keep mkin up ur own stories wia it pains d most bt d writer has jst delivered. Kapish!

44. H

April 16, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Omg! Some peopLe are so angry and spit bile outa their mouths!! Read a story and enjoy it, if it resonates with you, say something meaningful. Insulting the writer/character wont change the experience thats making you feel so bitter..take a chill pill!!

45. Pat