News

Drug Trafficker Dies at Abuja Airport After Cocaine Capsules Burst in His Stomach

Ndulue NDLEAA suspected drug trafficker died at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja after cocaine capsules in his stomach burst.

The 32-year-old deceased male has been identified as Obiefuna Ndulue, Punch reports.

Ndulue slumped at the departure hall of the airport, and he was rushed to the hospital. It was at the hospital that the 55 wraps of cocaine, weighing 1.2 kilogrammes were found in his stomach.

The Lagos-based trader who hails from Anambra state, reportedly confessed to an operative of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) that he had intended to smuggle the drug.

Ndulue died while receiving treatment.

1. Charles

July 9, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Why are we igbos always the ones holding sway when it comes to drug trafficking? Before clicking the link, I held my breadth hoping not to see any igbo name. . .alas! Very sickening. . .

• NotBothered

July 9, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I wish sey, i fit reach you anywhere you deyyy….. Obiefuna, coco burst for your belle – rest in peace.

2. bruno FIERCE

July 9, 2015 at 12:45 pm

or they let him die.

nigerians can be very wicked. I’m sure they did little or nothing to save his life.

3. gracefulgrace

July 9, 2015 at 1:10 pm

If the drug trafficker. Died according to ur headline,so who now confessed dat he intended to travel wit it,smh….

4. chy

July 9, 2015 at 1:37 pm

the struggle is real but hes gone now.whats the essence of making quick cash?why cnt people learn to be patient and make do with the little they have dan goin for fast cash?

5. Ashley

July 9, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Sorry but no mercy

6. nene+

July 9, 2015 at 1:54 pm

My Igbo brothers why always?
    Get out of this dangerous trade already. Its sickening taking this kind of risk!
    What shall it profit a man to put his life at risk cos of few millions?
    Nduka is an Igbo name. Life is the best choice. Why choose death brothers biko nu?
    Ezi afa ka ego!

• oj

July 9, 2015 at 3:00 pm

was a Yoruba man not among those sentenced to death in Malaysia? pls stop bringing tribal sentiments to this matter. EVERYONE should not be in this dangerous trade.

BTW, I’m not Igbo.

• nnenne

July 9, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Not justifying evil deeds but most drug lords are not Igbos. Only small carriers are.
      I don’t know how they recruit these people, while they remain in the comfort of their homes.
      Enough already.

7. A Real Nigerian

July 9, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Another igbo man engaging in fraud.
    Not surprised.

8. Nkoyo

July 9, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Just “Negodu” life cut off at such a youthful age, just because we won’t do the right thing. This one sentence to life in prison in Indonesia, that one sentence to death in Malaysia but we have all decided to deafen our ears to all this. How about mercy, don’t we the life’s this drugs are destroying? This attitude of it won’t happen to me is not helping us.

9. Nkoyo

July 9, 2015 at 2:48 pm

*see*

10. i no send

July 9, 2015 at 2:56 pm

its time for ndigbo to hold a regional summit to find out the root cause of why their young men are mostly caught up in this crime.

11. shade

July 9, 2015 at 5:31 pm

I was initially reluctant to post a comment but my conscience will not let me rest until I posted this. When I read this headline I wept inside me, and I felt really sorry for the guy even though what he did was so wrong but the way I looked at it is ‘what will make many fully grown adults swallow poison and risk this kind of senseless activity?’ The answer my people is in the fabric of our society. Gone are the days when people really did proper work to earn a decent living. Nowadays the leaders we have in Nigeria are mostly corrupt, there are not many good role models to look up to again unlike many years ago. The role models we have now are sophisticated thieves flaunting their wealth on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the likes. Everyone now wants to drive the super car, live in the super house, fly in the super plane or the best part of the plane ( and take pictures flaunting what food they had on their first class trip). Nobody is asking the question ‘ is your wealth derived from honesty and hard work? Everyone wants to post and flaunt their artificial lives on social media and those who don’t have the means are being scorned at and looked down on like they are failures! This is the end result of such actions, many will prefer to die in Indonesia or rot for life in jails all over the world instead of living or facing such scorn in their motherland. This is a time for real sober reflection for all Nigerians, where is the future of our children and youth headed with this present day money money money grabbing and flaunting attitude? May God help us all a word is enough for the wise!!

• tee