According to Sahara Reporters, all the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Group Executive Directors (GEDs) have been sacked.
The news comes only one day after President Buhari appointed Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the Group Managing Director of the NNPC.
According to the report those sacked include:
- Ian Udoh (head of Refining and Petrochemicals)
- Adebayo Ibirogba (head of the Engineering and Technical team)
- David Ige (lead of Gas and Power)
- Attahir Yusuf (head of Business Development)
- Dan Efebo (head of Corporate Services)
- Bernard Otti (in charge of Finance and Accounts)
- Aisha Abdurrahman (Head of Commerce and Investments)
- Joseph Dawha (Head of Exploration and Production)
In addition, the report also states that Kachikwu intends to reduce the number of GEDs from nine to four.
Former president Goodluck Jonathan appointed the now sacked GEDs in March 2014.