News

BellaNaija.com

Tuareg Tribe BellaNaija

The Tuareg people are very fascinating. They are a nomadic Islamic tribe with some pretty unconventional customs, including the veiling of men’s faces instead of women, and married women’s liberty to have as many lovers as they want.

Photographer Henrietta Butler, once followed the tribe as they traveled through the desert, photographing them and studying their traditions, Daily Mail reports.

Butler gave an account of her discoveries. Here are excerpts:

Before a woman marries, she is free to take as many lovers as she wants. ‘They turn a blind eye,’ explained Butler. ‘The young girls have the same great freedoms as the boys.’

For years, the men of the Tuareg have been able to ride to a young woman’s tent, and sneak into the side entrance – while his well-trained camel stands quietly and waits.

There, they will spend the night together – while the family, who all live in the tent, politely pretend not to notice.

Should the woman choose to welcome a different man into her tent the next day, so be it.

Tuareg2

However, there is also a code of practice which none would dare break. Privacy is all important for this centuries old tribe of nomads, who once crossed the desert bringing dates, salt and saffron south, and slaves and gold north.

The idea of breaking the rules of courtship would be mortifying; as a result, the man is always gone before sunrise.

‘The Tuareg are utterly discreet. Everything is done with utmost discretion and respect,’ said Butler.

The relaxed customs around sexual partners has resulted in the girls getting married later than they may otherwise do, with the age of 20 not being uncommon.

Unlike in so many other cultures, women lose none of their power once they marry either.

Tuareg3

Any visitor who goes to a camp would be vastly underestimating the power of the women in the tent if they believe their sole duty is to make the food and look after children.

In fact, she owns the home and the animals. And the animals are an invaluable resource to the Tuareg in the middle of the Sahara.

Journalist Peter Gwin recalled an elderly nomad once telling him: ‘Animals are everything to a Tuareg. We drink their milk, we eat their meat, we use their skin, we trade them. When the animals die, the Tuareg dies.’

Many marriages end in divorce among the Tuareg. And when it happens, it is the wife who keeps both the animals and the tent. And it is she who normally decides that she’s had enough.

Tuareg4

But this is not a matriarchal society, where the women are in charge.

Butler explains it is still the men ‘who sit and talk politics’. But even here, the women can be deferred to. They are often consulted for their views by their sons or husbands, and are quietly pulling the strings behind the scenes.

It is the men who cover up their faces, while the women are happy to show off their faces – although they often cover their hair.
Photo Credit: Daily Mail/Henrietta Butler/Sebastien Cailleux/Alamy

1. Bobo

June 24, 2015 at 5:06 pm

oh word?!!!!

• goodiebagman

June 24, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Maybe this would have been believable if we were hearing about them and their stories from their indigenes not some cynical researcher. Oyinbo don reach there, come dey see wetin im wan see. Bollocks!! Anyway a liitle tale to make bellanaija spinsters sleep better tonight lol

• deb

June 25, 2015 at 2:50 pm

au contraire, monsieur! i recall documentaries/movies have been done on the tuareg before. feel free to let google be your friend.

2. Fabulous B

June 24, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Interesting facts. Fascinating. Strange. Lol

3. Person pikin

June 24, 2015 at 5:18 pm

“And there is no shame in divorce. Families will often throw their daughters a divorce party, to let other men know they are available once more.”
    Wish some Nigerian cultures can copy that. Other than the shame and blame attitude many of our families have towards their divorced daughters.

• In pre-colonial Nigeria, a lot of women used to leave their husbands. Most women had 2 to 3 husbands and had kids for said husbands. I believe the naming and shaming came with the advent of christianity and Islam.

We all just need to know more about our history.

• Shannie

June 25, 2015 at 5:25 am

No offense to Christianity, but a lot of bad things came with it. Certainly judgment, shame, and and wrapping people up in morality with barely enough flexibility to function without guilt.

• dede

June 25, 2015 at 7:24 am

it’s funny how ignorant people keep saying “we nigerians/africans have a culture and shouldn’t follow the western culture” without realising that what we claim to be ‘our culture’ ie; sex before marriage, anti divorce etc was introduced by the West as Christianity. smh

• adelegirl

June 25, 2015 at 8:55 am

Very true, One of the reasons why the (women) of the south-west tribe earned the unfair reputation of being promiscuous and having children by different fathers. They were independent women in their own right and once they were fed up with a man, they left him and married someone else.

• Feminism?

June 25, 2015 at 8:36 am

The quest for sexual freedom and the chauvinistic society we live in makes women say unreasonable and detrimental things without being logical. A Tuareg woman is not as excited as all these commenters are. Everything comes with it’s good and not so good, in this case the bad outweighs the good. This also applies if it was men in the situation as well. I did an intensive study in my Anthropology class, and during my graduate studies, I traveled to Niger, Mali, Burundi to get a better understanding, close experience of these cultures with focus on women and sexuality. It was an interesting experience. I don’t want to go into too much details but women do your research first and don’t be carried away by just the sound of freedom.

The reality is, human beings are capable of doing anything whatsoever. Pre colonial Africans lived their lives freely which is one of the reasons the west went as far as to disrespect us by calling us barbaric. We had our cultures, lifestyle and couldn’t give a da*m what others thought. However, a society without law, morals, standards is dead. Whether it was written by some egoistic European or sexist or racist, there needs to be some time of standard, morals to put human beings in check. And it whoever is in power dictates what others should follow. Whether you agree with it or not is another story.

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Actually no as a tuareg woman I would prefer to live in my own society compare to others not excited not to brag just more content and it is not illogical for me to wish a freedom for myself in terms of choosing to make sex or emotional connections with whoever I pleased.And no the europeans did not look down on the africans because you live freely,they look down on every non white cultures like the chinese and japs because they believed eastern cultured to be less developed than them even the chinese tend to be more disciplined than them.Superiority complex as you might callled them

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:58 pm

So you need a sexist and racist european to keep you in check no wonder the europeans llook down on you…

• ACE

June 25, 2015 at 8:40 am

Hahahahaha… No we won’t accept that

4. cindy

June 24, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Lol…..see gbege!? whatever makes you sleep at night.

5. natu

June 24, 2015 at 5:23 pm

I love the tuareg and wadabbi tribe.

6. natu

June 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm

I have always been interested in learning more about African sexuality before colonialism and slavery. This was quite insightful.

7. Abena

June 24, 2015 at 5:30 pm

I love these people!What an interesting culture they have…White people can be soo dedicated to their project!The researcher really did his work..Kudos

8. Taiwo

June 24, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Sign me up!! How do I get a visa to this country?????

9. Amh

June 24, 2015 at 5:32 pm

The tribe people are beautiful. Why not. It all not about men ojare. Compared to our hopping pants nija men.

10. Egbami

June 24, 2015 at 5:34 pm

I need to get visit this people and sample men without being slut shamed.

• Egbami

June 24, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I hate my phone. Wetin ‘get’ dey do for my statement. To all grammar nazis. Na typo.

11. whocares

June 24, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I would flourish in this society.. *heads to amazon and google to learn some more*

12. Jummai Hauwa

June 24, 2015 at 5:47 pm

This tribe are no muslims

• miss p

June 24, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Yes they are. You conservative muslims do the most. Yet you are all following a so called prophet who was a married to children..a bloody pedophile. Have a seat with that sanctimonious crap please.

• Mimi

June 24, 2015 at 10:03 pm

OMG! U sound so IGNORANT! Learn about Islam first b4 u say the things u do! just because you see smth on tv dsnt mean its true ok!
      PS- for your info,,, This tribe is def not practicing Islam and its propaganda like this that make ppl like you believe all sort of things. Goodluck!

• Passerby

June 24, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Miss p ……Don’t speak of what you have no proper knowledge of and don’t speak ill of Islam or the prophet. What does it profit you to be so disrespectful of people’s faith.? what faith instructs you to defamate other faiths? Jesus definitely didn’t teach you that assuming you’re a Christian.

These people like many have mixed their culture with the practice of the Deen of Islam. Only God knows who is a real worshipper at the end of the day. As for your words, you will give account on the last day. Nuff said.

• Jummai Hauwa

June 25, 2015 at 9:04 am

Try and study Islam and not muslims maybe then you won’t be as ignorant as you are now

• yinkus

June 25, 2015 at 6:36 pm

you are an idiot, the prophet was 25 when he married his 40 year old wife, she was actually 15 years older than him

• Mohamed

August 4, 2015 at 5:23 am

U miss P. You hive to toilet u sly Don’t talk about my prophet he is great a great prophet and u invent you don’t know prophet issa tha son of marry

13. April

June 24, 2015 at 5:52 pm

whatever is good for the goose is also good for the gander!

14. l

June 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

@Bella naija you guys should post a youtube video by cynthia talking about baby mama syndrome. im sure people can learn from it and thank me later!!!!

15. Amy

June 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Everyone now wants to be Tuareg cos they have heard about the sexual freedom and the low levels of commitments required. This is an exact reflection of the morals of our society. This story just made me worried for the young women’s health HPV and other sexually transmitted infections and teenage pregnancies must be rampant there and they are always in the desert so how do they deal with that?.I worry about that aspect , the media only tells us what we need to hear, some feminist would probably get high off this story but if yiu sit back and think of it life as a Tuareg female may not be as rosy as it is being painted.

• Amy

June 24, 2015 at 5:55 pm

*low level of comittment*

• Ada Nnewi

June 24, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Hello Amy! Your advert as wife material has been noted by the eligible bachelors that will stumble across this thread… I wish you success in your quest 😀

• red

June 25, 2015 at 11:25 am

Ada Nnewi, you be elegant badass! …#stole that line from Devious maids…#lol

• Just because of Amy

June 25, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Ada Nnewi, Yes thank you.
      I will choose me Amy over you 1000 times
      She’s cultured, logical and full of morals
      Not only that, shes so beautiful
      She is confident and can put up her pictures

As for you, you have no positive comment all over BN
      you are full of hatred and it stinks to the high heavens
      You need to work on yourself if that is truly who you are

Amy luv, would be sweet to meet you
      send me a mail at [email protected]
      would be expecting

• Ada Nnewi

June 24, 2015 at 6:08 pm

By the way a woman that sticks to 1 man who is a promiscuous goat can also get HPV…Also every tribe no matter how ancient have methods of birth control that are sometimes more effective than condoms…

• Amy

June 25, 2015 at 10:04 am

Let me explain . In this society, a man can also sleep with any young woman who permits it so it doesn’t really stop the “promiscious goats” it just puts more under-18 women at risk of having ‘willing’ unprotected sex (and this assumption is based on the fact that they are a nomadic desert tribe) with these “promiscuous goats” and getting infected and if you’ve done your research one major risk factor of HPV infection is an early onset of sexual activity.
      I’m not defending men (which is not wrong bt the way cos not all men are the same, sorry if you’ve been hurt, so have I, but I’ve been loved and cared for too by some so I don’t generalize )
      I’m saying they aren’t telling us the whole story, this looks like an advert to join the Amazons of the desert , I mean look at the heading “Discover the Tuareg Islamic Tribe: Men Cover their Faces Instead of Women & Married Women Have Lovers”, and I’m getting a feeling if we knew the whole story we wouldn’t be all Tuareg-y

• Amy

June 25, 2015 at 10:55 am

Their culture does not protect women from These “promiscuous goats” rather they have the freedom to sleep with as many under-18 women they can convince t. let them into their tents at night, have unprotected sex (this is based on the assumption that they are a nomadic desert tribe) and then move on the next day without any commitment. If you do your research, a risk factor for diseases due to HPV infection is an early age of onset of sexual activity . so yes, the women are at risk of STDs and unwanted pregnancies and the men are at risk too.

I’m just saying this looks like an advert to join the “Amazon tribe of the deserts”, not a report on the tribe as a whole (I mean look at the heading)

The problem i have with most feminist (and i am one myself) is they forget its a fight for equality and societal sanity not male oppression/ imitation.
      let’s start with more important things like getting female CEOs , letting women know that the MRS title isnt the most valuable title in a woman’s life and letting young women know that they can be independent and they were born to be more than just “cooks, cleaners and baby makers” not struggling for the “promiscuous goat” title!

• icrossmyheart

June 24, 2015 at 6:14 pm

WOW….now I thought being white-washed meant watching Don Lemon make a fool of himself on CNN, but I did not know I will read any from my comrades.

This tribe existed way before you and your ancestors were introduced to western medicine and western terminologies for diseases. They will exist long after you and your ilk discover the cure for cancer and reach the gates of heaven.

morals? You mean western formulations disguised as a written biblical code? Come to the West where your Christianity and your sense of morality were created and see how your white comrades exercise their moral codes.

A Westerner goes to the continent, sees something wonderfully beautiful and untainted by Christiandom or any kind of Western intrusion and you prove how well colonialism did by spewing your moral brigade and condemnation.

I want to go and see how this people live abeg where people are not shamed for exercising their desires. Where women are praised and held in esteem rather than blamed for everything under the guise of Christianity and culture.

Nice share, BN.

• Egbami

June 24, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Gbam. Colonial mentality is a bad thing. Now everything traditional and cultural is demonic and immoral without the holy sanctification of our colonial religion or knowledge.Rubbish. Can’t wait to shake my yansh at osun osogbo festival. If you don’t like it. I am sure there is a lagoon close by.

• Word

June 24, 2015 at 11:44 pm

@icrossmyheart, kisses from me.

• Shannie

June 25, 2015 at 5:30 am

I wish I could meet you and shake your hand. You said everything so eloquently. Perfect!

All of these “holy” people on BN with their so called bible knowledge………sometimes I roll my eyes so hard, it’s a wonder they haven’t fallen out of my head………

• cindy

June 24, 2015 at 6:19 pm

@amy why so serious? Did you really take BN commenters seriously? They are obviously being humorous na. Anything to attack feminists right? ?

• Future/past

June 24, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Worry for the health of the men in your society. Start with the one in front of you and you do know there are various forms of contraceptive measures people have taken and still take today ? My annoyance with your comment is your quasi concern for the health of the women what about the men ? Last time I check it takes two to perform a sexual act. Plus I don’t see you worrying about the health of nigerian men who claim being promiscuous is in their DNA. I don’t see you worry for their health when women complain of their cheating partners. Look at how hurt you are when women are somewhat sexually liberated in this tribe. In this day and age the only way your option will hold any water is if you’re concerned for both parties as it takes two to tango abi have you heard of women getting STIs or pregnant by masturbation ?

• Tari

June 24, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Quick correction, pls.

It does not always take two to perform a sexual act.
      There is something called self-love.

• whocares

June 24, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Did you consider that some people respect the society because it fosters equality? There isnt a prophet of doom damning the women to hell for their sexual liberation, or dr mofin giving them yet another retarded advice on how to keep men, from all indications (and the little I have read on here) the women are truly liberated and not just sexually. If the sexual aspect is what you focused on and could grasp, then the problem is with you. From this little snippet, I read about a society that respects women. They are allowed to make their choices. Have as many or as little lovers you want. If your marriage does not work, you are not treated as an outcast, the men respect them and that is why they chose how much of the divorce property they want. They are consulted in matters concerning them. They are encouraged to be independent.. Please how does this not transcend their sexual preferences? That is all you could grasp? Aunty get off your high horse and celebrate this. No life may not be as rosy, but it is not as miserable as you have painted it either. I am pretty sure as primitive as you consider their existence, they will have means of preventing stds and if they enjoy the kini as they seem to do, then its something they will probably know how to protect themselves from also. (Still I cannot say what the std rate is amongst them or anything past what I read here) so, if we all read further before generalising then no?

• ken

June 24, 2015 at 7:38 pm

All this for freedom of being a whore. Well i liberate u, go and whore urself around in d streets of 9ja.

• whocares

June 24, 2015 at 9:52 pm

@ Ken.. Sheathe your claws darling. I bite.

• just because of amy

June 25, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Hey “BN princess”
      send me a mail at [email protected]
      leave the likes of Ada Nnewi to be day dreaming

I confer you with the title of BN princess

16. Ada Nnewi

June 24, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I absolutely love their tradition…see how fresh their woman look…most Naija women age badly cause of man induced sufferhead…

• le coco

June 24, 2015 at 6:46 pm

lool @ada nnewi.. its tru… naija girls be looking fresh be for marriage, once they marry its wrapper and hairnet all day.. no more BAE!! hehe..

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:36 pm

It does seem the tuareg women seemed more happy.

• natu

June 24, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Hahahahaha. Lol?????

• Shannie

June 25, 2015 at 5:32 am

.I was thinking they’re gorgeous too, but I damn near died at what you said…lmao

• Just because of Amy

June 25, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Ada Nnewi, now i know the source of your hatred
      Men must have really dealt with you.

17. molarah

June 24, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I’m lost as to how this tribe’s practice is supposed to be a shining example of female empowerment. Or is sexual freedom and a hassle-free divorce all what our struggle as women is about? Is the solution to the excesses of a chauvinistic society a retort of an equally revolting dose of hyper-feminism? Please let’s not loose our sense of humanity and morality.

• Lois

June 24, 2015 at 7:43 pm

I agree with you. Though the findings of the researcher are interesting, it is important to strictly see it from the perspective of the culture being studied. Bringing the reality of a different cultural space into another culture results in chaos and dis-functionality. We are seeing that in Africa at the moment. For me whatever their cultural practices are, it helps and functions within their own cultural space that is likely to be closed and thus the issue of having ‘bastards’ is not likely. There might not be any terminology for that in the first place. But if an outsider is so exited and wants to see the cultural practices of the Tuaregs as sexual freedom, women liberation and female power in a different cultural space, he/she is mistaken (don’t forget the word ‘discrete’ largely stressed in the article above). Such will not work especially in the Patrilineal, Patrilocal societies where many of the Nigerian ethnic groups belong. Among the Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Ibibios etc that woman is discribed as of ‘easy virtue’.

• cindy

June 24, 2015 at 8:13 pm

@molarah……..my fears too o. I made a comment in a previous BN article about how I hope women wouldn’t have learnt tò hate men by the time men learn to love right. Same with racism, the blacks are being gradually taught to hate the whites. What centuries of oppression can turn one into. I just pray that we eventually find a balance one day.

• Anonymous

June 25, 2015 at 9:25 am

No, but it’s a start. little drops make an ocean.

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:34 pm

You’re saying the women of these tribes have no sense of humanity?

18. bruno FIERCE

June 24, 2015 at 6:10 pm

feminist propaganda. they forgot to include tge incest and rape part.

only god that know the kind of diseases being passed around

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Oh really,do you have any evidence for it???

19. Kadara

June 24, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Correct society, I need to make a trip there …wink

20. kaycee

June 24, 2015 at 6:26 pm

See dem. I knew most of these cry from the ladies on this site, are not because they truly want an equal society, but because they wanted the privilege the men have. Well sorry ladies is a way different ball game in Nigeria. I still feel for you ladies sha, so am going to keep supporting ur cause not bcos of the like of ada nnewi, cindy nor tosin, but because of ladies like Amy.

• cindy

June 24, 2015 at 7:27 pm

@kcee wetin cindy do una? Lol……go marry amy o, like cindy cares??

• kaycee

June 24, 2015 at 9:27 pm

It did cross my mind to get involved with amy, but bella naija haven’t made the platform dispensable for such kind of act. Her caramel chocolate persona and an imbibe of the African traditional attire, makes me wanna indulge. U can tell from her unconventional stand, in what seems to be a trolley roll for the ladies here, dat she is special. Need I say more about her smile, it is just an exquisite pill, required for a great day starter. I don’t know if there is any word like comment struck, cos i just feel like i have been rattled by her demeanour.

• daval8

June 25, 2015 at 3:17 am

Why shouldn’t women have the same rights as men. We women aren’t asking for more right were just asking for EQUAL rights. Why are men so scared.
      We just want to be able to choose have a career without people saying we are selfish N bad mothers or be stay at home mom without bashing we are lazy. Or able to leave abusive relationship. N not being given seminar on how to keep your man as if it is an achievement.

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm

So you do admit that men have privilege in nigeria?

21. Thatgidigirl

June 24, 2015 at 6:28 pm

So everybody suddenly loves the fornication and divorce aka “equal rights and freedom for women” in the Tuareg tribe, so who are the people that come on here to tell us what the bible says about fornication, divorce, babymamaism and homosexuality. Are your moral compasses broken today or the writer was so good that she didn’t elicit the usual sanctimonious and judgmental comments from BN commenters today? You people should be doing selective judgement o, God is watching you. If A certain tribe in Nigeria had this culture, we would be quick to tear them down and call them wayward.

22. Amh

June 24, 2015 at 6:29 pm

@ Ada NNewi. You are on point. I second that. Oya touareg here i come to sample your men. Yay.oops forgot am married. Oh noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Lois

June 24, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Anthropology is beautiful. It opens your mind, your heart and eyes. You see the perception and realities of other cultures that are functional within these societies. Divorce exists and is acceptable in my culture though frowned at. Divorced men and women are preferred to remarry so as not to be ‘named’ in the society but promiscuity and adultery is utterly abhorred though is still rife due to education, westernization, poverty and breakdown in the family structures and morality. Religion has nothing to do with a

24. adaeze

June 24, 2015 at 7:27 pm

interesting culture, I read about them some months ago. what’s even weird is that they use sand for their ablutions as desert people and do not really like water.

25. EllesarisEllendil

June 24, 2015 at 7:51 pm

The Tuaregs are the leaders of an insurgency that has claimed Hundreds of Thousands of Lives in Mali and its environs, they were and are slave traders and weapon smugglers too.

But let’s all forget sweep that to the side. Apparently BN commenters logic is you can kill, rape and trade in instruments of death as long you turn a blind eye to promiscuity??

Final Note, the Tuaregs predate Islam in Sub-Saharan Africa, they only accepted Islam because of the might of Borno, who they were always in constant conflict with. When Sokoto replaced Borno as the “Caliphate” they also fought with the Tuaregs. So calling them “Islamic” would be the equivalent of calling Coptics Catholic.

26. God'sBae

June 24, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Dear girl you are BAE. If not that my brother is quite promiscuous and I hate the way he treats his girlfriends. You would have been my sister-in-law to be. So why exactly are they telling us this story??? Why can’t they fight for the right of the men to unveil themselves. Or isn’t that oppression too? Bullshit!!!

Okay why is this culture wonderful and that of the Middle East is not? Please people should get brain. This is a failed attempt at feminist propaganda. If the whites approve of this then they should leave the middle easterners alone. I won’t say that their culture is vile or whatever, it’s their culture and they should be allowed to practise it.

Biko all these people always complaining about christainity and Islam, the last time I checked, there’s no where in their guidebooks people were ever forced to be any. If you want to revert to African traditional religion, then so be it. If you as a woman want to marry 5 husbands and divorce them before you’re 35, then that’s your business. It has never been a crime in Nigeria. People are free to live the way they want. If you want to start having sex with every body with a penis in the name of female liberation, good for you. Who gives any??? But please leave Christians and Muslims be. It’s their mandate to spread the gospel or will of their creator and you have a right to listen or ignore. Since divorce was before pre colonial era, I think you will still find ifa, Sango, ogun, amadioha etc to worship, their carved images are still available in some parts. They don’t mind women sleeping around and having 1000 husbands in the name of liberation.mischewww!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:23 pm

The problem is that it’s always the christians and the muslims who refused to leave us alone

• sebhai

August 14, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Why would they want to fight for the right of their men to unveil themselves if they want to????? They can go strip themselves if they want to!! It’s not like there is anyone who wants to flogged them or stoned them to death???? Unlike certain mid east cultures

27. Mabel

June 24, 2015 at 8:05 pm

These comments are hilarious. More joy in reading today..lol..

28. Aloeda

June 24, 2015 at 10:49 pm

I don’t believe these people are Muslims. If anything these are a nomadic tribe of people who have very traditional customs that are in conflict with all if not most society’s beliefs today.

29. Morolake

June 25, 2015 at 9:53 am

I Love love love BN commenters. This same story was blogged on LIB and the mediocre comments and childish responses gave me a headache.

See BN comments, some intellectual banter here and there, subtle and upfront yabs and some more informative insights on the article.

I LOVE MY BN. xxx

30. SunHi

March 11, 2017 at 3:05 am

Why do women wear hijabs? That practice IS NOT in the true history of Islam; it is from a later ruling by men.

Allah gave his creation free will and beauty; men under Shaytan’s spell, have perverted Allah’s intent; shame on those that support this deception.

Go forth with the creator’s intent.